Jump to content
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ned wants Lulu's press credentials revoked? O

No.  Today, Ned asked Jordan if there is a leak in the PCPD since they were the only ones going with the serial killer angle until Lulu's article came out.  Jordan said Lulu had been hanging around the past few days and she cuts her some slack since she's Dante's wife.  That's when Ned said to cut her privileges, which is more about making sure Lulu doesn't get a chance to overhear something or snoop into a file.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

What's sadder, filming scenes in the dressing room hallway or crack den park? You decide!

I think the park is worse, the fence just ruins everything!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does Ryan own an invisibility cloak or something.  How the eff is he able to transfer the bodies to high populated locations without anyone knowing?  I'll give them a pass on Mary Pat, because I think he shoved her head in the barrel the night before the party and the gallery is not an overly populated area.  With Kiki, he might get a bit of a pass, since he could have moved the body while everyone was at the church for the wedding and no one was at the Star.  But this one?  No one saw him go into the Metrcourt, up the elevator, through the restaurant and onto the balcony with Peyton's body?  Shut up with that nonsense.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

No.  Today, Ned asked Jordan if there is a leak in the PCPD since they were the only ones going with the serial killer angle until Lulu's article came out.  Jordan said Lulu had been hanging around the past few days and she cuts her some slack since she's Dante's wife.  That's when Ned said to cut her privileges, which is more about making sure Lulu doesn't get a chance to overhear something or snoop into a file.  

There are two murders within two months of each others, both on holidays. (That is an angle and a connection even if Lulu wouldn't have thought of it when she wrote her article). Both were women, both in some form worked in the medical field. How hard would it have been for a reporter or a citizen to come up with a serial killer theory? The PCPD isn't that special, Ned.

No jokes about Lulu's journalism smarts or lack thereof, please. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I did find it a bit sad that Lulu was all by herself and ringing in the new year with Laura.  Makes me miss Dante, but he's better off away.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
17 minutes ago, Perkie said:

No.  Today, Ned asked Jordan if there is a leak in the PCPD since they were the only ones going with the serial killer angle until Lulu's article came out.  Jordan said Lulu had been hanging around the past few days and she cuts her some slack since she's Dante's wife.  That's when Ned said to cut her privileges, which is more about making sure Lulu doesn't get a chance to overhear something or snoop into a file.  

There are two murders within two months of each others, both on holidays. (That is an angle and a connection even if Lulu wouldn't have thought of it when she wrote her article). Both were women, both in some form worked in the medical field. How hard would it have been for a reporter or a citizen to come up with a serial killer theory? The PCPD isn't that special, Ned.

Yeah, but Lulu DID get her information from the PCPD file, so Ned isn't wrong.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The preview: Ned wants Lulu's press credentials revoked? Oh, Ned. That's getting into First Amendment territory, and you don't want to go there.

If he wants them revoked on the grounds that Lulu has zero education or training as a journalist, well...

Whatever Ned's complaint of Lulu is, as mayor of Port Charles, though, he's on very shaky legal ground demanding her press credentials revoked. He'd be better off refusing comment whenever she asked.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And hey, remember how Spencer committed ELECTION FRAUD to keep Laura in this thing?  Ugh.

That got dropped faster than a hot potato. I really wanted the FBI to come to town and put the fear of God into Spencer. Or better yet, send him to juvie for a bit to give him a taste of accountability for his actions.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Sounded they sped up Auld Lang Syne about triple the speed.

Why the handheld camera action lens even in the metro court? It looks so amateurish!

Michael and Kristina still have the best chemistry. Just do it show, it would be soapy.

I really thought Maxie and Peter were gonna kiss by now. Just get the hell on with it already. See, they should have kissed at Christmas, because now when will they do it? A month from now is the anniversary of Nathan's death! That's pretty much the worst day they could pick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

he's on very shaky legal ground demanding her press credentials revoked.

