OnceSane

S05.E14: La Vida Loca

I'm glad Mike said something to Vida. I was cheering him on. Vida is going to be a very lonely woman with no family around if she keeps on hurting her daughter. If tommy and mj are happy together that's all that matters

Best wishes to them

• Like 6

My mom was like Vida, but she was also schizophrenic. She didn't raise any of us until we were about 12.  I finally cut her out of my life, I just couldn't take it anymore andi have a supportive husband who understood. When she died, I felt such a weight lifted off my back!  My sister, not so much. She went into this deep depression, hated me for being relieved and then stepped right into mom's shoes. it was a weird dynamic but my life is so full of joy and laughter now. I'm not afraid of everything and havea happy life. I hope the same for them.

Edited by hatchetgirl · Reason: To fix autocorrect
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, tinaw said:

I'm glad Mike said something to Vida. I was cheering him on. Vida is going to be a very lonely woman with no family around if she keeps on hurting her daughter. If tommy and mj are happy together that's all that matters

Best wishes to them

If MJ and Tommy have kids I tend to believe Tommy would protect them from Vida. One wrong word out of her mouth to them and he would come down like a hammer.

• Like 5

I like Tommy. Yeah,  he's crude and loud, but there something about him I like.

Did anyone notice that Mike was crying his face off when Tommy was declaring his love for MJ. Made me  feel for him,  for a minute,  then I remembered he's a scumbag,  and it passed. 

Vida omg! What a waste off a good life.  I can't imagine living my life just to be nasty and negative. I just couldn't live being that miserable. MJ is a mess but she would help herself so much by just cutting  her mother out of her life. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Giselle said:

If MJ and Tommy have kids I tend to believe Tommy would protect them from Vida. One wrong word out of her mouth to them and he would come down like a hammer.

I believe tommy would come down like a hammer. I think MJ would come down even harder for her kids. I hope anyway

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, Vida may have some hate for Mike because he would not let MJ bring her to his wedding as her plus one.

My curiosity of MJ's wedding dress is real, I wonder if she will be on SYTTD and try on every skin tight see thru bodice dress Pnina makes and then settle on the one that is most unflattering and inappropriate.  Vida will spend her time on the show room couch saying horrible things to MJ and Randy will come to the rescue. I feel like I am writing fan fiction!  I really can't imagine this wedding would not be a special Shah's of Sunset series with some cross over reality tv thrown in for good measure.

Is MJ Jewish?  The Hebrew writing on the coffin lining made me wonder but the choir really made me wonder wtf.  Were there flowers at the cemetery 'cause there are never flowers at a Jewish grave sites.  Maybe that is why Vida does not think Tommy is right for MJ because he is not Jewish.

• Like 1

This show is fluff for me to watch, obviously mostly manufactured drama.  What did seem real and genuine was the absolute horror of all the group when Mike was answering back to Vida.  No one seemed to disagree that she is a complete hateful bitch, but they were all absolutely horrified that he would speak to an elder like that.  It's nice to see that in some cultures there is still unquestionable respect for elders, even in the case of someone as vile as Vida.  

• Like 2

If Mike would not have answered back Vida would have shut up and there would not be any screen time for her. 

Did anyone actually eat those awful looking cakes MJ and Vida made?

Why does MJ insist on wearing clothes that are several sizes too small? What is her deal? She can't be comfortable. It's just not possible.

I think Tommy genuinely cares about MJ. Mike has said as much on WWHL. However, I will keep Tommy in my prayers because a lifetime of MJ AND Vida is too much to bear. Talk about a lifetime of misery. Vida is so mean and rude and it has rubbed off on MJ. MJ will never cut her mom off, no matter how toxic, and that is very sad.

I understood why Mike was upset with Vida, but talking back to an elder and insulting her is a big offense. He's probably not going to live that down culturally. Vida hasn't earned his respect at all, but I know Mike was genuinely disappointed in himself.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Like 3

How evil is Vida? True story I was once married to a Persian and have two half Persian daughters, which is why I love this show. My mother in law had true shades of Vida. I think some of it is cultural and some of it is a true vile personality. I am happy for MJ, she is balanced out with Tommy.  

The photo shoot with Mike alone is exactly what he deserves. It seems he thinks nothing thru, from ordering shoes from Mexico without given adequate time for production, to carelessly cheating on his wife. She changed her religion for him and really tried. He's reaping what he sowed. Sorry not sorry. 

• Like 3

On 7/26/2016 at 1:31 AM, Giselle said:

Vida needs to be pushed into a grave so others can dance upon it. God that woman is vile. Not proud of your daughter...you think she is proud of having an acid spewing harpy for a...... germination tank as one shouldn't even call her a mother. I would venture to say she was a harpy to her husband long before he had a mistress and that is why he left. She is poison and toxic. The look of disdain on Vida's face when Tommy proposed..... I hope that woman rots in hell.  I cheered Mike taking on that bitch and thought less of the others for not deflecting the bombardment heaved his way and I think Tommy handled him well when it started to escalate. 

The best thing Tommy could do for MJ is move her back East. The next best would be to lay down the law the moment Vida dives into MJ and boot her ass out any time she is out of line.

Only after a sustained period of time will I believe any changes MJ made.

Don't care about Reza he is the same old tired ass bitch that he was at the beginning of the series. I hope GG does have something on him.

I'm long over Asa's priestess shtick. She hauls out that raggedy ass turban evert time she can poor thing.

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Reza should be careful about himself.  If he doesn't change his ways, he has a very good chance of becoming the male version of Vida.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Reza should be careful about himself.  If he doesn't change his ways, he has a very good chance of becoming the male version of Vida.  

He already is Vida, he just has a better filter and bull shitter hidden under the guise of friendship and caring.

• Like 2

Vida is horrible.  MJ needs to cut her off, nothing she ever does will be good enough for Vida, that's a fact.

I get the sense that Vida probably never wanted children in the first place, and resents MJ for existing.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2016 at 9:42 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Is MJ Jewish?  The Hebrew writing on the coffin lining made me wonder but the choir really made me wonder wtf.  Were there flowers at the cemetery 'cause there are never flowers at a Jewish grave sites.  Maybe that is why Vida does not think Tommy is right for MJ because he is not Jewish.

From what I recall, MJ is Jewish. (she and Mike are, Reza is half though identifies more as Muslim as is Asa...but they sure do loves them some alcohol). While it's not typical here to have flowers at Jewish grave sites, it's really more practice and not something that is against the religion. Just wanted to clarify. But you are right that at a Jewish cemetery there are seldom flowers.

Also I must have not been watching very closely because I totally missed any Hebrew writing.but I totally believe you.:)

Edited by mayvenne
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The cemetary they were at was Hollywood Forever.

They probably were limited in their choices in which cemetery to film an idiotic reality show.  And by that I mean an idiotic reality show that I watch every week. Sometimes I hate myself, lol.

• Like 4

I can't stand Vida.  Someone needs to read her the riot act.

"Vida, fuck you.  You don't fucking love your daughter, so just leave her the fuck alone, get on your goddamn broomstick, go on your cruises and don't fucking bother her anymore.  The end."  That's what someone needs to tell her, that's what an ELDER of Vida's needs to tell her, that way she can't talk back.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I can't stand Vida.  Someone needs to read her the riot act.

"Vida, fuck you.  You don't fucking love your daughter, so just leave her the fuck alone, get on your goddamn broomstick, go on your cruises and don't fucking bother her anymore.  The end."  That's what someone needs to tell her, that's what an ELDER of Vida's needs to tell her, that way she can't talk back.

This.  I can't co sign the elder respect thing.  That mentality is what enables and encourages emotional abuse.  At one point elders were simply younger assholes and keeping quiet in the name of respect made them worse by furthering their entitlement.  

• Like 4

I think Vida was trying to ruin MJ´s "event" but she also happens to love Jessica, I´ll never forget one time when she saw Mike & Jessica walk into the room and she almost jumped up and was all "Jessica" and beaming with joy... It´s so typical that the person no-one liked, who was gullible and desperate enough to marry Mike, is the one Vida liked the most. So of course she was all "where is Jessica, when will she come to class up the place"?

But despite how horrible Vida is to her daughter I still kind of don´t hate her, I think she´s not really able to see how messed up and evil she sometimes is.