OnceSane

S19.E04: You're Not Yelping

Of course Cartman would take advantage of Yelp to get the best stuff at restaurants. And of course it's because of all the new places Whole Foods brought in. I love that kicking out the Yelpers caused the same kind of celebrating as when Canadian Trump was screwed to death.

So yeah, the Yelpers becoming South Park's ISIS was something I didn't expect but I liked that. Also not surprised that they ALL thought their voice was the only one, the most important and were all rewarded with boogers & cum on their food like they deserve. Sounds like the rest of the internet.

I loved Yelper Gerald. I'm betting that Yelp's character limit really doesn't stop his 50 page review of his trip to Applebee's. (I have since looked it up, and Yelp doesn't have a character limit)

• Like 2

DYING at the "Boogers and Cum" song.

Only in a town like South Park could have a pretentious bunch of Yelpers become the new Isis because of all the new high class restaurants.

I'm shocked that PC Principal didn't show up to give Cartman a beating for his racist harassing of David. Oh well. I think David did a pretty good job of getting revenge all on his own.

• Like 3

Yeah, I would've liked to see just how much Yelpers > PC but I guess there wasn't enough time or a good opportunity to shoehorn PC Principal into the episode.

• Like 1

I actually don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure reviews have character limits.

There's 2 I know of who get cut off Adrian Robert of Beverly Hills, Michael U I think of Chicago- they write very detailed reviews where several paragraphs will be devoted to a single course of a tasting menu......and Mike K of Chicago who's review of the site "Yelp" on Yelp was so long it was broken into 10 installments posted as review updates (which isn't weird or pathetic at all).

Decent episode that gets bumped up by a killer song. Remind me to never get into the business of food reviewing. The Yelpers had it coming, but still . . . ew.

I'm kinda/sorta hoping we get more of Ike going to clown school. It's too weird to not follow up on.

• Like 4

That was a catchy song although I could barely watch the final scenes as it was disgusting.  Though the visual of the Asian wok guy jerking off was funny.

Good episode.  Classic Cartman and Gerald was used well here.

• Like 4

Any episode where we get a quality Butters/Cartman interaction and a scene with the town's hilariously clueless, self-important detective is an automatic winner for me. This season is shaping up to be among my very favorites of the series!  

• Like 5

I absolutely loved this one. Probably my favorite so far. After learning about what a garbage company Yelp is, and being irritated by people I know who Yelp, I found the punishment for the wannabe food critics fitting. I've been singing "Boogers and Cum" all morning long.

• Like 4

After a weak last season, Season 19 has been strong so far.  I give Matt and Trey credit for continuing to evole with the way they do episodes and seasons.

• Like 2

I love inane songs. I don't know if anything was bleeped out on CC, but I was watching on Hulu and it was uncensored. Just brilliant start to finish. Gerald with the pipe was just killing me. Just having the pipe. Too much. And the queef burger. The song was great but I nearly peed myself at that.

This whole gentrification concept really has opened up the story lines for the show. The 'vernacular' restaurant is just too perfect. 

Cartman's "bicicleta" is just gold. I kind of noticed but not noticed how Cartman always says "skoool" in a weird way. I don't know if this is just coincidence but it reminded me of how Marcia Brady always said "skuuel" on the Brady Bunch. 

• Like 2

When I initially saw the title of this episode, I thought it was weird that South Park was at least five years too late to be doing a "Yelp sucks" episode but it makes sense that people in a small town didn't care about Yelp until they had a bunch of new restaurants open. Never piss off the wait staff!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo