Toaster Strudel

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

JJ is correct that it's a life "necessity" though.  In a criminal matter as this, you're grist for the mill without representation. Furthermore, I did find this ruling consistent in that she frequently rules (or pontificates) in favor of the tax payer as her lengthy and a bit redundant explanation of her ruling indicated.  So, if I put two and two together, the minor 17 year old needs an attorney and the parents who have the means should pay before you and I are required to do so. Once the kid turns 18 and you want to feed him to the wolves, so be it; it's your life I guess.  Until then be a man and protect your offspring.

She also said it’s up to the parents to have the kid get a job and pay the parents back. 

My brother got himself in a minor mess at 16/17. My mom could have gotten a public defender for him easily, but she took him to a private attorney. Then she got my brother a summer job working at the same hospital she was employed at and he worked 40 hrs a week for the entire summer. She took every one of his checks and used them to pay the attorney.  My brother never got in trouble again. 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She also said it’s up to the parents to have the kid get a job and pay the parents back. 

My brother got himself in a minor mess at 16/17. My mom could have gotten a public defender for him easily, but she took him to a private attorney. Then she got my brother a summer job working at the same hospital she was employed at and he worked 40 hrs a week for the entire summer. She took every one of his checks and used them to pay the attorney.  My brother never got in trouble again. 

Wow, that almost sounds like 1) she was teaching him to take responsibility for his actions 👍.... or 2) abuse of child labor laws👎I imagine at the time your brother felt it was #2, but in time realized it was #1

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

He may pay taxes, but that fact hardly frees him for the obligation of his half of a $5,000 legal bill.

True fact, man. But I didn't say (or mean to imply) that he had no obligation to foot the bill otherwise. My point was only about JJ's claim that it seems like it was only her taxes that go towards paying legal aid when the father's taxes (and, by the same extent, all of our taxes) go towards legal aid for those who can't afford it.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

True fact, man. But I didn't say (or mean to imply) that he had no obligation to foot the bill otherwise. My point was only about JJ's claim that it seems like it was only her taxes that go towards paying legal aid when the father's taxes (and, by the same extent, all of our taxes) go towards legal aid for those who can't afford it.

Point taken. I didn’t take her that literally when she referred to herself as the taxpayer to mean that she in fact considers herself the only taxpayer. Independent of the tax issue or even a custody agreement for me was that this guy brought the boy into the world and he has an obligation to protect him from the world while he’s still a kid, albeit a big kid who should know enough to keep himself out of the criminal courts. And don’t saddle your ex-wife with 100% of the burden. Be a man. Nut up and pay up. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

At least she told the boy he owes his parents that money, although there is probably zero probability the little delinquent would ever reimburse anything, not that he has to since the show pays out the award (which still leaves him in debt to his mother).

Didn't his mother say he had gotten a job to pay them back?

• Like 3

So how did the nurses' union case end up?  I was interrupted and missed the exciting conclusion! Thanks!

Ah, union politics! Takes me back a few years.

Defendants seemed to be the frequent mix in such circumstances of people who rely on hearsay, have a confused or erroneous understanding of the rules governing financial procedures and jump easily to unwarranted conclusions based on incomplete facts, with the added twist of some of them having political ambitions within the union.

That being said, the former president should have known that him signing checks made out to his wife could raise eyebrows and might have taken precautions to forestall any hint of a conflict of interests (although with that bunch, even the most reasonable precautions would not have allayed their oversuspicious minds). For example, we do not know if the rules of this particular union make it an obligation that the president sign all checks along with another officier, a silly rule in some organisations that can complicate things when the person is away for a while.

JJ annoyed me when she was screaming at the accountant because she did not want a whole pile of papers. Depending on the internal rules of some organisations, even a single expense can generate a lot of supporting documentation, like the initial bills, the form to request and authorize payment (which may need to be approved by 2 or 3 people), and finally some form of receipt confirming that the check has been issued (or electronic payment has been made).

That scheme where people who sign up new members get a bonus is a gimmick that easily contributed to the climate of mistrust.

