GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Yeah, Laura’s brain was spinning when talking with Ryan/Kevin. He was putting everything in its place on the desk which she was transfixed by. Then when discussing the prenup something clicked in her head but I don’t even think she knows why but SOMETHING CLICKED!!!!!!!! I don’t know if it’s a red herring or not but I’m looking forward to Monday.

As for, Sonny & Carly. It’s FV mission to put them front and center no matter what. The beginning dream sequence was hysterical but when Carly said she was pregnant I thought it was still a dream sequence. The scenes at the MC were way off and then when they get home the pregnancy announcement came out of left field. Could it still be a dream sequence? Did I miss something. Maybe, LW and her boyfriend Wes Ramsey are really expecting. Who knows? I know she has adult kids but I don’t think he has any of his own. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ouinason said:

Lockup is not ideal, but I get where she was coming from with the idea of just getting married already before something else happens to fuck it up.  Liz and Franco's relationship is definitely skewed toward a caregiver and cared for partners, but... well that's not unheard of.  It's not exactly abusive to emotionally depend on your partner, though It's a bit heavy on Franco's side.  I also like the emotionally complicated and messy family dynamic with them and the kids.  Cam is taking the heat because his mom looks like a weak enabler of a (current) murderer, and he's basically taken the stance that the cops wouldn't arrest him if he was innocent, which is a semi-reasonable for a kid who's the son of a former cop.  Liz isn't berating Cam for not believing in Franco, she's pissed that some ass-hat kids beat on him because of the situation and the adults at the school seem to have let it slide because they agree that Franco is guilty and Liz is a moron.  Those people can DIAF (the adults).  She still tried to defend Franco to Cam, but she wasn't a bitch about it, which she can totally be.

I get what you're saying, it's just sad to me because it's basically saying "I liked it because this isn't the worst possible romantic situation Elizabeth could be in." 

Elizabeth is supposed to be a mother who treasures her sons. Getting married in the jail, without them (and probably without telling them), especially given how angry and hurt Cam is at the moment, means she is putting Franco's toxic dependence on her first in her life.

I liked that Cam *finally* got a chance to question his mother's judgement about bringing Franco into their lives and trusting him so completely. She didn't assure Cam that he and his brothers come first in her heart, her life; she defended Franco by insisting he was sick and he's not that person anymore. Yet, she knows that since being "cured" Franco did in fact lock her rapist Tom in a cage and torture him, and lie to her. IMO, the best moment Elizabeth has had since she became involved with Franco was the moment she responded to him, "It's not my job to make you better!" and told him not to come home because she wasn't sure she could trust him. 

There was a look in Elizabeth's eyes when Cam walked away after their argument, which I interpreted as sadness/resignation. It acknowledged that Cam's teachers and classmates see her as a weak enabler, and her accepting that as more or less the truth because she's so invested in Franco that she feels can't break up with him. 

Elizabeth choosing to marry the man who kidnapped her newborn son Aiden, strapped Lulu to a bomb, sexually violated and then mentally tortured Sam, used Jake to get close to her, has shown stalker-ish and dependent behavior, locked a man in a cage and tortured him while lying to her, shows me that her judgement has not improved since her multiple relationships with Ric. 

I would agree with you about the emotionally complicated and messy family dynamic if Elizabeth had chosen to marry AJ.  He was her son Jake's uncle, brother of both Elizabeth's ex-lover and late best friend Emily (so it would have been a unique situation for the Q family). He had a history of addiction like her ex-husband Lucky did, which could cause trust issues to pop up. He had a perpetually adversarial relationship with the mother of his only child, and she has years of history of giving Elizabeth grief due to jealousy/insecurity issues. Whereas an Elizabeth & AJ long-term relationship would be complicated and messy, the Elizabeth & Franco relationship is just toxic. 

• Like 5

They say weddings are doom for a pairing, so maybe Friz will go kaput within the year.

I think every single main pairing on this show is terrible and needs to be blown up.

• Like 2

I dont' understand why Franco's reaction to Kiki's photo is enough to make Jordan believe he's not the killer. He got upset and declared that he couldn't possibly do this, so she's all, 'yeah I believe you'. What? I mean, we know he's not guilty of this crime, but if he was, all he'd have to do is sniffle a little and claim he couldn't possilby and that's enough for the police commisioner to believe him? I liked VA's version of Jordan but they've really dumbed down this version and it makes me want to smack her because they are making her dumber then a box of rocks. And a woman who worked undercover with the DEA then became police commisioner should not be that dumb.

she needs lessons from Maxie,   Maxie figured out the Sasha/Nina stuff with less evidence in a nano second.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked that Cam *finally* got a chance to question his mother's judgement about bringing Franco into their lives and trusting him so completely.

,But that's just a plot point.  When the real killer is revealed they have Liz gloating to everyone that she was right and Cam will have to apologize.  

13 hours ago, ciarra said:

What's up with the actor who plays Griffin?  Today he has a split lip.  He had a cut by his eyebrow last week.  There was also a throwaway line about the scratches on his face, but it didn't adequately explain it, imo.

I wonder if it's a continuity error. Everything is done so badly on this show it wouldn't surprise me.

