GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And they joked about how Alexis/NLG was "too old" to be pregnant, but LW is older than she was when she had Kristina.

Right now she is about the same age when Alexis had Molly.

• Like 1

Carson pregnancy, just reminds me of the Julexis stans going crazy over Alexis possibly being pregnant in 2016.   Didn't stop him from putting a knife to her throat but they ate it up.

15 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Liz and Franco holding hands through prison bars was so not romantic.  The only way they could have made it worse would be the guard yelling "NO TOUCHING" in the middle of their vows.

I guess at least it made sense since he's in prison...can't be too romantic.  The whole show was horrible in terms of romance.  When these couples have zero spark or chemistry, it's difficult to generate anything. While I have no use for Friz, I think RH/BH are good together but today I just wasn't feeling it between them and it's probably the set up more than anything, but the whole show was stale.  These couples are tired (Jacrap have barely been together romantically and it's already tragically bad).  GH doesn't get it.

I didn't get to see Olivia and Ned but I guess they were the only good part of the show.

Drew being reduced to the ultimate prop is my biggest issue right now.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Because Frank became enamored of Nicolas Bechtel, who's played Spencer since they SORASed him from a toddler.

During that awful Nikolas/Elizabeth/Lucky triangle and then the storyline(s) involving baby Aiden, there was a nice, quiet brunette boy (about 6 years old?) who played Spencer. While Aiden was still an infant,  for closure, Nikolas decided to leave Port Charles and start a new life abroad with Spencer.   Bechtel was cast as Spencer when Nikolas returned to Port Charles with him, and then the awful kiddie storyline started with Spencer wanting Brooke Lynn's Emma to be his girlfriend. Nikolas got involved with Britt (who had Ben - aka Rocco) and he and Britt totally indulged Spencer.

I think it would be nice to get that (now older) brunette boy back as Spencer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hater said:

"I'm a really lucky woman" said with as much passion as getting a prostate exam.

So romantic with these two dead eyed true wuvs staring at each other.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 7.27.49 PM.png

I know this is Burton. (Maybe try a serum)but when I first looked at it I couldn't decide if it was Mo or SBu.  

• Laugh 1

Upon the rewatch of the Friz wedding, Becky was fine....Roho was not meeting her in the scenes. But he never does anything for me anyway so maybe it was that.

Edited by Hater

Wait, Liz married SERIAL KILLER?

I don't even like Liz much, but as Steve's granddaughter, even Liz deserves better. What is it with her and mobsters and killers?!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

All this talk about Carly’s age reminds me of a question I have about Sam... She was only about 21 or so when she arrived in PC, right? So how did she have time to do a bunch of marriage cons before that? Did all of those marriages last only a couple of months each, or was she a child bride? (In which case, Shiloh’s pedo dad would have deserved what he got.)

Today’s episode was, indeed, terrible. Which begs the question, which couples should they have focused on for a better Valentine’s Day episode? Joss and Oscar? Drew and Kim? Willow and Chase? Peter and Maxie? No, no, no, and no. This show has become a total chemistry-free zone. I can’t think of any couples I would have wanted to see today.  Maybe Ryan and Ava. But only if Ryan slipped away and killed someone, to break up the tedium.

• Like 5

So frustrating that Liz and Franco are married but hopefully marriage will be the first step toward the end of them because while I love my girl Liz I am pretty sure she has cheated on both guys she was married to before. Anyway, Becky always gives her all and it sucks that Liz got married to Franco not only on the anniversary of her rape but when she and Lucky exchanged vows in the chapel. And without her kids present! Just terrible. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wait, Liz married SERIAL KILLER?

Fucking Drew married them, so hopefully he completed his course incorrectly.

If I liked them I maybe would have found the vows kind of sweet but in general imo it was pretty lame. So thank you, show, I guess. And thankfully it did not include fucking Laura there smiling on, which was one of my main do not wants re: a friz wedding.

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 4

Fuck, so no Valentine's Day killing?

Carson and Jasam should not be shown making sexy time. Ever. puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

Shiloh finally pressing Christina for money for higher level courses. At least I can applaud this show for slagging Scientology.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

15 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Okay but my comment had nothing to do with the actress herself. It was based on how long the character of Carly has been around and my belief that she has to be near 50 by this point. Carly was in her late 20's far as I assume, when the character first showed up in the early, mid-90's, That was more than 20 years ago. 

I thought Carly was right out of high school when she arrived.  Didn't she briefly attend nursing school?

13 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

What about Jennifer Bransforf? 😂🤣😆

Now SHE is SWMNBN in my book. What a disaster of a recast that was.

