Jump to content
Rhondinella

Say Yes To The Dress

Recommended Posts

I felt bad for Monica the Yukon bride. She was strapped into those dresses using bungees. Come on, K, you can do better than that. Humiliation

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rhys said:

I felt bad for Monica the Yukon bride. She was strapped into those dresses using bungees. Come on, K, you can do better than that. Humiliation

Me too.  Can't they make these dresses in sizes that would be easier for women of any size to try on?  I thought her consultant was a little insensitive when she kept saying on camera how the Pnina dresses are just too small for this particular bride.  She mentioned it several times.  I thought she could've worded it better.  I can't remember how she said it, but I remember thinking that it came across as a little insensitive.    I could relate it to having one of them go on and on about how I am lacking in the cleavage department, and how the dresses are made for more busty women.  I don't need to be reminded of it!  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I loved loved loved Randy's bridal show. Even though he seemed to be having a big pink gay heart attack over every single little thing, but that's our Randy. But honey, we really don't need the drama, we love you no matter what. His simple dresses were really outstanding and looked like something made by Vera Wang that would cost ten times as much.  Good going Randy, and I love your dog. Is his doggie a shih tzu? (cause they are the best, trust me). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think Pnina designs for the Barbie Doll Brides and Monica was an incredibly good sport about trying on that dress that didn't even wrap halfway around her. 

Share this post


Link to post

I may be in the minority, but I don't like the fact that this season has turned into an informercial for RF.  I like his gowns and his prices and, were I a bride today, I would probably be very interested.  But the show is supposed to be about brides choosing their gowns.  This season (and especially this ep) has been turned into the Randy Fenoli Project Runway show.  I could care less whether his models have too much or too little lip gloss!  Or whether the hemline of a gown is too short (wear lower heels!).  Seriously.  Please let this be over.

The NJ bride -- who was paying for her dress?  I don't think the show made this clear.  If it was the bride, then she has every right to pick whatever she wants, though her mother's comments re a modest dress for a church wedding made sense to me.  If mom was paying, then mom should get a strong vote.  She shouldn't force her daughter into a dress she hates, but the daughter should try to compromise.  I watched this thanking God that my parents and I were totally on the same page WRT my dress, esp since they were paying.  

Like others, I was prepared to hate the Gold Diggers (or whatever) bride and entourage but ended up liking them.  It was nice to see a full-figured bride and the challenges folks like her face in bridal salons.  Given that the average woman is a size 12-14, it would be nice if salons carried more dresses to fit them. I remember trying on dresses as a true size 8 and having many of them be too small!  That's crazy.  And I actually like the Pnina dress she chose. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I felt really bad for the gold family girl.   Strapping her up in bungees was insulting.  But she was a real sweetie  

The problem with any wedding dresses, be it for the bride or bridesmaids, is that manufactures are using the same pattern sizes since the 1960’s.  My sister was trying on wedding dresses, and she’s a size 12, but even though they had 12’s, they didn’t come close to fitting her. The consultant said that a real 12 was more like a 16 in wedding sizes. There’s no such thing as vanity sizing in wedding wear. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Me too.  Can't they make these dresses in sizes that would be easier for women of any size to try on?  I thought her consultant was a little insensitive when she kept saying on camera how the Pnina dresses are just too small for this particular bride.  She mentioned it several times.  I thought she could've worded it better.  I can't remember how she said it, but I remember thinking that it came across as a little insensitive.    I could relate it to having one of them go on and on about how I am lacking in the cleavage department, and how the dresses are made for more busty women.  I don't need to be reminded of it!  

I think the point with that particular dress was that it was from a runway show and therefore worn by a size 4 model, so it was smaller than the average sample dress.  As for the bungees, that's how you get the dress to show you what it looks like!  I was a size 14 bride and I appreciated those helps when trying on dresses - you don't want to order something you think will look nice and be unpleasantly surprised!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

According to my online guide, it was a follow up on that thoroughly distasteful romper-dress bride.  No way I'd watch that.  Of all of the brides to revisit, why in the world select that skanky mess.  They have jumped the shark big time.

Yep, they repeated the original episode including all the smooching and groping with her groom while they proclaimed their undying love and announced that the wedding was the happiest day of both their lives.

