Jump to content
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Recommended Posts

Just now, statsgirl said:
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here. I wonder if Oscar will really die, though. It seems kind of needlessly punishing to Kim for being such an idiot about not getting him treatment earlier, and it also leaves her with no link to the canvas.

I may be remembering incorrectly but I think that Kim said that there was no treatment for Oscar's tumor and that's why she did't tell him; there was nothing anyone could do. That's why she jumped on the trial so eagerly, at last there was something that they could try.

I still think the show killing Oscar off is a punishment of sorts regardless. (And I will always side-eye her not doing anything until now. How would she know something wouldn't work without trying it? Water under the bridge at this point, I know.)

Share this post


Link to post

I think the Oscar has cancer story came out of nowhere because Miller decided to stick around and they needed to give him something and refuse to do anything on Drew's past, so the show came up with this. I feel strongly EH was brought on to send him off the canvas in a storyline to give up mob secrets to the DA.  At the same time, CVE does have an obsession with Oscar/Joss and thinks they are Stone/Robin, and he will do everything possible to try and recreate that in the last few months of Oscar's life.

They already have Cam as Oscar's replacement for Joss. Much like Jasus swooped in for Robin back in the day.

I personally would not mind seeing Kim/Drew leave with Oscar when he dies.  This story has made Kim even worse than she originally was and Drew has no place on this show if Jasus is constantly going to be involved in every single thing he does and they refuse to give him back his memories.

Edited by Hater

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How would she know something wouldn't work without trying it?

What could she do without the oncologist agreeing to it? She couldn't order chemotherapy or radiation because she's not an oncologist and she's his mother, the AMA would suspend her. (The one time I brought my oncologist a study with a promising new treatment for cancer fatigue, she told me that it wasn't "standard of care" and shut me down.)

I don't think the show is going to kill Oscar off though, in spite of all the calls for him to be Ryan's next victim.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What could she do without the oncologist agreeing to it?

I don't know, but It just never seemed to me that Kim exhausted all possibilities before getting to PC. As if they wouldn't try something before entirely giving up. It's really annoying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Draw another circle, Sam. But make sure you don't draw any lines showing the connections between the characters because that would be a major mess.

Not to mention her first circle after Oscar was Jason "because he's your nephew."  Then Drew because "he's your brother."  OMFG, he's OSCAR'S FATHER, you pathetic Jason boot-licking inept PI. 

Also, bravo, show, for once again making Sam's cons seem somehow more moral than a kid "living off his trust fund" and a guy 'wanting a trophy wife." 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

While I appreciate a heartbreaking cancer story it would be nice if Oscar loooked, um, somewhat, um, sick. He looks like he’s ready for a J Crew photo shoot. I’m guessing they are planning on going with through killing Oscar off. Of course, a wonder drug (which Sonny will find) could be right around the corner. I liked the Scotty & Laura scenes. I wish they’d do more of them. That said, I do like Laura with Kevin and I’m sure they’ll be tougher soon whenever the Ryan storyline ends. That might be a while though. I think FV and JL like Ryan more and will continue the murder spree until no one is left.

The opening credits were too dumb and too fast. Why bother at all? Do a title card and start the show. That said, bring back the 70’s ambulance. It couldn’t be that much longer, right? I remember when it took them forever to dump that opening when all of the other soaps had updated their opening years prior.  

Just checked. The ambulance opening was 18 seconds. It might be too long. LOL!!!!

 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, bravo, show, for once again making Sam's cons seem somehow more moral than a kid "living off his trust fund" and a guy 'wanting a trophy wife." 

Ugh, I know. The show really waffles on showing Sam's regret for that part of her life. She gets all huffy that she was called a gold-digging tramp, when she certainly was in it for the money. And the nerve of these people wanting to make her suffer for what she did to their relatives! Don't they know she's put the past behind her? Gah.

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Of course, a wonder drug (which Sonny will find) could be right around the corner.

Please. Jason will stumble across it somehow—probably in one of the books he's reading. *snerk*

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The show really waffles on showing Sam's regret for that part of her life. She gets all huffy that she was called a gold-digging tramp, when she certainly was in it for the money. And the nerve of these people wanting to make her suffer for what she did to their relatives! Don't they know she's put the past behind her? Gah.

