GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Girl Reporter bugs the snot out of me.  She was the victim of a crime and I still have a hard time having any sympathy for her--especially in light of her "this will make a great exclusive!" talk.  

Hey, Laura, I know you wanted to get the skinny from Kevin, but maybe as he explains you could've, gee, IDK, started looking for a way out of the friggin' basement.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For the same reason the male leads of this show are gangster thugs.

This is what has paved the way for the villains with a "heart of gold" spiel Frank shoves down everyone's throats.  Sonny and Jason.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For the same reason the male leads of this show are gangster thugs.

Not really though. Sonny and Jason provided good ratings for something like a decade - and decent ones for awhile after that.  I think they are waaaay past their expiration date, but I can see why TIIC are reluctant to get rid of them.

Franco? Not so much.

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

(I don't think LW is really pregnant, but she sure is milking it on her IG with people asking her and her not answering.  For that, I roll my eyes at her.  Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

How slowly do she and whoosis read? Sometime last year, when he first got hired on, he was reading The Fountainhead to her. It's a long book, but, dang . . . If they're that deeply involved with her works, (sorry -- threw up in my mouth a little bit there)  it seems like they'd have read her stuff a little faster. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

49 minutes ago, rur said:

How slowly do she and whoosis read? Sometime last year, when he first got hired on, he was reading The Fountainhead to her. It's a long book, but, dang . . . If they're that deeply involved with her works, (sorry -- threw up in my mouth a little bit there)  it seems like they'd have read her stuff a little faster. 

I don't even believe they are actually reading it.  It's all for show, but jmo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

did Lulu ever get to react to the fact that Franco kidnapped her, taped her to a bomb and let her sit and wait to die - and is now raising her brother's sons?

And given her conviction that Franco attacked her and her horror when she found out Liz married him, shouldn't Lulu's next move have been a call to said brother to be like, "Hey, your ex-wife's lost the plot, you really need to check in on your sons."?

• Like 4

Okay, so I am a week behind so this comment is old and may have already been mentioned,  But, when Shiloh asked idiot Kristina if she'd somehow find the money if she had a heart issue, wouldn't the logical answer be to tell him that she has HEALTH INSURANCE???  Because, with Alexis as a mother, you know she does.  Comparing apples and .....  puppies.

And, is DOD supposed to be a Scientology type of cult?  Levels and courses and money.,,,  wasn't enough that they named the place for the criminally insane the Miscavage Institute - someone on the staff has an ax to grind....  LOL!

(again, sorry if this has been covered)

• Laugh 1

35 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Okay, so I am a week behind so this comment is old and may have already been mentioned,  But, when Shiloh asked idiot Kristina if she'd somehow find the money if she had a heart issue, wouldn't the logical answer be to tell him that she has HEALTH INSURANCE???  Because, with Alexis as a mother, you know she does.  Comparing apples and .....  puppies.

You'd still need the $6,000 or $7,000 for the deductible, but yeah, I'm sure Kristina could get that from her parents, also.

3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

You'd still need the $6,000 or $7,000 for the deductible, but yeah, I'm sure Kristina could get that from her parents, also.

eh - my family deductible is $3500 - pocket change to her, I'm sure; and I'm sure fictitious Kristina has better insurance than real Marci.  Also, as you said, her wealthy parents would give her that money, but not so much for DOD....

Edited by MarciNJ · Reason: .

Girl Reporter bugs the snot out of me.  She was the victim of a crime and I still have a hard time having any sympathy for her--especially in light of her "this will make a great exclusive!" talk. 

That was especially irksome for me *personal bias warning* I have a personal connection to the victims of the Capital Gazette shooting, and to a person, none of the reporters relish being part of the story-- they want to do their goddamn jobs. So Lulu salivating over her exclusive is incredibly distasteful to me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

So Lulu salivating over her exclusive is incredibly distasteful to me.

It's to show us she's a Real Girl Reporter—nothing, not even personal trauma, will stop her from doing Her Job.