Jump to content
Chris Knight

The Seewalds: Benessa and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Name... & Henry

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Talky Tina said:

I don't understand what this means. Is he fiery? Or does that mean he's hot?  

Please excuse an old lady who knows nothing about these things. 

Hot as in datable?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

I don't understand what this means. Is he fiery? Or does that mean he's hot?  

Please excuse an old lady who knows nothing about these things. 

The new slang word is "fire", so maybe it means, "Ben looks fire in that pic." My high schoolers says things they like are "fire" frequently.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, McManda said:

I know that people are excited about their new baby but ...

... all sonograms look the same. And by baby #3 it's likely that no one except your family really cares. But thanks for sharing, Jessa.

3rd kid? Not even her family cares. LOL. Especially true for her family where this is like the 156th grandchild.

My family 'only' has 5 kids under 5 between my adult siblings an I. First 2 grandkids got the savings bonds, gifts, presents. Everyone rushed to the hospital to see them. 

Fast forward 2 years. I frequently forget about my 3rd niece completely. My nephew isn't having a 1st birthday party. Only one member of my immediate family brought my (first) child a gift at the hospital, and my sister in law didn't even see her until she was 10 weeks old. Novelty wears off real fast, lol.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, McManda said:

I know that people are excited about their new baby but ...

... all sonograms look the same. And by baby #3 it's likely that no one except your family really cares. But thanks for sharing, Jessa.

Gotta work hard to stay relevant when that's all you got in life, I guess.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

3rd kid? Not even her family cares. LOL. Especially true for her family where this is like the 156th grandchild.

My family 'only' has 5 kids under 5 between my adult siblings an I. First 2 grandkids got the savings bonds, gifts, presents. Everyone rushed to the hospital to see them. 

Fast forward 2 years. I frequently forget about my 3rd niece completely. My nephew isn't having a 1st birthday party. Only one member of my immediate family brought my (first) child a gift at the hospital, and my sister in law didn't even see her until she was 10 weeks old. Novelty wears off real fast, lol.

My kids are the #19 & #20 grandchildren on my side, and #7 & #8 on husband’s side. I am familiar with the phenomenon. ❤️

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Looks like a boy to me!  Hopefully Bin will get that football team he wants!

As long as he doesn’t drag out the tired “zone defense “ quip again!  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, doodlebug said:

You would think that, if adding on to the house was possible, they'd have at the very least, started doing it a long time ago.  Even without the new baby, the boys are growing up and co-sleeping in the same room is not all that practical once the kids are preschoolers.  They also start to need room to play and for toys.  Then again, Jessa is a Duggar and she lived with a passel of brothers and sisters in a tiny little house until TLC built the TTC for them.

Eh, people have been raising kids in apartments smaller than the mold house in NYC forever.  The mold house has 2 bedrooms, no? Boys in one, Jessa, ben and baby bassinet in the other. If they have another boy, they can just get bunkbeds and a single for the other room.  I don't think they "need" a bigger house, especially when they live in a mild climate and can play outside pretty much year round. Kids don't "need" a room full of toys either. My kids had ooodles of toys and in retrospect, a lot of it was wasted money.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, CatS said:

It's totally worth doing order pickup for a big grocery order if you have young kids. I pay $4.95 (no tip needed) at Kroger and my kids sleep in the backseat while they load it. I also save money, because I use their digital coupons and can compare prices from the comfort of my bed the night before and take as long as I need. Kroger at least also has special coupons for pickup orders only. I can usually cover the cost of pickup with coupons I wouldn't be able to use in store. 

You save money by totally sticking to the list, too. No crazy "OOOOOH, look at that cake!" add ons lol

On 1/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, Lunera said:

They desperately need a sex ed class so they can stop being surprised when they end up pregnant.

Also, It makes me cringe every time they misuse 'whenever'. 

Again, I don't like these people, but I was ALSO surprised both times I got pregnant, even though we were trying. Like, pleased. Like, OMG, it worked! 

 

and the "whenever" usage I believe is regional. Irritating, though. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, Talky Tina said:

I don't understand what this means. Is he fiery? Or does that mean he's hot?  

Please excuse an old lady who knows nothing about these things. 

He looks hot (really good). 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

jessaseewald

How is it that this darling baby boy turned 2 today? I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by. Henry is a sweet ray of sunshine in every day, with his joyful laughter and loving cuddles.
.
He loves his big brother so much, and the two are constantly playing together, laughing, wrestling, climbing on things, and digging in the dirt. Henry also enjoys wooden knob puzzles, and learning to ride his tricycle!
.
Henry is all about his snacks, especially unsalted almonds and raisins, peas and apples— and he also enjoys when he gets to walk around with a pocket full of pretzels. 😊
.
Henry LOVES to read books, so I included a little video of him reading one of his favorites: Little Blue Truck! He received a sequel to this book as a birthday gift (Little Blue Truck Leads the Way), and we’ve already read it 5x!
.
We are so grateful to God for giving us this little guy. 💙💙 We pray often that our boys will come to know Christ at a young age, and we desire with all our hearts that they will live lives that glorify God and point others to Him.
.

