GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

32 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

This show seems to think girl children are inferior.   With the exceptions of Avery and Georgie, when's the last time a baby was a girl?  Charlotte doesn't count for me because she came on as school age.

Joss and Emma. (Only about a year apart in reality even though Joss has hopscotched over Emma, who ages naturally.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Linny said:

Lots of emphasis placed on Carly managing her stress throughout her pregnancy.

Didn't they do that with Joss and Morgan?  And it never slowed Carly down for one second haranguing people.  With the Joss pregnancy, it was especially emphasized that Carly must not be stressed in any way, yet five seconds later, she's yelling and waving her arms.

Just once I'd like to see a pregnancy (non-teen) be greeted as something less than a blessing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Didn't they do that with Joss and Morgan?

And Alexis when pregnant with Molly.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Joss and Emma. (Only about a year apart in reality even though Joss has hopscotched over Emma, who ages naturally.)

True!  But so many boys otherwise.

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

This show seems to think girl children are inferior.   With the exceptions of Avery and Georgie, when's the last time a baby was a girl?  Charlotte doesn't count for me because she came on as school age.

Scout.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Shiloh knows how to gaze and twinkle. He is good at engaging and appearing interested. Meanwhile, on the other side of the table, extraordinary con woman and ace PI Sam McCall is flipping her hair like a 13 year-old in an attempt to flirt with him.  

That was FLIRTING??????

I hope Shiloh's already on to her game and is just drawing it out for his own entertainment -- or revenge.

Edited by rur
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Poor Scout. She's Georgie. Unwanted.

Sam signing Scout's name to that Valentine's Day card really pissed me off. Sam doesn't know how little Jason respects Drew as Scout's father and Jason's only interaction with Scout thus far was when Scout was brand-new and he held her and creepily whispered to her that "You could have been mine" when Sam/Drew were out of the room. It's gross.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Hater said:

Just make Michael gay.  

If that happened, we’d never see him again. (Or about as often as we see Lucas.)  So... fine by me.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Was this the first time we have seen Margaux into DOD other than carrying the book around?

I presumed that she is actually working on some sort of undercover investigation of DOD and was dropping all that info re the flash drive to set Shiloh up.  Yeah, no, she probably is just stupid enough to spill all that random info to him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Didn't they do that with Joss and Morgan?  And it never slowed Carly down for one second haranguing people.  With the Joss pregnancy, it was especially emphasized that Carly must not be stressed in any way, yet five seconds later, she's yelling and waving her arms.

It will be Ava she's yelling at when she has a stroke/tock, so she'll be able to blame Ava for that ad nauseum as well.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, rur said:

I hope Shiloh's already on to her game and is just drawing it out for his own entertainment -- or revenge.

That would be great, wouldn't it? But we all know he's going down, and going down hard. No one can make a fool of Sam and Jason.

4 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

It will be Ava she's yelling at when she has a stroke/tock, so she'll be able to blame Ava for that ad nauseum as well.

Not to mention keep Avery away from Ava forever. I don't care what Sonny is doing to Ava, she sucks for not fighting harder to get more access her daughter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Or Julian.  Maybe she'll have a craving for avocado toast and he didn't get his bread delivery that day.  She goes storming out of Charlie's and trips on her own hypocrisy and tocks out.

(I don't think LW is really pregnant, but she sure is milking it on her IG with people asking her and her not answering.  For that, I roll my eyes at her.  Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.

Oh, GURL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

(I don't think LW is really pregnant, but she sure is milking it on her IG with people asking her and her not answering.  For that, I roll my eyes at her.  Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

That is very extra, LW.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hate LWB/FS, his smugness about helping Maxie bust Sasha is unbecoming given his resume of lying and manipulating people.

I didn't think he was being smug, Peter was just having fun with Maxie and teasing her about her mission. Even if he was being smug, it's not like he was calling Sasha a bunch of names and acting like he was so much better than her. He's happy that Maxie - someone he cares about -  is doing something to help someone that she cares about. Did you take offense at Maxie's "smugness" given her own resume of lying and manipulating people?

• Useful 1

11 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I didn't think he [LWB/FS] was being smug,

Maybe smug was the wrong word, but TPTB seem to think making LWB/FS this, I dunno...preening goofball?...is going to put him over, but I just find his presence obnoxious.  It's barely been a year since his lies got someone killed, but now he's bopping along alongside Maxie helping to bust someone else?  No likey.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

Ugh. and not only that, but it's her 'view at bath time', with a big fat red heart. Gross.  Nothing says romance like reading the philosopher for self entitled right wing pricks by candlelight.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe smug was the wrong word, but TPTB seem to think making LWB/FS this, I dunno...preening goofball?...is going to put him over, but I just find his presence obnoxious.  It's barely been a year since his lies got someone killed, but now he's bopping along alongside Maxie helping to bust someone else?  No likey.