The plaintiffs fully deserved the 5 k$ awarded to them and the head plaintiff was totally disingenuous when he said "we did not mean to imply they were doing anything fraudulent when we sent out that mailing". He must be taking us and JJ for fools. Their general incompetence and self-serving negligence in carrying out the most basic verification makes me suspect they might be trounced out of office at the next round of elections.

• Like 8

A day of people who don't feel like bringing proof.     The union case was so awful, with all of those statements flying back and forth.   I don't know how any of them could work together after this.      I think it was a sad case of people trying to do the right thing, by running for office, and then winning became everything, and it got personal.       

The sublet, did he pay/ didn't he was confusing to me too.     I laugh at the 'undisclosed location' though. 

The survey case was ridiculous, with all of that acrimony one second, followed by both sides announcing they will still hang out.   

My cousin was a surveyor, and to do large properties, especially ones that haven't been done in a while, you do have to sight along more than one corner or property line.      I don't know if GPS and other tools have changed that though.    So doing an area survey for two properties does make sense.  Unfortunately, finding the corner markers (usually buried metal objects now) can be tough.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

and the head plaintiff was totally disingenuous when he said "we did not mean to imply they were doing anything fraudulent when we sent out that mailing".

Oh, fuck that!  What a load of bullshit.  Assholes.  Glad the plaintiffs won.  Thank you for the update!!

I did appreciate how dapper each of today's contesti-gants were dressed. Nice change. No see-through undergarments!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Like 7

Dennis Byron, well-dressed, well-spoken deadbeat: You can always tell when someone is a scammer. If I were accused of ripping anyone off, I would be beyond outraged, but scammers like Dennis just stand there smiling. I guess he's used to being accused and reviled because this is probably his MO - going from place to place and not paying. No, he paid no rent in November, but he has a good reason for not doing so - plaintiff told him to leave the place he was subletting from her (she told him that because he consistantly paid late and then not at all). That means he doesn't have to pay, even though he had his ass parked in the apartment, right? JJ asks where he live now and he said he now lives in an "undisclosed location." LOL! He doesn't want any more "harassment" from plaintiff, whose harassment consisted of trying to get him to pay the damned rent.  Or maybe he's in a witness protection program. People, if you need someone to sublet your place, do a better job of checking them out to make sure they aren't predatory grifters and squattahs. JJ awards plaintiff her missing rent and as she's leaving, Dennis is yelling, "Wait. I have three countersuits!" even though he was told that his reply of "undisclosed location" means he gets nothing, well aside from the fact that a countersuit is an incredible show of chutzpah from a deadbeat.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

8 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Wow, that almost sounds like 1) she was teaching him to take responsibility for his actions 👍.... or 2) abuse of child labor laws👎I imagine at the time your brother felt it was #2, but in time realized it was #1

Just to clarify, my mom didn’t “take”his check, he received it and turned it over to her. Also, the employer didn’t break any child labor laws, it was over the summer school break so it was legal for him to work 40 hrs a week, he worked in the storeroom handing out supplies to the various nursing units, (not exactly slave labor). My mother was still supporting him as far as him living at home, food, a bit of spending money.  My brother, after a couple weeks of sulking,  didn’t have any lingering resentment against my mom. 

And oddly enough she got lots of flack from co workers and even relatives who thought she was being heavy handed. Some of those people are still bailing their kids out of trouble a couple decades later. ....

• Like 13

9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

his reply of "undisclosed location"

In my fantasy world, JJ would have responded to this gem with "Well, since you won't disclose your home location, we will be unable to provide your return transportation so find your own undisclosed way home!"

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 11

Both of Friday’s episodes were preempted by a local new stories. Is there a recap posted anywhere?

Both of Friday’s episodes were preempted by a local new stories. Is there a recap posted anywhere?

Oh, Ms. Reyes, we could tell from the start that things were not going to go your way!  Ah-move!

Your children range in age from 15-30.  How much full-time "mothering" do they need from you??

Would really, really like to know the name of her employer.  "Entertainment" in "sports" at night.  Uh huh....

• Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Was that Larissa from 90 day Fiancé in today’s case about the woman accusing her ex of kicking her over parking?  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

So that's who the defendant reminded me of!      Just from commercials too, I've never watched that show.    Ms. Reyes only has one kid under 18, so my guess when the 16 year old has that 18th birthday, she'll get her eviction papers along with the cake.     I guess it was cheaper than paying child support for 4 kids, and soon that won't be an issue.      I'm glad the plaintiff was awarded $5k.