He wasn't asking for her press credentials to be revoked.  Jordan say she lets Lulu hang out at the PCPD because she's Dante's wife and she misses him.  Though we know that Lulu's hanging out so she can get quotes from Chase and snoop into files.  Ned was essentially saying, stop letting Lulu hang out since she's clearly getting privileged info that she shouldn't.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Anytime Burton gets close to her face or is about to kiss, Kelly has this look on her face:

 

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.31.50 PM.png

What was even funnier was that he went in for the kiss, then spotted the dead body behind the giant snowman in the corner.  Way to say "i'm SO totally devoted to you nothing else  and noone else could possibly enter my thought process"

I guess I'll kiss you now......wait....what's in the corner not moving.....a dead body you say.......

Edited by Perkie
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

What was even funnier was that he went in for the kiss, then spotted the dead body behind the giant snowman in the corner.  Way to say "i'm totally devoted to you and noone else"

I guess I'll kiss you now......wait....what's in the corner not moving.....a dead body you say.......

Totally. He looked more excited to find the body than to kiss her.  As did she when she ran to her computer to check if Linda Black had sent her another email.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did Ryan start sleeping with Ava after he killed MaryP? Because he definitely slept with her after he murdered Kiki.

The first time they slept together was after he murdered Kiki.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ned was essentially saying, stop letting Lulu hang out since she's clearly getting privileged info that she shouldn't. 

Ah. I was commenting on the preview from yesterday, which of course didn't give context.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Linny said:

I typed and then deleted a whole paragraph about the ludicrous implausibility of Ryan transporting a dead body completely undetected on one of the busiest nights of the year, because none of that matters now that Jason has found the body. There's no room for logic and reason when Jason will surely solve the case based on nothing more than the sheer infallibility of his existence.

Ryan getting dead bodies into public places surrounded by lots of people but never being seen is one of his superpowers.  That and his ability misdirect police investigations by setting up innocent people on the spur of the moment. He makes use of both the Port Charles wormhole and Dr. Strange’s (Avengers) time loops.  

 

Updated - or what Perkie said...

Edited by Originalroux
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It's nice to know I wasn't alone when Kim said Oscar was conceived on New Year's Eve and I started doing the math of date of conception to birth.

Could someone explain why I care that the producer was murdered? Or Mary Pat, for that matter? If Kiki's death only slightly interested me (bothered is too strong of a word, although I think MW has being doing an awesome job of showing Ava's grief), why would I care about day players being killed?  How about killing off someone who actually matters?  Isn't that what serial killer/natural disaster/pandemic illnesses are all about? Killing off a couple of major characters?

Now, to be clear, I don't want Elizabeth or her kids killed off.  Or Scotty.  Or Laura.  Or Monica. Or Ned.  I'm iffy on Michael - he is so bloody dull, but he is a Quartermaine and damn it, we need more of them around.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

It's nice to know I wasn't alone when Kim said Oscar was conceived on New Year's Eve and I started doing the math of date of conception to birth.

Kim comes across as sneaky when the writers miss out on things like this. She also said that Oscar's father was a "dangerous man."  We've yet to see that from Drew and she doesn't seem fearful of him.   She's given the impression that at first it was sort of a nothing relationship, but then it changed to her being in love.  What is the true story here?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kim comes across as sneaky when the writers miss out on things like this. She also said that Oscar's father was a "dangerous man."  We've yet to see that from Drew and she doesn't seem fearful of him.   She's given the impression that at first it was sort of a nothing relationship, but then it changed to her being in love.  What is the true story here?

It's too bad they did the DNA test, because they could just have her con Drew with that guy Hank. We know he's going to turn out to be a bad guy since Jason is saying the man was a bit off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's too bad they did the DNA test, because they could just have her con Drew with that guy Hank. We know he's going to turn out to be a bad guy since Jason is saying the man was a bit off.

