Jump to content
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

Recommended Posts

Im happy with any flowers, even basic red roses!

It is odd to me he had them delivered to the house ( unless he is traveling?). It would be far cheaper to go to the florist/grocery store and pick some up.

Also weird he had them delivered on the day before....

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

Have we heard anything about how second semester is going in law school?  No pictures have been posted of Derick in class, Jill bringing picnic lunches, Derick in the library, or Becky in the third row:)  It's been REALLY quiet.

And when the Duggars go quiet, it means something's up. I doubt that he flunked out or officially quit. If that was the case, somebody would have unearthed it by now. But it's possible that he's simply grown bored with law school. The novelty has worn off, it isn't fun any more, and he's just going through the motions until he can figure out what the next move will be. He probably thinks that if he and Jill don't talk about law school and pretend it never happened, people will stop asking about it and embrace him again when he announces what the Lord has called him to do next.

That tactic worked for them in the past. When they returned from Danger America, they pretended at first that they eventually going back (and solicited donations for their ministry), but then they just went silent and after a while everyone just seemed to stop asking about it. Then, Derick unveiled his big plan to attend law school and they were off to the races again.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Geezus, spend five bucks and have them delivered on the proper day. It would have been a compliment to whatever "date night" they'll be overpaying for tomorrow. 

Domino's in the front seat of the car? Maybe Derrick will remember to play their engagement song on the radio.

Quote

I bought my MIL (she lives in a nursing home) gorgeous yellow roses from Target, for $19.99.

My local grocery store sell roses for $1/each on Valentines Day, and yeah, he's not busy. Derrick is a Duggar now - didn't they celebrate two days early? For some reason? He must feel like he's running late.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Im happy with any flowers, even basic red roses!

It is odd to me he had them delivered to the house ( unless he is traveling?). It would be far cheaper to go to the florist/grocery store and pick some up.

Also weird he had them delivered on the day before....

Yeah, but he had set up this elaborate thing. He wrote a mushy love note and hid it in the living room, and then wrote a card to be delivered with the flowers that told her where to look for the love note. So the delivery was critical to the plan.

Nicely timed, a day in advance, for Jill to IG it on Valentine's Day. A nice change from beige food and beige clothes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw a Cambells cream of chicken soup commercials and all the recipes they showed looked so much better than anything Jill has posted.    She could try a little harder 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I just saw a Cambells cream of chicken soup commercials and all the recipes they showed looked so much better than anything Jill has posted.    She could try a little harder 

It’s not the COM soup (which coincidentally is the same color as that wretched tunic) that makes Jill’s food unappealing.  It’s the fact that she doesn’t appear to be a very good cook.  Seasoning, fresh ingredients and variety are foreign concepts to her. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, McManda said:

Why is there a smiley face in the middle of Derick's note? 

Also, blah. I'd be vaugely disappointed if my (currently nonexistent) husband got me red roses for Valentine's. I'd appreciate the flowers, but what a totally expected, basic gesture. (And I'm as basic add they come. Pumpkin spice and leggings all the way.) At least put some imagination into it, though maybe Jill looooves red roses. 

I'm not that into flowers and my husband knows that. I like them but then I have to find a vase and then I will need to worry that our kitten will try to eat them (and he will). We are going out for dinner this weekend. That is gift enough for me. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, McManda said:

At least put some imagination into it, though maybe Jill looooves red roses.

Considering that Jill herself lacks imagination and also considering who she is married to, methinks the bar is set pretty low and she takes what she can get. #besthubbyever #nootherchoice

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm not that into flowers and my husband knows that. I like them but then I have to find a vase and then I will need to worry that our kitten will try to eat them (and he will). We are going out for dinner this weekend. That is gift enough for me. 

I like flowers but like you my cat eats them so they have to stay outside on our porch.  I got a gorgeous bouquet of tulips for my bday and it was such a shame they had to stay outside.  I am cool with whatever my husband does in regards to holidays like this.  It is the thought so I can't bring myself to be picky or think he did less than.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I like flowers but like you my cat eats them so they have to stay outside on our porch.  I got a gorgeous bouquet of tulips for my bday and it was such a shame they had to stay outside.  I am cool with whatever my husband does in regards to holidays like this.  It is the thought so I can't bring myself to be picky or think he did less than.

