Chicken Wing

Wake Up, San Francisco! Full(er) House Media

Yea!

I know people like to hate on this show as being dumb but I love it. Sometimes I need dumb TV just to relax to. I'm so excited for season 4. I'm wondering if it'll be their last.

What I love about this show is that they all seem to be having so much fun and so I, as a viewer, have fun. Their song and dance numbers and their all around silliness is great. As opposed to another TGIF show that got a reboot on Disney (Girl Meets World). It didn't look like anyone on that show was having fun. It was soooo serous. I just couldn't.

As nostalgic as I am, I liked DJ better with Matt than with Steve. I know Steve makes more sense because of their history but I just don't really care for his character on Fuller House. And I think they had Kimmy get back with Fernando too soon. I think they should've had all the girls face single life together and do their she-wolf thing longer before getting all the girls involved with guys. They could've worked to getting them paired off eventually but I felt like it happened too fast.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Aryanna said:

Yea!

I know people like to hate on this show as being dumb but I love it. Sometimes I need dumb TV just to relax to. I'm so excited for season 4. I'm wondering if it'll be their last.

I love it too.  I don't even care how stupid is, it just makes me smile.

• Like 4

Whatever this show's flaws may be, I continue to be an absolute sucker for Kimmy and Stephanie having grown into a friendship. I had no idea I’d been waiting 30 years for that too... but apparently I was.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, greekmom said:

Anyone know if it's been renewed? We have to see a Tanner-Gibbler wedding and find out the baby's name !

I was just thinking that we have to have another season, just so we could get the series finale of a triple wedding; DJ/ Steve, Jimmy/Fernando, and Steph/Jimmy. 

• Like 3

Lol, I just realised I put Jimmy/Fernando together in the post above (Freudian slip 😉). I meant Kimmy/Fernando of course. 

I was surprised to see the nomination too, which is why I posted it here. I believe networks submit shows, so part of it could be a push from Netflix and part of it could be recognition for portraying a gay character on a family friendly show. I don’t know.

I'm ok with the fifth season being the last season. I am happy that they get to conclude the series. I imagine it'll be 13-16 episodes, and I have some predictions on what they'll include.

But yeah, strangely happy that it wasn't outright cancelled!

• Like 2

I'll be sad to see it go because this is truly a fun show. I love when new episodes come out. I can understand ending it at 5 seasons but I wish that they would have more episodes per season. With this and Hollywood Darlings being canceled I'll have to look elsewhere for a 90s/TGIF fix.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, memememe76 said:

I thought this show was a big hit for Netflix. I am surprised. 

It was a big hit in the first season, but then had a pretty big drop for season 2. But I was assuming it was still high enough rated/watched to keep Netflix happy, since we got seasons 3 and 4. I guess either it declined more or the actors wanted more money? Although I'm not sure any of them (except maybe John Stamos) have better offers. So probably a Netflix call.

I'm a little disappointed, but honestly it isn't really that fantastic a show. It's just nostalgia for me. Glad they have a final season they know will be the end to leave on a good note. I'm really hoping they have Michelle make an appearance, even with a recast. 

• Like 3

I mean, 5 seasons is pretty good, especially by Netflix standards. I'm pretty sure they were probably only contracted for 5 seasons, and if they had gone beyond the 5 seasons they would have gotten pay bumps and the viewership figures weren't supporting that.

The season 4 finale definitely felt like it could have been a series finale.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, 5 seasons is pretty good, especially by Netflix standards. I'm pretty sure they were probably only contracted for 5 seasons, and if they had gone beyond the 5 seasons they would have gotten pay bumps and the viewership figures weren't supporting that.

The season 4 finale definitely felt like it could have been a series finale.

I also wonder if it's a new tread with a lot of Netflix shows. Many are ending this year such as Orange is the New Black and Grace and Eve. Shows that are in their 8th seasons and many have said they started losing it about 3 years ago and dragging things out. Streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Freeform do see when a show is getting both expensive and losing interest unlike many networks that say: "Well if it's pulling in ratings, keep it going." 

On 1/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Anyone know why Fuller House is getting canceled? Could it be due to low ratings?

As mentioned the ratings dropped by about 50% from season 1 to season 2 and then stayed steady which means Netflix knew it had a loyal audience but that number is only worth so much to them. I am a fan of any family friendly show I can watch with my kids so I am sad to see it go. I saw some people arguing why are soaps kept on for 50 years but Fuller house cancelled. Soap actors make almost nothing and producing shows is all about money. If the fuller house cast is so sad about the show ending, they should say they will work for much less. I love Days of our lives and I was shocked when a family member died and a long time Days cast member was working at the funeral home. They made less then 50k a year  working on Days so in CA you would need a second job to live basically. They still acted on Days because of the fans and keeping the show going for the many generations that watch together.

• Like 2

I mean, I honestly feel like the character arcs on the show are pretty much nearly complete. And again, I don't think the viewing figures would justify the contract renegotiation they would have had to do in order to keep the show going.

I really hope Andrea continues acting, even if it's just a thinly veiled Kimmy Gibbler on like an Freeform sitcom.

• Like 1