Chris Knight

The Seewalds: Benessa and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Name... & Henry

9 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Dahmer Seewald?

I'm still impatiently waiting for Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. 

• Like 17

49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Bible McBibleface?

• Like 21

So many male grandchildren  and no Jim Bob.

My vote is for

Jim Bob

Jim Bob Michael 

Micah Jim

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Oh gosh. Who is Ben reading or studying? We might get another Spurgeon! 

Dr. Seuss?

• Like 11

18 hours ago, LilJen said:

I think it would be hilarious if they gave the kiddo some name that then turned out to be the same name of some evil person that they just didn't know about. I don't know who. 

Hannibal Seewald?  Hannibelle, for a girl.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have a feeling that if Jessa has a girl they will go for a virtue name.  Probably Verity because that is one of the few that I like.  Or Ben could use this for inspiration--

https://slate.com/human-interest/2013/09/puritan-names-lists-of-bizarre-religious-nomenclature-used-by-puritans.html

I'd go with Fly-fornication. 

And Jer and Jingle can name their first boy Fly-masturbation.  They've already started the F theme. 

• Like 7

Off that list, I kinda liked Job-raked-out-of-the-ashes. Or Damned Barebone.

I had a puritan ancestor named Sufferana. They're welcome to use that one. . . . 

I hope they don't use Verity! I love that name too. (Thanks, Poldark.)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Cute video. Jill take notes, please. 

I like seaweed too and eat it for my lazy thyroid but it is expensive!  And between the two unemployed parents they can’t go shopping, they do pick up orders?  Even if there is no charge ( and there usually is) you can’t easily comparison shop.  Thrifty my big fat ass.

• Like 14

46 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

I like seaweed too and eat it for my lazy thyroid but it is expensive!  And between the two unemployed parents they can’t go shopping, they do pick up orders?  Even if there is no charge ( and there usually is) you can’t easily comparison shop.  Thrifty my big fat ass.

I don't think there's a fee for doing the pickup option.  My cousin was super excited when their local walmart finally had the option to shop online and pickup because she said it was such a huge hassle taking the kids to the store and just so much easier to shop online and due a curbside pickup. And I don't go to walmart often because I'm too lazy to walk around a giant store but when I want something cheaper, I tend to go there. The only cheaper option to walmart might be Aldis. 

• Like 7

My local food chain (Foodtown) and almost all the stores around the Jersey Shore do charge.  Plus tip.  

Edited by Jenilane6

53 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

Around here Walmart has the cheapest prices for everything.  Walmart delivers too.   And do we know for sure Ben has no means of any employment?  I remember wrangling two toddlers in a grocery store and sometimes it isn't much fun.  I give them a pass on this.  The kids look clean, well fed and happy for now.

• Like 13

My sister and nephew eat dried seaweed like potato chips and it makes me want to vomit. But you can buy small packages at Walmart for less than a dollar so it’s easy to keep me happy.  Walmart is my personal version of Hell so the free pickup option is a real blessing for someone like me. 

• Like 10

If Jessa was smart she'd get an agent for her kids, especially Henry. He has that blond/blue cherub thing going on that advertisers LOVE in little kids. She could really cash in. 

• Like 8

It's totally worth doing order pickup for a big grocery order if you have young kids. I pay $4.95 (no tip needed) at Kroger and my kids sleep in the backseat while they load it. I also save money, because I use their digital coupons and can compare prices from the comfort of my bed the night before and take as long as I need. Kroger at least also has special coupons for pickup orders only. I can usually cover the cost of pickup with coupons I wouldn't be able to use in store. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

My local food chain (Foodtown) and almost all the stores around the Jersey Shore do charge.  Plus tip.  

