frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

They write in emojis just like “boss babes” advertising their latest MLM. Unfortunately, it’s a trend among grown women. 

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Jinger head does make her look like a bubble head. And of course too long hair covering the boobs. 

Not a fan of the pic.

Agreed, her hair/face would benefit from lots of layers, at minimum.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Felicity is one of those easy babies who trick you into thinking they’re all so cute and easy going. 

Well, maybe. She is cute and they post pictures of her smiling.  She might keep them up all night!!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Felicity is one of those easy babies who trick you into thinking they’re all so cute and easy going.  Then you decide to have a second and meet the devil himself. 

Mine were the other way around...it's a wonder that I braved having a second one, but she turned out to be amazingly easy in comparison. The first demanded attention and something to keep him occupied 24/7, didn't sleep through the night until he was close to a year old, woke up screaming bloody murder as soon as his eyes opened in the morning and lived to push my buttons as soon as he worked out what they were. The second slept through the night when she was a week and a half old (I ran to the bassinette in a panic when I woke up at 7:00 and realized I hadn't heard her since putting her down in the evening), entertained herself quietly when she woke, was just generally smiley and good natured and lived to please. The last was a typical third child who worked out ways to charm his way out of anything and somehow managed to break both himself and the rules on a regular basis without any long term damage or repercussions. They did all turn out to be amazing individuals, though!

• Like 11
  • Laugh 3

1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Mine were the other way around...it's a wonder that I braved having a second one, but she turned out to be amazingly easy in comparison. The first demanded attention and something to keep him occupied 24/7, didn't sleep through the night until he was close to a year old, woke up screaming bloody murder as soon as his eyes opened in the morning and lived to push my buttons as soon as he worked out what they were. The second slept through the night when she was a week and a half old (I ran to the bassinette in a panic when I woke up at 7:00 and realized I hadn't heard her since putting her down in the evening), entertained herself quietly when she woke, was just generally smiley and good natured and lived to please. The last was a typical third child who worked out ways to charm his way out of anything and somehow managed to break both himself and the rules on a regular basis without any long term damage or repercussions. They did all turn out to be amazing individuals, though!

Since jer and jing are the subject of tonight's show, did jer and jing post pics of jer preaching yesterday?  Like pretending he is for real a pastor of something?

Jeremy did a FB live from his office before service yesterday. In it, he noted the blessing of the new church but said in the next breath that the building didn't have internet. He claims that it will take "a few weeks" to resolve. Until then, no live sermons. 

• Laugh 2

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Interesting that Jinger films in skirts, but when she knows it's a tight shot, in this case talking heads, jeans are A-okay.

That's called hypocrisy. This, not empathy or such, is what the Duggarlings learned early on and apparently indelibly from their disgusting parents. 

Check 'em out. Check ALL of them out. Which do they have? 

Yeah. 

• Like 7

I thought Jinger only really wore skirts when she was back at the TTH and wearing jeans (or pants) around her own home in Laredo was the norm. Anyway, that outfit is cute and normal.

And Felicity is still super cute. She looks like such a happy baby. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, McManda said:

I thought Jinger only really wore skirts when she was back at the TTH and wearing jeans (or pants) around her own home in Laredo was the norm. Anyway, that outfit is cute and normal.

And Felicity is still super cute. She looks like such a happy baby. 

She's worn skirts at her home in Laredo on the show, although they have been slightly above the knees. In the previews for the next episode it looks like Jinger is wearing sweatpants though.

I haven't seen Jinger wear pants at the TTH, although Jill has.

Edited by madpsych78

Just now, libgirl2 said:

She is so cute! Love the baby jeans too. 

Nothing like giving the finger to grandma & grandpa regarding "modesty" before you even have teeth. 😉  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Interesting that Jinger films in skirts, but when she knows it's a tight shot, in this case talking heads, jeans are A-okay.