They can easily change that though because the audience never saw the DNA test, only Joss and Oscar.  Kim could have tampered with it.  But I will say that kid's paternity is not changing.  Frank really messed up on making Kim/Oscar Drew's past.  It just doesn't work.   A year later and the only thing that is ok is that Billy tries with Garren, more so than Tamara.  The rest is a mess. I don't buy them as a family. I don't buy that Drew was ever interested in Kim.  I don't buy that they would have anything in common outside of Oscar.  Unless they give Drew his memories, I don't know how they are going to make this Krew stuff work.  Drew was better off with Margo.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, makelemons said:
6 hours ago, Hater said:

They have negative body language.  Burton put his hands back into his pockets during their last kiss.

Kim and Drew are on the same level, maybe worse. 

I don't understand how the director or EP lets any of this negative body language air.  Aren't they all being paid to act?! Fake it!

They are actively making bad writing worse. And unless somebody has murdered someone else's dog, or has raging halitosis, they need to suck it up and do their jobs. It's just irritating at this point.  And it doesn't make me want the actors reunited, it reminds me that BM pulled the same crap on Y&R, and it makes me want them all (except TB, who is actually trying) to get the f*** off my soap opera.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Could someone explain why I care that the producer was murdered? Or Mary Pat, for that matter? If Kiki's death only slightly interested me (bothered is too strong of a word, although I think MW has being doing an awesome job of showing Ava's grief), why would I care about day players being killed?  How about killing off someone who actually matters?  Isn't that what serial killer/natural disaster/pandemic illnesses are all about? Killing off a couple of major characters?

 

The last time the show had a serial killer on the show not named Franco, TMK aka Diego killed Georgie and Emily, two female characters from prominent families. I am actually okay with killing off minor characters or dayplayers.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Sam was so hesitant, asking Jason what she should do about her stalker and then so relieved what he pronounced his words of wisdom, it totally gave lie to the show trying to sell that Sam was oppressed with Drew and is a strong, self-confident woman now that she has Jason.

I thought that SBu looked particularly unappetizing today. I would have hated to have to kiss him too.

Can we come up with some more holidays? Ryan needs to up his game and kill some of the show's deadwood.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:56 AM, dubbel zout said:

Willow doesn't know her baby is dead, right? Julian let her believe Wiley was hers?

Lord, what a mess this story is.

I don't think Julian knows that Wiley is dead, he thinks that the baby Lucas and Brad have is the original Wiley. Only Brad and Nelle know that this baby is Michael's offspring. Hey, it's almost like when Carly and Jason hid Michael's real parentage from AJ.

I bet Willow is attending the grief counseling to emphasize what a horrible person Julian is that he bullied her into leaving her baby with a stable married two-salary couple when she really wanted to keep him. (Maybe I'm a bad person but the Willow actress hasn't sold me on why, if she loves her baby so much, she gave him up.)

Why is Emma pushing her grandmother's boyfriend into moving in with Grandma? My guess is because this flirtation between Anna and Finn is so godawful that they have to pull everyone out of the woodwork - Epiphany, Emma, any prop they can -- to push it. But let's take a moment to think about the inappropriateness of a tween concerned about her grandmother's sex life.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, Hater said:

I think they will.  But then what happens after that?  It seems that pairing has nothing else to play out after they get married.  Unless they will go there and turn Franco back into a villain.  I tend to think they won't do that because of Uncle Frank.

I have a friend that I follow on twitter who is a relatively new viewer to GH.  I think she started watching when RoHo came on. It's interesting to read the tweets of the Friz fans. They see it as the healthiest family on the show (sadly true), the kids all are good actors, and they think that it can/should be the anchor family in Port Charle/s.

As much as I hated James Franco's Franco and RoHo's hasn't completely won me over, the Friz do have a point. Franco cares far more for Liz's boys than Jason does for his biological children.  I mean, who else is there? All of Sonny's and Carly's children are tainted, for all that Ned is a Quartermaine he's too sleazy for me, they're not going to do it with Lulu, and I really don't think I could take Jason and Sam being the anchor family of Port Charles.

23 hours ago, Hater said:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0572268/

This is the guy playing Hank.  I think he has potential to be good.

 

I like the actor, maybe leftover from Women's Murder Club. But at this point, the only likable male character is Chase. Even Curtis has been dragged down for Sam/Jason/Sonny storylines. (There is such a thing as ethics, Curtis, look it up.)  I wish he would stay but the writing is on the wall -- Jason doesn't trust him.