No offense at all, but is there anything they could do with the character to get you to like him? Because you seem to have a deep hate for the character and, even beyond that, dislike the actor just because his girlfriend is the lead actress.

I don't think they're making him a "goofball", not in the slightest. He should be allowed to display a sense of humor, or a sense of fun, every once and a while, despite what he did. Otherwise, he'll be accused of being boring, stick in the mud - which he's been accused of anyway. It was a year ago, which in this day in age of soaps, might as well be ten years. His lies may have helped someone get killed (and Nathan's own boneheaded actions, along with Lulu's and Liesl's) but he didn't kill Nathan. Characters on this show have done far worse. He's apologized and tried to turn his life around. And turning his life around includes not lying to the woman he wants to date, so he did the right thing by telling Maxie what he knew about Valentin. Maxie is the one who put the dots together about Sasha. Maxie is his, apparently, intended love interest so he should be cheering her on when she's trying to protect someone she cares about. 

Did we know that Port Charles was 100 miles from Niagara Falls? Given the state of roads in this part of the country, a fast sports car is the last thing I would take to Poughleepsie.

Kevin has been in Ferncliffe since August. That's six months ago, no wonder this story feels like it's been dragging and dragging.

Still Laura's reunion with Kevin was sweet, until Laura started talking about Carly.  Although you know Laura, part of the time Kevin was trying to keep everyone from finding Ryan so not completely blameless.

Why did Ryan leave the light on as he left? Make it even harder for them.

The eye makeup for Ava and Alexis was terrible today. Super dark smoky eyes is not a good daytime look on women over 45.

I'm going to ignore the whole "Franco pleads guilty" because I'm afraid it's stupidity may be catching.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

Why am I not surprised? Although if he's reading by candlelight, I'm guessing that Rand wouldn't consider him one of the winners.

I haven't seen today, but I'm wondering how magical Ryan managed to get an unconscious woman and a blind mental patient out of a locked facility?  Probably the same way he transports bodies and body parts around Port Charles without being noticed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Although you know Laura, part of the time Kevin was trying to keep everyone from finding Ryan so not completely blameless.

Yeah, I get why this didn't come up today, but that's a question to be asked - Ryan's supposed to be dead, so how was he in a position to swap places with Kevin?  I hope they don't sweep Kevin's culpability completely under the rug because that could be some interesting drama.

I did like that Laura expressed concern for Ava.  If it was Carly, she would have started screeching that Ava probably knew and was in on it with him.

6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No offense at all, but is there anything they could do with the character to get you to like him? Because you seem to have a deep hate for the character and, even beyond that, dislike the actor just because his girlfriend is the lead actress.

*shrug* Probably not.  Because the LWB part aside, I just think this character foundation was a mess from the start.  And GH does this a lot, they did it was Valentin, bring in someone as an antagonist doing horrible things, and then backpedal all, "Oh, he's not so bad after all!".  Hence him skipping into Maxie's apartment in a baseball uniform.

And, and I've said this before, I don't have anything against the actor himself, and I certainly don't begrudge him and Laura Wright their real-world happiness, but I just don't like his performance in this part, never have.

But hey, YYMV.

• Like 2

Is this road trip time in Port Charles? Shiloh is taking Sam somewhere, the junior teens are going to Niagara Falls, and Peter is driving Maxie to Poughkeepsie.

15 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Ugh. and not only that, but it's her 'view at bath time', with a big fat red heart. Gross.  Nothing says romance like reading the philosopher for self entitled right wing pricks by candlelight.

Not to mention some things really shouldn't be posted and described publicly. What you see when naked in your bath is one of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I haven't seen today, but I'm wondering how magical Ryan managed to get an unconscious woman and a blind mental patient out of a locked facility?  Probably the same way he transports bodies and body parts around Port Charles without being noticed.

I assume he just hypnotizes people into helping him with the grunt work, then making them forget.

So.. I guess Franco made this stupid deal without telling his lawyer/father. Man, maybe Jordan should just try this tactic with all criminals. 

In other news, Liz just sounds like a brainwashed idiot with her unwavering, unblinking defense of Franco.  I'm glad Cam and Lulu attempted to break through the fog, though I'm sure they'll both have to grovel when this is over.

• Like 2