OnceSane

S19.E09: Truth and Advertising

Yup, the lead news anchor (who I'm pretty sure was voiced by Bill Hader) was right: Jimmy was thinking with his dick, and it looks like Kyle is about to make the same mistake.

Loved Kyle and Stan turning against each other when Kyle referred to Stan as a Cartman,

Where is Barbrady's dog? They cannot just introduce that plotline and drop it!

I cannot wait to see how this all ends next week.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2

That was a lot going on there. I wonder how they are going to wrap all of this up? I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.

And 12 year old me appreciated the totally inappropriate jokes that inevitably went along with one of the character groups' accidental trips of distraction. Similarly Cartman's dissing on himself was funny. "Why isn't anyone looking at me?" and then after Kyle caled Stan a Cartman - "Oh, that was low." Hee.

Oh, and that Mr. Garrison was always calling on Kaitlan to be the heavy - hee. I'm also enjoying Nathan as the minor villan, too. And poor Jimmy - let down by his dick.

• Like 4

Yup, the lead news anchor (who I'm pretty sure was voiced by Bill Hader) was right: Jimmy was thinking with his dick, and it looks like Kyle is about to make the same mistake.

Loved Kyle and Stan turning against each other when Kyle referred to Stan as a Cartman,

Where is Barbrady's dog? They cannot just introduce that plotline and drop it!

I cannot wait to see how this all ends next week.

Yep, the lead anchor was Bill Hader. I just love it whenever shows have news anchors speak in that same newscaster cadence.

Also loved how Stan's voice changed to Cartman's for that split second before he started fighting Kyle.

• Like 5

I don't know what's going on anymore? It's not a huge mess, but I dunno who to root for. Also, I think something happened to Kyle when he met Caitlyn, and that's why he's been "off." Whatever . . . I hate it when Stan and Kyle fight, though I do like the use of "Cartman" as an ultimate insult.

• Like 1

Leslie went full on Pris from "Blade Runner" on Jimmy. And poor Officer Barbrady, being goaded into shooting more kids. I have to say, this is the most I have enjoyed new episodes in years.

• Like 1

Leslie also took a page from Ex Machina, which this show cleverly spoofed.

Really good episode.  Not quite as epic as I had hoped but still, a really fun and busy storyline.  Glad to see the big four more actively involved in this one as they have been on the sidelines at times this season.  I LOL'd at just what the PC Bros were having a hunger strike about.  Garrison and Jenner make for a fun team.

• Like 2

I haven't seen "Ex Machina", so I wouldn't get that reference. It just reminded me of Pris going after Deckard at the end of "Blade Runner."

Also, as someone whose grandparents survived Auschwitz, I laughed way too hard at Auschwitz's SoDoSoPa district, NoMoAuchie. Amazing.

• Like 3

This season could have made a seriously good movie. There's a lot going on. Although I suppose the episode breaks build the suspense better. 

I'm a little disappointed in Jimmy not resisting Leslie, but I suppose she had to escape somehow. 

I don't know how everything is going to be wrapped up in 20 minutes though. They easily could go for an hour. I expect Victoria will be principal again, but I hope they don't fully hit the reset button. 

• Like 2

I haven't seen "Ex Machina", so I wouldn't get that reference. It just reminded me of Pris going after Deckard at the end of "Blade Runner."

Also, as someone whose grandparents survived Auschwitz, I laughed way too hard at Auschwitz's SoDoSoPa district, NoMoAuchie. Amazing.

I just saw it last night. There's not that much to get. The similarity is enough to almost certainly have been on purpose, but it's not like it adds much more in layers or jokes.  It works just as well as a Blade Runner reference.

And I missed that Auschwitz joke, that's hilarious!  I knew I have to rewatch that scene to catch all the names, since I missed a bunch just laughing at Chicago's midtown being "Chimichanga".

This season could have made a seriously good movie. There's a lot going on. 

I had the same thought. It's pretty long for a comedy movie and they'd have to cut about half the season out. Some of the stuff like Tweek x Craig is sufficiently stand-alone to be separated. But I fear we'd also have to lose the Kenny story. Which had a very sentimental ending for that episode but wouldn't have worked for the midpoint of a movie.

Still, excellent threading all through the season. Even traditionally serial shows often break up their story with unrelated stuff to pad out the season.