Uncle Jim is no fool, and knows where his money shot photo-op bread is buttered - in with the laughing baby!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I don't think Jinger wearing skirts at the TTH and pants in her home is necessarily hypocrisy. It could be a sign of respect for her parents. Although I am in my 30's and have lived on my own for a long time, when I visit my parents, I don't watch R-rated films in their home or mention evolution because I know how they feel about those things. It's easier to just do what you can to make things comfortable when you're visiting your parents rather than blatantly show them the ideals and standards you've chosen not to follow.

I agree with that in general -- i.e., for most of humanity!

However, to me JB and M are in no way eligible for respect from anyone. Plustheir edicts about things like -- "women mustn't wear men's clothes because it's against Jesus!!!" are to me such obvious hypocritical bullshit on their parts that I'm inclined to believe that virtually all their so-called beliefs are mere crap they now continue performing only because they think it's the way to prolong their money-grubbing tenure on reality TeeVee.

Meeechelle's ridiculous water-skiiing with the black band over her damn knees, the long beaver-head ringletted hair, the asinine leggings-under-long-skirts they make the little girls wear in scorching summer weather, JB's and M's near-total excusing of Joshley's child molestation, JB's performance at the mini-golf course, his sickening leering over his children's sex lives (or prohibition from having sex lives) -- To me, it all adds up to a couple of crass, crude, mean hypocritical shits who are in no way the "devout Christians" they pretend to be, but do every damn thing they do as a performance to keep the TLC paychecks rolling in. 

That being the case, I've concluded that, for me, any of their adult kids who go along with those things are most likely also all in on the keep-up-appearances-for-the-sake-of-the-TeeVee-paycheck charade and do whatever they do as part of the TeeVee performance. Not out of respect for anyone. 

I'm quite possibly misreading the level of naivete in Jingle and others of the Duggarlings. But in my opinion if they're not hypocrites, then the only alternative explanation is that they're complete idiots. They'd have to be to believe that JB and M are actually serious about any of their so-called godly beliefs at all.

The Duggar parents are in no way the kind of normal parents to whose sincere old-fashioned beliefs one might cater out of respect, in my opinion. They're mean hypocritical grifters who got into their cult so they could wield uncalled-for power over their kids, but for a long time now they've just performed the cult shit because it keeps them on television, as far as I can see.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 23

JInger might not wear pants around the TTH or when she's with her family not so much for her parents but for her siblings. There's still a passel of believers there. If I had all those brothers and sisters who still believed the nonsense, it would probably just be easier to go along with it when I was around them. 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

JInger might not wear pants around the TTH or when she's with her family not so much for her parents but for her siblings. There's still a passel of believers there. If I had all those brothers and sisters who still believed the nonsense, it would probably just be easier to go along with it when I was around them. 

Yeah, I can see doing this.

At the same time, though, I really wonder about the level of actual solid "belief" among the Duggarlings at all. And how they'd actually respond to somebody doing something a little different. Hasn't Jill been seen wearing pants around the fam?

They're a bunch of parrots and pretty weak-minded and weak-willed in general, seems to me. Plus, they're a massive crowd. Plus, they're just inheritors of the beliefs -- parrots. I have a hard time seeing them even noticing somebody wearing a slightly different outfit in the midst of the TTH mob, let alone actually caring. Especially if the somebody is just "meek" Jingle. It's not as if pants show a bunch of skin so the intruder would look like a Vegas showgirl. 

I doubt Jessa'd mind. It'd mean she was one of the few remaining totally holy ones!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

I have to say this. I'm not a Brit, but I am an Anglophile. I travel to the UK as often as my modest means allow (every other year on average). I feel at home in London. Go figure. Also, I hang out online on UK travel forums (fora?). Through all of this I have learned that to Brits, "pants" is their term for what we call underpants or panties. (What Americans call "pants" as in external wear, they call "trousers.") 

Thus, the bolded statement, while my all-American mind instantly understands it, also cracks me up because I see how it would read in the UK or to someone very familiar with that usage. 