Okay, I like Ryan too when he's full out crazy fun.

Edited by statsgirl · Reason: accidenyally forgt to type "grand"
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think Julian knows that Wiley is dead, he thinks that the baby Lucas and Brad have is the original Wiley. Only Brad and Nelle know that this baby is Michael's offspring. Hey, it's almost like when Carly and Jason hid Michael's real parentage from AJ.

 

He knows the original Wiley is dead. He saw the nuWiley (Jonah) after the switch and realized it was two different babies. Brad begged for his help after telling him original Wiley died and a homeless woman gave him nuWiley. Julian talked to the Wiley's birth mother (Willow) so that would allow Lucas and Brad to adopt her son.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kim comes across as sneaky when the writers miss out on things like this. She also said that Oscar's father was a "dangerous man."  We've yet to see that from Drew and she doesn't seem fearful of him.   She's given the impression that at first it was sort of a nothing relationship, but then it changed to her being in love.  What is the true story here?

The writers retconning?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/28/2018 at 7:06 PM, statsgirl said:

They see it as the healthiest family on the show

Liz and her boys, sure. You could slot most of her former love interests in and that would be true.

But Liz/Franco? Or Franco as a father figure? No. No and Gross. I get that RoHo stans and new viewers may not care, but rapist/serial killer as patriarch of the show is not an improvement. It just isn't.*

Plus, every single Friz era "Liz" story has been a "Franco" story, and all the Franco stories have been raging dumpster fires - partially because the current writers are hot garbage and partially because Franco continues to be a terrible idea.

 

*Obviously not an endorsement of Carly/Sonny

Edited by Oracle42
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Sonny and Carly are the patriarch and matriarch of the show these days and while I loathe Franco, there is no difference between him and Sonny on the vile loathing level of complete shit.  He's a killer with a "heart of gold" as they say. BLAH.

Sonny killed AJ, a legacy character and the child of a foundational GH family.  But yes yes he's the moral center.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/26/2018 at 5:27 PM, nilyank said:

Well Oscar is not suppose to look like Drew. He supposed to look like Jason, as he and Drew were identical twins.

Actually I recall Monica telling Oscar "you have Alan's smile" and they continued talking (supposedly about Alan). So I assume we're supposed to think he resembles Alan.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The writers retconning?

Well of course but if they want me to actually give a crap about Kim Nero, they need to do better than this garbage back and forth, back and forth of bland rewrites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sounded they sped up Auld Lang Syne about triple the speed

ugh that was the worst rendition I have ever heard  and the music during the credits was the worst.  Did they hire some one's kid to do the music?  the whole NYE party was the worst!  The terrible music and awkward dancing guests, Olivia's boring speech, lame countdown.  So bad....

 

34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

inappropriateness of a tween concerned about her mother's sex life

*grandmother's sex life    

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Chase was downright twinkly today. I was smitten. Uh, Jason and Drew take note, that is how you look at a woman you are interested in. Those eyes he gave Willow when she wasn't even looking at him were smoking hot.

Um, Mikey get your own fucking date. Jesus God, way to move in on another guy's date like a predator.

Jason: "I was running the table at the Rib when a guy approached me..." Of course you were, boo. s0239.gif

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ned wants Lulu's press credentials revoked?

 No he wants her special privilege st the PCPD revoked. Jordan said she’s a ‘special case’ because she’s Dantes wife and is therefore afforded certain privileges. Ned correctly said that since she’s now a ‘journalist’ those privileges should be null and void. Especially since she’s sneaking around the precinct and taking photos of confidential information and then writing about that information.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

(Maybe I'm a bad person but the Willow actress hasn't sold me on why, if she loves her baby so much, she gave him up.)

Women don't usually give up their baby because they don't love it, they give it up because they can't care for it properly. Not the same thing at all.

But I agree we don't know much about why Willow gave up her baby. 

