OnceSane

S20.E09: Not Funny

Cartman is certain Heidi can solve the problem of getting them to Mars because she’s really funny. Gerald tries to save himself by reasoning with the Troll Hunter while Garrison explores his new found military power.

So Troll Trace was a troll the entire time. Should've seen it coming. I bet the Troll Hunter is behind the member berries somehow too...

The return of Mr. Slave! Love him and Kyle calling Garrison a bitch president. Also love the show breaking the fourth wall about how everything has been so serious this season.

Seriously, I don't know why Kyle and Ike are staking out themselves to cover for their father. Sheila is on the warpath now. She had BETTER find out Gerald is the troll. Only one episode left for Gerald to go down. Do NOT disappoint me, Trey and Matt!

Edited by Spartan Girl · Reason: Mispelled Kyle
  • Like 3

Bang? Whimper? No. Rick Roll. Gotta say, I did not see that coming.

Really hoping Sheila doesn't die from pure rage. She shouldn't suffer because she married an asshole troll. Surprised she didn't go full New Jersey on us.

Man, when was the last time we saw Mr. Slave? And nice to see Garrison easily manipulated. Still wondering how he gets to start a war. I mean. I get how this show is a funhouse mirror reflection of reality, but I'd expect a few rules to remain in place.

Still expecting the last two seasons to be a fever dream. Still expecting Garrison to find Patrick Duffy in the shower. Still expecting Patrick Duffy to be attached to Scuzzlebutt. But damn, Matt and Trey know how to make things interesting.

ETA: The Member Berries would also be a dream. That explains why we didn't see them rocking the White House this week.

• Like 3

I get the feeling that Hillary Clinton, J.J. Abrams & the Memberberries were going to play huge roles...and then Trump won. Unless they all come in to play next week, I have a feeling that the Garrison plot was not planned.

EDIT: So Heidi really IS smart...but is she as funny as Cartman says she is?

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Man, when was the last time we saw Mr. Slave? And nice to see Garrison easily manipulated. Still wondering how he gets to start a war. I mean. I get how this show is a funhouse mirror reflection of reality, but I'd expect a few rules to remain in place.

Member when Sheila started the war against Canada? And since Denmark is the Canada of Europe, it's fitting that Gerald's the person that starts this one.

EDIT: I fully expect the story to not fully be done, just like last season's finale.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 5

I loved plucky, super-intelligent little Heidi.  It was so cute when she was staring at that board and said, "I'm just not getting this," but she didn't give up and found the answer while teaching herself advanced math.  Adorable.

I also liked Kyle taking a pause to ask Ike where he learned such filthy language, and Ike said, "Daddy!"  Gerald is the worst.

Lastly, I got a laugh when Garrison took calls from his South Park acquaintances over every world leader that was on hold.  Good episode.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I get the feeling that Hillary Clinton, J.J. Abrams & the Memberberries were going to play huge roles...and then Trump won. Unless they all come in to play next week, I have a feeling that the Garrison plot was not planned.

Nobody expected Trump...er, I mean Garrison to win.

I'm annoyed that the trolls seemed to let Gerald off the hook, especially when his apology to the trolls and the Danes only came off as being more pretentious. I get the writers are trying to make him an allegory for the show, but harassing people online doesn't make you a satirist, it makes you a sociopath.

Mr. Slave!  I had to admit I had completely forgotten the character until he showed up but damn was I happy when he returned.  His bit with Garrison (as well as Kyle and Ike's subsequent phone call) was great.

But where were the Member Berries?  Member?

Gerald has become even more vile if that was possible and I don't know why Kyle and Ike continue to defend him (though I laughed when Ike said where he got his potty mouth from).  It looks like it Classic South Park style they are setting him up for a double turn against the Danish troll.  I hope that no matter what Sheila is the one who makes him pay for what he has done.

Glad to see Kyle return to the forefront here.  Stan has really been pushed into the background the past two years or so and Kenny is just a background extra now.

• Like 2

Forgot about Priest Maxie. Where has that guy been hiding? He was sketchy, but at least he wanted to fight the actions of his fellow priests.

Kyle & Ike have to come clean with Sheila, she may go all Jersey on them but she needs to know what Gerald has been doing.  I loved them going balls in on her & Garrison though.

And of course Garrison can be swayed by whomever insults him last. 

Troll Tracker is a troll?  Good twist.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2016 at 8:35 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Seriously, I don't know why Kyle and Ike are staking out themselves to cover for their father.

I don't know if they're covering for him. Kyle seems to want to actually get to the bottom of what's going on. He had no idea that Gerald was in Denmark and clearly put 2 + 2 together, with the bombing, the troll software, and Gerald suddenly being there. 

Sheila is totally out of control, so there's clearly no talking to her until the evidence is right up in her face. I saw him more buying time to figure out what to actually do. 

• Like 3

On 12/1/2016 at 9:58 AM, benteen said:

But where were the Member Berries?  Member?

I member.

I'm guessing the show will member this week, but there's a whole lot to wrap up here, so it'll be interesting to see if they're going to be able to pull it off.

My guess... the member berries will somehow end up hijacking whatever rocket there is and being the ones to go to Mars - since they don't appear to die - where they can member some of those movies about Mars and martians on the way. Member "Total Recall?" Member "Mars Attacks?" Yeah, I member.