Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

Im happy with any flowers, even basic red roses!

It is odd to me he had them delivered to the house ( unless he is traveling?). It would be far cheaper to go to the florist/grocery store and pick some up.

Also weird he had them delivered on the day before....

• Like 10

8 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

Have we heard anything about how second semester is going in law school?  No pictures have been posted of Derick in class, Jill bringing picnic lunches, Derick in the library, or Becky in the third row:)  It's been REALLY quiet.

And when the Duggars go quiet, it means something's up. I doubt that he flunked out or officially quit. If that was the case, somebody would have unearthed it by now. But it's possible that he's simply grown bored with law school. The novelty has worn off, it isn't fun any more, and he's just going through the motions until he can figure out what the next move will be. He probably thinks that if he and Jill don't talk about law school and pretend it never happened, people will stop asking about it and embrace him again when he announces what the Lord has called him to do next.

That tactic worked for them in the past. When they returned from Danger America, they pretended at first that they eventually going back (and solicited donations for their ministry), but then they just went silent and after a while everyone just seemed to stop asking about it. Then, Derick unveiled his big plan to attend law school and they were off to the races again.

• Like 15

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Geezus, spend five bucks and have them delivered on the proper day. It would have been a compliment to whatever "date night" they'll be overpaying for tomorrow. 

Domino's in the front seat of the car? Maybe Derrick will remember to play their engagement song on the radio.

I bought my MIL (she lives in a nursing home) gorgeous yellow roses from Target, for $19.99.

My local grocery store sell roses for $1/each on Valentines Day, and yeah, he's not busy. Derrick is a Duggar now - didn't they celebrate two days early? For some reason? He must feel like he's running late.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Im happy with any flowers, even basic red roses!

It is odd to me he had them delivered to the house ( unless he is traveling?). It would be far cheaper to go to the florist/grocery store and pick some up.

Also weird he had them delivered on the day before....

Yeah, but he had set up this elaborate thing. He wrote a mushy love note and hid it in the living room, and then wrote a card to be delivered with the flowers that told her where to look for the love note. So the delivery was critical to the plan.

Nicely timed, a day in advance, for Jill to IG it on Valentine's Day. A nice change from beige food and beige clothes. 

• Like 2

I just saw a Cambells cream of chicken soup commercials and all the recipes they showed looked so much better than anything Jill has posted.    She could try a little harder 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

37 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I just saw a Cambells cream of chicken soup commercials and all the recipes they showed looked so much better than anything Jill has posted.    She could try a little harder 

It’s not the COM soup (which coincidentally is the same color as that wretched tunic) that makes Jill’s food unappealing.  It’s the fact that she doesn’t appear to be a very good cook.  Seasoning, fresh ingredients and variety are foreign concepts to her. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, McManda said:

Why is there a smiley face in the middle of Derick's note? 

Also, blah. I'd be vaugely disappointed if my (currently nonexistent) husband got me red roses for Valentine's. I'd appreciate the flowers, but what a totally expected, basic gesture. (And I'm as basic add they come. Pumpkin spice and leggings all the way.) At least put some imagination into it, though maybe Jill looooves red roses. 

I'm not that into flowers and my husband knows that. I like them but then I have to find a vase and then I will need to worry that our kitten will try to eat them (and he will). We are going out for dinner this weekend. That is gift enough for me. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, McManda said:

At least put some imagination into it, though maybe Jill looooves red roses.

Considering that Jill herself lacks imagination and also considering who she is married to, methinks the bar is set pretty low and she takes what she can get. #besthubbyever #nootherchoice

• Like 10

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm not that into flowers and my husband knows that. I like them but then I have to find a vase and then I will need to worry that our kitten will try to eat them (and he will). We are going out for dinner this weekend. That is gift enough for me. 

I like flowers but like you my cat eats them so they have to stay outside on our porch.  I got a gorgeous bouquet of tulips for my bday and it was such a shame they had to stay outside.  I am cool with whatever my husband does in regards to holidays like this.  It is the thought so I can't bring myself to be picky or think he did less than.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I like flowers but like you my cat eats them so they have to stay outside on our porch.  I got a gorgeous bouquet of tulips for my bday and it was such a shame they had to stay outside.  I am cool with whatever my husband does in regards to holidays like this.  It is the thought so I can't bring myself to be picky or think he did less than.

If my put my flowers out side they would die. Northern Illinois is not friendly this time of year. 

• Like 3

Just now, libgirl2 said:

If my put my flowers out side they would die. Northern Illinois is not friendly this time of year. 