ETA: I've also often thought that the statement "Duggars don't allow their daughters to wear pants" must sound a little kinky to some people, lol.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Laugh 20

I also seriously question their faith, or at least that there is any depth to their faith. I do not follow any of the Duggars on social media, so I only see what is posted here (thanks to diligent @ginger90). Are the Duggars (and I wonder the most about the Vuolos) posting anything about faith that isn’t posted here? Like, are none of their posts about faith posted here? Because otherwise they don’t say anything other than verse here or there, reading proverbs, and the same recycled servant’s heart lines. There’s nothing about doing a deep dive into the book of Esther, or attending a Bible study, or words of encouragement, or ‘this is how God showed up in my life today.’ I do follow some evangelical Christian women on Twitter and I listen to various Christian podcasts, and I don’t see any of the same stuff coming from the Duggars. My own pastor is on Facebook, and he is a prolific poster. I would say two-thirds of his posts are about Jesus and the church, and one-third is Duke basketball. Jeremy appears to post one quarter books, one quarter Jinger, one quarter Baby, and one quarter miscellany that might include God.

• Like 13

Marshmallow, I agree with your entire post. Jeremy strikes me as more of a vanity preacher. He likes to get dressed up and hear himself talk, but there's no depth to any of his messages and he appears to do little work outside his sporadic appearances at GCC. Given that Laredo has a largely underserved population, you'd think he'd be involved in starting food/clothing drives, youth activities, ESL courses, providing baby supplies for low-income mothers, etc. But nope. It's all conferences and flitting about to preach in hipster cafes or conduct weddings with side trips to MLB games. He's a lot more Duggar-ish than I think a lot of us originally gave him credit for.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 24

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Marshmallow, I agree with your entire post. Jeremy strikes me as more of a vanity preacher. He likes to get dressed up and hear himself talk, but there's no depth to any of his messages and he appears to do little work outside his sporadic appearances at GCC. Given that Laredo has a largely underserved population, you'd think he'd be involved in starting food/clothing drives, youth activities, ESL courses, providing baby supplies for low-income mothers, etc. But nope. It's all conferences and flitting about to preach in hipster cafes or conduct weddings with side trips to MLB games. He's a lot more Duggar-ish than I think a lot of us originally gave him credit for.

It's a theme! 

The marryers-in are like iron filings to a strong magnet, I guess. 

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I was once on an airplane seated next to a woman priest (so that narrows down the denomination) who was deeply involved in training for would-be priests. It was fascinating, actually, even to this heathen. 

She talked about how difficult it is to weed out the people who were pursuing this role for ego and power, because they talked such a good game. There was one in particular she was troubled by, because he was snowing the other church authorities in the program and she was sure he was...she paused, and heathen me said, helpfully, “a total bullshitter”? She laughed and said, “exactly.”

That’s Jeremy. He’s an Instagram Preacher.

Unfortunately true of any profession where you can get major ego strokes from having people listen to you or being allowed to push people around or being in the public eye in any way ... . or all of the above. Unfortunately a lot of these professions are ones where good performers should be thinking more of others than of themselves, like clergy, teachers, coaches, public officials, and so on. 

With Jer, I don't necessarily get the impression he wants to actually manipulate people and change them necessarily. Frankly, he doesn't seem interested enough in other people to want to do that. With him, it's the showing off that mostly seems to matter -- as you say, an Instagram Preacher -- so, on the bright side, I guess if my impression is accurate he's less of a problem than some other people who aspire to the job. He's just a show-off. Not necessarily a manipulative show-off. ;  )

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This made me think of something. I’ve stated before that I’m a Christian, and I’m actively involved in our church. Anyway, I’ve recently had our last child and I cannot give away our stuff...our church doesn’t know of any needy family?! Our local school district social worker has nobody in need? And the local moms homes that I’ve tried don’t want used, they want money for new items. If someone is in deseperate need of baby items where would they go? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I was once on an airplane seated next to a woman priest (so that narrows down the denomination) who was deeply involved in training for would-be priests. It was fascinating, actually, even to this heathen. 