My guess is the kids were removed temporarily when the original dust up happened in 2011, 2012 time frame.     I'm also glad JJ didn't let the woman talk about whatever else she was hinting about to slam the ex.     

I love Jose, the man she blocked out of the driveway, who had to haul all of his stuff from much further away.   And when she said Jose told her she could wait for him to move, I started laughing.     I don't know Jose, but I really like him.  

I really wonder where she works, starting at 5 p.m., and in 'sports entertainment'?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

42 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really wonder where she works, starting at 5 p.m., and in 'sports entertainment'

She’s been there for many years and worked her way up to $14.50 per hour so they must be a generous upstanding organization and she’s  clearly excellent at what she does. Btw, there’s all kinds of stupid. One kind is having the man who lets you live rent free for a decade arrested. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 2

46 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Btw, there’s all kinds of stupid. One kind is having the man who lets you live rent free for a decade arrested. 

Boy, isn't that the truth!!

I liked today's cell phone (!) case, in that while the plaintiff's didn't exactly have proof for the dollar amount they asked for, JJ awarded it anyway.  It was reasonable, and the def was such a doofus.  I did think that those two 20-year olds looked a lot older than 20. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Boy, isn't that the truth!!

I liked today's cell phone (!) case, in that while the plaintiff's didn't exactly have proof for the dollar amount they asked for, JJ awarded it anyway.  It was reasonable, and the def was such a doofus.  I did think that those two 20-year olds looked a lot older than 20. 

Loved that case too. And shame on me for prejudging the blue haired plaintiff as a wing nut. She was lovely. Truthful. Concise. Absent of drama or embellishment. She had a burden showing the value of those phones. How can anyone decipher the cost of a phone that was purchased through your carrier and made part of your plan? Same as the pics of the Staples water damage box. JJ found her so credible that she actually took her word for the value of the phones and gave the plaintiff exactly what she requested. She had her shit together and earned my respect. Unlike the defendant who considers himself fabulously charming instead of slimy and stupid.    

• Like 15

Couldn't stand silly babies and YEET. That def is twelve years old and looks at least 18. Her mother is an idiot. Boring.

Stupid little candy-assed nu-male ruining the 800$ phones of the plaintiffs (800$? Wow) - boring and dreary.

25 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I did think that those two 20-year olds looked a lot older than 20. 

They were 20??!! Gee.

But! Marybel Reyes, with her flowin, jet-black dyed locks, dressed in a tight red dress displaying her enhanced bosom (or else she had a steel-reinforced bra) and various bulges and looking like a cocktail hostess on an oil barge was another matter. She's terribly fertile, squirting out EIGHT kids with men who don't and didn't want to marry her. You'd think at her age she'd heard of birth control somewhere along the line, maybe after the 4th or 5th kid? "He kicked me!" - as if he'd have the gumption to face off against that beast.  All this would be highly amusing if not for this gaggle of unfortunate kids who get taken away and stuck in foster care. Plaintiff shares equal blame, since he just loved banging that slag and didn't care if she got knocked up every time they bumped uglies. Ew. The whole thing was so sordid. Go pay your own rent and just count yourself lucky that any man on the planet would be willing to support you. Eight kids!

I really wanted to hear from Jose. He looked like he had something good to say.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 4

5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

"He kicked me!" - as if he'd have the gumption to face off against that beast.

Ms. Marybel tried to convince JJ that the defendant forced her to leave the house, and Her Honor said, "Please. No one could ever force you to do anything. I've known you five minutes, and I can see that clearly."

• Like 6
  • Laugh 6

7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Marybel Reyes, with her flowin, jet-black dyed locks, dressed in a tight red dress displaying her enhanced bosom (or else she had a steel-reinforced bra) and various bulges and looking like a cocktail hostess on an oil barge was another matter. She's terribly fertile, squirting out EIGHT kids with men who don't and didn't want to marry her.

