PreviouslyTV

It's Your Law & Order Drinking Game!

I just watched my first Law & Order episode two weeks ago when I was home sick, and I've been watching every episode I can find since. Thanks to the eleventy hundred channels that broadcast this show ad infinitum, the Xfinity series reminder feature, and the lack of anything to watch besides the sports, I've seen all of the above over and over again in the last two weeks. Repetition, thy name is Law & Order.

Case involves incest? Chug and move farther away from your family members.

• Like 3

Jack's voice goes up an octave as he becomes righteously indignant: three long pulls.

Jack employs the eyebrows of justice: two sips and a call to your stylist.

• Like 4

I'd say take a drink every time the opening scene with the dead body ends with a Briscoe wisecrack, but I can't endorse alcohol poisoning.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

@MarkBlankenship, you're trying to kill us, right?

I just want you to have as many opportunities to drink as possible. I'm thoughtful!

Also... these suggestions are spot-on! The Hudson University Rule alone could get you tipsy at least 40% of the time.

• Like 6

Van Buren fixes a witness, suspect, fellow officer, or ADA with a death glare, then says something along the lines of "Don't even try me, little girl": Chug during smackdown

I automatically heard "Don't even try me, little girl" in Epatha's voice.  She rules the smackdowns. 

• Like 6

Witness being interviewed at workplace continues to load truck/stack shelves while answering questions, 1 sip. If interview ends because their boss yells at them to get back to work, double down.

• Like 3

I have mentioned this before: Anytime Adam Schiff growls how Jack/Ben can't possibly win the case and to "Take a deal!" Of course, as with Lennie's wisecracking as I said above, we'd all be dead if we did do that.

It seemed to be the only line poor Steven Hill had with any sort of regularity.

• Like 5

Wait staff remembers key details about the perp even though he/she works in a dark club on Saturday nights or a busy coffee shop during the morning rush...1 sip

• Like 3

When Jamie wears the checkered brown suit. Two sips.

When Rey says something sanctimonious. Two sips.

When you recognize the Ripped from the Headlines story. Three sips :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arcadiasw said:

When Rey says something sanctimonious. Two sips.

Good lord! Are you trying to kill someone?

• Like 6

Future opening-credits cast member appears in a different role: DEEP PULL

Continuity messes up and Kelli Giddish's  hair is wet before she gets in the shower on that CI treasure ship one--1 pull Captain Morgan

Mention of Hudson University, Hellmouth of the East Coast--2 shots tequila

Adam Schiff gnaws grumpily on a sandwich while muttering about the world today and law and GET OFF MY LAWN --3 sips Old Grand-Dad

Edited by Snookums
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Continuity messes up and Kelli Gillis' hair is wet before she gets in the shower on that CI treasure ship one--1 pull Captain Morgan

I think you mixed up Kelly McGillis (Top Gun) with Kelli Giddish - or pulled a hybrid! - but good one, even if it isn't the Mothership. How did no one catch that?

• Like 1

Continuity messes up and Kelli Gillis' hair is wet before she gets in the shower on that CI treasure ship one--1 pull Captain Morgan

I think you mixed up Kelly McGillis (Top Gun) with Kelli Giddish - or pulled a hybrid! - but good one, even if it isn't the Mothership

Fixed it! Talk about continuity errors....

• Like 1

I can't find it anywhere now, but back in the day when my internet was dial-up and I recorded all my shows on videotape, there was a Law & Order drinking game that included the instructions:
If there's sexual tension between Jack & Claire take a drink.
If there's sexual tension between Lennie & Mike, stop drinking you've had enough.

Edited by kalamac · Reason: Because I wrote Lennie with a 'y' instead of an 'ie', and am horribly ashamed at my grievous error.
  • Like 8

18 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

When Claire wears that (in my opinion very lovely) green wool coat: one sip of whiskey for warmth, one sip just for kicks.

Edited by fastiller · Reason: English is my first language. I should know that wheres ≠ wears!
  • Like 1

Well, at least we finally know how to pronounce that infamous L&O sound effect: DRUNK DRUNK! Or maybe it's the sound of millions of fans hitting the floor simultaneously as they pass out.

• Like 6

Van Buren fixes a witness, suspect, fellow officer, or ADA with a death glare, then says something along the lines of "Don't even try me, little girl": Chug during smackdown

I automatically heard "Don't even try me, little girl" in Epatha's voice.  She rules the smackdowns. 

