maraleia

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

I feel like we should have been credited in this article. Was someone reading this forum? Or were all these things so obvious that anyone watching with any critical thinking would see these things?

Its weird that I dont see more people point out these flaws. Other than on the boards and in rare instances like this article, people either complain about things that are more like symptoms than actual issues (like its "confusing" is actually due to poor worldbuilding) or non-issues. (Like Swan Queen not getting together.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Muppet fans, be very very afraid.

As a Muppet fan, I want to die.

It looks like it's going to take place in the 1980s, so there will be more cringy Tron references.

I'm very scared of the inevitable Regina/Lana Parilla muppet. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

10 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

#23:

So when we learned Henry had this power, it was rather disappointing that he broke the Author pen rather than utilized it or even learned more of its powers first.  It’s hard to understand why the writers would abandon such an interesting storyline.

Clearly, whoever wrote this episode didn't watch past the Season 4 finale.  "Such an interesting storyline"?  LOL.  

And finally #1:

So why not end it on a high note with the season six finale rather than attempting to keep it going? It’s just not rational.

If this person thinks the Season 6 finale is a high-note, then it sounds like they were hardly bothered by these 30 "things that make no sense".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

If this person thinks the Season 6 finale is a high-note, then it sounds like they were hardly bothered by these 30 "things that make no sense".  

I think a lot of people regarded the S6 finale as "high note" simply for the montage. Everyone was happy and it felt very "final". The rest of S6 and its finale were horrible, but I believe most fans were fine with where it left the main characters. They were (mostly) satisfied. Captain Swan were married, Regina and Zelena found their places in the "family", Rumpbelle had their baby, and Snowing got their easy farm life. The S7 finale was a bunch of WTF. It was the opposite of S6's - it was a decent finale episode, but had a bad ending. The S6 finale was, conversely, a bad episode with a decent ending.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AnotherCastle said:

Oh, damn, I'd love to give it a try since I love Ginnifer Goodwin and Lucy Lui but I don't want to subscribe to CBS All Access. Can't they put it on CBS?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

As a Muppet fan, I want to die.

The arc is going to be called "Save Rowlf".  Kermit will need everyone's skills and they'll all have to work together, and the series will begin with Kermit recruiting everyone like Rumple did in "Darkness at the Edge of Town".  In flashback, we will find out what everyone had been up to in the missing year.  Everyone did something really bad and shameful and they find out redemption is possible.  Eventually, they realize Rowlf was kidnapped to an Alternate Manhattan where the Muppets' evil counterparts live.  In the climax, they all wish on a fountain which solves all their problems and they're all ready for their "happy beginnings".  

Seriously though, I will probably watch it like the muppet glutton I am. I thought some of the ABC series was kind of funny, but the whole Kermit/Miss Piggy break-up and the realism really turned people off. They wanted something more like the classic Muppet Show. I'm not sure how they can put the muppets in a binge-watching format, but if it's funny, people will watch regardless. The problem is that A&E dont do humor well. A lot of the visual gags and snarky remarks in OUAT were amateur at best. What they'll probably end up doing is having a ton of obscure cameos (both human and muppet) and attempt a serialized storyline with cheap drama. A&E most likely have two or three great ideas, but everything in between will be dreck. Itll be one half-decent storyline for just the first season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Seriously though, I will probably watch it like the muppet glutton I am.

Dear fan,

We knew we would draw you back some way somehow.  😉

Yours truly,

A&E

2 hours ago, superloislane said:

Are A&E just the go-to writers for literally anything set in the 80s? What is it about that era that makes them so obsessed with it? The shoulder pads?

Thank God they haven't touched Stranger Things.

4 hours ago, superloislane said:

Are A&E just the go-to writers for literally anything set in the 80s? What is it about that era that makes them so obsessed with it? The shoulder pads?

The 80s are to Gen X what the 50s were to the Baby Boomers. It's nostalgia for their childhood and youth. In the 70s, we got a lot of movies and TV series about the 50s. Now it's 80s nostalgia, and I think it tends to be something that people who don't have a lot of originality resort to.