Jump to content
Maverick

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Recommended Posts

Oh God.  They are re-running that YA YA YA YA YA YA I got a million ways to get it PELOTON ad!  Kill me now!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Ahhh, January, when the kill-me-right-now perfume and car commercials, which lately start well before Halloween,  have faded from my TV screen, to be supplanted by diet plans and tax services ads.  April 15 seems like a long, long time from now.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I've got an idea! How about brat child mows the grass, and then rides her bike to Jessica's house. Spoiled brat. 

Without knowing where the houses are, I'm willing to give her a pass on needing to be driven, but not her attitude about it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

You know when you put an in ground pool in, there is a very large hole in the ground that one could put a body into before the concrete is poured. Just sayin'.

Peaches, haven't I seen you profiled on "Deadly Women?" :D

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, LoneHaranguer said:

The ad spends a lot of time showing him pushing a mower, so I think not having to cut all that grass was intended to be a factor in his decision.

We had a pool when I was a kid and I remember it being a lot more work than mowing a lawn. I've also heard from people who have owned pools that the two best days of having a pool is the first day and the day you sell the house.  And I've been told that they don't really increase the value of the home.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2019 at 9:38 AM, janie jones said:

I think the idea is that he never has to drive her to Jessica or anyone else's house again. Or bring the younger kid to friends' houses.

Yes, the tag line is something about making the most of the house while the kids still live there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aryanna said:

And I've been told that they don't really increase the value of the home.

But they do increase your insurance costs (or so I hear).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aryanna said:

We had a pool when I was a kid and I remember it being a lot more work than mowing a lawn. I've also heard from people who have owned pools that the two best days of having a pool is the first day and the day you sell the house.  And I've been told that they don't really increase the value of the home.

We also had a pool when I was a kid and my dad hated it.  The saying also goes for motorhomes and boats, too.  "What are the happiest two days in an RVer's life? The day they buy the RV and the day they sell it." hehe My husband and I say it all the time about our motorhome because a house going down the road ALWAYS has something going wrong with it. Grrr!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, raiderred1 said:

We also had a pool when I was a kid and my dad hated it.  The saying also goes for motorhomes and boats, too.  "What are the happiest two days in an RVer's life? The day they buy the RV and the day they sell it." hehe My husband and I say it all the time about our motorhome because a house going down the road ALWAYS has something going wrong with it. Grrr!

My parents always had a boats. They got progressively bigger as the years went on. And the bigger they got, the more expensive it got to maintain them. Plus moorage, fuel, insurance, etc. My mom used to call them "holes in the water that you throw money into."

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

How are the new Liberty Mutual commercials WORSE? Is it on purpose???

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

How are the new Liberty Mutual commercials WORSE? Is it on purpose???

They are worse. I didn't think it was possible.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Some folks enjoy their RVs, though. I met a couple in one when I was going down the Natchez Trace. She told me they sold their house & bought a new, smaller one now that they're empty-nesters. Before they formally moved in, her husband suggested they try RV'ing for, maybe, 6 weeks & see if they like it. TEN YEARS later, they're still driving their "house" around and having the time of their lives. She's got one of those walking sticks she collects medallions for & she's got more medallion than stick. We kept running into one another at the "overlooks" & historic sites. I found that one of the coolest things about driving the Trace - the people you meet more than once along the road. It was great fun.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, trudysmom said:

 "Freefreefree" When I hear it from the other room it sounds like a little piglet squealing, "squee squee squeee!"   Ugh.

I straight up have only seen this commercial once and I was about 3/4 through it before I realized they were saying "free" and not "three". I was totally confused about what the hell "threethreethreethree" could possibly be about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, peacheslatour said:

Nah, I just watch a lot of cop shows.

Did you mean the "Murder Porn Channel"? (I think that's what they called it on South Park) :-)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Some folks enjoy their RVs, though. I met a couple in one when I was going down the Natchez Trace. She told me they sold their house & bought a new, smaller one now that they're empty-nesters. Before they formally moved in, her husband suggested they try RV'ing for, maybe, 6 weeks & see if they like it. TEN YEARS later, they're still driving their "house" around and having the time of their lives. She's got one of those walking sticks she collects medallions for & she's got more medallion than stick. We kept running into one another at the "overlooks" & historic sites. I found that one of the coolest things about driving the Trace - the people you meet more than once along the road. It was great fun.

Oh don't get me wrong, we love our motorhome but things really do break all the time.  My family has always had motorhomes and boats and shit just breaks on them.  I am very lucky that my husband, my dad and my brother are very mechanical and can fix most things. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

My parents always had a boats. They got progressively bigger as the years went on. And the bigger they got, the more expensive it got to maintain them. Plus moorage, fuel, insurance, etc. My mom used to call them "holes in the water that you throw money into."

