SilverStormm

The Nanny

Miss Dee, on 05 Apr 2016 - 4:25 PM, said:

The Niles and CC rivalry. There was never chemistry like it, and there'll never be again.

Truth.  Especially once it was shown that underneath the mutual loathing, the two really were madly in love with each other.

• Like 4

I sometimes feel like Sylvia is my spirit animal. I just want to go around eating as well.

I have been rewatching the show on TV Land in the mornings while I get ready for work. So funny

• Like 2

On 8/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, MaggieG said:

I sometimes feel like Sylvia is my spirit animal. I just want to go around eating as well.

I have been rewatching the show on TV Land in the mornings while I get ready for work. So funny

My mother takes the same heart medicine as Sylvia. I spoonful of Hersheys syrup :) 

On 4/5/2016 at 7:25 PM, Miss Dee said:

The Niles and CC rivalry. There was never chemistry like it, and there'll never be again.

I completely agree. I can sit back and think of so many things that they done to each other. Classic! 

• Like 2

There's going to be a New Year's Day The Nanny marathon on COZI TV from 9:30am/8:30am to 8pm/7pm.

Here in Chicagoland northern suburbs that's 5.2 OTA (Over The Air).

It starts with the pilot.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2016 at 4:25 PM, Miss Dee said:

I just sought this forum out because of a scene between these two.

They were effin genius together.

• Like 1

Lately they've been airing episodes as much as 3 times a day here on COZI TV, so I've been catching quite a few. 

3 hours ago, sskrill said:
On April 5, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Miss Dee said:

I just sought this forum out because of a scene between these two.

They were effin genius together.

The Niles-C.C. pairing never made sense to me, and Daniel Davis agrees in this interview, but having now watched parts of the series multiple times, it occurred to me that the writers could have set it up that way from the beginning: To me, Niles always seemed to be written as gay, and he always made jokes about C.C. being manly. But I don't see any references to this as a plot arc online. 

In my case, I'm not talking about the coupledom - I'm talking about the rivalry.  He could push her buttons in the worst way.

I could sort of see him falling for her, but it was less believable that she'd fall for him.

*Sigh* I guess I knew it would happen eventually.

Here's the new COZI line up.

No more daytime The Nanny. (It's on M-F midnight-2am -- although my CT Zap2it shows 1-3am.)

It looks like they're online in low-resolution but not streaming on any of the usual services.

The DVDs are available, but once my DVD player and 2009 laptop die, they would be coasters.

Hopefully Hulu or some other service will pick it up eventually.

Edited by shapeshifter

For those who are interested, The Nanny is being broadcast on Logo. They do seem to move it around a bit. I.E., today, Saturday, January 26, it's on from 8:00am  through 12n EST. On Monday, January 28, 9:00am - 12n EST, and Friday, February 1, 12n - 3:00pm EST. So if you have Logo, check your local listings!