Jump to content
deaja

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

Recommended Posts

On 1/22/2019 at 1:45 AM, Giselle said:

Jumping up and down on the couch wasn't threatening it was laughable and he looked like an idiot.

He did look like an idiot, but someone mentioned to me that he was imitating Miscavage who supposedly jumps up on chairs to intimidate his subordinates.  Not sure if that is true, but it makes sense in a scientological way, not in a normal way.  I have forgotten why he jumped on  the couch.  He has creeped me out ever since I watched part of the ceremony where he gets that award.  His saluting Miscavage and the picture of LRH makes me ill

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I have forgotten why he jumped on  the couch.

He was on Oprah's old talk show expressing his deep, deep lurve for Katie Holmes. He came off like a total loon. Shortly thereafter was the Matt Lauer interview debacle where he called Matt glib and claimed to know everything about the history of psychiatry and Matt knew nothing.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, italianguy626 said:

He was on Oprah's old talk show expressing his deep, deep lurve for Katie Holmes. He came off like a total loon. Shortly thereafter was the Matt Lauer interview debacle where he called Matt glib and claimed to know everything about the history of psychiatry and Matt knew nothing.

thanks, I had forgotten.  I do recall his rant against some celeb (Brook Shields?) for taking meds for post natal depression.  He always seems like a total jerk to me.  and not too bright, either

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Twopper said:

thanks, I had forgotten.  I do recall his rant against some celeb (Brook Shields?) for taking meds for post natal depression.  He always seems like a total jerk to me.  and not too bright, either

The rant against Brooke Shields was in the Matt Lauer interview, which led to Tommy’s comments about the history of psychiatry when Lauer started pushing back.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/9/2018 at 7:45 PM, MisterBluxom said:

It occurred to me the other day. Is there no legal device that would ensure Shelley would have to appear in some court at some time? Surely many people have been thinking about this for many years now.  Is there just no way to do this at all?

like paying taxes, i r s? her name must be on something , is he forging her signature? has she no family? this is insane.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

like paying taxes, i r s? her name must be on something , is he forging her signature? has she no family? this is insane.

I wouldn't put it past Miss Cabbage to be forging Shelly's name.  As far as family, I think she was an only child and I believe both her parents are deceased.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, italianguy626 said:

He was on Oprah's old talk show expressing his deep, deep lurve for Katie Holmes. He came off like a total loon. Shortly thereafter was the Matt Lauer interview debacle where he called Matt glib and claimed to know everything about the history of psychiatry and Matt knew nothing.

I assumed he was trying to counter gay rumours by pretending to be so much in love with a woman that he couldn't control himself.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, msrachelj said:

like paying taxes, i r s? her name must be on something , is he forging her signature? has she no family? this is insane.

I'm pretty sure members of the sea org don't pay taxes.  As for needing her signature on something, DM probably got power of attorney over Shelly long ago.  If not, I'm sure he does forge it.  Considering every piece of mail, etc gets checked before it's sent and when it's received, I can guarantee Shelly isn't the only member who has had documents falsified without their knowledge.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

I assumed he was trying to counter gay rumours by pretending to be so much in love with a woman that he couldn't control himself.

Well, it was that too, IMHO.  Remember when Rosie O'Donnell raved on and on about how Tom Cruise was her girlhood/high school crush?  This was before Rosie came out.  To me it was like a pact the two of them had made to help each other's careers.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

I assumed he was trying to counter gay rumours by pretending to be so much in love with a woman that he couldn't control himself.

Hmmmmmm.   I wonder if, behind closed doors, Tom and Miss Cabbage..........  They're both soooooo pretty.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It was around that time that Scientology, Cruise & Travolta were featured on an episode of South Park called Trapped in the Closet (2005). Cruise got lawyers to stop it being aired in the US for a while, so here in Canada they ran in once or more a week for ages. I wasn't a South Park watcher, but hearing about this made me watch.  It is hilarious and starts with the kids being enticed to watch a video at a Scientology storefront I their town.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

It was around that time that Scientology, Cruise & Travolta were featured on an episode of South Park called Trapped in the Closet (2005). Cruise got lawyers to stop it being aired in the US for a while, so here in Canada they ran in once or more a week for ages. I wasn't a South Park watcher, but hearing about this made me watch.  It is hilarious and starts with the kids being enticed to watch a video at a Scientology storefront I their town.

