OnceSane

S05.E10: Belize It or Not

Viewer #11 or #12 here - I lost count of who chimed in.  I don't comment much b/c you guys always cover what I'm thinking lol  

I will say that even though all of these people are awful - I agree with whoever here said they look like alot of fun.  However, my tune would probably change once they put their nose in my business.  

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:16 AM, charmed1 said:

Because I, like Christine Baskets, shop at Costco

What's your stance on curly fries?  (sorry, but I love her)  Dasaaaanniiiii

For real though, what does Shervin do for a living?  Or is this inherited money? 

• Like 1

Ugly Reza is such a Tool and a Dool. 

At least BRAVO didn't pimp a Mike and Jessica Wedding Special.  Like everyone, they knew the relationship was doom and the marriage was going to be a train wreck.

• Like 6

I watch this show too..just haven't posted till now.

Jessica/Mike - I still believe Jessica married him to get access to her trust fund early. Once she knew the money would be cleared, she dropped the asshole. But I also believe she lives beyond her means (family handouts) so whatever money she got by doing Shahs was spending money for her. I also think she and Mike had already signed a contract for this season and to avoid being sued they both agreed to film and each have their own storyline/agenda to bring to film. She wants him to admit he cheated on film. He wants to film they have a strong marriage. He will never admit he cheated. I don't get Jessica cause he cheated while they dated, he cheated while they were engaged, he cheated after they got married. So why is this cheat incident so different?

Reza - this show has made his head bigger. He has deluded himself into believing that still comes across as a wonderful caring friend as opposed to he will do whatever the producer suggests. As long as he is a shit stirrer, people are concentrating on other cast members issues and not bringing to light to things they want kept in the dark.

GG - she has been the target for several seasons because it is easy. She has a short fuse, she's a messy drunk, and she'll jump even if she is sober. I do think she has RA, but I also think she uses her RA to excuse her excessive bad behavior (with the drinking and trash talking) I'm in pain with my RA so I have to drink to dull the pain. I lash out at people, not because I'm psychotic, but because I'm in so much pain. However MJ, Reza, Mike are all nasty drunks too.

Shervin - when they were discussing where to go...he asks GG can you just chill and have a drink. This is the same man saying that he has enabled her and she drinks too much - you seriously told her to have a drink

I was hoping when GG said you all need to look in the mirror that she would jump up and say Shervin come out of the closet and admit you and Reza get it on occasionally.

I can understand Adam not being able to get away for the Belize trip. My question is why wasn't he at Asa's fashion show?

Asa - has no right in calling anyone for not being authentic on this show. I understand her man won't film - but she doesn't even mention him and nor do any of the other cast members.

MJ - was she even really calling Tommy from Belize? I thought the dude packed up in the middle of the night and booked.

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'd be out the moment these assholes started throwing food around.

I'd hang out with this people just for the food...sit back and eat it like popcorn while watching the drama unfold. First thing I'd do is cut a piece of cake and put it on the side as they seem t have a thing and cakes don't get eaten

• Like 6

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I was hoping when GG said you all need to look in the mirror that she would jump up and say Shervin come out of the closet and admit you and Reza get it on occasionally.

I also think Shervin is a closet case, but he can do a lot better than Reza given his looks and personality (well, until the ugly side reared its head recently).

GG needs to stop being the punching bag for this group. 

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, terminalpreppy said:

Do all amercians drink booze out of those stupid red cups? At shervins house  they all sat around the pool at night drinking out of them. What are they - frat kids? doesnt that trend die once you leave college? i personally would be shocked to rock up at a friends place for drinks / dinner or whatever and drink out of plastic cups. Shervin has a glamorous expensive home, cant you put your drinks in glasses?

Given how often Reeza starts food fights and throwing things around, I wouldn't want to being out anything that could get broken.

• Like 3

Yes, the red cups seem to be big with Kandi (RHOA) too, for all their money they could go to Target and buy some inexpensive barware, it makes a nicer presentation, even the acrylic wine glasses look good if they are worried about pool side drinking and breakage.

Who appointed Reza as the resident Dr. Phil?  Seems like last season everyone hated Jessica, they were such bullies toward her. I guess this is a great way to get a story line, piss off your friend you just got back in good graces by demanding he confess (with camera's rolling) that he has cheated on his wife. 
Fabulous, with friends like these who needs enemies.

