SilverStormm

The Vet Life

I just stumbled upon this show and. I love it! The cases are interesting and I just can't look away from the surgeries. I'm so sad the little lizard passed away. The owner loved her so much. That was hard for me to watch.

i actually like Blue a lot. Is he playing it up for TV, absolutely. But he is the center of the show. His young brother having a heart attack at 37 is scary. I love how they share so much of themselves with us. Further, I think showing that they are just regular people can encourage more people to go in to medicine. 

Are Re the brothers this fine in Houston? I think it should be on my list to consider for relocation.

I look forward to the new season. I have the previous seasons that I recorded on DVDs. 

This is one of those rare shows where I look forward to watching without seeking to look out for something to snark on. 

• Like 1

It's nice to have this show back; Pit Bulls & Parolees followed by this makes for my kind of Saturday night.  I even skipped football while those were on, since it was the Patriots.  If Dr. Jeff was on, too, I'd be in heaven.  Yes, I am wild and crazy.

Jetta the goat's face is so adorable.  I'm glad she lucked into surviving, but I cannot with people who have a clear method of help available to them and decide, pah, science, I'll roll the dice on hoping for the best.

The owner who figured out how to use her cell phone's camera in order to record her dog's seizure tickled me.

Jasper looks a bit like my friend's cat of the same name, and it was funny that even sedated, the one thing he reacted negatively to was hydrotherapy.  Cats and water, man (although I had one who loved warm water, and my parents have one who likes sitting out in the rain - so he can be thoroughly toweled and brushed afterward, I think).  I took one look at the flesh on that leg, and the lack of circulation below it, and with my untrained eye figured he was going to lose the leg.  But they do well as tripods in general, and at only a year old, he's strong and will probably adapt particularly well.  Good for his sister alerting them to his predicament.

Kyerra's return to work and recounting of all the offers of help she got from her work family was touching. 

It was good to see Austin Pets Alive! showcased; friends in the area speak highly of it in general, and particularly for its Harvey efforts, integral in moving animals already in Houston shelters to Austin and elsewhere, so the Houston shelters would have room for displaced pets without having to euthanize the animals who'd been there, waiting for adoption.

The runt of the litter of puppies looked so pathetic, I loved the P.A. taking him - and joking about his discount on vet care.

"There's, like, an aftertaste to the funk" as Dr. Blue processed the smell upon opening his brother's fridge was funny.

• Like 3

I missed the very end so I’m happy Jetta made it! ? 

I have an eight month old blind kitten, Aemon Targaryen, who has seizures. His vet asked me to record them on my phone, but I get too caught up in moment to remember to do it! I do keep a seizure diary.

So glad Cy-Faire wasn’t flooded. Glad the show is back!

• Like 2

I missed the ending, too-- glad to hear the goat survived.

I had a cat have a seizure once and it freaked me out. I rushed her to the nearest vet, who scared me even worse, talking about how if it goes on too long her temperature could skyrocket and I should pack her in ice immediately and that the real thing to worry about is "status" seizures which go on and on and they never come out of it. I mean, it was ONE seizure! This was not my regular vet, it was just the closest one I could find because I was in a panic. Never went back there!! And it never happened again, so it blew over. But I was interested to hear them say on this show that it's not that big of a deal if they seem otherwise OK and it doesn't happen too often.

Does anyone know why they call their practice Cy Fair? It's not related to the names of the particular doctors, nor the location, as far as I can figure. Is it a chain and they're a local franchise? Have they ever explained?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Does anyone know why they call their practice Cy Fair? It's not related to the names of the particular doctors, nor the location, as far as I can figure. Is it a chain and they're a local franchise? Have they ever explained?

Just Googled them, the address of their practice is actually in Cypress, TX and Cy-Fair is a community/neighborhood and suburb of Houston.  

• Like 4

I knew all about that femoral head removal surgery from watching Dr. Jeff! Aurora was so pretty with her blue eye and her brown eye.

Glad Baby Cakes got such a good mom after the miserable life she had led. Wonder how many litters she had had.

• Like 2

Aw, Bella. That had me bawling. :-( I had gotten myself composed then Dr. Blue gave her parents the paw print...bawled again!

Nugget was a cutie pie. So tiny.

• Like 2

Poor Bella. ?  It might have been better to just let her go rather than subject her to that surgery with that massive growth.  

• Like 2

I think they had to take the chance with Bella.  If it didn't work, as it didn't, it only extended her (poor-quality-of-) life by a couple of days.  If it did, though, she'd have had extra good months (not just extra months, but good months).  Having tried gave the owners the peace of knowing they'd given her the best chance, but didn't require Bella to endure a prolonged death to give them that.

• Like 2

It is such a devastating choice to make.   Our 18 year old cat started getting bladder infections one after the other for about 3 months.  Then she started peeing on the kitchen counter and her fur became all matted.  She just did not look or act like herself.  The poor thing would not get off the counter and would not eat or drink. She was off her antibiotics one day when she started peeing blood all over the stove top.  I knew in my heart what needed to be done.  I took her to the vet and she told me that it was probably bladder cancer and if I wanted we could go the surgery chemo route but that would give her a few sickly and painful months at most.  The vet reassured me that I had done everything possible because I did not want to put her to sleep just because she kept peeing on the stove.  The vet said my kitty was letting me know it was time.  So I made the most painful choice in my life and let her go.  I held her as the vet gave her the shot and she had the most peaceful look on her face as she drifted away.   

Bella's parents needed to try for their own peace of mind just as I tried with multiple rounds of medication for my cat.  It looked like Bella's illness came on so fast.  I can't blame them for trying.  I also would not have blamed them for making the other painful choice.  Dr. Blue was pretty clear that Bella's odds were not good.                   

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 11:06 AM, possibilities said:

I was surprised the aquarium company didn't know what temperature to make the water in the turtle's tank, nor that they needed a UV light.

I was surprised they didn't use those other famewhores from Tanked, because they seem to play to the same audience.  (For the record, I was team Fish Tank Kings).

Popeye the coatimundi was cute. I’m glad they mentioned that coatis don’t make good pets. That was one mighty long canine!

Poor Wolfgang. Bet it did hurt to pee! 

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think they said April 5, but I'm not sure, because Animal Planet's site is very hard for me to navigate.  

I think that is right.

• Like 1