Jump to content
Chris Knight

The Seewalds: Benessa and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Name... & Henry

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Thrive Market must have got tons of negative feedback for them to do this. 

Guess a lot of organic-food-loving liberals decided to complain about having the Duggar homophobia and misogyny become a face of the brand. 

Now of course there are the predictable complaints about what bigotry Thrive Market has shown by doing this.

Since they had no choice but to choose one side or the other, though, I expect they totted up the revenue and figured more of the cash was on the liberal side of their buyer spectrum. 

1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:
Edited by Churchhoney · Reason: because I keep accidentally hitting buttons twice
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

It seems kind of petty. I don't believe in taking away a person's income just because their political or religious beliefs don't align with my own. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, BitterApple said:

It seems kind of petty. I don't believe in taking away a person's income just because their political or religious beliefs don't align with my own. 

They want to take away others’ legal rights. Sorry no pity from me.

Also, aren’t their headships supposed to be doing the “providing?”

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Regardless of your personal beliefs, politics, religion, etc. It's still pretty tenuous to stake making your entire "income" through shilling stuff on social media. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Guess a lot of organic-food-loving liberals decided to complain about having the Duggar homophobia and misogyny become a face of the brand. 

Now of course there are the predictable complaints about what bigotry Thrive Market has shown by doing this.

Since they had no choice but to choose one side or the other, though, I expect they totted up the revenue and figured more of the cash was on the liberal side of their buyer spectrum. 

Conservative church goers also love organic food.  I've been with Blue Apron for many years, even with Thrive Market's short infiltration through their ghastly Whole 30 meals.  It seems to me, that Thrive Market doesn't understand their market and overreacted.

Though......the tone deaf Duggers lose again.  So, there is that.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't ever recall seeing anything food related, posted by Jill, Jessa or Joy, EVER being even remotely related to organic, paleo, pure raw, veggie, vegan or healthy. 

We've seen in their posts every fast-food franchise, every processed, pre-cooked, preservative packed, sodium laden and manufactured canned, frozen and packaged food on the planet.  A few token attempts at fresh food.  But it's NOT their lifestyle to eat that way. 

A few meal photos of semi-healthy sushi will never convince me that any of them consistently shop at Thrive Market.  Maybe a once or twice order, but only for the novelty.  I don't see their "support" as real or an actual investment in their own health. 

That sugar-filled Popsicle that Israel was slurping down tells the whole story.  Even when sick, the kids get pure crap.  And I just can't see how they would afford it.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I don't ever recall seeing anything food related, posted by Jill, Jessa or Joy, EVER being even remotely related to organic, paleo, pure raw, veggie, vegan or healthy. 

We've seen in their posts every fast-food franchise, every processed, pre-cooked, preservative packed, sodium laden and manufactured canned, frozen and packaged food on the planet.  A few token attempts at fresh food.  But it's NOT their lifestyle to eat that way. 

A few meal photos of semi-healthy sushi will never convince me that any of them consistently shop at Thrive Market.  Maybe a once or twice order, but only for the novelty.  I don't see their "support" as real or an actual investment in their own health. 

That sugar-filled Popsicle that Israel was slurping down tells the whole story.  Even when sick, the kids get pure crap.  And I just can't see how they would afford it.  

She has actually posted a few things here and there which were labelled as "vegan" (I think one of her banana breads might have been one). They were all pretty few and far between, though.

So what is the deal with the "thrive" vs "thrive market"? I think I missed something in skimming through. I know my daughter, who is very health conscious. very thrifty, and prone to doing a lot of research has ordered a fair amount of stuff from thrive market in the past 6 months or so. I don't know whether she still does, to be honest, but I know she was quite happy with them at one point.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It seems kind of petty. I don't believe in taking away a person's income just because their political or religious beliefs don't align with my own. 

Not to mention, it just proves their point that they are being persecuted as good, faithful Christians.  At least, in their minds.

Share this post


Link to post

Whether Jill or Jessa or any of them post 2 healthy recipes or 200 healthy recipes, I simply do not believe that their "support" for that vendor is legitimate. 

I think it's a desperate and transparent attempt for them to find ANY vendor that will allow them to shill for them.  The only companies I'd see them as credible to rep would be Krispy Kreme and Chick-Fil-A.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So what is the deal with the "thrive" vs "thrive market"? I think I missed something in skimming through. I know my daughter, who is very health conscious. very thrifty, and prone to doing a lot of research has ordered a fair amount of stuff from thrive market in the past 6 months or so. I don't know whether she still does, to be honest, but I know she was quite happy with them at one point.

I don't think the two companies are related. But I earlier wrote just Thrive in my post (instead of Thrive Market), and so there's been a little bit of confusion as to which company the Duggars are shilling for. It's Thrive Market they're advertising.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It seems kind of petty. I don't believe in taking away a person's income just because their political or religious beliefs don't align with my own. 

I'd say that if this were an issue of somebody working for a living at some organization.

But the Duggs weren't working for Thrive Market. They were getting bucks for being an advertising face of the market, sort of fundie spokesmodels, celebrity spokespeople. ..... That's what you're doing when you affiliate market as a celeb. You get cash because your image attracts other people to patronize the company (or nonprofit or whatever). 

Nobody has a right to that kind of a gig.

Any organization has a 100 percent right to offer those only to people whose images sync with the image they need to project of the brand to get customers. If you hire somebody to be your advertising face when that person's image goes against your customers' preferences and values the advertising face is going to hurt your revenues, not help them.

That's a completely different situation from dumping your accountant or the staff chemist because they don't fit the company image. They didn't get hired to BE the image. They got hired to work a job, and if they keep the accounts right and do the chemistry right, they should get to keep the job.

But celeb affiliate marketers got "hired" not to work, but just to exist and throw your logo on their instagram accounts. But the point is that both the company and the celebs are intended get a return on that. If it turns out the company stands to lose on the deal, the deal's off. Simple as that, seems to me. You weren't right for an opportunity, but you weren't deprived of your opportunity to work for a living. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 13
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

...You weren't right for an opportunity, but you weren't deprived of your opportunity to work for a living. 

Well said!

I am experiencing significant cognitive dissonance at the notion that any Duggar intends to work for a living, however.

Edited by jcbrown · Reason: cut off my added bold emphasis
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Well said!

I am experiencing significant cognitive dissonance at the notion that any Duggar intends to work for a living, however.

Especially the women. Never!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Thrive Market must have got tons of negative feedback for them to do this. 

Awesome!  So happy to see this!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

Whether Jill or Jessa or any of them post 2 healthy recipes or 200 healthy recipes, I simply do not believe that their "support" for that vendor is legitimate. 

I think it's a desperate and transparent attempt for them to find ANY vendor that will allow them to shill for them.  The only companies I'd see them as credible to rep would be Krispy Kreme and Chick-Fil-A.  

Maybe home goods or hobby lobby. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×