This was followed by a brief update from Jasmine, romper bride, who said that several months (!!!) after the wedding, she became involved in some sort of holistic wellness program and this made her realize her relationship with Mr Wonderful was, in fact, extremely unhealthy and so she filed for divorce. And, she’s so glad that she did because, just a few days after separating from him, she met the man of her dreams and it’s the real thing this time, for sure.  When the time comes and they decide to get married (sounds like divorce is not final), she will go back to Kleinfeld’s and do the show again.  I presume the newest love of her life is wealthier and in poorer  health compared to the previous love of her life. It might’ve been the lighting or her makeup, but it looked to me that her new holistic lifestyle included some cosmetic surgery although her skin still looks quite sun damaged.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

This was followed by a brief update from Jasmine, romper bride, who said that several months (!!!) after the wedding, she became involved in some sort of holistic wellness program and this made her realize her relationship with Mr Wonderful was, in fact, extremely unhealthy and so she filed for divorce. And, she’s so glad that she did because, just a few days after separating from him, she met the man of her dreams and it’s the real thing this time, for sure.  When the time comes and they decide to get married (sounds like divorce is not final), she will go back to Kleinfeld’s and do the show again.  I presume the newest love of her life is wealthier and in poorer  health compared to the previous love of her life. It might’ve been the lighting or her makeup, but it looked to me that her new holistic lifestyle included some cosmetic surgery although her skin still looks quite sun damaged.

Here's the lovely Jasmine's full update video (warning: prepare for word salad and grab your preferred dressing before viewing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCEuOeXyC0Y&t=3s

And here's more of classy Jasmine's wisdom for the masses:

Haven’t You Ever Traded Your Clit Ring For A Pokémon Card?

(I didn't watch the second video, because that's a question I'll NEVER have to answer....)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

 I presume the newest love of her life is wealthier and in poorer  health compared to the previous love of her life.

OMG, that's light years worse than I even imagined.

4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

 When the time comes and they decide to get married (sounds like divorce is not final), she will go back to Kleinfeld’s and do the show again.

If they allow that......that's just disgusting on so many levels.  And is it possible that even K's could possibly have a worse ensemble than the one she (sort of) wore the first time?

I think I am going to go puke now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Here's the lovely Jasmine's full update video (warning: prepare for word salad and grab your preferred dressing before viewing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCEuOeXyC0Y&t=3s

And here's more of classy Jasmine's wisdom for the masses:

Haven’t You Ever Traded Your Clit Ring For A Pokémon Card?

(I didn't watch the second video, because that's a question I'll NEVER have to answer....)

I took one for the team and watched it.  The Pokémon card trade occurred while she was working the pole in a club and she did it for her kid, you guys! There's also an 'hilarious' story about how she and her girlfriends and a guy had a 'baby oil party' where they gave one another naked massages.  Can you imagine her then-boyfriend arrived in the midst of this and was appalled?  Some people are such prudes!  It appears Jasmine considers herself some sort of lifestyle guru as she gives relationship advice to the masses, too.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.  Good grief.

Wonder why she filmed this in her car, apparently in front of her kids' school (buses going by behind her).  And the uptalking.  And the vocal fry.  And the unmoving forehead.

Don't waste your time.  This woman has nothing of value to use as a basis for a self-help course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

OMG - the Jasmine videos are awful.  I didn't finish either one.  I often wonder what these women are going to be like in their 50's and 60's and beyond.  Probably very unhappy that their looks are gone, and there is nothing else (intellect) to sustain them.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/17/2018 at 9:44 AM, FreetheGirlses said:

Went to Kleinfeld this week, and I did say yes to a dress. A dress I am completely in love with. I’m actually disgusted with how often I keep looking at my cellphone pictures all giddy with excitement. I never thought I’d be so emotional over a dress; I pretty much only wear dresses in my everyday life (petite, complete pear shape. Finding pants that fit is a nightmare). 

That being said, my consultant was...SHAY. 

I hadn’t watched recent episodes, so I had no idea who he was (my mom recognized him, though). I googled and I was in shock. 

I could not have asked for a better consultant. He was personable, kind, and incredibly knowledgeable. He’s GREAT at what he does. He really listened to what I liked and didn’t like*, and he definitely knew how to fit to flatter my shape. 

He didn’t bring out anything ridiculous or drastically different than what I requested (I know my shape and what does and does not work). He stayed within budget, was great with accessories (I did NOT want strapless, so he picked straps to add that honestly look like they were made for the dress), and was absolute PERFECTION. 

You guys, I seriously could not have asked for a better consultant. After shopping at a couple of places on Long Island and being really disappointed, I am so glad I decided to drag my mom to Kleinfeld. 

Shay wasn’t just good, he was shout his praises from the rooftop type good. 