They don't have to worry about tips.  They can hand out those bible tracts.  Come on now, you don't really think Duggars tip do you? :)

• Like 9

Walmart’s pick up is totally free. We use it when we have a crazy busy weekend or when we come back from vacation. Just order online, and pick a time. Then, drive over, and they put the groceries in your car. If they had it when I was pregnant, I would have taken advantage of it every single week.  There’s nothing like shopping for groceries from your couch in your pjs. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exploit her kids for money? Would a Duggar ever do that?🤣🤣🤣

Never!!  I think it’s against their beliefs, or something 🙄

• Like 8

11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exploit her kids for money? Would a Duggar ever do that?🤣🤣🤣

Heh. They call them "blessings" for a reason. Because they ble$$ the Duggar bottom line.

• Like 18

13 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Jessa, nobody believes that you cleaned anything, much less a table with a fork.

^^^Ding! We have a winnah!

OTOH I can't snark on Jessa for ordering groceries from Walmart for pickup. I agree with the comments that doing grocery shopping with infants/toddlers - especially more than one of them - can be a big deal that's often not fun for anyone involved. I thought about that yesterday. I attended an event that drew a lot of families. When I parked, a young woman with two toddlers *and* a baby was getting out of her van next to me. I asked if I could lend a hand but she graciously declined help. I told her I admired parents who single-handedly managed to go places with two or more little ones. [I didn't have to say, because, it's a lot of work to get each of them into and then out of the vehicle along with strollers, bags, etc. That's what she was doing at the time.] We exchanged smiles and a laugh. 

And, sure, Jessa could theoretically leave the kids with someone - there's always someone at the TTH - and go to Walmart herself. But it's possible that she and Bin follow the "accountability partner" rule so she couldn't go alone, so there's that. I also wonder if Jessa, after all those years being reared and indoctrinated and living 24/7/365 in a *herd* of people, is ever comfortable being alone. I think she would be very uncomfortable at the idea of going into a public place like a Walmart store alone, because we've seen how uneasy she was in the company of strangers when the show put Bin and Jessa in those situations. 

• Like 6

I will give them a pass on the pick up at Walmart, a.because the thought of 2 toddlers running around...b.nicer for people in Walmart for two less toddlers running around, c. it is cheaper as there are no opportunities from impulse purchases.  

I also love the fact they are both chowing down on dry seaweed, how far removed from tater tot casserole can you get? 

• Like 23

16 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

Back up-Foodtown still exists? They're all gone where I live (Central Jersey). I did have a stretch as a small child where I kept getting hurt at Foodtown (stubbed my toe so hard it bled, walked in the out door and got smacked by the door, got stung by a bee...) so I'm vaguely afraid of shopping there as an adult out of fear the Foodtown curse escalates and a shelf falls on me.

On topic-I'll give Jessa a pass on ordering from Walmart, because they may find it's easier to stay on budget that way-less chance of the boys asking for something, or them getting tempted by a sale...if you order via app,  you know exactly what you're ordering and there's no impulse purchasing to derail you. 

• Like 10

What's the big deal about her doing Walmart pickup? She's flush with TV cash, and it's not like such a thing is going to break the bank, at least for the one time we know them to have done it. Dry seaweed snacks, at least here, aren't expensive, and I don't see how it's lazy, since they're still driving to the store. And I comparison shop online all the time--it's not like you can't go to different sites to look at prices or compare prices of different products within the same store.

• Like 10

On 1/15/2019 at 8:43 AM, Churchhoney said:

Shadrach? What kind of name is that? Meshach? Who has a name like that? Shadrach? Meshach? Abednego-o-o-o-oh!

Shadrach and Meshach, Abednego, lived in Judah a long time ago...

Hahaha anyone else do It's Cool in the Furnace?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Shadrach? What kind of name is that? Meshach? Who has a name like that? Shadrach? Meshach? Abednego-o-o-o-oh!

Shadrach and Meshach, Abednego, lived in Judah a long time ago...

Hahaha anyone else do It's Cool in the Furnace?

The only Meshch I can think of is Meshach Taylor from "Designing Women." 

• Like 15

On 1/14/2019 at 3:15 PM, Bayarea4 said:

I'm guessing that, if it's a girl, Jessa will try to outdo Jinger by choosing an even more frilly, multi-syllable Victorian-sounding name such as Arabella.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  This is my niece's name.  It is bad enough it is shared with the granddaughter of someone I find vile.  I do not want it to be shared by a Duggar!