I heard that in Epatha's voice, too! Van Buren forever.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

A shot everytime Mike mentions his mother.

On that note, a shot everytime Lennie mentions his ex wives. 

• Like 3

You guys! These additions to the game are truly inspired. Next round's on me!

My brother-in-law also had a great one: Any time one detective gets a phone call in the middle of a witness interview, then comes back to tell his partner they have to leave right away to follow a new lead, take a shot.

• Like 4

Every time Jack hears a 'guilty' verdict and gives an emphatic nod of the head and determined purse of the lips - shots of tequila until unconsciousness.

• Like 2

A shot when Serena says remand. Pray there isn't a Serena marathon on. 

Two sips when Arthur makes a southern or country reference. 

A shot when Lennie is eating free food from a witness. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

Lol! I'm trying to help us through a Rey episode. :)

The jury has seen season 6. I'm willing to bet they'll find our evidence of intent sufficiently convincing. But you didn't add a sip whenever a witness or suspect hits on Rey so I'm willing to let you plead to Criminally Negligent Homicide and serve the minimum. This offer expires in exactly one minute. After that you take your chances with the jury. And they've seen season 7 too..

• Like 2

When Claire wheres that (in my opinion very lovely) green wool coat: one sip of whiskey for warmth, one sip just for kicks.

When Borgia wears a giant furry hat that makes her look like she just hopped out of horse drawn sledge driven by a huge, mustachioed, shirtless Cossack: 1 belt vodka.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

The jury has seen season 6. I'm willing to bet they'll find our evidence of intent sufficiently convincing. But you didn't add a sip whenever a witness or suspect hits on Rey so I'm willing to let you plead to Criminally Negligent Homicide and serve the minimum. This offer expires in exactly one minute. After that you take your chances with the jury. And they've seen season 7 too..

I take the offer. Lol. You forgot to add when taking a sip when a witness or suspect hits on Rey, roll your eyes. :)

But you didn't add a sip whenever a witness or suspect hits on Rey

Whenever car salesmen/boutique owners assume Rey and Lennie are a couple--1 appletini.

• Like 3

Every time Jack hears a "Guilty" verdict and whips around in his seat to give the defense table his "Suck on that!" stare, down a shot of Jack Daniel's.

• Like 7

Every time a crime takes place in the Barrington, or a witness or suspect stays at or works there, one overpriced drink of your choice from the mini bar.

Edited by wknt3
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, helent said:

Witness being interviewed at workplace continues to load truck/stack shelves while answering questions, 1 sip. If interview ends because their boss yells at them to get back to work, double down.

Additional sip if the witness is an ex-con who doesn't want his boss to know he is talking to the cops.

A gulp if they offer to take him/her downtown instead. 

4 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

When Arthur makes a country reference or uses some ridiculous, folksy saying, I vote for a shot of moonshine.  This ain't no time fer yer fancy sippin' whiskey!

• Like 9

Every time the detectives interview weallthy witnesses or suspects in their glorious brownstones or sky-high apartments with floor to ceiling windows overlooking all Manhattan, provoking a jolt of real estate envy: one shot of Midori.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I always pray there isn't a Serena marathon on. But that's for other reasons.

I would change it to taking a shot of somebody else's drink every time Lennie gets free food. :-)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Snookums said:

When Borgia wears a giant furry hat that makes her look like she just hopped out of horse drawn sledge driven by a huge, mustachioed, shirtless Cossack: 1 belt vodka.

Whenever Abby wears a double breasted suit.  She wore a lot of them.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Drink a glass of white wine every time Rodgers changes her hairstyle.

Ha! I just watched one of the later episodes (with Lupo/Anthony Anderson), and she's wearing a long, blond bob. Very cute, but it threw me for a minute. I'd just finishing watching an episode with short, red hair.

Do a jello shot every time a defendant stands up and yells, "I'll take my chances with the jury!" in response to Jack's plea offer. 

• Like 5

Take a sip whenever you notice a guest star in a different role. Additional sips for each extra role you notice them in.

Olivet! Sip of something classy

Skoda! Sip of something bitter

Profaci! Sip of Natty Light

Medical Examiner Rogers! Puff of a Virginia Slim

Shambala Green! Sip of something strong and spicy.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Snookums said:

Didn't Abbie wear a furry hat sometimes, too? When I saw Borgia's hat, I thought it was the same as Abbie's.

• Like 1