saoirse

Dead Like Me

Love Callum Blue--always a smile whenever I happen to see him in anything--because of DLM. Remember the purple post-it that so freaked Mason out? Wonderful!

Opposite for Eric McCormack--I still see the evil in his eyes--even when he's playing a "good" guy.

Been years since I've watched any episodes. Just looked at Amazon DVDs for DLM--prices all over the place for the complete series and the separate seasons, with or without the movie (that I never saw).

I actually didn't hate the movie. Could it have better sure, but there were good parts. Mainly all the scenes with Reggie and George. I love how they had Reggie realize that she was George. My theory on why George was able to talk to her unlike her mother in season 1 was because Reggie already believed (at least sub-consciously) that she was out there.  I also liked Reggies interaction with Joy. Mason as always.

The bad was Daisy. Seriously why did they have the actress act that bad (or maybe she was just a bad actress). I get that they couldn't get the real Daisy back, so they should have at least tried to make her seem like the same character. I also didn't like how ridiculous Desmond was (I don't remember his character name) so I'll just go with Desmond ;). It didn't really make sense why he would be put in charge if he could careless about following the rules. And of course how out of character Roxy was too. Though she did get back to herself by the end of the movie.

I did like that George became the leader at the end, I just wish it didn't end in a cliffhanger.

I totally adore this show. It dealt with death and the trauma of grief in a realistic way. When I see a marathon on I always check in. The closest show to it was Pushing Daisies.

• Like 2

This is one of my favourite shows. I need to set my newer DVR to record any marathons that might air, like I used to. They would show up at the perfect time.

Reggie is so downbeat. I know she's grieving for her sister, but I didn't think about it until just now that she's really just like Georgia.

I really like Callum Blue's character, Mason. He may be be an opportunist and a hedonist, but he's very caring -- and entertaining.

• Like 5

I liked Betty. 

I really miss this show. I started watching it when my mum went into the hospital, and I found it on Amazon Prime, and watched the rest of it after she died. I still have trouble saying that. Last weekend was the anniversary of her going into the hospital. I watched DLM with mum, on DVD, eleven years ago. As soon as I watched the opening of the pilot, I knew mum would like it, so I asked her if she wanted to watch it with me, and started it again. 

I'm going to see if I can find it on cable. I don't think I have comet TV. I wish it was still on Amazon, or on Netflix. I have this weird attachment to this show.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:56 PM, Anela said:

I'm going to see if I can find it on cable. I don't think I have comet TV. I wish it was still on Amazon, or on Netflix. I have this weird attachment to this show.

I didn't watch the show when it was on Showtime, because I couldn't afford the premium channels. However, I just got rid of cable and went to antenna and streaming. I have been watching a lot of stuff on Hulu, and ran across this show. All 29 episodes are on Hulu. I think I just started the second season. 

Sorry about your mom. 

loved bryan fuller's other shows (pushing daisies and wonderfalls) so i was excited when i came across this on amazon prime. in episode 4, george was figuring out why a..holes seemed to be treated better than nice people; closing out the requisite clips of a..holes (hilter, idi amin) was none other than our current a..hole-in-chief. that show is from the early 2000s, so how prescient was bryan fuller? 

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Like 2