Her whole half-hearted "he wasn't totally wrong" comment.  Um, he was TOTALLY RIGHT, you idiot.  You had zero good intentions going into that marriage.  Your entire goal was to bilk him of his money.  Of course his son is going to hold that against you.  Yet Sam and Jason act like Shiloh is the devil for wanting vengeance.  Sit down, you two morons.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Can't anyone have a legit gripe against Sam/Jason/Carly/Sonny? (Rhetorical; of course they can't.)

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

So somehow Shilo is bad??  Sam conned his dad out of his inheritance yet he is the bad guy.  Think if it was Nell and she conned Sonny--all hell would break lose, but because it was Sam then Shilo is wrong--Wow

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Her whole half-hearted "he wasn't totally wrong" comment.  Um, he was TOTALLY RIGHT, you idiot.  You had zero good intentions going into that marriage.  Your entire goal was to bilk him of his money.  Of course his son is going to hold that against you.  Yet Sam and Jason act like Shiloh is the devil for wanting vengeance.  Sit down, you two morons.

They’re so freaking insufferable. I hope Drew tells her to go kick rocks today. The moron can’t even draw a proper diagram.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand this con. Is Sam supposed to have completely wiped this guy out? How? Also, why? Wasn't the point to take enough money that the "husband" would be embarrassed to admit it,  but not so much that he'd send the cops after her?

And why would she have done it five times if she got so much money from one guy? Because she ran this con at least one more time with Amelia's father - he was the last one.

I have only the vaguest memories of that terrible Amelia story. But from what I recall, Sam was ashamed of it, and Amelia came after Sam because her father died during the con, not because Sam took all of his money.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, but Sam needed the money* for her disabled brother's group home.  So it's okay. 

*Lots and lots of money.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I might have missed this because I don't pay close attention, but has Sam even mentioned her motive for her conwoman-hood?  Wasn't it about supporting her brother?  That would be a better rationale than, "Well, they were old and groddy and deserved it!".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I know. The show really waffles on showing Sam's regret for that part of her life. She gets all huffy that she was called a gold-digging tramp, when she certainly was in it for the money. And the nerve of these people wanting to make her suffer for what she did to their relatives! Don't they know she's put the past behind her? Gah.

Please. Jason will stumble across it somehow—probably in one of the books he's reading. *snerk*

I honestly meant Jason but typed Sonny. Too funny!

Share this post


Link to post

Today's version of the horrible new credits started with Carly getting the (extremely slightly slower) opening shot, followed immediately by Sonny, and Jason still last.  Also, there were a bunch of repeats even though some people haven't made it in at all yet.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Oh, but Sam needed the money* for her disabled brother's group home.  So it's okay. 

*Lots and lots of money.

Right. But there's no indication that Sam has ever had lots and lots of money. When she showed up in Port Charles she was on a salvage boat. And she never wanted Jason for his money.

Are group homes that expensive?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This show has really overestimated how invested the audience is in Oscar's fate, or about him and Joss.

And there's Carly to make it about Morgan, ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

As someone who gets headaches and migraines at the drop of a hat, those credits have done nothing to help.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This show has really overestimated how invested the audience is in Oscar's fate, or about him and Joss.

And there's Carly to make it about Morgan, ugh.

They have a history of believing the audience cares about particular forgettable characters, but this is next level. This Oscar kid is so irrelevant, the actors are atrocious (both him and the chick who plays Joss), I can’t even begin to muster energy to discuss this storyline in any way. Which is why I’ve never said a word on it, lol.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

As someone who gets headaches and migraines at the drop of a hat, those credits have done nothing to help.

I just don't get it.  I mean, it would still be bland and identity-free regardless, but if they're going to do multiple versions anyway, why not show half the number of pics and slow it down?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I know it isn't the en vogue thing anymore, but I miss the intro with the ambulance, cheesy saxophone music, some random action shots, and the head shots of the characters with their names. I know that the "in" thing is minimal intro, but I wouldn't mind seeing them bring something from that style intro back.  I don't really care for the faces changing rapidly.  It reminds me of that weird Big 12 commerical a few years back where the coaches morphed into each other.

