frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

I think that film crew is in PA. They need a storyline.

eta That said, Jinger posted in flight pics with the baby earlier today, but they are masters at posting in lag time.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SMama said:

So much for MEchelle’s explanation that Jinger meant she wanted to live in a city with a Walmart. I’m glad Jinger is able to express her preference for bigger cities without being shut down by her mother, or chided by Jill. 

Yeah, I guess this WAS what the Lord had planned for her after all. Suck it, Michelle and Jill.

• Like 24

Cute photo with a comparatively "normal" set of grandparents.  I actually like Lissy's little hat in this pic.

Wonder if Miss Cathy was pissed that Jin had a girl, and Jill didn't?  I remember her (Cathy) saying she really, really wanted a granddaughter.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Cute photo with a comparatively "normal" set of grandparents.  I actually like Lissy's little hat in this pic.

Wonder if Miss Cathy was pissed that Jin had a girl, and Jill didn't?  I remember her (Cathy) saying she really, really wanted a granddaughter.

As weird as Cathy is I don’t think she thinks that deeply. She isn’t going to compare Jill to her siblings, if anything she’d compare Derrick to HIS brother. Both of Cathy’s sons have a long reproductive life ahead of them, she may get a granddaughter. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The Vuolos always look real in comparison to the Duggars, to me.

Okay. Picture #1 of Felicity that I really find remarkable. To be fair, i'm at an age where my Facebook is bombarded with pictures of babies, so i'm at the point where I don't want to see them unless they're standout cuties (I'm glad to see spurgeon or Henry any day!). Felicity has always been meh to me, though I'm sure she'll be adorable in a few years. Doesn't help that Jeremy is such a try hard. I LOVE this, though! This is truly cute. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Okay. Picture #1 of Felicity that I really find remarkable. To be fair, i'm at an age where my Facebook is bombarded with pictures of babies, so i'm at the point where I don't want to see them unless they're standout cuties (I'm glad to see spurgeon or Henry any day!). Felicity has always been meh to me, though I'm sure she'll be adorable in a few years. Doesn't help that Jeremy is such a try hard. I LOVE this, though! This is truly cute. 

Samesies haha. Felicity to me also is standard cute IMO. I like it when people post only a picture once in a while, then you really appreciate seeing their babies. My family does a shared photo thread on the Iphone which is great. I can bombard pictures there and not social media. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Samesies haha. Felicity to me also is standard cute IMO. I like it when people post only a picture once in a while, then you really appreciate seeing their babies. My family does a shared photo thread on the Iphone which is great. I can bombard pictures there and not social media. 

I have the same thing with friends, only it’s dogs. :)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The Vuolos always look real in comparison to the Duggars, to me.

"Well at least this one isn't going to kidnap me and call me the 20th Duggar child."

I fear poor Spurge and Henry are going to fall prey to the male Duggar curse. We'll see if Felicity is more Duggar or Vuolo as she gets older.

• Like 10

I’m glad the Vuolos get alone time with Felicity instead of having to see her with the Duggar vermin. Good for Jeremy not to fall into the Duggars rule his life funk.

• Like 17

Jeremy was actually at his church yesterday, so their stay in PA wasn't a long one. I am curious what their plans are for the holidays. I'm sure a visit to the Duggars will be involved.

• Like 1

Okay, I don’t speak Fundie, but “a woman desperately dependent upon God in prayer” is...weird. At the very least, it certainly doesn’t sound complimentary?

I will never understand this mindset.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I don’t speak Fundie, but “a woman desperately dependent upon God in prayer” is...weird. At the very least, it certainly doesn’t sound complimentary?

I will never understand this mindset.

That language seems to be very faddish at the moment, too. Like at this guy's website -- https://jdgreear.com/blog/pray-desperately/

And the guy who runs that site is pictured all over it with a giant grin on his face. Doesn't look desperate a bit to me. It's mostly just today's trendy church talk that doesn't actually mean much, if you ask me. .........And of course Jer's gotta be trendy. Because how else will he get a big trendy job?    