• Like 6

20 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Around here Walmart has the cheapest prices for everything.  Walmart delivers too.   And do we know for sure Ben has no means of any employment?  I remember wrangling two toddlers in a grocery store and sometimes it isn't much fun.  I give them a pass on this.  The kids look clean, well fed and happy for now.

Side bar question.  For those of you that have had grocery delivery, how is the produce?  I am pretty picky and this is what has stopped me from doing it.  That and the fact I would have to use instacart since our stores don't deliver in my area.

If I had nothing to do but eat/clean/post shit on instagram I would actually go to the store.  I am not a parent so I have no idea how hard that is but in my virgin territory mind I would bring one of the kids at a time.  I think it is a good idea to let kids see what veggies are out there.  It boggles my mind when semi grown people cannot identify run of the mill veggies.  Plus it gives a little one on one time with the parents/kids.

• Like 6

I use Walmart pick up and I live alone.  I find I don't impulse shop when I order online.  They carry a lot of gluten-free products that other local stores don't.  It's free with a $35.00 order, and there is no tip allowed.  Produce is doable, but other stores are better.  Another reason I like the pick-up is that I'm afraid to shop in the store.  Too many purse snatchings and the occasional shooting.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

$.99 at trader joes 

i love it too eat it all the time

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Walmart is my personal version of Hell so the free pickup option is a real blessing for someone like me. 

This. I hate going to Wal-Mart but it's the closest and cheapest around me.  I hate bringing my two toddlers there with me even more.  Plus, I work full-time and so does my hubby.  I am definitely a fan of the grocery pick-up rather than dragging two toddlers to Wal-Mart after work. 

If I was a reality TV "star," I'd definitely do grocery pick-up so I could avoid having to talk to/take pictures with "fans" while I tried to wrangle two toddlers & wait in long lines without losing my cool at a packed Wal-Mart.  I can't judge Jessa and Ben for this one.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Side bar question.  For those of you that have had grocery delivery, how is the produce?  I am pretty picky and this is what has stopped me from doing it.  That and the fact I would have to use instacart since our stores don't deliver in my area.

If I had nothing to do but eat/clean/post shit on instagram I would actually go to the store.  I am not a parent so I have no idea how hard that is but in my virgin territory mind I would bring one of the kids at a time.  I think it is a good idea to let kids see what veggies are out there.  It boggles my mind when semi grown people cannot identify run of the mill veggies.  Plus it gives a little one on one time with the parents/kids.

I am super picky about produce so I only do pickup at Byerly’s (one of our local posh grocery stores) and only because I can leave detailed instructions of what I require. I would never order produce unseen from Walmart. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

$.99 at trader joes 

i love it too eat it all the time

Trader Joe’s, yes. Walmart, never. Never been there and never will, for a plethora of reasons. But love trader Joe’s!

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I am super picky about produce so I only do pickup at Byerly’s (one of our local posh grocery stores) and only because I can leave detailed instructions of what I require. I would never order produce unseen from Walmart. 

Thanks!!!  I am not sure I trust the fruit/veggies to someone else.  The other stuff sure but fresh?  I just don't know.  

• Like 6

I dislike grocery shopping - it's endless. Take just a can of tuna for instance - take it off the shelf and put it in the cart, take it out of the cart and put it on the conveyor belt, put it in the bag, put the bag in the cart, roll the cart to the car, put the bag in the in car, drive home, bring the bag in the house and put the can of tuna in the cupboard. Then order a pizza.

I could never order from a grocery store because not only am I picky about produce, I'm also picky about meats. I also check dates on perishables like dairy, frozen foods and even longer-shelf life products like breads and cereals.

Jessa has toed the company line of being very careful with spending and has exploited living a humble lifestyle. I think ordering from Walmart goes against what Jessa and her family have touted. It's not like they said, we're tight for money and need to cut costs to make ends meet. They bragged that they always paid cash, never carried a debt and were thrifty. So, yeah, I can see snarking on her for this.