4 hours ago, melody16 said:

So frustrating that Liz and Franco are married but hopefully marriage will be the first step toward the end of them because while I love my girl Liz I am pretty sure she has cheated on both guys she was married to before. Anyway, Becky always gives her all and it sucks that Liz got married to Franco not only on the anniversary of her rape but when she and Lucky exchanged vows in the chapel. And without her kids present! Just terrible. 

Did she cheat on Ric? I don't remember that, but that was right around when I first started watching so it easily could have happened and just didn't register with me.

9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Did she cheat on Ric? I don't remember that, but that was right around when I first started watching so it easily could have happened and just didn't register with me.

Was the Cameron-creating one-nighter with Xander during the marriage to Ric?  I can't remember either.

39 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought Carly was originally a physiotherapist. 

No, she switched for awhile from the nursing program to the PT program, but she never graduated from either.  To be fair, when your running cons and enacting revenge on people for supposed slights, there's not a lot of time to study.

My UO is that Liz/Franco getting married yesterday was the LEAST offensive thing that happened.  Jason and Sam are pathetic (and the worst parents ever; also, did DREW get a Valentine from Scout?  Sam having Scout "sign" Jason's card made me want to slap her), Ned and Olivia are just a non-entity to me, and Sonny and Carly?  There aren't enough words to describe how gross they are.

• Like 3

OMG, you guys, that opening dream sequence!  Ryan putting the duck tape back on Carly's mouth after she started yapping was sexier than anything that happened in the Valentine's Day episode.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4

39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMG, you guys, that opening dream sequence!  Ryan putting the duck tape back on Carly's mouth after she started yapping

Both Sonny and Carly were tied up and gagged. Why was this only a dream sequence?

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was the Cameron-creating one-nighter with Xander during the marriage to Ric?  I can't remember either.

I think she was still legally married to Ric at the time. I don't know if the divorce was in progress.  What I remember seeing was Elizabeth sitting next to Zander at a bar, explaining that she found out Ric had held (pregnant) Carly prisoner in a panic room in their (her and Ric's) home. The marriage was over. Zander empathized, saying Emily chose Nik/Nik&Em were having sex. In their misery (maybe drunk?) they hooked up and conceived Cam. 

That dream sequence tells me that someone, maybe everyone, on the writing staff knows that there's a large swath of the audience that hates Sonny and Carly.  That someone or someones is my spirit animal.

And then they reminded us why we hate them with the rest of their scenes in their creatively bankrupt pregnancy story, including talk of Morgan.  UGH!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 3

Of COURSE Liesl is singing karaoke at the Floating Rib. Hee.

"What are you going to do?" Of course Sonny takes no responsibility for his part in Carly's maybe-pregnancy. What a peach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, melody16 said:

And in jail.

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Evil Queen.

DzdyijwUYAAEcCI.jpg:large

Forget Ava. The two people who need to hook up on this show are the good (ex) Doctors Obrecht and Chamberlain. 

Did...did Sonny actually suggest that a new baby would remind Carly and him of Morgan, implying that this is a reason not to have the baby?  Or did I misunderstand that part of the conversation? Please tell me I got that wrong.

If it were anyone other than Carly and Sonny, I'd say good on GH for addressing family planning, and exploring the idea that sometimes, a monogamous couple with kids may not be thrilled with an unexpected pregnancy, and may want to explore all options. But since this is Carly and Sonny, their conversation was nothing more than a disingenuous attempt to pretend these two are somehow noble or considerate of anyone other than themselves. They strained really hard to feign self-reflection that gosh, all the love in the world can't negate that Sonny's a dangerous criminal, before diving back into their favorite topic of MORGAN MORGAN MORGAN. Morgan's significance to these two narcissists is that he carried their DNA (screw you Michael, I guess) and how could Carly turn down the chance to bring more Sonny spawn into the world? Honestly, I'm surprised the show made Carly's conception date NYE; I thought for sure they'd have her conceive later in January so that she'd be due in October around the anniversary of Morgan's death. Maybe that's a sign that (please, please) things won't work out with this pregnancy.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Spencer. Go back to France and stay there.

But who else will be Sonny's number one fan, once

Spoiler

Griffin is gone. 

Carly has the baby boy, names it Morgan, then the original Morgan returns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Did...did Sonny actually suggest that a new baby would remind Carly and him of Morgan, implying that this is a reason not to have the baby?  Or did I misunderstand that part of the conversation? Please tell me I got that wrong.