• Like 5

You know, I always wondered if the Duggars ever got food stamps.  I remember on their first or second special, JB took a few of the older girls grocery shopping.  When they checked out and explained the costs, the cash register showed a “total” and a “FS total”.  I’d never seen a cash register show that before, and I wondered if that was they way the system was set up, or whether the cashier hit the FS total.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You know, I always wondered if the Duggars ever got food stamps.  I remember on their first or second special, JB took a few of the older girls grocery shopping.  When they checked out and explained the costs, the cash register showed a “total” and a “FS total”.  I’d never seen a cash register show that before, and I wondered if that was they way the system was ser up, oe whether the cashier hit the FS total.  

While the family would have qualified for foodstamps,  I can't see JB showing his financial records to a social worker. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Lunera said:

I wonder if Jinger can come up with anything as close to this about Mullet.

I think we all know the answer to that -- no, of course not.

First of all, J'chelle has literally done nothing with her life except breed. She has no interests and no skills. She has no interest in other people or the world around her. She has put in no effort, no work, no study, and no practice into developing a talent or mastering a craft. She's a big blob of nothing with a mullet on top.

Secondly, I doubt that Jeremy has been forced, year after year, to write a laudatory screed devoted to his mother for the family web site. He appears to genuinely admire his mother because she might actually have admirable qualities -- something completely alien to the Duggar spawn. I think that it's possible that the birth of a daughter (and his experience around his MIL) has given him some new appreciation for his mother. I find this post pretentious and ridiculous, but also pretty sweet.

• Like 23

She studied with Dorothy DeLay? *jaw drop* I’m seriously impressed. I really hope she will encourage Jinger to get some additional music training.

• Like 14

Felicity's eyes look blue on that photo...they seem to have looked brown in most of the pictures we've seen of her so far. I know babies' eye color changes from when they are first born, but that seems a pretty drastic change. I'm surprised.

• Like 4

Josie's sack of a tent dress looks like something my 300 lb Aunt wears to weddings!  Why the cardigan on Hannie?  Everyone, except Mackenzie look depressed.

Are they posing in a public bathroom stall¿

Edited by louannems
  • Like 24

36 minutes ago, louannems said:

Josie's sack of a tent dress looks like something my 300 Aunt wears to weddings!  Why the cardigan on Hannie?  Everyone, except Mackenzie look depressed.

Well she could be wearing the mustard colored cardigan.  At least this one goes with the peach color theme which I guess they were going for. 

I'm still speechless over Josie's tent dress. Not sure if the corsage makes it or breaks it. Lol.

• Like 16

The sweater is to disguise Johanna's bust line and more mature figure so she still fits with the younger girls.  My impression of the sack on Josie was a play on an angel costume, but in peach instead of white and skipping the obvious wings.  I believe these are Duggar attempts at sublety.  

• Like 17

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Josie's sack of a tent dress looks like something my 300 Aunt wears to weddings!  Why the cardigan on Hannie?  Everyone, except Mackenzie look depressed.

Sure sign of a happy heart, you know.

51 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

What in the fresh hell is she wearing??????????

I'd guess that 'Kynzie's wearing the top of her mom's tee-shirt-style wedding dress, with a few tiers of her grandmother's tin-man costume tacked onto the bottom as a skirt. ... All held together by some sort of sequined belt they nabbed off a prom gown from the Goodwill that they've been looting for dress clothes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Oh dear God.  Look at this mess.

5Girls.jpg

Surely the older girls here dressed Josie as a way of trolling Miracle, Me-chelle, and JimBob.  

At least we know we'll never see Felicity dressed in such a fashion disaster like Josie is here.  Jeremy wouldn't have it. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Like 11

21 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The sweater is to disguise Johanna's bust line and more mature figure so she still fits with the younger girls.  My impression of the sack on Josie was a play on an angel costume, but in peach instead of white and skipping the obvious wings.  I believe these are Duggar attempts at sublety.  

Yeah I agree. Johannah is young lady now (13 last month yes) and looks as such, not a “little girl”. 

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Surely the older girls here dressed Josie as a way of trolling Miracle, Me-chelle, and JimBob.  

At least we know we'll never see Felicity dressed like Josie is here.  Jeremy wouldn't have it. 

Dunno...he’s the one pimping this sad CD. If Felicity had been born a month earlier she might have been swaddled  in peach satin and propped up dead center.

I don’t want to know how screwed up a person would have to be to spend money to listen to a bunch of little kids caterwauling under the watchful glare of Jim Bob.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Like 9