• Like 6

And I adore grocery shopping. I look forward to it every week. Granted, I have no children and Husband is not allowed to accompany me... and I love ❤️ to cook. Yes, I’m weird. 

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

And I adore grocery shopping. I look forward to it every week. Granted, I have no children and Husband is not allowed to accompany me... and I love ❤️ to cook. Yes, I’m weird. 

Oh my. Why aren't we BFFs living next door to each other? I'm sure I have a skill I could trade you for feeding me, my husband and son who lives at home. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I'm the same way...And I go grocery shopping probably five times a week because I just seem to be incapable of planning ahead. I got into that way of doing things when we were stationed in Scotland, and our house had just a tiny little under-the-counter fridge, so I'd go into "town" (the main street) pretty much every day and stop at the butcher's, the baker's, the greengrocer's, the fishmonger's, etc ,to see what they had that looked good that day. And I probably wasted way less food than I do now, because I bought what I needed for that day rather than stocking up on stuff then forgetting about it, or deciding to do something else, etc, until dragging it out of the depths of the fridge two weeks (or possibly months) later. I just do a lot better relying on inspiration rather than long-term planning.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. Why aren't we BFFs living next door to each other? I'm sure I have a skill I could trade you for feeding me, my husband and son who lives at home. 

I would shop, cook and feed all of you. Gladly. Clean my house for me? Vacuum, dust, wash floors? We got a deal!

4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm the same way...And I go grocery shopping probably five times a week because I just seem to be incapable of planning ahead. I got into that way of doing things when we were stationed in Scotland, and our house had just a tiny little under-the-counter fridge, so I'd go into "town" (the main street) pretty much every day and stop at the butcher's, the baker's, the greengrocer's, the fishmonger's, etc ,to see what they had that looked good that day. And I probably wasted way less food than I do now, because I bought what I needed for that day rather than stocking up on stuff then forgetting about it, or deciding to do something else, etc, until dragging it out of the depths of the fridge two weeks (or possibly months) later. I just do a lot better relying on inspiration rather than long-term planning.

I shop and cook for the week on Sundays. Best habit ever! Saves me a lot of stress during the week!

• Like 8

I can understand why people want to get their shopping done before they drive down & pick it up.  I may have done that in the 80's when I had a full-time job, and also had a toddler/young child to tote around.  Nowadays, as a retiree, I like to pick out my own produce, because that's usually the bulk of my purchases.  I'm also a bit leery of getting exactly what I specified on my list, if someone else is doing the picking and packing.  It's a nice option for busy lives.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I'm the same way! I love going to the store but I can understand why the pick-up option would appeal to those who prefer the convenience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I like grocery shopping too! I’m childfree and not partnered. I do enjoy delivery services (more in the winter) because I don’t want to carry all that or deal with the bad weather after work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm the same way...And I go grocery shopping probably five times a week because I just seem to be incapable of planning ahead.

Wow I grocery shop 3x a month (two main trips and one fill in for produce as needed), and I’m always satisfied with what I have in my fridge. I do wonder how often the Seewalds grocery shop and if they meal plan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Thanks!!!  I am not sure I trust the fruit/veggies to someone else.  The other stuff sure but fresh?  I just don't know.  

I’ve been surprised at how good the produce generally is when I have someone else pick it out. (Using Stop & Shop’s Peapod.) The one thing that really irritates me— it has happened twice— is getting a gallon of milk only a few days from its expiration date. I mainly use the service when I want to stock up on heavy/bulky pantry staple items though, and pick out the fresh stuff myself.

On topic: although I do sometimes have Peapod bring me cans of soup, I do not use them to make cream of glop casserole like the Duggars. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm with you! I have a Walmart directly across the street from my apartment (a nice Walmart at that!) so it's super easy to go there almost daily and grab what I need quickly. I feel so spoiled! I can't imagine not having that convenience now.