Of course!  I got my tulips in September and even here in CA, flowers outside wouldn't last right now.  We have been having frost the mornings it isn't raining and the wind would total them.  

• Like 1

My husband did do something nice last night. I normally do not cook on Wednesday, he has his one day a week lunch out at work. I have been sick with diverticulitis issues and came home with no appetite and some nausea. Suddenly, I was craving Chicken McNuggets (oddly, my new go to food when I feel sick). He got home and I asked if he could please go get me some. He went out, after working all day, coming home on the train..... for me that means more than flowers or candy. 

I am getting a card today but he had to hide it because our cat wanted to eat it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 18

Because my birthday and our anniversary are both in January, we typically don't even bother to acknowledge Valentine's day when it rolls around. Sometimes Mr. Jyn will get me a card, and once in a while I might get him one, but cards are so overpriced and lame these days that it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll make a nice dinner (something I accidentally invented years ago when I was trying to think of a veal dish I'd heard of, and the descriptions for Veal Piccata and Veal Saltimbocca were both kind of floating around my brain so I ended up making a sort of hybrid - but everyone loved it). And there will be wine. Who needs anything fancier?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Because my birthday and our anniversary are both in January, we typically don't even bother to acknowledge Valentine's day when it rolls around. Sometimes Mr. Jyn will get me a card, and once in a while I might get him one, but cards are so overpriced and lame these days that it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll make a nice dinner (something I accidentally invented years ago when I was trying to think of a veal dish I'd heard of, and the descriptions for Veal Piccata and Veal Saltimbocca were both kind of floating around my brain so I ended up making a sort of hybrid - but everyone loved it). And there will be wine. Who needs anything fancier?

Same (kind of)- my birthday is in late January and both my hubby's birthday and our wedding anniversary are in March, so Valentine's Day isn't such a big deal in the traditional sense.  Also, Valentine's Day also usually falls during Carnival season & we're from New Orleans (and live in south Louisiana) and I'd rather spend my time, energy, money, etc doing Mardi Gras related things (and partying) than the roses, dinners out, etc. But partying during carnival season > sanctioned "romance" on February 14th, in my opinion. 

I came here just to see what #besthubbyever did for Jill's Valentine's Day.  I honestly expected like a silk rose form the gas station with Jill fawning over #besthubbyever, so hey....I'm kind of surprised.  Derick could do almost anything today and get a #besthubbyever.

Also, I wish someone would tell him (and Ben, Jeremy, and all of these Fundies who want to ebil convert Catholics to their own brand of "Christianity") about St. Valentine's Day being a Catholic holiday that was largely influenced by a pagan feast in ancient Rome.  Maybe they should not to get to have the fun of partaking in these celebrations like Valentine's Day or wearing green on St. Patrick's Day, etc since they come from "the great whore" of a church that they feel compelled to save people from and all (and from earlier pagan celebrations).  Also, I'd love to see Derick & Jill google Luprecalia and be shocked and defrauded by what the Romans did at that celebration. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick retweeted this:

D5BA2C0E-859B-4920-96AD-49C902720E94.jpeg

And if you're Derick you devise a plan, then another one when that one doesn't feel good and then another one and then another one ...

Derick has one foot in childhood and one foot in adulthood.

• Like 18
  • Laugh 4

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick retweeted this:

D5BA2C0E-859B-4920-96AD-49C902720E94.jpeg

Derick, sweetie pie, honey bunch, you've had 3 "plans" in the past two years (Super missionary! Whatever that $10,000 church certificate was and law school). Methinks you need to put down the Ramsey and check out what your good buddy Jesus has to say about hypocrites.  

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 5

I guess PAPA is done with law school. No more posts of him in the library or class . Or dinner in cafeteria on campus. 

What is PAPAS new goal in life? 

Jill is awfully quiet.

• Like 4

I think he’s still in #lawschoollll but didn’t do very well last semester so actually has to study and focus and can’t have Jilly tagging along as much. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 8

I guess Cathy didn’t buy snow gloves or mittens yet. January, Israel’s first snowman. Screenshot from video taken from inside by Jill. (She keeps wiping the window with her hand, making the video crappy looking)

03FD1CF0-9849-4A57-A60D-62DC7E95FAAA.jpeg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I guess Cathy didn’t buy snow gloves or mittens yet. January, Israel’s first snowman. Screenshot from video taken from inside by Jill. (She keeps wiping the window with her hand, making the video crappy looking)

03FD1CF0-9849-4A57-A60D-62DC7E95FAAA.jpeg

Good grief!!  I would think since they are in a climate that warrants a winter coat, someone would think the kids may need gloves also.  Luckily he has a hood but a wool hat would have been nice too. 