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

The last time the show had a serial killer on the show not named Franco, TMK aka Diego killed Georgie and Emily, two female characters from prominent families. I am actually okay with killing off minor characters or dayplayers.

The show treats women as way too disposable, but there's no point in having a serial killer running loose around town if there are no stakes. Day players and minor characters don't give the story any emotional punch.

There were a decent number of people at the NYE party.

Sam really can't accept a "Happy New Year" from Julian without giving him the stink eye? She's pathetic.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why someone who put their child up for adoption would go to a bereavement group.   As far as Willow knows, the child is still alive.  I would think that some other type of counseling would be more appropriate, rather than talking about a "dead" child with a group, and activities such as releasing balloons, etc. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Willow is going to the bereavement group so that she can meet Michael, don't cha know? I agree she would be better off elsewhere with a group of people doing through the same thing she is. Maybe on Facebook

What is the point of Sam hating on Julian still? Even Kristina has come around. Are they afraid that we will forget what a horrible person Julian is if Sam doesn't take Joss' attitude and kick it up to 11?

2 hours ago, Hater said:

Sonny and Carly are the patriarch and matriarch of the show these days and while I loathe Franco, there is no difference between him and Sonny on the vile loathing level of complete shit.  He's a killer with a "heart of gold" as they say. BLAH.

I know I won't change anyone's mind but let me give futility a try:

The thing for me is that while I loathed the original Franco and didn't much like him when RoHo came on board either. But in the last two  years, he's been supportive of Liz and her kids, got a kind of prickly friendship with Drew, supported Kiki, and we're given to understand that he's doing useful work at the hospital with his art therapy.

At the same time, we've seen Ned get into bed with a shady developer, Sonny endlessly talk about murdering Margaux's father and throwing his weight around as a mob boss, and Jason practically salivating at the idea of being able to murder his son's grandfather.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Women don't usually give up their baby because they don't love it, they give it up because they can't care for it properly. Not the same thing at all.

But I agree we don't know much about why Willow gave up her baby.

Willow is self-supporting with a decent job, she's a teacher which means she has summers off, and as far as we know, there was no impediment either financially, society-wise or emotionally (e.g. she was raped) to explain why she felt she had to give up her son even though she wanted to keep him so badly.

They need to tell us more and not just leave it to the actress to spin gold out of mud.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Hater said:

Laura hasn't figured this out yet. Can't believe GF came back for this.

 

She's closer than I thought they'd let her come. She's the one running around town talking to people to try to put together clues. Honestly, I don't know that "in real life" it would be considered dimwitted to be pursuing the psychotic break angle rather than the "my real husband is being held prisoner and his twin isn't dead after all" theory. 

What will be interesting is when she starts to worry that Kevin is doing these killings.

6 hours ago, Linny said:

Well, the nicest thing I can say about the JaSam kiss was that it was a marginal step up from Drew and Kim's, which was "cover your eyes and watch through your fingers" levels of awkward. Seriously, Drew acted so uptight during Kim's recounting of their sexual history that the subsequent kiss was nakedly forced and came out of nowhere. It was like Drew was kissing his sister or something, yeesh. Just YIKES all the way around.

 

It was so weird the way Billy Miller played it as if Kim was describing explosive diarrhea or something, as opposed to a very PG recounting of the night his beloved son was conceived. Those "Yikes -- TMI, woman!" reactions were an interesting acting choice on his part. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam really can't accept a "Happy New Year" from Julian without giving him the stink eye? She's pathetic.

Seriously.  The snot she throws at him every time she sees him is over-the-top and extreme.  Especially when her ~soulmate is every bit as criminal as Julian--if not more, given he's still in "the business."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sounded they sped up Auld Lang Syne about triple the speed.

Why the handheld camera action lens even in the metro court? It looks so amateurish!

Michael and Kristina still have the best chemistry. Just do it show, it would be soapy.

I really thought Maxie and Peter were gonna kiss by now. Just get the hell on with it already. See, they should have kissed at Christmas, because now when will they do it? A month from now is the anniversary of Nathan's death! That's pretty much the worst day they could pick.