88C9B9D5-4C79-4E2F-8292-71C1F721BBCB.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I was watching a show on TLC last night and they ran the promo for the new season of Counting On. Featuring Jessa in a TH.

She is SO happy to be in front of the camera again, in her God-appointed role as Reality Television Stah, and it is SO obvious that she knows how right it is that she's there and one of God's special people. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

I mean, but really, who doesn’t enjoy when they get to walk around with a pocket full of pretzels!?!

Not only that, but when she was going on about the boys embracing god or whatever, all I could think was "Well, if God could guarantee him a pocketful of pretzels forever he'd care more". Seriously, their kids are still at the age where electricity is a fucking miracle. God is a bit heavy for them!

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/1/2019 at 1:24 PM, McManda said:

I know that people are excited about their new baby but ...

... all sonograms look the same. And by baby #3 it's likely that no one except your family really cares. But thanks for sharing, Jessa.

It’s not a great view, so I could be wrong, but I think it’s a girl. Looks like she might have the three lines sign.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

t’s not a great view, so I could be wrong, but I think it’s a girl. Looks like she might have the three lines sign.

What's the "three lines sign"?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

What's the "three lines sign"?

It's what the ultrasound techs/radiologists look for in determining gender on ultrasounds. The three lines become the baby's genitalia, though I thought you needed a bottom shot to tell. (I didn't go back to look, wasn't Jessa's ultrasound a profile of the baby's face?)

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, McManda said:

It's what the ultrasound techs/radiologists look for in determining gender on ultrasounds. The three lines become the baby's genitalia, though I thought you needed a bottom shot to tell. (I didn't go back to look, wasn't Jessa's ultrasound a profile of the baby's face?)

yes, you would need a view from the bottom to tell gender clearly.   when my DIL was doing invitro, the slang was to look for a hamburger (girl) or a turtle (boy). thats how the genitals  looks on the u/s. kinda silly but when you so desperately want a baby, you have to find the fun in the process.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, McManda said:

It's what the ultrasound techs/radiologists look for in determining gender on ultrasounds. The three lines become the baby's genitalia, though I thought you needed a bottom shot to tell. (I didn't go back to look, wasn't Jessa's ultrasound a profile of the baby's face?)

You do need a shot of the lower half of the body. The first shot Jessa posted was a profile of the whole fetus, but the angle on the part below the abdomen isn’t very good. That’s why I said I could be wrong. I’m sure we’ll find out eventually, given this gang’s love of gender reveal parties.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jessa has kept the sex of her boys a secret except to one of two sisters. She's all about building the suspense amongst her followers.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa has kept the sex of her boys a secret except to one of two sisters. She's all about building the suspense amongst her followers.

"It might be twins"!!!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't think anyone much cares about the 'gender' of Seewald Baby #3. It gets old after a bit. Jessa is old news, really.

completely agree.  "Gender" reveals get me completely riled up.  Gender is a social construct, and fetuses have had no exposure to society of any kind so how TH can you claim to know their gender.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, heckkitty said:

completely agree.  "Gender" reveals get me completely riled up.  Gender is a social construct, and fetuses have had no exposure to society of any kind so how TH can you claim to know their gender.

THANK YOU!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

In that family Jim and Michelle barely care about grand baby # 1 for each couple. 

By #3 they don’t care at all.

They'll only start caring again when the couple hits 10. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

JB and Michelle don't care if it's #1 or #3 or #12 for the parents. They care that's it's grandchild #13 for themselves. 

So maybe they'll have a big celebration for every 5th grandbaby, like we do for anniversaries. For the 10th grandbaby, grandpops and grandmama get TIN! ....  (Well, they would have. That milestone's way in the rearview mirror already.)

I can actually see the idiot TeeVee family doing that -- if any of them were capable of such complicated counting. 

They have to have some "big events" to put on their show. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So maybe they'll have a big celebration for every 5th grandbaby, like we do for anniversaries. For the 10th grandbaby, grandpops and grandmama get TIN! ....  (Well, they would have. That milestone's way in the rearview mirror already.)

I can actually see the idiot TeeVee family doing that -- if any of them were capable of such complicated counting. 

They have to have some "big events" to put on their show. 

What is TIN?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What is TIN?

Oh, I just meant that traditional list of anniversary gifts....You know, where the first anniversary you get paper and the 50th is supposed to be gold.....

The 10th is tin or, I guess in more recent times, also aluminum. Cans in either case, though! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The 10th is tin or, I guess in more recent times, also aluminum. Cans in either case, though! 

That's perfect. They can give each other canned soup. . . . 😂

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Zella said:

That's perfect. They can give each other canned soup. . . . 😂

Good point. Canned cream soup, of course. Then they can make a casserole.... as long as they can rustle up the hot dogs, tater tots and cheez whiz. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, allonsyalice said:

I mean, but really, who doesn’t enjoy when they get to walk around with a pocket full of pretzels!?!

Finally, a Duggar who we can all relate to.  Happy birthday, Henry! 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/11/2019 at 4:44 AM, floridamom said:

I don't think anyone much cares about the 'gender' of Seewald Baby #3. It gets old after a bit. Jessa is old news, really.

Oh, but I still hope she has all boys.  We don't need another generation of older sisters and their "buddy" teams.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×