B.O.A.T.- Bust Out Another Thousand!

To bring this back to commercials, the Dr. Pepper Fansville conclusion was kind of disappointing to me. But the "Are you wearing a wire?!" girl is hilarious.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

Did you mean the "Murder Porn Channel"? (I think that's what they called it on South Park) :-)

Mostly Law & Order SVU and film noir on TCM.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Popples said:

B.O.A.T.- Bust Out Another Thousand!

To bring this back to commercials, the Dr. Pepper Fansville conclusion was kind of disappointing to me. But the "Are you wearing a wire?!" girl is hilarious.

I kinda liked it. But I'm known to like silly things.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, peacheslatour said:

You know when you put an in ground pool in, there is a very large hole in the ground that one could put a body into before the concrete is poured. Just sayin'.

Thanks for making me afraid of my backyard

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/31/2018 at 1:50 PM, Silver Raven said:

Oprah is a co-owner of the company.

"O" Oprah fuck off! We all know you wear Spanx to hold in the jelly. Your body does NOT look shapely and firm on its OWN! HAHA!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Can't find a clip of it... but I hate a new weight loss commercial with a song mentioning 'Worship Me'. Ugh. So narcissistic.

 

Scratch it.

 

Just found the stupid commercial.

 

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, docmatt said:

Thanks for making me afraid of my backyard

I don't think I've seen a show where somebody put a body under a pool. Fish ponds, yes, along with other structures like gazebos, sheds and garages. I wonder if there's something under Cheryl's she-shed. There must be something serious going on for her to think somebody burned it down. Maybe her husband is lying about it having been lightning, and he's got plans for when it's rebuilt.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/20/2018 at 9:34 PM, xaxat said:

The only thing that should follow that opening chord are the words "Dearly beloved. . ."

Prince must be suffering more than he ever did in life. I suppose his estate has to make a living, but Prince never wanted his music to be used to sell crap. Other than more music and merch, of course. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Popples said:

To bring this back to commercials, the Dr. Pepper Fansville conclusion was kind of disappointing to me. But the "Are you wearing a wire?!" girl is hilarious.

Yeah, it was kind of funny, but I was expecting more. I really did enjoy the whole "season," thought. "But that's his grillin' hand!" lol 

29 minutes ago, topanga said:

Prince must be suffering more than he ever did in life. I suppose his estate has to make a living, but Prince never wanted his music to be used to sell crap. Other than more music and merch, of course. 

Yeah. I find it interesting that the campaign is using Prince, Whitney and Michael Jackson, who have all died somewhat recently. But I can't tell you what the ads are for -- Capital One? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I can't deal with the "Ever since x bought a house, he turned into his father," commercials. 

I love those.  I think the support group one is my favorite, but they all make me laugh.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I don't think I've seen a show where somebody put a body under a pool

Desperate Housewives.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Wasn't there a Columbo where they did that?

Somebody threw one into a pool, but that's not the same thing. Very few bodies got hidden on Columbo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Wasn't there a Columbo where they did that?

I think there was one under a fish tank....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I think there was one under a fish tank....

Yes, showing once again that deeper is better when you're burying a body.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Yes, showing once again that deeper is better when you're burying a body.

Good to know!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, Ubiquitous said:

There's a new Weight Watchers ad featuring successful clients, including Oprah. Fuck off, Oprah!

 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Silver Raven said:

Oprah is a co-owner of the company.

 

 

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:46 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

Can't find a clip of it... but I hate a new weight loss commercial with a song mentioning 'Worship Me'. Ugh. So narcissistic.

 

Scratch it.

 

Just found the stupid commercial.

 

 

I was just here to comment about the "Worship Me" and how I'd never take diet advice from Oprah.  And no shade - big gal myself, but not taking advice from her.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Bastet said:

I love those.  I think the support group one is my favorite, but they all make me laugh.

Defense wins championships!

I really like the reverse gender ones.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I can't deal with the "Ever since x bought a house, he turned into his father," commercials. 

They could be funny, but their concept of what it's like turning into one's father is rather lame (or at least it is if I turned into my father).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind the one with the husband and wife, because I find that one plausible. I can see that someone might change their interests and personality once they got a house and were concerned with maintaining it.

The one where the guy acts like a complete dweeb while out with his friends makes no sense. If he didn't do these things before, why would buying a house result in him dancing like Urkel and mispronouncing jalepeno poppers?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

About five years of years ago I bought my first house. One resource our community provides is mulch made from curbside leaf/tree pickup. One day, I distinctly remember digging into the pile and saying "That's some good mulch."

51 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

The one where the guy acts like a complete dweeb while out with his friends makes no sense. If he didn't do these things before, why would buying a house result in him dancing like Urkel and mispronouncing jalepeno poppers?