(I will say Kliff Kingsbury morphing into Charlie Weiss was pretty funny, though)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

That picture of Burton is frightening at the end of the credits.

Gollum!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ciarra said:

Oh, but Sam needed the money* for her disabled brother's group home.  So it's okay. 

*Lots and lots of money.

How many more of Sam's former marks are going to come out of the woodwork? This Shiloh story is such a retread of the Amelia story from 10, 11 years ago. Amelia planned to use her show "Everyday Heroes" to get revenge on Sam for conning her father out of money and killing him. Sam's excuse back then was also that she needed money for Danny's medical care. The only difference is that Sam was actually justified in killing Amelia's father because he tried to kill her when he found her trying to rob him.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just don't get it.  I mean, it would still be bland and identity-free regardless, but if they're going to do multiple versions anyway, why not show half the number of pics and slow it down?

At least if I were a new viewer, I would be able to tell who the show regarded as its star characters: Sonny, Carly, and Jason, since they appear at the beginning and end credits. The most important in a television show or a movie usually get top and last billing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I know it isn't the en vogue thing anymore, but I miss the intro with the ambulance, cheesy saxophone music, some random action shots, and the head shots of the characters with their names. I know that the "in" thing is minimal intro, but I wouldn't mind seeing them bring something from that style intro back.  

Aw man, I love and miss that intro!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I so wanted Drew to snap and lose his shit at Sam as she was rambling on about Shiloh and her drama. I thought there was a chance since he was giving her his, 'can't stand the sight of you' look typically reserved for Burton, which surprised me. Of course the opposite happened and Drew ended up praising and reassuring Sam for her total lack of self awareness once she finally, sort of, remembered Drew may not have time for this on account of his dying son. Even though she didn't know when she got there that the trial failed, the kid is still sick. It should've been the first thing she asked when she saw him. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, CharethCutestory said:

I'm not one for plot lines to linger on forever with no logical pacing or conclusion (see: Mike, the Baby swap, Ryan, just to name a few) but did Sam and Jason seriously sit down with a laptop and a copy of Shilo's version of Dianetics and figure out all the tentacles of this thing, complete with doodle, in twenty minutes? Seriously? I mean I know Google is a handy tool but, come on. I'm the last one to sign up for Jasam hijinks since I loathe the sight of them, but they couldn't have them go a few places first, follow some clues, ask some more people questions before landing on 10 revelations at once? Shiloh was just revealed all of two days ago. Soaps aren't the gig they used to be, but there has to be thousands of struggling writers out there that would be grateful to cobble together a better show than what we have now.

And of course Sam is at the center of this. I can't wait to watch her whisper and zombie act through even more scenes! There was the big revelation that this guy is the son of one of your first "marks" and it was like Jason told her they were out of milk. I caaaaaaan't. 

I rag on BM all the time because he's always such a pill in every scene but when Terry told them that Oscar's treatment didn't take I think he did a good job. The rest of the episode not so much but I thought he looked appropriately bewildered and devastated by the news. Eden was also on point when they told Oscar in the hospital room. Her expressions said it all. 

Who is Eden?

Share this post


Link to post

So the entire episode consisted of the characters talking about Oscar dying with Sam ranting about Hank?  Billy looks annoyed in most of his scenes but I tend to think he played his scenes right with Sam today as she was ranting about Shiloh/Hank.  Of course he's not going to be interested in hearing what she has to say when he was just told his son will die.  It was extra selfish of her when everyone else was moping about Oscar and Sam was in her own "my past, blah blah blah."

Too bad I still don't care about Oscar, no matter how much time they dedicate to every SINGLE character speaking of his impending death.  Just kill him already. 

Edited by Hater
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It's especially insensitive since she knows how it feels to have a child with cancer.

Also? Both Drew's son and Jason's son have been diagnosed with cancer. Somebody should probably keep an eye on Scout and Jake.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

 losing her oldest grandchild to cancer is just too much for me.  I want Oscar to get better so Monica can take him to Europe to meet his aunt Tracy during his summer vacation.    