8 hours ago, ouinason said:

He confided what he know about the situation that was concerning her, and he looked very happy to help her meddle and scheme. 

I see these scenes a little differently. Peter knows that Valentin brought in Sasha to be Nina's fake daughter, but he doesn't want to be the one to spill the beans because (reasons I now can't remember, but I think there's a bit of mutual blackmailing going on). So he drops just enough crumbs for Maxie to be able to start piecing things together, and she does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I see these scenes a little differently. Peter knows that Valentin brought in Sasha to be Nina's fake daughter, but he doesn't want to be the one to spill the beans because (reasons I now can't remember, but I think there's a bit of mutual blackmailing going on). So he drops just enough crumbs for Maxie to be able to start piecing things together, and she does.

He doesn't know Valentin's scheme about Sasha, but like Maxie, he was able to zero in on the circumstances surrounding Valentin and Liesl and what sort of dirt Valentin would want to hide. With Maxie, he has shared some of the things that he had already picked up on and she made educated guesses which are 100% correct.

24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He doesn't know Valentin's scheme about Sasha

Really? Then LWB/FS was playing those scenes wrong, IMO. To me it seemed like he was wanting Maxie to connect the dots so when the Sasha news came out, he could claim it was all Maxie's doing. 

Edited by dubbel zout · Reason: verb consistency

I can't see this Sasha situation resolving any time soon.  Maxie will get the DNA, but something will prevent her from saying anything.  Because it takes years for anything to happen on this show.

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Whereas an Elizabeth & AJ long-term relationship would be complicated and messy, the Elizabeth & Franco relationship is just toxic.  

Elizabeth & AJ also had so much built-in potential for soapiness. This Franco thing makes it look like AJ wasn't damaged and dependent enough for Liz. Which, if this was a call back to Jason thinking she'd be happiest with him if he were literally in a wheelchair and about her fear of abandonment motivating her to pick someone who is completely dependent because no one in their right minds wants him - maybe there'd be some hope of her getting past that and having some character development.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

There was a look in Elizabeth's eyes when Cam walked away after their argument, which I interpreted as sadness/resignation. It acknowledged that Cam's teachers and classmates see her as a weak enabler, and her accepting that as more or less the truth because she's so invested in Franco that she feels can't break up with him. 

This paragraph is gold, but the whole thing is beautiful. A standing ovation from me to you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

He doesn't know Valentin's scheme about Sasha

Really? Then LWB/FS was playing those scenes wrong

I agree that he doesn't know.  The last conversation between Peter and Valentin at Windemere was that Peter was questioning why Valentin wanted him to hire Liesl, and he realized that she had something on Valentin that would have him possibly lose Nina.  If he knew the truth about Sasha, he would have said it then.  

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Maybe, LW and her boyfriend Wes Ramsey are really expecting. Who knows? I know she has adult kids but I don’t think he has any of his own. 

I've been wondering that. For a couple of weeks now, LW has been in some baggy clothing, especially around her midsection. It could be that wardrobe hates her or that she is just getting some middle age spread, but I've also wondered if maybe she was pregnant.

Another thing. Has Wes Ramsey been studying at The Kelly Monaco School of Acting? He's been doing a lot of whispering in his scenes lately.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I agree that she's accepting that others see her as weak for being with Franco. But to accept that she acknowledges that it's the truth one has to forget that Franco helped Jake and her when Jake was traumatized. He did therapy with Jake until Jake is now not only well-balanced, he's more mature than his bio dad.

You'd also need to forget that Franco was and is her main support with Aiden's bullying. It's Franco who is taking Aiden to the kitchen supply store and letting him stay up late to bake cupcakes with him. It's Franco who is going to the library to get books for Liz to read on what's best for a gay kid.

Franco's history on the show is terrible. But at the moment, he's a loving partner who treats Liz special she is, is good to her kids and he's almost the only support Liz has in Port Charles because while Laura is sympathetic, she has her own problems.

Liz probably gets that others see her as wrong for being with Franco but my feeling is that she loves him and appreciates him, and wishes that others see what she does in him.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This paragraph is gold, but the whole thing is beautiful. A standing ovation from me to you.

Aww, thank you! It's nice to be appreciated. I see Elizabeth as being an emotional hostage to Franco's neediness, and yet the unhealed spirit (from her abandonment issues with her parents, Lucky, Jason) wants Franco to be dependent on her so he'll never leave. I think she believes that an unhealthy/toxic man loving her and acting as co-parent is better than being alone in life and doing all the single parent work (with backup from Grams and Grandma Laura). Elizabeth has really been lonely since her girlfriends and Lucky and Nikolas have all left town or died/been murdered. She chooses to shrug off facts like Franco once kidnapped Aiden, took an interest in helping Jake at least in part as a means to get (his obsession) "Jason's" attention and get close to Elizabeth, held Tom prisoner recently in what once was her art studio, ignores requested boundaries and perpetually whines likes a child, etc. 

I'm sad that Elizabeth is coming off as knowing she has settled for a relationship she's not truly happy with and is also not the best life she can give her boys, because Franco loves her and needs her and won't leave.

• Like 1