Galileo908

S28.E08: Dad Behavior

Intro: Homer balloon!

Billboard: Celebrate your holiday by ruining others!

Chalkboard: I will watch all 600 episodes without sleeping!

Couch Gag: Bart's the only one who made it to the couch. That opening was great.

Homer has a point bout mascot fights: Top-heavy mascots always win, unless they're fighing one without arms.

Man, Choremonkey is a awesome idea. For us lazy folks, that is. An Uber for people to do your chores for you. I loved that whole bit with Blake the hostage negotiator, and the OJ Simpson and deflategate jokes. I also liked how Matt Leinart was actually around for most of the episode and not a cheap cameo. It was just like Brother From The Same Planet, only with Milhouse in place of Pepi, and Matt Leinhart in place of Tom.

That "It gets better" poster with the grave in the retirement home was DARK, and the Popeye-esque flashback was funny, but also dark. 

Of course Milhouse is the Top Hat in Monopoly. And Kirk can't even get Wendell's approval, and riding in a go-kart with Bart was the highlight of his year, it seems.

Loved that ending with the return of Blake, and the Vin Scully tribute was great, too.

• Like 1

A sports cameo that actually made me laugh.  Homer throws the football into stupid Flanders backyard.

Flanders: "My zinnias !"
Matt Leinert: "Pffft.  Annuals."

Now that was funny.

Itchy and Scratchy's Injury 500.

Abe: "That was a time when throwing your child into the sun was considered humane."
Never change Abe.

Abe: "You can feel it when they cremate you.  Tell everyone."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 2

Abe: "That was a time when throwing your child into the sun was considered humane"
Never change Abe.

"Aww, that was from before a time when throwing your baby into the sun was considered child abuse." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

"Aww, that was from before a time when throwing your baby into the sun was considered child abuse." 

My bad -- thanks @Galileo908

ETA:  Correction, on 2nd viewing, we were both off, but I was way out there.
Abe: "Awe, that was before throwing your baby into the sun was considered child abuse."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 1

How old was Abe's girlfriend supposed to be? Because pregnancy is something that I would imagine that wouldn't be an issue for someone like Abe and his girlfriend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

How old was Abe's girlfriend supposed to be? Because pregnancy is something that I would imagine that wouldn't be an issue for someone like Abe and his girlfriend.

Yeah, that was a little odd considering that she was supposed to be of retiree age.

I liked that Jasper's baby also had a full beard in utero.

Abe: "Well, I just want to say .... Yes !  I can't raise my left arm much less a child. Yippee ! Not having kids keeps ya young."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 2

Is someone on the staff related to Matt Leinart (i.e. the poor man's Carson Palmer)?  That was a lot of airtime given to a guy who won the Heisman back when Bush was still in his first term and ended up joining a large group of Heisman winners who had crappy NFL careers.

• Like 1

I had no idea who Matt Leinart was before last night. Thanks, show writers. I actually thought he did a good job, to me he did not sound stilted or out of his element. 

ChoreMonkey has to happen, right? I bet revenue would skyrocket around certain holidays, like the upcoming Thanksgiving. 

Two straight episodes featuring Abe SLs was all right with me. And aw, the Vin Scully tribute at the end. Sniffles. 

• Like 1