My impression of Belize is that is a scuba diving destination and not much else goes on there.  I wonder if they will tour the island or at least go to a restaurant, anything to get out of their hotel.  Aruba would have been a good choice, it is so beautiful and lots of great restaurants and bars. JMO

• Like 1

I think the red solo cups are very prevalent on reality TV for two reasons. The first is that if kids are underage, you can't tell what's in them. I think it was one of the Laguna Beach/Hills iterations that alluded to this. Secondly, I think they are encouraged to drink out of them to avoid having to show (or blur) labels on beer/wine bottles, etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, the red cups seem to be big with Kandi (RHOA) too, for all their money they could go to Target and buy some inexpensive barware, it makes a nicer presentation, even the acrylic wine glasses look good if they are worried about pool side drinking and breakage.

Who appointed Reza as the resident Dr. Phil?  Seems like last season everyone hated Jessica, they were such bullies toward her. I guess this is a great way to get a story line, piss off your friend you just got back in good graces by demanding he confess (with camera's rolling) that he has cheated on his wife. 
Fabulous, with friends like these who needs enemies.

My impression of Belize is that is a scuba diving destination and not much else goes on there.  I wonder if they will tour the island or at least go to a restaurant, anything to get out of their hotel.  Aruba would have been a good choice, it is so beautiful and lots of great restaurants and bars. JMO

Exactly, why go to Belize and stay in that land locked hotel?  Such a random pick/sponsor.  

• Like 1

In the words of Betty Draper, "My people are Nordic", and how these people interact is as foreign to me as watching how the gorillas in the mist interact.  Are people really this mean to their friends/"family"?  This intrusive and nosy?  I feel like either you can serve the tough love, or you can badger the shit out of someone, but badgering someone with tough love, like they are doing with GG and Mike, is obnoxious and unhelpful and no way to be a friend.

And I'm glad someone else mentioned MJ's clothes.  Does she actually wear those clothes around the city, to the grocery store and Target and stuff?  It's totally inappropriate.

• Like 3

Mike you wanted your cake and to eat it too and it didnt work out thay way.

For all jessicas faults mike faulted too. Now you have to live with the consequences. Both of you

• Like 2

On June 20, 2016 at 2:38 AM, voiceover said:

This is no defense of MJ -- Shervin totally called her on the self-sabotage -- but I know firsthand, the power of an Iranian parent yapping in your ear about the mistakes they're JUST SURE you're making.

(This is all noted with sorrow and affection.  I miss you so much my darling Papa-joon, and would give anything to hear you boss me around again.)

I know what you mean. I have a friend form "Persia" as she calls it and she is wonderful...full of life. Reminds me of Asa

• Like 1

On June 20, 2016 at 10:15 AM, bichonblitz said:

My neighbor has RA and has chemo treatments. I think she takes a pill, though. 

Its not really chemo...The pill is probably old school Methotrexate and that is used as chemo drug for cancer but when taken for arthritis, its taken differently and not considered chemo. 
 I think Gigi is getting a dose of Remicade next week in IV form to....it is not considered chemo but she can call it that if she wants...it is serious, heavy duty stuff

• Like 3

On 6/21/2016 at 11:06 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

I am sooooo not a prude, but I despise a red solo cup.  They make clear ones (my preference) and colored ones, red ones just bug the shit out of me.  

I always say when you see a red solo cup, nothing good is going on inside.

On 6/21/2016 at 1:01 PM, announcergirl said:

But ahhh, when you see a red solo cup you know we bout to turn up! A beacon, if you will, to drunks everywhere!

See? I rest my case. LOL.

These people are getting too old to be a "crew" or "the gang" anymore. Especially Reza. I'm noticing Asa trying to downplay the drama she's involved in more and more every season. I cannot with MJ, never could, even when she was the darling of fans. She's even more unappealing now. Gross, thirsty and oh so convinced she's just the qweutestwittlething! Barf. Vida, come get your girl.

GG ... I've always had a spot for her. She's her own worst enemy. For all she does, it's invariably always her who gets hurt by it.   

• Like 2

On 6/20/2016 at 4:25 PM, Willowsmom said:

Anyone else think Tommy ran like the wind and will never be heard from again?

He'll be back because the milk is free.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:20 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Jessica/Mike - I still believe Jessica married him to get access to her trust fund early. Once she knew the money would be cleared, she dropped the asshole...

I'd hang out with this people just for the food...sit back and eat it like popcorn while watching the drama unfold. First thing I'd do is cut a piece of cake and put it on the side as they seem t have a thing and cakes don't get eaten

Back it up, peep peep. I missed this!! Jessica has a trust fund AND had to get married to access it?! Explains a WHOLE  LOT.

Yes to the food thing. Damn these people throw it down at mealtime.