Jump to content
Peper81

Basketball Wives LA

Recommended Posts

Jennifer was awfully messy. There is no way around that. But, I feel like the finale gave Shaunie, Evelyn, and Tami a pass on their messiness. It feels like they all refuse to acknowledge just how awful they were to Jennifer in her last season of Miami. 

The things that Shaunie said that Jennifer said were the kind of things that someone would say about someone who had a falling out with a friend. Jennifer saying that Shaniece was writing out the checks for the bills because her mom was out running the streets, just sounds like the true life of a kid who grew up with a teenage mom. There is nothing terrible about that because it is simply what happens. 

The stuff that Jennifer told Malaysia is completely different. She had no business talking about Shaniece and whether or not she was having underage sex, she certainly had no business calling someone she's known since she was 6 a build-a-whore. Especially, with the intent that it would somehow make it on the show. That is beyond the line. No matter what kind of falling out she and Evelyn had, Shaniece should have been off limits. 

But the thing is how all of this came out. Jennifer talking shit about Evelyn as a parent makes sense. And even if Jennifer had the intention of having Evelyn's parenting brought out on the show, it would be petty, but again consider that Evelyn and Shaunie brought a non-cast member onto the show to physically attack Jennifer since they knew there would be legal ramifications if Evelyn had done so. That is a lowdown and planned assault. So, I could see how that would burn Jen up to the point that she would want to hurt Evelyn. But, once they made up and said everything they said about each other was in the past, Tami should have kept her mouth shut. 

I'm about to dive into the reunion, but before that one thing has been bugging me about Kristen's bid for relevance by throwing CeCe under the bus: She said that they live just down the street from Byron and CeCe and they've never been over to see her daughter. If that is the case, why hasn't Kristen or Byron's son ever taken her to see them? Since Byron is related to their daughter by blood, why have never gone directly to him to say "what's up?" why is it up to CeCe to answer for something like that and not Byron? Kristen just seems like a shady opportunist to me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

 

I'm about to dive into the reunion, but before that one thing has been bugging me about Kristen's bid for relevance by throwing CeCe under the bus: She said that they live just down the street from Byron and CeCe and they've never been over to see her daughter. If that is the case, why hasn't Kristen or Byron's son ever taken her to see them? Since Byron is related to their daughter by blood, why have never gone directly to him to say "what's up?" why is it up to CeCe to answer for something like that and not Byron? Kristen just seems like a shady opportunist to me. 

CeCe got caught being a lying liar that lies at the end of that reunion she kept blaming Byron saying he wanted her to tell them that he didn't want anything to do with them when it comes out that he didn't tell her to say anything she is the one that took it on herself (Girl if you aint married to the man and they aint your children dont start relaying messages ) and didn't own that and for CeCe throwing Kristin under the bus saying that Kristin never said it was a joke the whole happy ending thing ...girl pulled a real housewives move and whipped out the printed text messages I died :)

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

CeCe got caught being a lying liar that lies at the end of that reunion she kept blaming Byron saying he wanted her to tell them that he didn't want anything to do with them when it comes out that he didn't tell her to say anything she is the one that took it on herself (Girl if you aint married to the man and they aint your children dont start relaying messages ) and didn't own that and for CeCe throwing Kristin under the bus saying that Kristin never said it was a joke the whole happy ending thing ...girl pulled a real housewives move and whipped out the printed text messages I died :)

 

 

I haven't gotten there yet. But, it still doesn't explain why Kristen didn't just go straight to Byron when she felt some type of way about him not seeing his granddaughter. It seems to me if that hurt her as much as she claimed, she or her husband would have said something to him CeCe or no CeCe. Because if I felt like my in-laws weren't making an effort to see their grandchildren, I would go straight to the source to find out what is going on. Unless they address that too and I just haven't gotten to that part. 

 

Edited: I have the reunion on pause because my connection is slow, but I have to ask about the bold part above. If Kristen told her it was a joke, why was she so adamant about CeCe confronting Jen and Ev about it? Why did she then get mad that CeCe wasn't standing up for herself about that whole thing, if she said from the beginning that it was a joke? I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for my internet to catch up so I have to know what the reason for the shit stirring was to begin with if she made it clear it was a joke.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/17/2018 at 5:44 PM, MatildaMoody said:

 

 

Edited: I have the reunion on pause because my connection is slow, but I have to ask about the bold part above. If Kristen told her it was a joke, why was she so adamant about CeCe confronting Jen and Ev about it? Why did she then get mad that CeCe wasn't standing up for herself about that whole thing, if she said from the beginning that it was a joke? I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for my internet to catch up so I have to know what the reason for the shit stirring was to begin with if she made it clear it was a joke.

Because CeCe was going off on how they are just a bunch of women who do nothing (which is a lie just because they dont have the same 9-5 she does doesn't mean their work is any less stressful or valid) she was talking shit behind their back the same way she was accusing them of talking about her so Kristin was saying say it to them let them know how you feel dont talk about them behind their back dont be a hypocrite basically 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/13/2018 at 11:53 PM, phoenix780 said:

Wow. I watch embarrassing amounts of reality TV and that was...surprising. Fascinating, though. Felt real, too.

Did Jennifer ever deny saying anything in general? It seemed to me like she never answered the "did you say anything" question, like she only denied specifics. She's a terrible liar. 

Jennifer didn't even answer the sae question that was posed over and over

Evelyn: Did you say stuff about my daughter

Jennifer: I love your daughter

Share this post


Link to post

I read on Twitter that this show will be announced March or April. There was an article on Deadline a few months back saying that Shed Media had been tired and they were looking for a new production team to take the show in a new direction. As a result I’ve been curious about the new season, but not much has leaked in terms of what to expect. 

From what I’ve seen on Twitter it looks like the cast is mostly the same, including CeCe, Kristen and OG returning. There are rumors of Jen filming (which I can’t imagine the purpose of) and also Tami has filmed but of course we don’t know the extent. I will say I’m happy if all three newbies return, hopefully in full time roles. Last season was the first in years where they had a solid cast and storylines the entire season. Usually they start with a random cast, dump the newbies mid season and start fresh which is tiresome. Consistency in the cast makes it easier to be invested. Also having the newbies connected to Malaysia in a real way gives it a more housewives feel which I like. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×