She talked about how difficult it is to weed out the people who were pursuing this role for ego and power, because they talked such a good game. There was one in particular she was troubled by, because he was snowing the other church authorities in the program and she was sure he was...she paused, and heathen me said, helpfully, “a total bullshitter”? She laughed and said, “exactly.”

Omg. I know someone EXACTLY like this. He grew up with me, and he has a stage mother. He's always had a huge ego and thinks he's super special because he's the descendant of a famous person (and now he claims the famous person was awful, but that doesn't stop him from name dropping). He flunked out of divinity school, but still considers himself a pastor, flitting around just like Jeremy giving speeches at churches by using his family name. He had a brief fifteen minutes of fame a few years ago where he was on a major award show, which led to talk show appearances, and he's trying so hard to keep his fame alive. He's the liberal counterpart to Jeremy, and is the same way...100% on the far left, and won't entertain any other ideas. He loves to blather on about white privilege, and then takes exotic vacations on Mommy and Daddy's dime. But the thing that bothers me MOST is how hateful he is for someone who professes to be a pastor. While he says the "right" things, like black people matter and LGBTQ people should have rights (so his beliefs aren't inherently hateful), he is SO NASTY to anyone who says anything that doesn't kiss his ass. One of our former teachers suggested he slow down on his appearances for his mental health, and he was SUPER nasty to her back. She was genuinely concerned for him, and not rude at all! He assumes anytime something doesn't go his way, he is being persecuted for his liberal beliefs by a racist, and attacks anyone who suggests that maybe he didn't get the gig or whatever for other reasons. Plus he has made a career talking about how backward our hometown is, while he still chooses to live there! He is equally as infuriating as Jeremy, but really even worse, because Jeremy can be charming and non-aggressive. 

Thankfully, this dude has tried to get into every major denomination, and they have all seen right through him and sent him on his way. Even very liberal ones. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

This made me think of something. I’ve stated before that I’m a Christian, and I’m actively involved in our church. Anyway, I’ve recently had our last child and I cannot give away our stuff...our church doesn’t know of any needy family?! Our local school district social worker has nobody in need? And the local moms homes that I’ve tried don’t want used, they want money for new items. If someone is in deseperate need of baby items where would they go? 

Is there a domestic violence or women’s shelter where you live? Or is that what you meant by moms’ homes...

There’s always Goodwill but at least here in PNW it’s gotten harder and harder to donate there. They want LIKE NEW on everything! I think it’s partly that they’re overwhelmed right at the moment by the people watching Marie Kondo...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

Maybe ask around about friends' churches? At least a few churches do try to act as clearinghouses for stuff. Depends on what charities they're involved in, I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmfam said:

Do you participate in NextDoor?  its a neighborhood social app.  Also, there is Offer Up, an app and LetGo, an app that you can offer "for free" and meet at public place if those are options for you.  I know here there is a lot offered for free and there are takers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Do you participate in NextDoor?  its a neighborhood social app.  Also, there is Offer Up, an app and LetGo, an app that you can offer "for free" and meet at public place if those are options for you.  I know here there is a lot offered for free and there are takers.

No, but this sounds perfect! Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is there a domestic violence or women’s shelter where you live? Or is that what you meant by moms’ homes...

There’s always Goodwill but at least here in PNW it’s gotten harder and harder to donate there. They want LIKE NEW on everything! I think it’s partly that they’re overwhelmed right at the moment by the people watching Marie Kondo...

Yes, the Moms houses are for women coming out of domestic violence situations with or without children. I have no real problem giving to goodwill, community aid, etc but since a lot of our baby items were gifts or hand me downs it doesn’t sit well with me to ask for someone else to pay for it, especially someone genuinely in need. 

