SilverStormm

Toddlers & Tiaras

This is the show that started my reality tv fascination. TLC has been showing reruns in the early morning recently. It has made me wonder if a new season is on the way.

Although I don't like the latest format I see that Camrie's boot camp seems to prepare the girls better. They seem more athletic and in control of their bodies while the Sassy Supremes appear to be a little clumsy and a lot rely on the hokey finger-in-the-dimple.  Camrie might almost be introducing some pro-am moves to her girls routines.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2016 at 2:54 PM, Daisy head said:

Cadence, to me, looks like the momma in Throw Momma From the Train - I'm showing my age :(

Hahahaha! I'm, for sure, going to hell for laughing so hard at this comment. I'm sorry, but the girls on Jamie's team have to be some of the ugliest kids I've ever seen and they're put IN BEAUTY PAGENTS?! Their parents are in so much denial. The only two that didn't scare me were Lola and Kallyn and even they weren't anything special. Meh.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2016 at 2:54 PM, Daisy head said:

Cadence, to me, looks like the momma in Throw Momma From the Train - I'm showing my age :(

I'm going to hell for laughing so hard at this comment! Cadence is the fuggliest kid over ever seen! Jamie has the ugliest girls on her team. Kallyn is cute..ish. but those ears!! And everyone ranted and raved over Lola. I didn't see it. Meh.

• Like 1

I just watched an episode dated 2016 involving Kim and her daughter, Selyse. I immediately logged on and had to join the forum because i was so enraged at this inept mother and her cling-on snot bubble. She was blaming coach Jamie for not practising with her daughter...? WTF? I am not a pageant parent yet even I know it's a parent's responsibility to ensure their kid knows the routine and has hair, makeup etc. Mama Kim was pissed her daughter (who missed an entire segment due to no-show lateness) was pissed her daughter didn't win a bigger prize although the kid literally scowled and marched off the stage. finally, I was ready to reach through my tv to slap the 'idiocy' out of Kim for allowing that child to cling to her like a sloth, while carrying her around like na 6 month old. Phew, I am riled up. Finally, talk about rigged pageant!!! The Jungle-whatever pageant had Lily lose to the blonde who didn't know her routine and was staring at coach Jamie like a deer in headlights. That Jaqueline was great, and was robbed as well. Cambrie gets results (and Jamie's good - just needs more parents like the blonde's mom). Lastly, I get sadistic pleasure from watching spoiled little girls have a break down when they realize they didn't win the BIG prize. I just shake my head at parents who don't explain, "Sorry, Kid, you didn't work hard enough" (AHEM, Kim!!) Then again, Lily, who was wonderful (but had a 'cheap dress') shouldn't blame herself when her efforts were robbed rather than rewarded.

• Like 2

I HAVE to ask this very superficial question... Why are pageant moms so damn overweight and unhealthy looking? Also, given they have little to work with initially, you would think they'd attempt to (at least) look television presentable during filming. I recognize that these moms are run ragged behind the scenes with timing, hair, makeup, practising routines etc., but when their Talking Head segments show them in stained sweatshirts, too-tight jeans, and hideous hair/lack of makeup, I am left speechless by their responses. You would think, given their expectations of the judges, these women would have made an attempt to make themselves presentable. Yeesh, what an unattractive group of slobs.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 4