OnceSane

S19.E10: PC Principal Final Justice

The gentrification of South Park is pricing Randy right out of town. Meanwhile, Kyle's distrust of Stan has broken their friendship and thrown Kyle into a dangerous alliance.

This was, again, intense. That ending was both anticlimatic but great and satisfying. Whole Foods just ups and leaves was hilarious. This isn't the end, Garrison & Jenner are going to be here mocking the election next year.

Ah ha, instead of Mimsy, we have Claaaassi.

Portraying the South Park Gun Show like the National Dog Show? Brilliant.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

That was insane. This sure sure has a lot of balls to mck gun violence/gun control laws in light of recent events. Though I did love the Marsh family Mexican standoff.

Mackey was the one that Principal Victoria fired? Didn't see that coming.

So they're actually keeping PC Principal on for next season?

• Like 1

The Gun Show was fantastic!  Along with Nathan getting his comeuppance.

So, the message is we need to calm down and talk?  That's nothing new.  But it's drowned out by events and the media.  And, as Stan says, it's really hard to be "understanding" when there's so many unreasonable people and things out there.

I love how Randy was saying "Shelly".  I also love that Stan's whole family got a more active role in this episode.

• Like 1

I was surprised that PC Principal is apparently sticking around.

The cut to the kids all having easily obtained guns was my favourite joke of the evening.

• Like 3

Is PC Principal Schwarzenegger's Terminator to Leslie's Robert Patrick's Terminator?

Because didn't they reveal a couple episodes ago that PC Principal was also an ad.  Insidious plot to make the town think its over when really the ads are getting sneakier.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Like 1

ParadoxLost, on 09 Dec 2015 - 9:44 PM, said:

Is PC Principal Schwarzenegger's Terminator to Leslie's Robert Patrick's Terminator?

Neither.  He might be Rick Deckard from Blade Runner.

Also, it was quite fitting that Leslie died by fist instead of a gun. (The ONLY two characters who weren't holding guns at that)

But I have to take points off for PC Principal not finishing Leslie off by saying "shut your piehole."

Edited by Galileo908

Not as epic as I would have liked but great ending and another fun South Park two-parter.  Interesting that PC Principal is sticking around...I wonder if this ad storyline will continue next season.  That next experiment by this show?

Loved the Shelley and Randy argument.

Gotta love Grandpa Marsh eating through the standoff. Aside from dissing the non-Whole Foods chicken earlier in the season, how long has it been since we heard from him?

I knew the Garrison/Jenner storyline would flow into next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they become the show's version of Uncle Duke from Doonesbury running in 2000.

Anybody else amused about how Cartman went up the stairs? He's like a fleshy Dalek, just hovering over the steps.

ETA for Galileo908 . . . I don't think Jimmy was armed. His hands are usually always full.

• Like 3

Best LOL for me: "Who would use a Cosby joke to push their own agenda?"

That was pretty epic. I didn't expect cliffhangers, and I wonder how current any of this will seem in 9 months when we get the next season. But I don't feel like anything important from earlier in the season was simply dropped, and that's very satisfying.   (Much better than last season, which felt like references were connected but not resolved.

Neither.  He might be Rick Deckard from Blade Runner.

The bar scene at the beginning seemed like a Steven Seagal scene to me. On Deadly Ground probably. (I could be way off, having never seen it. I just got that impression.  And beating people up for not being PC is about the most Seagal-like thing anyone's ever done.)

• Like 1

That was a fitting conclusion to Act I (To Be Continued). Whole Foods is gone, but Locally Sourced Guns are still available at Jimbo's. I kinda figured it couldn't be the end of PC yet. I've enjoyed PC Principal's evolution, so I'm glad he's not gone, and hope they pick up on some of these themes next season.

I loved the over-the-top nature of how guns solve problems. It feels that way in real life, with everyone shouting at each other and not listening. And in sort of a "I really only feel comfortable saying anything if I have a gun because I'm scared someone will take offence and ruin me."

Also, I sensed some criticism of Obama's ISIS strategy in PC Principal's final speech.

• Like 1