I want Aunt Tracy to return from Europe briefly, and tell Monica's oldest grandchild, Michael, that he's a shitty Quartermaine, and worse, he's a shitty grandson, for living in Monica's house and being on good terms with Sonny after all the hell and loss Monica has suffered because of Sonny. Then she can turn to Oscar and say, "So, you're Alan's latest grandson. I hear you're dating Carly's daughter? Kid, you can do soooo much better. "

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

This show really needs Tracy to come home.  She and Monica have such an interesting and colorful relationship yet the will always have each other's backs.  Tracy and Monica are wonderful co-matriarchs of the Quartermaine  family.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

LOL at Joss and her sudden scorn for mainstream medicine. She really sounds like a desperate 15-year-old, so kudos to the writers for that. And I liked how they wrote Carly, as sympathetic but gently pointing out it's all hooey. LW was really good in those scenes.

Do we think Carly would have offered the jet to Drew, Kim, and Oscar if Joss hadn't asked? 

I can't believe Sam is upset that Drew wasn't shocked—shocked!—about all the Shiloh/Hank coincidences. Even without the Oscar situation, Drew's world does not revolve around Sam. Ugh.

Thank Jasus both Eden McCoy and Garren Stitt are underage so we won't get a sex story with Joss and Oscar.

Wouldn't Alexis know who the judge in Cam's case would be?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we think Carly would have offered the jet to Drew, Kim, and Oscar if Joss hadn't asked? 

Isn't Drew a Quartermaine?  As in, "We have our own jet, thanks."

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wouldn't Alexis know who the judge in Cam's case would be?

Yes, I think it's a ridiculous plot contrivance that she wouldn't know. 

I'm still seeing the sparkly hoyay! between Oscar and Cam. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Right. But there's no indication that Sam has ever had lots and lots of money. When she showed up in Port Charles she was on a salvage boat. And she never wanted Jason for his money.

 

When JaScam had their quickie divorce right after SBu came back wasn't there some dialog about how Scam had her own money (and lots of it)?

eh  it's easy enough to retcon that Scam moved on to Jason for his $$ after striking out with Jax and Sonny.  Too bad the current writing team can't stumble their way to character driven drama.  Just odd plot points that barely connect  I just don't understand how ABC allows this to continue  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, makelemons said:

When JaScam had their quickie divorce right after SBu came back wasn't there some dialog about how Scam had her own money (and lots of it)?

eh  it's easy enough to retcon that Scam moved on to Jason for his $$ after striking out with Jax and Sonny.  Too bad the current writing team can't stumble their way to character driven drama.  Just odd plot points that barely connect  I just don't understand how ABC allows this to continue  

They don't care. GEEH fills a spot.  This show will be canned, not changed imo when someone new in charge gets hired at ABC and sees this shit show one day and wonders, 'why are we wasting money on this?'  Said person will become the enemy of the fans but I feel FV is never going anywhere, and it's him, Varni and others BTS who are the biggest issues with this show.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm still seeing the sparkly hoyay! between Oscar and Cam. 

DEFINITELY. I am here for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Eeyore has to die. They gave him one of the worst cancers you can get. Let's be realistic for once and follow thru with a death. I don't need Patrick nor Robin coming on in the last minute to save his ass. They suck as doctors lately anyway given they operated on a Fake Jake and I don't know who the hell Robin worked on in that clinic now that they rewrote Faison having Drew that time instead of him being with Robin that time chilling in that egg.

Sure Monica will be losing another grandkid, but she just got 2 miracles in the form of back from the dead Jake and Jason. Drew is still young enough to make her more grandkids.

So unless they recast his dull ass, bye bye Eeyore.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Please. Jason will stumble across it somehow—probably in one of the books he's reading. *snerk*

Hee! Don't give them any ideas! I could be misremembering but wasn't pre-accident Jason premed? I can already see a scene with Jason reading medical journals and finding a cure for Oscar.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Isn't Drew a Quartermaine?  As in, "We have our own jet, thanks."

This.  Also, Carly walked into the mansion and her first words to Drew were, "Joss is really upset"   ie: you'd better take the jet I'm loaning and find a cure so my poor precious princess can not be upset anymore.  

 

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

between Oscar and Cam. 