Bachelor parties are funny because you really find out where your friends are in life. You've got bachelors, guys who have been married a couple of years and that one guy who has been married five years, has three kids, owns his own home, is talking about his IRA, owns the mini van etc. 

And you realize he's no longer the guy you remember from college.

Edited by xaxat
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I  can understand why this band is so bummed that its lead singer's UC or Chrohn's disease keeps her from opening her mouth and saying "Aaaaaaaa" like she's seeing her ear, nose and throat doctor.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I  can understand why this band is so bummed that its lead singer's UC or Chrohn's disease keeps her from opening her mouth and saying "Aaaaaaaa" like she's seeing her ear, nose and throat doctor.

 

OMG, yes! I always wonder why their gigs are so dependent on her getting out of the bathroom because surely one of the others can sing Aaaaaaaaaaaa for all the songs. 

I hadn’t seen the Kyleena commercial in months and now it seems to be back. I guess people don’t care about birth control during the holidays?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Oh lord help me. This commercial for The Realreal hurts my eyes and makes my chest tight. What were they thinking?!?!?!?!? 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, kariyaki said:

OMG, yes! I always wonder why their gigs are so dependent on her getting out of the bathroom because surely one of the others can sing Aaaaaaaaaaaa for all the songs. 

LOL!  This has been my BIGGEST pet peeve on this batch of commercials.  No, you are not posing for a magazine, you are supposedly singing for a band!  Sometimes your lips and tongue must MOVE to form words!  I lunge for the remote on this one.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Doritos for some reason can't let this commercial die and I hate it: Can someone explain to me why that guy is so unbelievably stupid that he legitimately believes a cardboard box that runs on Doritos is a functional time machine? Did he smoke some crack before he went outside?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Nah, it was probably weed.

Quote

Oh lord help me. This commercial for The Realreal hurts my eyes and makes my chest tight. What were they thinking?!?!?!?!? 

I feel your pain! And some of those so-called fashions are downright ugly! However, I do really like the model's hairstyle and I wish my hair would do that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The anti-migraine medication commercial where the guy muses about having to perform "Daddy Diaper Duty."

Like it's something special.   Outside his wheelhouse. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

They could be funny, but their concept of what it's like turning into one's father is rather lame (or at least it is if I turned into my father).

 

On 1/10/2019 at 3:53 PM, kariyaki said:

I don't mind the one with the husband and wife, because I find that one plausible. I can see that someone might change their interests and personality once they got a house and were concerned with maintaining it.

The one where the guy acts like a complete dweeb while out with his friends makes no sense. If he didn't do these things before, why would buying a house result in him dancing like Urkel and mispronouncing jalepeno poppers?

The dweeb makes no sense to me either. The husband and wife one is the one that drives me nuts because while I get that someone can get all into doing things around the house, I don't see how pointing out to your spouse that the attic insulation is stapled and being happy with the mulch is such a bad thing. Then they go on to add in unrelated, moronic scenes where the guy puts on this stupid face while putting glasses on to look at the computer and talking to himself while opening a piece of candy. It just makes no sense to me. 

On another note: the Sling couple makes my skin crawl. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2019 at 4:09 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Somebody threw one into a pool, but that's not the same thing. Very few bodies got hidden on Columbo.

Once there was one buried in a construction zone. Trivia: it was a real construction site for a building going up right near the network offices.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Doritos for some reason can't let this commercial die and I hate it: Can someone explain to me why that guy is so unbelievably stupid that he legitimately believes a cardboard box that runs on Doritos is a functional time machine? Did he smoke some crack before he went outside?

  Agree! However; the one amusing part of it is when he mistakes the older longhaired man for the young kid- and the older longhaired man orders him off his property. I mean, I'm old enough to remember when old short-haired or bald men were ordering longhaired hippies off THEIR lawns so it's amusing to me how things have gone full circle! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:46 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

Can't find a clip of it... but I hate a new weight loss commercial with a song mentioning 'Worship Me'. Ugh. So narcissistic.

Oprah being in it is no surprise. ha ha

Yeah, right, Oprah, you're a millionaires and uses Weight Watchers.

 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, mmecorday said:

I  can understand why this band is so bummed that its lead singer's UC or Chrohn's disease keeps her from opening her mouth and saying "Aaaaaaaa" like she's seeing her ear, nose and throat doctor.

Maybe it's my limited experience, but when Dad's UC or Chrohn's disease acts up it's nothing like they depict it in commercials. Whenever his flared up he's be too doubled-over in pain to do anything. If that backup singer had it, she's know long before she got on stage, if she could even get that far.

 

20 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Oh lord help me. This commercial for The Realreal hurts my eyes and makes my chest tight. What were they thinking?!?!?!?!? 

Is The RealReal is sponsor of RuPaul's Drag Race?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×