Kip Hackman

Superstore In the Media

I've read the episode titles and synopses and it seems that they are doing all the kooky tradition episodes before Halloween -the crazy Mateo creativity, the games in the store, the A&J competitive episode. Which makes me think we have a dark twist/ major switch up coming from November sweeps. Maybe HQ give Jonah a new job... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Is there a reason for this? Is there some show or sports event that needed the slot? I just thinks it hurts the show. Seems like networks are caring less and less about sitcoms these days. 

The reason is that NBC has decided to fix their ratings problems with their favorite trick of putting on a mindless reality competition (Titan Games) and then trying to run all of their sitcoms without breaks in the 9pm hour. And Superstore gets pushed back since it doesn't get the hype or awards attention of The Good Place or Brooklyn Nine-Nine and has demonstrated that it's ratings are not really dependent on its lead in. Plus networks have learned that Fox style random scheduling shuffling shows around and airing a couple episodes here, a couple their and then a month of reruns is the quickest way to kill a show so they would rather take a chance on breaking up the season into 2 short seasons, cable style.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Is there a reason for this? Is there some show or sports event that needed the slot? I just thinks it hurts the show. Seems like networks are caring less and less about sitcoms these days. 

Titan Games was supposed to air on Wednesdays but NBC decided they would rather delay one of the comedies than break up the Chicago shows. With Titan Games airing on Thursday there is only room for 2 sitcoms and they went with Brooklyn 99 and Will & Grace. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Dani said:

Titan Games was supposed to air on Wednesdays but NBC decided they would rather delay one of the comedies than break up the Chicago shows. With Titan Games airing on Thursday there is only room for 2 sitcoms and they went with Brooklyn 99 and Will & Grace. 

B99 and Superstore would have been the better pair.  But then I wasn't feeling the W&G reboot and bowed out.  And shows like Titan Games are just not my thing. 

I was looking forward to the return of Superstore after The Good Place season finale; I miss it!

• Like 4