OnceSane

S19.E07: Naughty Ninjas

When Kenny leads the boys in playing Ninja Warriors, a foreign terrorist organization takes notice. The ever more PC citizens of South Park decide that they no longer need a police force. As the first American town to get rid of their cops, they plan to celebrate their advanced sensibilities with a PC Carnival.

That was fantastic.  Everything with the boys and ninjas and being mistaken for Isis was great, and Barbrady's dog survived.  That's not even getting into the conspiracy against the town.

They're kicking major ass this season.

• Like 3

Barbrady is one of the characters from the early seasons that I wasn't especially sad to see displaced, since Harris and co. are both better parodies of police drama conventions and better parodies of the actual police, but they did a good job of reintegrating Barbrady into this episode.  And it's a good commentary on the relationship between the American mainstream and the police force.

Heh, so there actually is some sort of story with Leslie.

• Like 3

Man, Barbrady looked weird without his shades. And who thought this episode would make him sympathetic? I really liked how the mayor reminded us that Barbrady was South Park's only cop for YEARS. Seriously, he resigned back in "Chickenlover" and the town plunged into chaos. At least there's an actual police force now, even if they do nothing but hula out of spite.

Loved how Kenny's House/The remains of SoDoSoPa is what kicks off the plot. The ninjas ending up looking like ISIS just cracked me up every time it happened. I just love how Butters was able to put on the ninja outfit over his neck brace.

The "protests" to the cops set to NWA? Amazing.

This entire plot was because of LESLIE? With PC Principal her likely father? Damn.

• Like 3

Good episode. I thought Barbrady was going to be in the cornfield forever, occasionally dragged out to complete the numbers. Shows how this program can still surprise views after 19 years.

Looks like I was wrong about the show going into American Ninja Warrior. I'll take the boys playing ninja (again), Cartman sowing discord, and Randy's eyes shifting to separate racist soundtracks. And all the white people flipping off the cops to "Fuck The Police"? I reckon only this show can get away with that.

• Like 3

I like the meta stuff with Barbardy. Felt so sorry for him.

I'm out of the loop but apparently ninjas are "gay"(as in lame) now.

Randy realizing what was going on was great.

Leslie is PC Principal's daughter(?)!!! The plot thickens.

• Like 3

So they're definitely going somewhere this season. That builds up the pressure on a proper resolution even higher, but I'm genuinely excited to see where they're going.

I was seriously worried about the dog the whole time. Though I was laughing at everything else.

Barbrady shouldn't have shot the gun in the school, but the second time Randy tackled him. That wasn't his fault. I hope he's the one that's going to save the town though.

I liked how they turned the "not all cops" silliness and had the chief flat out say most cops just want to beat people up.

I can't believe they got the rights to NWA.

The whole farm to table insult was hilarious too. There was the news headline that said No To Pigs, but yes to Free Range Pork!

• Like 3

OK so I can't get over how worried I was about Barbrady's dog! Usually I have to tell myself "it's ok it's just a movie/TV show the dog is fine" now I'm stressing over a cartoon dog. I guess someone could draw a stick figure dog in peril and stress me out?

• Like 2

OK so I can't get over how worried I was about Barbrady's dog! Usually I have to tell myself "it's ok it's just a movie/TV show the dog is fine" now I'm stressing over a cartoon dog. I guess someone could draw a stick figure dog in peril and stress me out?

I dropped in to pretty much say the same thing.  

I enjoyed the rest of the ep, however, as I am this entire season.

• Like 1