frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

27 minutes ago, EVS said:

My kids would call Jeremy a poser. 

He reminds me a bit of some of my classmates from a religious college. They wrote bad poetry full of big words, wore sweater vests, and thought they were really special because they read C.S. Lewis's non-Narnia books. One also seemed to think he discovered Monty Python and that this made him cool. This was in the early 2010s. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 18

31 minutes ago, EVS said:

My kids would call Jeremy a poser. 

Hell, I've called Jeremy a poser more than once on this board, and I am far from being a kid.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Why is that woman outside by the water cooler when there is empty chairs inside? Has she sinned? It actually looks a bit like a  Mechelle outfit and she has the straggly hair too.

I just assumed that was Jinger. Or is the pastor's wife supposed to be front and center?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, McManda said:

I just assumed that was Jinger. Or is the pastor's wife supposed to be front and center?

It looks like Jinger to me.  Maybe she's holding her baby.

• Like 6

So Jeremy posted a bunch of live videos to his Instagram stories from the G3 conference and it seems Ben and Jessa went along also.

Screenshot_20190118-020723_Instagram.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, graefin said:

So Jeremy posted a bunch of live videos to his Instagram stories from the G3 conference and it seems Ben and Jessa went along also.

"All I have is Christ" 

OMGoodness..what a BORING life.

• Like 23

Jana was also there and I'm pretty sure that's Laura next to her. 

Screenshot_20190118-005417_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.d79bb84b19a5e7f26e6b1d15941a3872.jpg

• Like 3

Oh no, just what they need, a passionate energized crowd to help them double down on their beliefs. Will Ben feel compelled to Tweet? Will Jessa stop him? Thank goodness Derick didn't go.

• Like 11

He best have solid plans to continue financing this script or before you know it he'll be following a script he never wrote and will be studying on the living floor with a kid climbing on his back.

He'll eventually write a book, banking on Jing's fame. 

Thanks all for the updates on the Church of the Holy Adult Day Center.

"All I Have is Christ" "Oh, and all I need is this Chair...

jerk11.jpg

*Lesbian courtship intensifies*

• Like 18

6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190118-005417_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.d79bb84b19a5e7f26e6b1d15941a3872.jpg

Notice the #19kidsandcounting   and   #countingon    hashtags.   

If Jer (or Der or Bin, for that matter) DOES manage to rise at all in the Christian work worlds they're trying to enter, they'll definitely owe it to the Duggar fame.

Looks to me like a lot of people are probably thrilled to have the Duggar adjacents in their movement -- because they desperately want to grow their numbers. And these days "celebrity" (no matter how ridiculous or trivial) seems to be one of the few sure ways to do it. And celebrities who loudly and proudly embrace very conservative Christianity -- including its anti-gay and keep-women-in-their-place aspects -- aren't really a dime a dozen currently.

I expect these folks and others look at that "million" mark on Jingle's, Jill's and Jessa's social-media followings....say "hmmm"....then take a strong second look at the girls' not-very-impressive but "well connected" husbands.

(So, really -- Mission Accomplished, boys.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 19

11 hours ago, Zella said:

The thing that really chaps my ass about Jeremy and his intellectual pretensions is that he has never once demonstrated any true intellectual curiosity or original thought or even interest in actual scholarship. I see his hipster ink well and leather books and other stuff that, truthfully, I also enjoy from an aesthetic standpoint, but he seems to think liking those things makes him intellectual. Newsflash, Jeremy, it doesn't mean a fucking thing. 

I'd be much more interested in his intellectual posturing if he backed that shit up. As is, he's more interested in appearing to be an intellectual than doing any of the hard work actually associated with it. 

Me too. All he does is pose. Take pictures of himself. Of his books. Of his office. His pen. He's done nothing to back that up. Has he done any of the work? Opened any of those books? Shown any signs of being an intellectual?

5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

"All I have is Christ" 

OMGoodness..what a BORING life.

Even Christ had more then that. 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

All I have is Christ." But if my affiliate-marketing efforts work out as planned, I'll be getting much more than that....I already have this really expensive pen and ink and this leather notebook and this Brooks Brothers tie and....

Bitch, please.

And, no, he doesn't have to take a vow of poverty. But his focus seems to be in some pretty odd places, given what he professes. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Churchhoney.

So much all of this.  There have always been hypocrites.  

• Like 9

Isn't Jeremy still a college student studying ministry?  Why in the world would a large conference of any type, and a minister of a tiny adult day care church, allow him to be a key speaker???