I would never apply to be on the show, but I seriously wish they featured my appointment instead of the manufactured drama (and now I’m convinced it’s all manufactured). I went with my mom during a weekday, and I tried on about 9 dresses. 

The most dramatic things that happened: 

- everyone clapping for me in the salon when I *did* say yes 

- Danielle “Prostitution Whore” Staub from the Real Housewives of NJ was walking in with her entourage (including her daughters) as I was walking out. 

*I specifically stated that I wanted nothing to do with Pnina or anything that resembled a fairy princess stripper dress. My request was honored. 

@FreetheGirlses: How nice of you to share with us.  I must admit I was not fond of Shay when I saw him on the show, and was hoping it was mostly an act.  His acting deserves an Emmy or Oscar because I figured he was simply "exaggerating" his true personality for the show, meaning he must have "diva" or underlying "snarkiness" in this true personality, even when the cameras stop rolling.  I am so relieved to say I was wrong.  I am glad when he hear these positive and supportive stories, thank you for posting. 

Out of curiosity (please don't answer if you don't want to) ... how was the dressing room experience with having Shay as a consultant?  Does he accompany you solo, or does he have a female replace him, or stay in the room and assist him?  This is not meant to be disparaging on Shay personally, I was just wondering how the store decided to handle the gender situation since it can be a combustible topic for many. 

Thanks again for sharing your visit with us, and the fabulous photos.  You look AMAZING and EXQUISITE in the dress you chose.  I am glad you had a wonderful and memorable experience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2018 at 9:05 PM, dogdays2 said:

The NJ bride -- who was paying for her dress?  I don't think the show made this clear.  If it was the bride, then she has every right to pick whatever she wants, though her mother's comments re a modest dress for a church wedding made sense to me.  If mom was paying, then mom should get a strong vote.  She shouldn't force her daughter into a dress she hates, but the daughter should try to compromise.

I think the mother must have been paying for the dress since Consultant Paula made it a point to ask Mom if there was any "wiggle room" in the $ 3000 budget so she could show her a more expensive dress. The mother replied that the daughter wanted a tiara, shoes, etc. and that those things would "add up" but if daughter was willing to compromise on the accessories, more money could be put towards the dress itself. 

Speaking of bridal shoes, I just don't get the reasoning behind spending so much for them since they hardly show. And why draw everyone's attention to your feet anyway? 

I thought NJ Bride's two friends were extremely rude and disrespectful to her mother. They were just "mean girls" and bullies. I was glad Mom was taken to the dressing room to view the ball gown on her daughter because if she'd come out modeling it, I can just imagine the cackles of derision from her friends. But I predict, NJ Bride and your trendy friends, years from now when they look at your wedding pictures in your ridiculous outdated Pninas, your daughters will get the last laugh. 

Edited by magemaud · Reason: Edited to correctly name consultant
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, ChitChat said:

I'm not sure why he's not featured on the show anymore. 

(Shay) maybe because of the pit stains

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I refuse to re-watch, but I thought Romper Bride Jasmine said she met the "new love of her life" within 24 hours of separating from her "old love of her life." And no, SYTTD and Kleinfeld's, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't invite her back for her next wedding dress search which she appeared to hint could happen. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I took one for the team and watched it.  The Pokémon card trade occurred while she was working the pole in a club and she did it for her kid, you guys! There's also an 'hilarious' story about how she and her girlfriends and a guy had a 'baby oil party' where they gave one another naked massages.  Can you imagine her then-boyfriend arrived in the midst of this and was appalled? 

Gee. Thanks. I think. (Now where did I put that bottle of brain bleach?)

Okay, I'm coming off as a prude - and I'm really not. I'm very much a "to each his own" kind of person. That being said, why do so many people feel the need to advertise every little thing they do?

Several decades ago I went to a tattoo parlor with a friend. He and I both decided to get tattoos. It was my first. I've never been fond of large, visible tattoos on women (and had seen, first hand, how they could negatively affect women's employment opportunities in some industries), so my tattoo was placed in an area in which no one will EVER see it unless I want them to (i.e., only if 'm completely naked). While we were at the tattoo parlor, a young (early 20's) girl sauntered in, wearing a short skirt. She was all excited to show off her latest piercing. Standing in the middle of the store, she hiked up her skirt. She wasn't wearing any undies. Then she SPREAD HER LEGS. Yep -that's what was pierced.

Did I have a problem with her having that part of her anatomy pierced? No. Of course not. It's not something I would do, but if she liked it, who cares? What I don't understand is why she felt the need to show it off to complete strangers. At the time, there wasn't any internet, but if there had been, I'm absolutely certain she would have been posting pictures of it on Instagram.

I feel the same way about Jasmine and her videos. I think people who do this - share personal information to the masses about things they've done - are looking for approval. Like somewhere deep down inside there's a part of them saying "Maybe you shouldn't have done that" - and they need other people to tell them it's okay. For myself, though, when I've done something I've thought better of later on down the line, that little voice is what makes me think twice before perhaps doing something else I'll regret in the future.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I refuse to re-watch, but I thought Romper Bride Jasmine said she met the "new love of her life" within 24 hours of separating from her "old love of her life." And no, SYTTD and Kleinfeld's, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't invite her back for her next wedding dress search which she appeared to hint could happen. 

That's what I thought said she said as well because I thought WTH?!?!?!?    I've already deleted it off the DVR so I'm not searching it out to confirm.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Anybody else getting targeted ads for “Dirty Little Secret” cosmetics on this page? I guess the discussion of Emanuela has been great publicity for her business. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/26/2018 at 8:52 AM, doodlebug said:

I took one for the team and watched it.  The Pokémon card trade occurred while she was working the pole in a club and she did it for her kid, you guys! There's also an 'hilarious' story about how she and her girlfriends and a guy had a 'baby oil party' where they gave one another naked massages.  Can you imagine her then-boyfriend arrived in the midst of this and was appalled?  Some people are such prudes!  It appears Jasmine considers herself some sort of lifestyle guru as she gives relationship advice to the masses, too.

I watched enough of Jasmine's video to know she is too long in the tooth for that nonsense.

Two questions arose, 1. Why did I watch it? and 2. Who is she?  Was she a bride featured on SYTHD because I don't recall her.

I feel like I need a shower after watching her video.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I watched enough of Jasmine's video to know she is too long in the tooth for that nonsense.

Two questions arose, 1. Why did I watch it? and 2. Who is she?  Was she a bride featured on SYTHD because I don't recall her.

I feel like I need a shower after watching her video.

Yes, Jasmine was a bride on SYTTD.  She was the infamous 'romper bride' who arrived at the salon with her fiancé and no budget.  They were getting married in the Grand Canyon, helicoptering out from Vegas for the ceremony.  Her story was updated on the show this past weekend where we discovered, to no one's surprise, that she'd filed for divorce a couple months after the wedding and met the new love of her life the very next day!  She also promised that, if (when) she married Mr Right Now, she'd try to get back on the show to shop for another wedding outfit (the romper was not a 'dress' in any sense of the word.  It barely qualified as an outfit).  Now, when she bought the original romper, she and her then-fiancé repeatedly mentioned how it could be worn again and again, but I guess not for her next wedding.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jasmine also mentioned that her much taller transgender daughter “Chello” could also wear it when she got married. 

The lively discussion of the episode when it first aired begins on page 21 (exactly halfway back in the forum) 

Here's a picture of couple on what was then the "happiest day of their lives". Kleinfeld's was also able to unload a $ 5K hooded cape to go over the romper (shown with a different romper which makes me wonder how many Kleinfeld's has in stock) 

image.thumb.png.97ae105f640f42cc77fca60ba4032f0e.png

image.thumb.png.7cfa50c95ae3f961ed24515ec15cfece.png

Edited by magemaud · Reason: edited to add photos

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was she a bride featured on SYTHD because I don't recall her.

You didn't see the episode, because if you did you could have not forgotten.  She was gross, her (now ex-) husband was gross, the "dress" was gross.  Her "wedding romper" was so short, just watching her get out of the helicopter showed not only her nether lady bits but a nip slip as well!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, Jasmine was a bride on SYTTD.  She was the infamous 'romper bride' who arrived at the salon with her fiancé and no budget.  They were getting married in the Grand Canyon, helicoptering out from Vegas for the ceremony.  Her story was updated on the show this past weekend where we discovered, to no one's surprise, that she'd filed for divorce a couple months after the wedding and met the new love of her life the very next day!  She also promised that, if (when) she married Mr Right Now, she'd try to get back on the show to shop for another wedding outfit (the romper was not a 'dress' in any sense of the word.  It barely qualified as an outfit).  Now, when she bought the original romper, she and her then-fiancé repeatedly mentioned how it could be worn again and again, but I guess not for her next wedding.

I did remember that horrible helicopter romper bride, I did not realize it was the same woman in that cringe worthy Youtube video. 

Baby oil party? Really?

So she and Mr. Right are no longer? Big surprise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018-03-24 at 11:54 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Tonight's Jersey girl and her entourage were something else.  The bridesmaid in the too tight gray tshirt looked like a sidewalk Sally with her enormous fake bewbs.  And what's with that generation and their inability to pronounce the letter T in the middle of a word. She kept saying Man ha in instead of Manhatten.  And of course, another bride who insists on being overly sexy. And why was she always holding her bewbs?  

Jersey girl was on another reality show five years ago.  Not much of a surprise!   It was about spoiled rich girls who were cut off from their family money, "You're Cut Off.". Then she had some songs on the Billboard dance chart.  She was a piece of work!  https://popgoestheweek.com/2013/04/pop-interview-singer-jacqueline-madden-of-vh1s-youre-cut-off/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, magemaud said:

Anybody else getting targeted ads for “Dirty Little Secret” cosmetics on this page? I

Nope but I use an ad blocker.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, doodlebug said:

It barely qualified as an outfit

It barely qualified as having a top.  Her areolas were revealed in living color at the ceremony.

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw the rerun with Randy’s designs.  There were 4-5 dresses I just loved; the Grace was the best!  Yes, he had some stripper dresses, but he really does know how to make a beautiful wedding dress.

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the repeat of the episode where the bride bought a $5500 Anne Barge dress. It was very minimal -- lovely, but looked basically like a long slip. I found myself still thinking what I thought the first time it was on: 1) She's had a kid and she needs a little more bust support (and a little more fabric around the bust) than that dress was providing; and 2) it was a very simple dress. I'm sure she could have found someone to make it for her for considerably less. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I just caught a day's worth of the shows. Haven't had cable, satellite or a streaming service for a while. I'm ready to be back n the know. I've kind of kept up through this thread. I missed Randy's show, he was hyperventilating when I had to go untangle dogs and when I came back in, that episode was over and I didn't feel like rewinding. I did see the bride who said yes to one of his dresses in white, the one with the mother who gloated about showing it months ago. I liked the bride, didn't care for mom. 

The bride that got on my nerves today was Michelle, a wedding planner, who got phone calls from a bride during her fitting appointment. I guess her control freak nature might be alright for planning someone's wedding, but I would never hire her to plan any event for me. I am enough of a control freak on my own and totally capable of planning my own events. And then she freaked over some missing frame and was a holy terror to her assistant. Did I understand that she'd done about 50 weddings and now she has interns? I never was in the right business. And there are bigger things to freak out about at weddings than a missing frame. The tuxedo shop we rented all the tuxes from for our wedding burned down a week before the wedding. I depended that they would handle things and they did, they found and begged, borrowed and stole enough tuxes to fulfill their obligations. But I didn't freak, I didn't freak when my soon to be husband called me a few hours before the wedding and asked me to bring him shoes to the church because those that the shop provided were wrong. I just went to the closet and got him another pair of shoes. Good thing I didn't freak, the marriage last 6 years years and he's been gone for over 20. 

I have to agree with those who think the half marathon bride should just have worn shorts. I didn't know that mass weddings before a race were a thing. I cannot even imagine attending a mass wedding let alone getting married in one. She could have put a tutu skirt over her shorts and that would have been fine, but that wouldn't have meant a big shopping trip to NYC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am hoping agains hope that the producers of this show told that gold mining family to dress like that. Who on earth would go to a place like Kleinfeld’s dressed like that?

Of course, the other extreme is all the skankily dressed brides and their entourages.  But at least they put in some effort, and in their minds, I’m sure they think they look “klassy”  

Share this post


Link to post

I was oddly charmed by the Gold Rush Family.  I have never seen their show, but they looked genuinely happy and were so sweet to each other.  I never felt like it was a shtick for the cameras.  I will take bad clothes over bad manners any day.

The bride who annoyed me was the one who wanted a skin tight dress while her mom wanted her to wear a ball gown.  They both were annoying, but the mom finally said she just wanted the daughter to be happy.  What annoyed me was when the daughter started trying to get the mom to say she loved the dress.  We all knew the mom hated it and she was being very diplomatic about it.  The daughter just kept putting her on the spot.  They laughed, but I wasn’t amused.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw this on Instagram on a wedding account I follow. Here's one of Randy's designs on an actual person, the one y'all have called the "pastie dress" it seems much more covered in real life. She actually looked beautiful.

Screenshot_20180401-202847.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wish there was something positive I could say about that dress, but no.  Definitely not to my taste.  I figured it was the runway showstopper - never thought someone would actually wear it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I wish there was something positive I could say about that dress, but no.  Definitely not to my taste.  I figured it was the runway showstopper - never thought someone would actually wear it.