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe ask around about friends' churches? At least a few churches do try to act as clearinghouses for stuff. Depends on what charities they're involved in, I suppose.

I have asked a few of my friends, and I’ve even intentionally chose different denominations than mine! Thank you! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Much like politicians!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmfam said:

Yes, the Moms houses are for women coming out of domestic violence situations with or without children. I have no real problem giving to goodwill, community aid, etc but since a lot of our baby items were gifts or hand me downs it doesn’t sit well with me to ask for someone else to pay for it, especially someone genuinely in need. 

I have asked a few of my friends, and I’ve even intentionally chose different denominations than mine! Thank you! 

Hahahaha send it to the TTH! 😂

For real, though, it surprises me that it's so hard for you to give that away. I'd think lots of people would be dying for free baby stuff!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

If it helps, Goodwill uses the proceeds from selling the donated stuff to fund programs that help people in need with training, support and job hunting skills to help get them back on their feet. So it’s for a good cause.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

5 hours ago, Farmfam said:

Are you on Facebook? When my grandson was young I was on a Facebook buy & sell list for baby and children's items. It wasn't unusual for people to post items for free.

5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Women's shelters?

2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Are you on Facebook? When my grandson was young I was on a Facebook buy & sell list for baby and children's items. It wasn't unusual for people to post items for free.

🤦🏻‍♀️Forgot about FB Marketplace! Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Catlyn said:

Women's shelters?

Tried our local ones...they would rather money. I was even hopeful they would have taken my stuff and distributed it to those they felt needed it, but nope. They don’t have the storage for it, or that’s what I was told. 

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Hahahaha send it to the TTH! 😂

For real, though, it surprises me that it's so hard for you to give that away. I'd think lots of people would be dying for free baby stuff!

I expect the problem is that anybody who tries to be a middleman in exchanges of used stuff worries about various kinds of liability they might get hit with -- either because of some legit problem with stuff you innocently passed on or by scammers of some kind. ...

People want stuff. But you have to be strongly motivated and even kinda fearless to step up to arrange such things. And most of us aren't either of those things if the need doesn't hit really close to home, I fear.

It's probably easier to find folks who handle donations in bigger metropolitan areas than smaller ones, too. More people means more who'll be willing to do it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmfam said:

Your local food banks may take some items as well, or know families who might be in need

Additionally, many cities have 'mom group' pages on facebook. I am part of one that has 35K members. People post "free to a mom in need " stuff all the time and get a lot of interest. It is different than market place, if you search groups search for "Laredo moms" or something like that ( for whatever city you are in)  and post there. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect the problem is that anybody who tries to be a middleman in exchanges of used stuff worries about various kinds of liability they might get hit with -- either because of some legit problem with stuff you innocently passed on or by scammers of some kind. ...

People want stuff. But you have to be strongly motivated and even kinda fearless to step up to arrange such things. And most of us aren't either of those things if the need doesn't hit really close to home, I fear.

It's probably easier to find folks who handle donations in bigger metropolitan areas than smaller ones, too. More people means more who'll be willing to do it. 

Also, with all the various safety recalls, most places can't take donations of car seats, cribs, strollers etc. They can't keep track of what was recalled vs what wasn't, so they can't take used stuff like that. 

And to bring it back to Jinger, I'm guessing she didn't get many hand me downs. But I do love a lot of the clothes she has.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, Farmfam said:

I second reaching out to women’s shelters if that’s not what you meant by mom’s homes. Shelters for domestic violence or women usually have a dire need for supplies on short notice.  You may want to contact a local crisis center.

Depending on where you live, people often need things after natural disasters too.  I remember buying gallons of Pedialyte after Hurricane Katrina.  

And when in doubt, sell it on LetGo or Craig’s list. I’ve been most successful selling items in a large bundle for a really cheap price just to get it out of my house. It beats throwing it out.  

• Like 1