Damn, I was hoping one of you eagle eyed peeples would have been able to read her lips when she said where she worked. I was thinking she was the stand-in for Octomom in one of those Lifetime movies. And were any of you wondering what she was "studying" while sitting in her car in Jose's driveway? Probable her Instagram page (alas I do not have eight chillun nor do I live in my random baby daddy's house but I have been known to look at my Instagram while sitting in my driveway - but I don't have a Jose to annoy). 

And because I'm cool like dat, I did a little investigation for y'all. Apparently "yeet" is something people yell when something is cool, but the vine the girls were talking about was when one girl handed another girl a soda. Second girl yelled "YEET" and pitched the soda overhead softball-style down the hallway at school. So my guess is that the Defendant "yeeted" and threw the laptop really hard which in turn broke the heck outta it. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 3

28 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Loved that case too. And shame on me for prejudging the blue haired plaintiff as a wing nut.

Same here. It's reassuring that first impressions can sometimes be proven wrong.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I guess it was cheaper than paying child support for 4 kids, and soon that won't be an issue. 

I am sure that however disagreeable it may be to have her live on his property, she would be even worse if he had insisted on her paying rent or going through a never-ending court battle over a support judgment (because you know there would never be a ruling that she would be satisfied with).

She really was all kinds of loathsome and I am sure that plaintiff cannot wait for the moment he can evict her; I hope for him that she cannot invoke squatter's rights. She may go after the house though just out of spite, considering she kept calling it "my house", even though she never made a mortgage payment and it is not in her name.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Couldn't stand silly babies and YEET. That def is twelve years old and looks at least 18. Her mother is an idiot. Boring.

What I loved about the defendant mom is that she tried to use the school's alleged (since she didn't bring any documentation to prove it) warning that students bring laptops onto school property at their own risk to her own advantage. Lady, that policy protects the school from liability, not the parents of dumbass teenagers when they decide to do dumbass things to other people's property.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

28 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Lady, that policy protects the school from liability, not the parents of dumbass teenagers when they decide to do dumbass things to other people's property.

It's like these idiots who smash someone's car with a shopping cart in a parking lot and say the store is responsible!

35 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

I am sure that however disagreeable it may be to have her live on his property, she would be even worse if he had insisted on her paying rent or going through a never-ending court battle over a support judgment

Agree that letting her live there rent-free is cheaper than paying child support for the four kids he decided to have with her.  Seeing middle-aged people who are so thoughtless and irresponsible is pretty damned depressing. Go have some more kids, Marybel!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Hopefully Marybel's uterus fell out a long time ago. I'd hate to think the Byrd's taxes would have to support any more of her children.

When she said sport entertainment, I figured it was an euphemism for strip bar.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

She seems a little long in the tooth for that, but she certainly didn't offer any other clues that would make us think differently.  Perhaps she's in the massage industry.  One of those national 'chains' that may not want to be associated with her. 

"Yeet." 

I think that whole nonsense knocked a year or two off my life.  Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Gotta love JJ for living in her own world, having never heard of rice absorbing (allegedly, maybe works sometimes) moisture from electronics. 

Gotta run, my pager is buzzing !  😉 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So that's who the defendant reminded me of!      Just from commercials too, I've never watched that show.    Ms. Reyes only has one kid under 18, so my guess when the 16 year old has that 18th birthday, she'll get her eviction papers along with the cake.     I guess it was cheaper than paying child support for 4 kids, and soon that won't be an issue.      I'm glad the plaintiff was awarded $5k.

I love Jose, the man she blocked out of the driveway, who had to haul all of his stuff from much further away.   And when she said Jose told her she could wait for him to move, I started laughing.     I don't know Jose, but I really like him.  

I really wonder where she works, starting at 5 p.m., and in 'sports entertainment'.    

I loved that she called the cops on him in 2010 and 2011 but not in 2012(?) when he did the absolute, most worst, awful thing to her. 

They both lost custody of the kids for a period of time.. looks like he at least cleaned up his  act.