If my put my flowers out side they would die. Northern Illinois is not friendly this time of year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, libgirl2 said:

If my put my flowers out side they would die. Northern Illinois is not friendly this time of year. 

Of course!  I got my tulips in September and even here in CA, flowers outside wouldn't last right now.  We have been having frost the mornings it isn't raining and the wind would total them.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

My husband did do something nice last night. I normally do not cook on Wednesday, he has his one day a week lunch out at work. I have been sick with diverticulitis issues and came home with no appetite and some nausea. Suddenly, I was craving Chicken McNuggets (oddly, my new go to food when I feel sick). He got home and I asked if he could please go get me some. He went out, after working all day, coming home on the train..... for me that means more than flowers or candy. 

I am getting a card today but he had to hide it because our cat wanted to eat it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Because my birthday and our anniversary are both in January, we typically don't even bother to acknowledge Valentine's day when it rolls around. Sometimes Mr. Jyn will get me a card, and once in a while I might get him one, but cards are so overpriced and lame these days that it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll make a nice dinner (something I accidentally invented years ago when I was trying to think of a veal dish I'd heard of, and the descriptions for Veal Piccata and Veal Saltimbocca were both kind of floating around my brain so I ended up making a sort of hybrid - but everyone loved it). And there will be wine. Who needs anything fancier?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Because my birthday and our anniversary are both in January, we typically don't even bother to acknowledge Valentine's day when it rolls around. Sometimes Mr. Jyn will get me a card, and once in a while I might get him one, but cards are so overpriced and lame these days that it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll make a nice dinner (something I accidentally invented years ago when I was trying to think of a veal dish I'd heard of, and the descriptions for Veal Piccata and Veal Saltimbocca were both kind of floating around my brain so I ended up making a sort of hybrid - but everyone loved it). And there will be wine. Who needs anything fancier?

Same (kind of)- my birthday is in late January and both my hubby's birthday and our wedding anniversary are in March, so Valentine's Day isn't such a big deal in the traditional sense.  Also, Valentine's Day also usually falls during Carnival season & we're from New Orleans (and live in south Louisiana) and I'd rather spend my time, energy, money, etc doing Mardi Gras related things (and partying) than the roses, dinners out, etc. But partying during carnival season > sanctioned "romance" on February 14th, in my opinion. 

I came here just to see what #besthubbyever did for Jill's Valentine's Day.  I honestly expected like a silk rose form the gas station with Jill fawning over #besthubbyever, so hey....I'm kind of surprised.  Derick could do almost anything today and get a #besthubbyever.

Also, I wish someone would tell him (and Ben, Jeremy, and all of these Fundies who want to ebil convert Catholics to their own brand of "Christianity") about St. Valentine's Day being a Catholic holiday that was largely influenced by a pagan feast in ancient Rome.  Maybe they should not to get to have the fun of partaking in these celebrations like Valentine's Day or wearing green on St. Patrick's Day, etc since they come from "the great whore" of a church that they feel compelled to save people from and all (and from earlier pagan celebrations).  Also, I'd love to see Derick & Jill google Luprecalia and be shocked and defrauded by what the Romans did at that celebration. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick retweeted this:

D5BA2C0E-859B-4920-96AD-49C902720E94.jpeg

And if you're Derick you devise a plan, then another one when that one doesn't feel good and then another one and then another one ...

Derick has one foot in childhood and one foot in adulthood.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick retweeted this:

D5BA2C0E-859B-4920-96AD-49C902720E94.jpeg

Derick, sweetie pie, honey bunch, you've had 3 "plans" in the past two years (Super missionary! Whatever that $10,000 church certificate was and law school). Methinks you need to put down the Ramsey and check out what your good buddy Jesus has to say about hypocrites.  

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×