Issac Hayes (Chef) supposedly quit the show after that episode because he was a Scientologist. At least that was what was released at the time.

I Just read an interview with his son who said his father had just suffered a stroke in 2006 and that someone in Scientology who was working with/for Hayes quit South Park for him (without his knowledge/consent).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Out of pure spite, I'm glad that Elisabeth Moss lost the SAG award for Handmaid's Tale and hope that streak continues.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2019 at 6:01 PM, juliet73 said:

I'm pretty sure members of the sea org don't pay taxes.  As for needing her signature on something, DM probably got power of attorney over Shelly long ago.  If not, I'm sure he does forge it.  Considering every piece of mail, etc gets checked before it's sent and when it's received, I can guarantee Shelly isn't the only member who has had documents falsified without their knowledge.

If everything we are hearing is correct, only a small number would need to pay taxes (mostly the registrars who are paid commissions on everything they collect). One of the graphics in the episode with the woman who's mother lost her inheritance said that the mother had earned somewhere between $2-3k PER YEAR!. Mike noted that they were taking out somewhere around fifty cents per paycheck in withholding. At those levels even if you have to file, the IRS isn't looking too closely at your return.

Share this post


Link to post

Since most taxes are electronically, there is no physical signature required.     I suspect if a power of attorney was needed for something with Shelley's signature, then one would magically appear. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, 2727 said:

Out of pure spite, I'm glad that Elisabeth Moss lost the SAG award for Handmaid's Tale and hope that streak continues.

So was I! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, Twopper said:

He did look like an idiot, but someone mentioned to me that he was imitating Miscavage who supposedly jumps up on chairs to intimidate his subordinates.  Not sure if that is true, but it makes sense in a scientological way, not in a normal way.  I have forgotten why he jumped on  the couch.  He has creeped me out ever since I watched part of the ceremony where he gets that award.  His saluting Miscavage and the picture of LRH makes me ill

Ooooooh, he's an ANGRY elf

Edited by MamaMax
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2019 at 8:43 PM, Skycatcher said:

Hmmmmmm.   I wonder if, behind closed doors, Tom and Miss Cabbage..........  They're both soooooo pretty.

They are?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

“...Police charged the driver with misdemeanor marijuana possession, DUI and failure to yield. Nemeth took her to jail.

It probably seemed a routine arrest. But the woman was Denise Gentile, and in her world, this was anything but routine.

Gentile, of Clearwater, is a well-known Scientologist and the twin sister of the church's worldwide leader, David Miscavige...”

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/twin-sister-of-scientology-leader-miscavige-arrested-for-marijuana/2129224

ETA

“...Denise Gentile, a sister of David Miscavige, chairman of the church's Board of Religious Technology Center, did not appear at Monday's hearing in Pinellas County, the Tampa Bay Times reported. The plea bargain calls for her to undergo an alcohol evaluation, attend classes for drunk drivers, pay $800 in court costs and meet with victims of drunk driving...”

https://www.upi.com/Sister-of-Scientology-head-spared-drug-DUI-conviction/45101373399564/

Edited by kicotan · Reason: More info
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I thought drugs were strictly a no-no for Co$ members???

Yeah but Leah was saying something in an interview (with Joe Rogan) that alot of them do drugs or drink) and then go in some type of sauna to sweat it out or detox to get it out of their system. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'd guess that she was smoking pot for medical reasons, but CO$ frowns upon medical interventions. So, no, it appears that sis is a pothead.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'd guess that she was smoking pot for medical reasons, but CO$ frowns upon medical interventions. So, no, it appears that sis is a pothead.

Actually, according to that article, she and her husband own a trap house!!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had to Google it.....

"A drug house, also known as a trap house, bando, jugg house, or crack house....."

 Sounds like "do as I say not as I do."  Oh, well, as long as it brings in enough money to keep buying those classes, books, and packages, I guess anything goes, right?