• Like 3

Interesting in the Yeet, PC case was the moment when Byrd stood up to JJ when she clearly got an important fact wrong, later proven on the audio replay. And why the hell do you yell at a 14 year old girl who’s telling the truth and only guilty of doing something foolish but absent of malice? Props to the defendant girl for holding her mud while Judge Crabby needlessly barked at her. The hallterview remarks of both girls were refreshingly sweet and made me smile. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

And because I'm cool like dat, I did a little investigation for y'all. Apparently "yeet" is something people yell when something is cool, but the vine the girls were talking about was when one girl handed another girl a soda. Second girl yelled "YEET" and pitched the soda overhead softball-style down the hallway at school. So my guess is that the Defendant "yeeted" and threw the laptop really hard which in turn broke the heck outta it. 

Behold the Yeet:

My son was cracking up at JJ from the next room. He knew exactly what video they were talking about.

Edited by Mrs Shibbles
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

The quote-y function isn't working right now.  😢

Crazy mom of 8 also reminded me of Larissa from 90 DF, and she's just as BSC.  Can't stand Larissa, can't stand crazy mom of 8.  She (and Larissa) give legit Domestic Abuse victims a bad name and make things worse for all involved.  No one kicked her.  It sounds like the mortgage and whatnot is easily covered by tenant Jose, so it's probably just easier to let BSC Octomom live there rent-free than have to constantly deal with her dragging him to court for stuff.  Plus, he at least knows where his kids are, and can keep an eye on them.  I hope he boots her butt out when the last kid leaves.  I too think she works as the hot buffet bar attendant at some strip club, or maybe as a cashier if there's a "novelty shop" attached.  How do I know about something like that?......uh....a friend told me....yeah.....

The whole "YEET" thing baffles me, but I'm not a stupid teenager, and when I was, stuff like that didn't exist.  I didn't think Vine existed anymore.  That was a thing where you shared videos no longer than 6 seconds, which I never understood either.  After watching the video someone shared, I'm still baffled.  I don't think I would have found that funny at any point in my life, but to each their own, I guess.  My feeling is the girl who tossed the backpack had no idea the laptop was in it, and just committed a stupid lapse in judgement, egged on by peer pressure.  I was a little annoyed by her laughing about the incident - my mom would not have had any of that.

The cell phone people were calm and collected, and reasonable.  They only asked for replacement value of the old phones, since there are newer and better models and their cell phone company helped them out in that regard.  I was glad to see JJ was willing to work with them.  I suspect some of it was that she really had her stuff together, and it showed.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

When she said sport entertainment, I figured it was an euphemism for strip bar.

If she's stripping, it must be the saddest strip joint in the world.:( Even so, the patrons would probably be yelling, "Put it on!" Pliaintiff is probably the only person who actually wants to see her naked.

53 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Plus, he at least knows where his kids are, and can keep an eye on them. 

He wasn't keep a very good eye on them, since the young ones - his - went into foster care. Both of them needed to be sterilized many years ago

58 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The cell phone people were calm and collected, and reasonable.  They only asked for replacement value of the old phones,

Yes, a breath of fresh air they were, especially her, teal hair and all. No vandalism, hysterics, fisticuffs or demands $$$ for pain and suffering. She had all the evidence on hand with not a single, "Yes, I have that!  Show it to you? Well, I didn't bring it with me today."

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

If she's stripping, it must be the saddest strip joint in the world.:( Even so, the patrons would probably be yelling, "Put it on!" Pliaintiff is probably the only person who actually wants to see her naked.

He wasn't keep a very good eye on them, since the young ones - his - went into foster care. Both of them needed to be sterilized many years ago

Yes, a breath of fresh air they were, especially her, teal hair and all. No vandalism, hysterics, fisticuffs or demands $$$ for pain and suffering. She had all the evidence on hand with not a single, "Yes, I have that!  Show it to you? Well, I didn't bring it with me today."

I don't think she's stripping.  But I wouldn't be shocked if she worked at a strip club.

I was making dinner during part of  the show, so I missed the part about him losing custody of the kids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I was a little annoyed by her laughing about the incident - my mom would not have had any of that.

I had a sociology class years ago and learned that laughter is a response to stress and/or embarrassment exhibited by certain individuals and also certain cultures. It’s also a characteristic of a psychopath.  Best of luck telling one from the other. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

If she's stripping, it must be the saddest strip joint in the world.

