zxy556575

Aftermath in the Media

1 hour ago, MisterBluxom said:

I think you might enjoy reading Mike Rinder's blog.  I also think you would fit right in and that many of the people there would enjoy hearing from you.

www.mikerindersblog.org

If I got the link wrong, just Google for "Mike Rinder's Blog".

Thanks MisterBluxom, I check in on Mike’s blog periodically and I just subscribed.  It’s a good way to keep up with things during the off season.

I wanted to pass on something that I read about on Mike’s blog today.  I will leave it up to the moderators whether this is the correct place to post it or if we can post it on several of the threads to get maximum saturation.  I think we have talked about the Aftermath Foundation being an awesome way to help those who have suffered at the hands of Co$ and/or feel trapped.  Certainly Aaron’s YouTube video the other day about his most recent brush with “fair gaming” was a good reminder of the good that the foundation is doing.  I know that not everyone has a lot of money to give to charity and it might be difficult to budget a contribution to the foundation.  But, did you know that the Aftermath Foundation is set up with Amazon.Smile?  Just by making your normal Amazon purchases through their charity division, they will donate a portion to the charity of your choice.  So you don’t really have to do anything extra to help people.  Just designate who you want Amazon to donate to and make your regular purchases.  Tell everyone you know that shops on Amazon a lot!  Or just make it a goal to tell two people.  For those of us wondering what we can do - there you go!  I trust the foundation to vet recipients and use my contributions in the best way possible.  Thanks for listening.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

54 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Thanks MisterBluxom, I check in on Mike’s blog periodically and I just subscribed.  It’s a good way to keep up with things during the off season.

I wanted to pass on something that I read about on Mike’s blog today.  I will leave it up to the moderators whether this is the correct place to post it or if we can post it on several of the threads to get maximum saturation.  I think we have talked about the Aftermath Foundation being an awesome way to help those who have suffered at the hands of Co$ and/or feel trapped.  Certainly Aaron’s YouTube video the other day about his most recent brush with “fair gaming” was a good reminder of the good that the foundation is doing.  I know that not everyone has a lot of money to give to charity and it might be difficult to budget a contribution to the foundation.  But, did you know that the Aftermath Foundation is set up with Amazon.Smile?  Just by making your normal Amazon purchases through their charity division, they will donate a portion to the charity of your choice.  So you don’t really have to do anything extra to help people.  Just designate who you want Amazon to donate to and make your regular purchases.  Tell everyone you know that shops on Amazon a lot!  Or just make it a goal to tell two people.  For those of us wondering what we can do - there you go!  I trust the foundation to vet recipients and use my contributions in the best way possible.  Thanks for listening.

Excellent post, HLWG!

Anyone read this week's Enquirer cover story about Shelly Miscavage "being found" after 13 years?  I won't spend the $$, but am curious what it says.

• Surprise 3

On 2/22/2019 at 11:52 PM, Skycatcher said:

Anyone read this week's Enquirer cover story about Shelly Miscavage "being found" after 13 years?  I won't spend the $$, but am curious what it says.

Hey, I think I found it here : https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiotpTA4dbgAhWoxoUKHfdTB8cQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressreader.com%2Fusa%2Fnational-enquirer%2F20190301%2F281943134157232&usg=AOvVaw24vCBIRDBrx4I1_EO4vNxW !

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 6:21 AM, Diane Mars said:

So . . . . . the "media" outlet that has been known to be a joke for years and years and that employs similar tactics to Scientology (anyone following the Jeff Bezos attempted blackmail/intimidation attempt by them?) is the one to "break" this story? If anyone took this seriously for even one minute, shame on them. Just like Co$, its all about the money for them and nothing else. 

This story actually makes me angry for some reason. . .  🤬

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

This story actually makes me angry for some reason. . .  🤬

I can tell you why it makes me angry. That woman is clearly not Shelly Miscavige. They know it's not her they talked to Mike Rinder and other people who know her and they all said that woman is clearly not Shelly Miscavige. She looks nothing like Shelly. But Scientologists and other doubters will be using this story for years to say "See she's fine, she was on the Freewinds. She's just choosing not to be public." It's just a cash grab that will actually hurt the chances of ever getting justice for Shelly. 

• Like 7