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, kicotan said:

Jeez - from that article

Quote

Denise thought Kyle may have gotten hooked on street drugs. Brennan and Denise phoned Kyle's mother and urged her to send him to Narconon, the drug treatment program affiliated with the church. Kyle's mother refused. (All of this was later recounted in sworn testimony from Denise and Brennan.)

Thomas Brennan locked Kyle's antidepressant medication, Lexapro, in his car trunk. Brennan later found Kyle dead of a gunshot wound in his apartment.

I wish the show would spotlight this.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2019 at 12:05 PM, msrachelj said:

like paying taxes, i r s? her name must be on something , is he forging her signature? has she no family? this is insane.

They could be filing separately, and if she has no reportable income, no reason for the IRS to notice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Even if she files with Miss Cabbage, with electronic signatures there is no manual signature, and if they were audited, then it would be the tax attorney that went to see the IRS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Its a nice thought that Shelly might still be alive to possibly escape and testify and bring the whole shit show down, but realistically, she probably is not. Given that the last time she was seen in public was what -- ten years ago at a hardware store -- and the person said she looked really frail and weak then, what are the chances she is still alive. We know how poorly people are treated, she was isolated for years and in poor health. The reality is, she is more likely dead than not and her body long disposed of. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Its a nice thought that Shelly might still be alive to possibly escape and testify and bring the whole shit show down, but realistically, she probably is not. Given that the last time she was seen in public was what -- ten years ago at a hardware store -- and the person said she looked really frail and weak then, what are the chances she is still alive. We know how poorly people are treated, she was isolated for years and in poor health. The reality is, she is more likely dead than not and her body long disposed of. 

A death certificate needs to be filed with the county.  Yeah, of course they could fail to do it and just bury her.  But if he has a tame doctor, why not just announce she died of natural causes?  They announced hubbard’s Death.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

A death certificate needs to be filed with the county.  Yeah, of course they could fail to do it and just bury her.  But if he has a tame doctor, why not just announce she died of natural causes?  They announced hubbard’s Death.

Because filing a death certificate and/or announcing her death will cause even more questions and shine an even harsher spotlight on them. There's lots of things that "need" to happen that they just don't do.

This show is definitely doing some damage -- you think the pressure from both Leah and the public wouldn't increase by a factor of 100 if Shelly's death were formally announced or filed? Especially if she died a couple of years ago and no certificate was filed? 

As long as there's no definitive proof, they have nothing (formal or legal) to answer for . . . 

LRH's death was a completely different situation and announcing it enabled Miss Cabbage to complete his takeover and elevate LRH to become a conquering hero, abandoning this body to achieve even greater levels of knowledge that he would return and share with the faithful. LRH's life -- and death -- is a thing to be celebrated and praised!! Isn't there video from one of the dog and pony shows of them singing happy birthday to him with a cake and everything?

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

For a brief instant, I thought this was going to be a link about Tom Cruise doing a remake of The Jeffersons.  As I said, it was a very brief instant...

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/14/2019 at 5:57 AM, cynicat said:

For a brief instant, I thought this was going to be a link about Tom Cruise doing a remake of The Jeffersons.  As I said, it was a very brief instant...

I thought of the exact same thing!  Now I want to know if Tiny Tom is on the east side of Clearwater.  I also wonder if C0$ chose that city because of Clear in the name, as in Going Clear.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Here's Tony Ortega's take on Beck's probability of leaving the Co$ now that he's divorcing Marissa Ribisi.

And wow, I'd never recognize Marissa without her big red Dazed And Confused 'do.

I hope so. I used to like his music then I found out he was in this cult and stopped listening. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Here's Tony Ortega's take on Beck's probability of leaving the Co$ now that he's divorcing Marissa Ribisi.

And wow, I'd never recognize Marissa without her big red Dazed And Confused 'do.

I am so happy to read this. I love Beck. As soon as I heard he was in Scientology I’ve been avoiding his music and would feel sad when I did hear it. To hear how “light” he was makes me feel somewhat better and can’t wait until he gets fully out. I would like to see him be an advocate against it, but he probably won’t for his children. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×