Crazy and overweight is not unusual in a strip club. The saddest strip clubs reveal the cesarean scars and bullet wounds. So I’ve been told. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Shibbles said:

Behold the Yeet:

My son was cracking up at JJ from the next room. He knew exactly what video they were talking about.

What the hell is that girl thinking?  How is this funny?  A FULL CAN of soda hurled into a crowd at Mickey-Mantle-speed! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

What the hell is that girl thinking?  How is this funny?  A FULL CAN of soda hurled into a crowd at Mickey-Mantle-speed! 

The can is empty (per the title of the video).  Still...not cool.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The can is empty (per the title of the video).

I’m not convinced the can would carry like that if it were completely empty. Either way I agree with you. And if I’m struck by that flying can that laughter would stop quickly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The can is empty (per the title of the video).

I’m not convinced the can would carry like that if it were completely empty. Either way I agree with you. And if I’m struck by that flying can that laughter would stop quickly. 

1 minute ago, Byrd is the Word said:

It may have a little bit of liquid in the bottom.  That would be enough to give it some carry.  Hurtling anything in to a crowded hallway isn't funny - it could create some serious injuries in terms of panic, etc.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

She (and Larissa) give legit Domestic Abuse victims a bad name and make things worse for all involved

This so much. I absolutely despise people who abuse the system by getting a protective order, or crying abuse or harassment or discrimination or when it's not legit. Makes it very difficult for actual victims to be deemed credible. 

• Like 7

How did today's case with the Toyota Yaris turn out?  The one where the defendant in the military crashed plaintiff's car?  Couldn't have been too badly damaged if it was driven from Florida to California. 

Either my DVR screwed up or the station did, because it didn't show the end and went right to the case about the saddle.

41 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

How did today's case with the Toyota Yaris turn out?  The one where the defendant in the military crashed plaintiff's car?  Couldn't have been too badly damaged if it was driven from Florida to California. 

Either my DVR screwed up or the station did, because it didn't show the end and went right to the case about the saddle.

Case Dismissed!  Plaintiff and Def. once upon a time got into a kerfuffle, and the plaintiff was arrested and plead guilty to battery, so JJ lectured her about how she should have just taken the car and left.  Def. didn't have any money for car repairs, so he returned the previously returned (by her) engagement ring so she could sell it to pay for repairs.  JJ believed him, and couldn't get rid of the gal fast enough.

Regarding the horse saddle case:  JJ has OFTEN threatened to turn off someone's  mic when they won't shut up.  Oh, if only!!!!  Nervous or not, that woman really needed to be quieted.  And her "witness" - I'm guessing her daughter? Yeah, she was going to be really credible.  Blech.

• Like 5

I had to mute the horrible horse plaintiff after a short time, and eventually just changed the channel.  I can't believe they devoted SO MUCH TIME to this enormously annoying harridan!  Is she JJ's best friend or something?

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

5 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I’m not convinced the can would carry like that if it were completely empty.

Yes, air friction would prevent a can without liquid in it from going that far. Then again, even an empty can hurts if it hits you on the noggin. The Internet does bring out the stupid in many kids.

2 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I had to mute the horrible horse plaintiff after a short time, and eventually just changed the channel.  I can't believe they devoted SO MUCH TIME to this enormously annoying harridan!  Is she JJ's best friend or something?

If they were BFFs, I don't think they remained so after the ruling.

The production team probably thinks that freakilly obsessive horse enthusiasts litigants are of supreme interest to viewers.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

After she lied to JJ, and the Better Business Bureau, she's no one's friend now.      15% restocking fee is actually pretty standard, and many saddle fitters don't take back used saddles, without a huge fee, and some will just resell for you, and charge a handling fee for the sale also.       JJ is going to have Byrd take a riding crop to help the plaintiff leave any second.    The plaintiff is totally in the wrong, and should put the saddle for sale if she doesn't want it.  

The only people that I know about that have saddle trials are custom saddle makers, who have loaners you get for a certain period, and you can buy that one if you like it, or use the measurements, and features on that saddle to place the order for the custom one.   Some saddle makers let you keep the trial model until you get the custom one.  

People who are passionate about a particular sport or hobby are often rather over the top intense.    Horse people can be that way, and I've run into people who are really into dog showing, or other hobbies that are the same.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5