I read this as Oscar and Sam and was completely grossed out!!  Also WL was doing all the heavy lifting in those Cam/Oscar scenes.  I get that we're back to depressed Oscar of the jean shirt, after a mere three week reprieve but guh, does he have any other emotion in his bag of tricks.

8 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

They gave him one of the worst cancers you can get

And both Terri on MOnday and Kim yesterday painted a very clear picture of the size of the tumour and that it was wrapped around nerves and whatnot, ergo, no way you can remove that.  Facebook people are getting their panties in a bunch that Patrick should be called in, and are not interested in the fact that JT is now on another soap and that two seperate doctors have already said it's inooperable, as well as whoever else Kim consulted with yesterday.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ciarra said:
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wouldn't Alexis know who the judge in Cam's case would be?

Yes, I think it's a ridiculous plot contrivance that she wouldn't know. 

I'm still reeling about Cam having to pay for his crime for convoluted pot buying, while Diane would have threatened the Judge with abusing her client's Third Amendment rights if the Unholy Foursome were on trial (plus, bemoaning how the Justice System was out to get them).

 

10 hours ago, ciarra said:
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we think Carly would have offered the jet to Drew, Kim, and Oscar if Joss hadn't asked? 

Isn't Drew a Quartermaine?  As in, "We have our own jet, thanks."

Not to mention:

* They have Brick and Spinelli to research and find a miracle cure.

* Obrecht is roaming around, and she's a Devil to Do Business With for a Miracle Cure.

* Not to mention Valentin Cassadine

* And oh, yeah, who was it that was so desperate for a kidney for his daughter, he went to the black market? That's right..... JOSS' DAD, JAX!

(And no one brought up Joss' kidney? Really???)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Perkie said:

This.  Also, Carly walked into the mansion and her first words to Drew were, "Joss is really upset"   ie: you'd better take the jet I'm loaning and find a cure so my poor precious princess can not be upset anymore.

Carly walking into the Q mansion demanding anything, when she covered FOR THE MURDERER OF THE HOMEOWNER'S SON, will never not irritate me.  Need something from Drew, Carls?  Offer to buy him a latte at Dunkin' Corinthos.  Do.  Not.  Go.  To.  Monica's.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, ulkis said:

 

I think they should have killed off Edward after David Lewis died. Edward was a buffon clown easy opponent with the recast.

 

Minor nitpick: David Lewis retired from acting when he left GH in 1993; he didn't die until 2001. I think that's why they felt free to recast Edward; they probably would've felt differently had he died instead. 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, makelemons said:

When JaScam had their quickie divorce right after SBu came back wasn't there some dialog about how Scam had her own money (and lots of it)?

I don't think so. Diane basically said that Sam/Drew had no assets, and that Jason owned everything including Sam's PI Agency. But IIRC, Sam used her own money from her reality show for that. Jason did contribute, but that was in exchange for Sam taking on Spinelli as her partner.

it's too bad, I liked that set.

Speaking of missing sets, does Billy Drew still work at Restless Style Aurora? Or did that just exist so that FV could introduce LWB/FS?

Edited by Oracle42

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly walking into the Q mansion demanding anything, when she covered FOR THE MURDERER OF THE HOMEOWNER'S SON, will never not irritate me.  Need something from Drew, Carls?  Offer to buy him a latte at Dunkin' Corinthos.  Do.  Not.  Go.  To.  Monica's.

The way her and Sonny waltz in there drives me insane.  

And, yeah, Drew is a Quartermaine--he doesn't need Sonny's dirty money to get his son experimental treatmeants.  Fuck off, show, with your constant need to shoehorn S/C into every storyline on the canvas.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Today's version of the horrible new credits started with Laura, Sonny was fourth, Carly was somewhere in the middle, and Jason still last.  Also, I saw Mac and Ned slip in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Speaking of missing sets, does Billy Drew still work at Restless Style Aurora? Or did that just exist so that FV could introduce LWB/FS?

Drew does still work there, but we haven’t seen him in an office for ages.

Share this post


Link to post

What's going on with Mike puts things in perspective for Sonny? Not the time what's-his-name blew up?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Was Carly being especially smug on purpose or was that just her face when she told Sam to tell Jason hello as Sam was leaving?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×