Socks would have been a better warmer choice but maybe he has them on underneath the plastic bags.

• Like 2

If we talk enough about Derick in law school, either he or Jill will be compelled to respond.

I suspect he's still there, but thinking about escape. Law school, like a full-time accounting job at Wal-Mart, is hard work. Now that he's married into TV royalty, I think Dereck feels the concept of labor is beneath him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If we talk enough about Derick in law school, either he or Jill will be compelled to respond.

I suspect he's still there, but thinking about escape. Law school, like a full-time accounting job at Wal-Mart, is hard work. Now that he's married into TV royalty, I think Dereck feels the concept of labor is beneath him. 

I suspect Derelict always felt the concept of work was beneath him, even before he married fundie royalty. Nepal was just a way to put off having to do anything. Walmart was something he was compelled to do, at Mommy's urging, and he left at the first opportunity. Now he's just drifting. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I suspect Derelict always felt the concept of work was beneath him, even before he married fundie royalty. Nepal was just a way to put off having to do anything. Walmart was something he was compelled to do, at Mommy's urging, and he left at the first opportunity. Now he's just drifting. 

Don't Calvinists value hard work as a way to gain God's blessings and fortune? I'm assuming judgmental Derick has Calvinist leanings, certainly as a critic of other people if not of himself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Don't Calvinists value hard work as a way to gain God's blessings and fortune? I'm assuming judgmental Derick has Calvinist leanings, certainly as a critic of other people if not of himself. 

Do as they say, not as they do. The fundie way. 

• Like 4

I'm thinking #besthubbyevah is still in law school and is just sick of his idiot wife following him everywhere with a camera and trying to sit in his lap while he studies. For once, I can't blame the guy.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I still think law school was mommy's urging too. I'm thinking after Derick didn't get hired by Cross Church, she told him he had to get serious, and I'm thinking law school seemed like the best way to save face. It sounds prestigious, and what else is he qualified to do that sounds prestigious? Plenty of parents pay for their children's grad school, and Cathy likely could afford it. I could see her saying she'd pay for law school and help with other expenses if he would just commit to it, and he realized he had zero other realistic options...but is unhappy about the whole situation. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I still think law school was mommy's urging too. I'm thinking after Derick didn't get hired by Cross Church, she told him he had to get serious, and I'm thinking law school seemed like the best way to save face. It sounds prestigious, and what else is he qualified to do that sounds prestigious? Plenty of parents pay for their children's grad school, and Cathy likely could afford it. I could see her saying she'd pay for law school and help with other expenses if he would just commit to it, and he realized he had zero other realistic options...but is unhappy about the whole situation. 

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. I think Cathy has been happy and supportive in Derick's goals of being a missionary. Religion seems to be very important to Cathy and she doesn't seem to act as if prestige is important. Walmart may pay well at the corporate level, but I'm doubting it pays enough for Cathy to have that kind expendable cash laying around, especially after cancer treatment and nearing retirement age.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't think Derick is Calvinist, at least not to the degree that Jeremy and Ben seem to be. I think Derick is more Southern Baptist. We've never seen Derick (or Jill) at any of the things that Jeremy and/or Ben attended, even when he was at Cross Church.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I still think law school was mommy's urging too.

Is Cathy really that controlling and/or influential on Derralick?  I'm sure she'd rather have him around near her than in scary Nepal or Central America, but she's delusional if she thinks he can actually make it as a lawyer.  Honestly, IMO, I think Derralick would be the most successful as a preacher out of the three of them, (him, holy goallie and Bin)   He's obviously Batsh!t crazy, but he at least can keep up with an argument.  HG is all about the looks and supposed prestige, Bin is just clueless.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 7:03 AM, BetyBee said:

I look at that shirt and all I can think is "But, I don't want to be a pirate!"  Of course Duggars do enjoy pirate play, so maybe she is just belatedly joining in on the pirate "fun" that Derick and Izzy were having.  

Wait until these nitwits find out that the term "pirate" is no longer PC......it's "Privateer" now. I'm serious.

Jiily's week-old-mushroom colored blouse is one size too big and those are seatbelt wrinkles. At least we can't see her waist-length Warren Jeff's cult hair.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heathen said:

Drifting and grifting