That Sonny sure is a great Catholic. Doesn't care about murders and other crimes he commits and is all about his wife having an abortion because a baby would be inconvenient (has he ever had seen active role in raising a baby, anyway?) and remind him of Morgan... But will take any opportunity to attack Griffin for being a bad former priest when he was in a relationship with Ava.

Why oh why couldn't Ryan's dream have been a reality?

• Like 4

Liesl singing was a gift to me. KG's mother was a professional opera singer so I'm going to take it that that was her real voice.

If I liked Sam's story at all, I'd say that it reminds me of Marnie by Winston Graham (and the Alfred Hitchcock film). But Marnie had a better reason behind it other than "I have to marry and bilk a bunch of men to support my brother", nor did she marry the men.

14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Today’s episode was, indeed, terrible. Which begs the question, which couples should they have focused on for a better Valentine’s Day episode? Joss and Oscar? Drew and Kim? Willow and Chase? Peter and Maxie? No, no, no, and no. This show has become a total chemistry-free zone. I can’t think of any couples I would have wanted to see today.  Maybe Ryan and Ava. But only if Ryan slipped away and killed someone, to break up the tedium.

I kind of liked Julian and Kim until their break-up. But yes, this "love in the afternoon" is full of repulsive pairings.

6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My UO is that Liz/Franco getting married yesterday was the LEAST offensive thing that happened.  Jason and Sam are pathetic (and the worst parents ever; also, did DREW get a Valentine from Scout?  Sam having Scout "sign" Jason's card made me want to slap her),

Sam having the Valentine to her beloved Jason signed by Scout was so gross. Yes, what about Scout's real father, the one who spends more time with her than Jason or even you apparently do.

If I were a Friz fan, I'd be pretty upset at that horrible wedding.

3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

No, sadly you're right Sony said that having a new baby with brown eyes and dimples (narcissistic much, Sonny?)  would just reminded them of their (sainted) lost Morgan.

So I guess Sonny, the good Catholic, is proposing to abort this fetus not because it's sick or because they can't afford it or because he's finally realized that these two horrible people should  never have charge of a child but because it could look like Morgan when it's born and make them feel sad

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

having a new baby with brown eyes and dimples (narcissistic much, Sonny?)

That cracked me up. Jasus forbid the baby take after Carly. Or anyone other than Sonny.

• Like 1

Drew on prop duty again.  Literally the third wheel for 2 straight days.

Friz were so gross in front of Drew. Yuck.

Run Billy Run!

Edited by Hater
  • Like 2

Ryan was cracking me up with his shoving Ava in Laura's face. Jesus, he really can't stand Laura! Him sliding the sex desk back into place was a totally hilarious "FU!" Then turning Ava's picture around.  laugh3-smiley.gif

I wish we could keep him! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Shiloh finally pressing Christina for money for higher level courses. At least I can applaud this show for slagging Scientology.

Wonder how Michelle Stafford is taking it...

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Spencer. Go back to France and stay there.

Wish I could give more than one "like"

Edited by Oracle42

It's nice to see that Laura gets to be one of the big brains behind solving the murders. GF was so good in her scenes today -- genuine heartbreak at first when "Kevin" was being so cruel, moving into being just kind of over it by the time he was moving the sex desk back into place, and then the wheels really turning that something was up beyond him having some kind of breakdown. Genie played it that she was suspicious even before he brought up the prenup.  

I don't know if Laura is supposed to actually suspect it's not Kevin at this point, but she wouldn't be following him if she didn't think he was being nefarious. (You could tell she was making those connections when talking to Franco yesterday, as well).  

JL and MW were also great in those scenes. Ava barely had any lines when the three of them were together, but she played it as feeling bad that Ryan was being such a prick, even while still being in kind of a sex haze. 

3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wonder how Michelle Stafford is taking it...

Oh, right! I remember when an older character actor on Y & R said that one of the two Scientologists in the cast (Sharon Case is the other one) had out-and-out threatened him that he wouldn't last long on the show. He had been a former Scientologist himself. 

Carly and Sonny say the baby with big brown eyes and dimples would remind them of Morgan, except SORASed Morgan didn't have either. 

Peter and Maxie's story has turned into Nina Exposition. 

Gentle Father Franco is so shocked at violence!

Edited by ulkis

Granted, I try hard not to retain much of Corinthos Family Follies, but Carly and Sonny barely had any time for Morgan when he was alive, right? Mostly they seemed generally exasperated that his nonsense seemed to infringe on their nonsense. This valorizing is absurd.

Also absurd is Carly being pregnant. I am genuinely astounded. That is just the dumbest choice.