Lantern7

The Merchandise Thread: "YOU CAN'T HAVE MY CHEESY POOFS!!!"

I'm addicted to getting blind box vinyl figures. Kidrobot has done that in the past with South Park . . . most recently, "The Many Faces Of Cartman." Well, I went to New York Comic Con, and they had figures based on the upcoming game, The Fractured But Whole. They sold out pretty quickly. I wound up with Human Kite (Kyle) and Super Craig (Craig with a piece of paper with an "S" scrawled on it). Other characters you can get are Mysterion, The Coon, Professor Chaos, General Disarray, Mintberry Crunch, Toolshed, Call Girl (Wendy with various mobile devices) and Captain Diabetes (poor, poor Scott). According to the website, Jimmy returns as The Bard from The Stick Of Truth.

(ETA: Forgot about Mosquito. I think Token's Tupperware-themed hero didn't make the cut for legal reasons)

What South Park bric-a-brac have you guys and gals collected over the years? Are you a herder?

• Like 1

No merchandise to report, but I do have an AwesomO costume:

56eaa500-0c3a-46bd-abdb-ba9b2aa95876.jpg

Here's a better picture, but I had to modify it some. Sadly, I lost the color appropriate can opener and had to go with what I had at the time. Also the costume is a little more beat up now...

awesomO.jpg

I've been told that I have the voice down pretty well. And I generally have to have a few "movie ideas" ready, because people always ask for them!

• Like 2

Was this at New York Comic Con? I think A.W.E.S.O.M.-O was a part of Kidrobot's Cartman line. I know that I wound up with the Cowboy and Bunny vinyls.

That was Dragon*Con in Atlanta - which is pretty huge at this point (somewhere around 65,000+ or so attending. It covers 5 hotels and another building at present). Also extremely fun. It's got so much diverse stuff going on. You can see things ranging from a talk on Forensic science (There is a straight science trak) to Anime cosplay to almost any kind of fantasy role play board game (or video game) that you can think of. My favorites are the Filking - The Brobdingnagian Bards are my favorite - the Science trak, the Whedonverse trak, the MST3000 panels, the Writers' trak (published science fiction and fantasy authors share all kinds of writing advice), the Supernatural panels, The Trek Trak, and the Battlebot battles. I used to go to the Star Wars trak for the prop building contest and the fan videos - which were great - but they stopped having those sadly. They also have an anime/Manga trak and an animation trak. My best friend is a G1 (Transformers) and there's usually a pretty good number of those fans for those panels as well.

And the dealers rooms are pretty large. Next year let me know if you're looking for something special and how much you'd want to pay, and I can see if it's available. Or if nothing else, I can pick up business cards with websites and contact numbers and such for those who have the kind of stuff you're looking for. The comics artists in attendance are usually pretty impressive also, often selling original artwork and comic sketches. Two years ago, I bought my mother some pretty awesome prints of sketches from a Godzilla comic artist. (Mom's a huge Godzilla fan). So yeah, usually 2 or 3 huge floors of dealers at Dragon*Con plus another hall full of artists. I think you'd enjoy it for the dealers rooms alone.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Like 1

Back on-topic . . . games count as merch, yes? Here's fifteen minutes of gameplay from The Fractured But Whole:

It's uncensored, so it's totally NSFW. "I just flushed one little shit. Now here's . . . one . . . MORE!!!"

• Like 1

You know, I played The Stick of Truth and while I enjoyed the references and the characters, there was very little of the clever parodic plots and dialog that really make the show work. Some bits like the alien ship were funny but for the most part it was bathroom humor and a little sarcasm.

That clip of the new gameplay seems very similar. Wonderful attention to detail, and pausing the combat for a car coming through is really funny. But I need to feel like it's worth going through the whole thing and I'm just not sure I will.

I used to have a little stuffed Kyle, Kenny, Stan, and Cartman, and a stuffed Timmy in a wheelchair, but they got ruined in a flood we had.  I still have a motion lamp that has Cartman on his Big Wheel with "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY" on it.  I also have a talking beer stein that says Cartman stuff, a Mr. Hat Puppet, and a bunch of keychains - the ones released within the first season or two.  I have the whole set that was released at that time:  Ike, Kyle, Stan, Kenny, Cartman, Terrence, Phillip, Chef, Mr. Garrison, Wendy, Officer Barbrady, and there might be one or two more.  I had them hanging on two South Park lanyards.  I also have the original South Park PlayStation game, and Chef's Love Shack.  The Love Shack game is fun, but the other game gave me motion sickness, so rarely played it.  I think it's about time to put everything up on eBay.  I have it all in storage - kind-of pointless if someone else could be enjoying it.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Like 1