OnceSane

S19.E08: Sponsored Content

Jimmy is sent to the principal's office for using an inappropriate word in the school paper. His integrity as a newsman runs head on into PC Principal's ideology. Will Jimmy be the undoing of PC Principal?

PC Principal finally meets his match: Jimmy. And it was awesome. Finally seeing PC Principal squirm was just so satisfying. The PC Bro's rager for People For Disabilities was great. Of course they wouldn't actually pay attention to the disabled kids and try to score chicks. After they sign consent forms, of course.

Seeing Mr. Garrison and Caitlyn Jenner again was great. If it's them vs Hillary we might have an actual election here.

So...

Leslie and PC Principal are living ads, and Leslie is self-aware but PC Principal isn't.

And the pic we saw last week?

A living ad for State Farm.

and it's up to Jimmy and Mr. Garrison to save us. How many episodes do we have left??

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 2

Holy shit. It's all coming coming together.

Jimmy rules for taking down the PC fratboys. Of course they're only being PC to get girls. And somehow ads are begins everything. Nice twist about Leslie being an ad...no wonder she never said anything.

Principal Victoria is back! Yay!

Man it sucks we have to wait two weeks to see how this will all work out.

• Like 2

Huh.  And here I thought PC Principal would be an ad for a PC.  And Leslie, who at first I thought was autistic from her speech patterns, looks to be his daughter.  This whole "PC" plotline is starting to heat up!

I love when they show the handicapped characters as being smarter and more devious than regular people.  Jimmy standing up to the PC Principal and the Geico Rep was awesome.

Principal Victoria and Mr. Garrison teaming up to bring down the PC Principal?  This is gonna be good!

• Like 1

Wooooow, that escalated quickly ! 

I mean, we knew something was boiling up from the start of the season, but I expected a few more episodes before all things heat up (although if it's a 10 episodes season it makes sense). Looking damn forward for next time !

And you go Jimmy ! Ha, he handled the PC jerks like a boss !

There are two more episodes left, yes? Seems to be a lot of stuff to cram into those. Has Garrison had any kind of mention since the start of the third episode? And we need Cartman to step up. It's never a complete arc without him blowing stuff up.

Interesting how PC Principal can be thwarted by somebody who's actually disabled. I'm willing to bet the first few drafts of the story had Nathan taking on the role of spoiler, though he's also good at picking sides. Now . . . PC P being a sentient ad? That's . . . odd. I'd buy into him and Leslie trying to kill each other throughout the centuries.

ETA: Anybody else expecting PC Principal to be taken down by Caitlyn Jenner's appalling driving? "Buckle up, buckaroo! [THUD!]"

• Like 1

And we need Cartman to step up. It's never a complete arc without him blowing stuff up.

I for one wouldn't mind if he only had a small role at best. Cartman's good as the social alter ego, doing stuff we'd like to do but know we shouldn't. You're right, it does provide a conclusion when needed. But I think it's more satisfying when whatever they've built up collapses on itself. PC Principal falling under the weight of his own spiel, in this case.

• Like 2

Really good episode and I love the storyline they're building up for the end of the season.  It like this part of the year in South Park because we always get the fun and epic storylines.

Loved seeing Jimmy stand up to PC Principal and I thought that whole bit was hilarious.  The ad thing was an odd choice but I really started to get into it by the end.

Kudos for the guys inserting Syrian issues into the debate. 

I don't think we should use retarded either, but you're talking about a 1st grader, who is talking about lunch. What I like is that PC principal has zero sense for context and everything is a gigantic issue. That really is spot on.

The Jimmy/Leslie scene was from Blade Runner, right?

• Like 1

Yeah, Jimmy/Leslie was from Blade Runner and you could definitely see some shades of the more recent Ex Machina film here too.

Another thing I loved is even with the main characters pushed into the background, this show shines with its supporting and recurring characters.

• Like 1

Jimmy was fantastic in this episode. I knew he wouldn't back down in the face of PC Principal based on when the guys were TV newsmen.

Leslie AND PC Principal are ads? Mind blown in the best way.

I freaking love this season.

• Like 2

So I have just one question.  If they were going to single out ads, why pick two insurance companies to focus on?  That can't be an accident.

I can only think of one reason...State Farm /Geico -> Aflac -> Affleck -> Damon

I'm not even sure if I'm kidding.  Affleck's 'Finding Your Roots' controversy and #damonsplaining fit pretty well thematically.

• Like 1

While rewatching this season over the holiday weekend, I noticed that the PC brahs' fraternity shirts spell out to P (which is technically Rho, which is equivalent to "R" but the only Greek letter represented by a "P"), Omega (technically "N", but kinda looks like a sideways "C"), and Delta, the triangle, which is equivalent to "D". 

All that just to say, that I think the PC brahs are somehow pod people.  Do they even realize they're ads?

• Like 1