Unless it is possible to line in in white so the top doesn't look like she glued a couple of doilies to her breasts, it is just not an attractive look to me.  The enormous skirt and train seem incongruous with the showgirl bodice, IMO.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Unless it is possible to line in in white so the top doesn't look like she glued a couple of doilies to her breasts, it is just not an attractive look to me.  The enormous skirt and train seem incongruous with the showgirl bodice, IMO.

I'm pretty sure a past show had a bride try one on with a lining and a few people here remarked that it looked much better.

I watched the Celebrity clip show and was surprised that I actually agreed with Joan Rivers on a couple of points:  wedding dresses should be pretty and classy and a beach wedding is no place for a gown that will drag in the sand.

Something else that I've heard a few times over the seasons that always made me raise an eyebrow is the comment that a dress looks too much like a prom gown.  Maybe because I went to prom in the 80s and the styles were different, but I don't think I've ever seen anything on SYTTD that looked like a prom gown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe because that bride is more busty than the stick thin runway models, but the "pasties" looked larger and more connected in the middle. 

I always laugh when Joan Rivers gives her real feelings about the Pnina gown especially when she describes it as "stupid"! 

I wasn't surprised Martha Stewart didn't make the celebrity show (or did I miss it?), since she was such a wet blanket. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, carolinagirl81 said:

Just saw this on Instagram on a wedding account I follow. Here's one of Randy's designs on an actual person, the one y'all have called the "pastie dress" it seems much more covered in real life. She actually looked beautiful.

Screenshot_20180401-202847.jpg

That's NFL player Tahir Whitehead's wife, Shannon.  I guess for her 25th birthday they had a 5 year vow renewal.  https://twitter.com/shananigans59

The Randy pastie dress almost looks like she is wearing a white strapless bra under it and that's what makes it look less like pasties. 

She actually had 2 dresses, here is the other one, I hope this link works...

Share this post


Link to post

A five-year vow renewal at the age of 25 with two fancy dresses? I don't understand some people's priorities at all.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

That reminds me of Emily, everyone’s favorite leather skinned twin attorney who has been featured on the show several times. She purchased another Pnina for her TWO YEAR vow renewal because she wasn’t happy with the way she looked at her first wedding. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jcbrown said:

A five-year vow renewal at the age of 25 with two fancy dresses? I don't understand some people's priorities at all.

I wish I could hit like a dozen times for your post.  My guess was the 5 year vowel renewal (everyone knows that marriages usually tank after a vowel renewal, see RH of OC, NY, ATL, etc...),was nothing more than a vain attempt at a gift grab.

I have always been suspicious of men who marry women before they can legally drink, vote or rent a car.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

That's NFL player Tahir Whitehead's wife, Shannon.  I guess for her 25th birthday they had a 5 year vow renewal.  https://twitter.com/shananigans59

The Randy pastie dress almost looks like she is wearing a white strapless bra under it and that's what makes it look less like pasties. 

She actually had 2 dresses, here is the other one, I hope this link works...

Both of those wedding dresses are fucking hideous. And you can add me to the club of those that think a vow renewal after 5 years of marriage is totally stupid.  Seems like there are way better things to spend money on, like a retirement fund or your kid’s college education.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Seems like there are way better things to spend money on, like a retirement fund or your kid’s college education.

Having worked in a medical capacity with football players and their wives let me generalize with this - they had to be one of the truly stupidest groups of people with whom I have ever dealt.  They live for the moment without any thought of money management for the future.  Somehow in their tiny little brains they think that they'll be playing football for the rest of their lives and making millions every year forever.  I shuddered whenever any of them darkened my door.

Now, granted, they are not all like that.  But in my experience, 99% are.  Great big necks, zero brains married to some of the dumbest women (beautiful airheads) on the planet.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Both of those wedding dresses are fucking hideous.

Yes, neither dress was a good choice.

Dollars to donuts that cake behind the bride is not real.

Share this post


Link to post

Am I seeing underboob in the second dress? 

edited to add: I kind of figured in Randy's pastie dress she was wearing one of those stick on bras and they added extra flowers in the middle to hide the connecting piece that keeps your "headlights" pointing forward. 

Edited by magemaud

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Am I seeing underboob in the second dress? 

Looks like it to me.  She certainly couldn't be wearing a bra in Randy's pastie dress so, unless she packed one for the change, she's not wearing one in that picture.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×