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, louannems said:

Isn't Jeremy still a college student studying ministry?  Why in the world would a large conference of any type, and a minister of a tiny adult day care church, allow him to be a key speaker???

My guess would be: The Duggar Connection

I don't think it's an accident that they assembled more than one popular Duggar in that audience. 

ETA: Note the above picture where people are excited to meet Bin Seewald, another would-be church leader whose IQ and credentials are, let's face it, dwarfed by not only Jer's but Der's. The marriages have allowed all three of those guys to make their careers all about the Duggar celebrity.  If they manage to get anywhere, it'll be by riding the Duggar coattails. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 23

12 minutes ago, louannems said:

Because, Duggar.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

“Standing room only” yet there are still seats available?

That left me scratching my head, too. Jeremy's not as bright as he thinks he is. 

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And a tweed jacket with elbow patches.

I almost feel as though we have already seen this...or is it so much part of the cliché that my mind automatically added it to the picture?

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So he’s the headship...but he’s only getting “work” because of his wife, aka the lowly woman.

How do they square that circle?

Well, his wife only matters in the equation because she had her father's name, doncha know? lol

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Piper is one of the favorites speculated as name for Ben and Jessa' baby if the baby is a girl. (For those outside the USA, Piper is a popular girls' name here.) Since they name their kids after theologians, the thought is Piper after John Piper, and now they're hearing him speak. 

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"All I have is Christ." But if my affiliate-marketing efforts work out as planned, I'll be getting much more than that....I already have this really expensive pen and ink and this leather notebook and this Brooks Brothers tie and....

Bitch, please.

And, no, he doesn't have to take a vow of poverty. But his focus seems to be in some pretty odd places, given what he professes. 

If you give a Jeremy a Jinger.

if_you_give_a_mouse_a_cookie.jpg?w=900

• Like 11

15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"All I Have is Christ" "Oh, and all I need is this Chair...

jerk11.jpg

@joanarc, you won the internets today with this post! And my heart.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, graefin said:

Screenshot_20190118-020723_Instagram.jpg

lol at this picture Jessa's face looks like shes in shock, she probably cant believe all the BS Jeremy talks. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

“Standing room only” yet there are still seats available?

It's a paradox of faith. Like the loaves and the fishes. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Puffin said:

lol at this picture Jessa's face looks like shes in shock, she probably cant believe all the BS Jeremy talks. 

I think that photo was taken when Piper was speaking, not Jeremy. Piper's one of the big shots and draws big attendance. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The PreachySociety.borg -- aka, the ShutUpAndSitDownSister Society or the InsecureMenOvercompensating Society--  is so very all-male (and it's opening in early 2019!!!) : "RESOURCES. CONSULTATION. BROTHERHOOD."

I'm tired of this family and their buddies making me feel like some kind of man hater. I'm not, at all, but I do despise these stupid sexist shitheads. (of course, I pretty much despise the women they hang with, too, so I guess I'm less a man-hater and more just an overall hater.) 

I hear ya. I luckily don't know many sexist men in real life, so it's shocking to see so many on display here!!!

• Like 13

Just now, Christina87 said:

I hear ya. I luckily don't know many sexist men in real life, so it's shocking to see so many on display here!!!

You said it. It seems so unreal to me. And  most of the sexist men I do know in real life are old. Old old old. So it's even more shocking to see all these young ones. 

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You said it. It seems so unreal to me. And  most of the sexist men I do know in real life are old. Old old old. So it's even more shocking to see all these young ones. 

Bingo!!! And a lot of those old, sexist men mean well enough, but just are products of their time. I see an eighty-year-old-man who says, "don't worry your pretty little head about the bills!" in a different category than Jeremy, and other young men, who want to take away womens' rights! I was appalled when I heard the thing about women not being professors in seminary. That is soooo sickening!!!

• Like 17

Yep.  These whack job men do most of their thinking with their smaller head, aka Their Third Leg.  They're more sexist by far than even my dad (b. 1920's) was, and that says a lot.  

• Like 10

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What happens when that baby starts growing hair?  I can't wait to see what they do, still the head attire?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And did they have to dress up and take pictures for a podcast? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And did they have to dress up and take pictures for a podcast? 

Maybe they're hoping Jer'll share the photo on his six-figure instagram. Theirs only has 112 followers!

• Like 8

Is it just me or do all three of those "preachers" have wonky faces?  They all look somewhat off-kilter to me.  Not Derrick levels of off, but still quite noticeable.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Remember the pin?

I can’t imagine anything more dry and boring. A podcast about expository preaching. What a rousing good time!  Adding it to my playlist ASAP!  

• Like 15