Sounds good to me. It's not like they were actually related. Let him be ask actual Quartermaine and then they can get together for all I care. Maybe it could bring life to both characters and if it doesn't, I can fast forward once storyline instead of 2.

4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

It's nice to know I wasn't alone when Kim said Oscar was conceived on New Year's Eve and I started doing the math of date of conception to birth.

Could someone explain why I care that the producer was murdered? Or Mary Pat, for that matter? If Kiki's death only slightly interested me (bothered is too strong of a word, although I think MW has being doing an awesome job of showing Ava's grief), why would I care about day players being killed?  How about killing off someone who actually matters?  Isn't that what serial killer/natural disaster/pandemic illnesses are all about? Killing off a couple of major characters?

Now, to be clear, I don't want Elizabeth or her kids killed off.  Or Scotty.  Or Laura.  Or Monica. Or Ned.  I'm iffy on Michael - he is so bloody dull, but he is a Quartermaine and damn it, we need more of them around.

I would LOVE it if one of the Fab 4 were killed. Sonny works be preferable, but Sam our Vastl Carly would be my second choice. I hesitate to say Jason because Monica lost enough.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously.  The snot she throws at him every time she sees him is over-the-top and extreme.  Especially when her ~soulmate is every bit as criminal as Julian--if not more, given he's still in "the business."

It's gross.  I wish Julian would throw her off a cliff just like Olivia. She's mad about the knife attack? Alexis is cordial with him, Kristina, etc.  Mad about Olivia almost killing her baby? She doesn't think about Scout ever. 

I'm just going to leave this here.  RE: Hank

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Did Sam forget that Julian saved Danny's life by donating bone marrow?

Did Jason (SBu Jason) ever ask Sam about being tested as a match or does he just figure that Julian and/or Drew will cover it?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think Hank looks a bit like Julian in that picture.

True.  But Frank and Hank? FV has found a new "Franco?" Maybe?

I would love if he was made the cult leader getting everyone to drink the kool aid just like FV does with the executives. 

Edited by Hater
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, LexieLily said:
15 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Did Sam forget that Julian saved Danny's life by donating bone marrow?

Did Jason (SBu Jason) ever ask Sam about being tested as a match or does he just figure that Julian and/or Drew will cover it?

The second question seems more important than the first to me. Because I don't think it's ever come up and that is both ridiculous and bad soap.

Meanwhile, Julian explicitly use Danny as a shield while pursuing his dumb mob war with Sonny,  so I don't know how much mileage that gets him with either Jason or Sam. Because Sam was incredibly grateful when he got tested and when he donated, less so when she learned he was using her kid.

15 hours ago, LexieLily said:
15 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Did Sam forget that Julian saved Danny's life by donating bone marrow?

Did Jason (SBu Jason) ever ask Sam about being tested as a match or does he just figure that Julian and/or Drew will cover it?

The second question seems more important than the first to me. Because I don't think it's ever come up and that is both ridiculous and bad soap.

Meanwhile, Julian explicitly used Danny as a shield while pursuing his dumb mob war with Sonny,  so I don't know how much mileage that gets him with either Jason or Sam. Because Sam was incredibly grateful when he got tested and when he donated, less so when she learned he was using her kid.

Edited by Oracle42

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, statsgirl said:

The thing for me is that while I loathed the original Franco and didn't much like him when RoHo came on board either. But in the last two  years, he's been supportive of Liz and her kids, got a kind of prickly friendship with Drew, supported Kiki, and we're given to understand that he's doing useful work at the hospital with his art therapy.

At the same time, we've seen Ned get into bed with a shady developer,

Ned got involved with a shady developer. He didn't actually do anything shady, he was just going to gentrify a bad neighborhood. 

Franco is an actual serial killer who paid someone to rape a boy, sexually assaulted a woman who had done nothing to him except be the love interest of his obsession, kidnapped several other women because they were important to the guy he was obsessed with, and set off a bomb in the middle of a large and populous city. Then, after his Evil!Tumah was removed, he: attempted matricide, helped kidnap a newborn, planned to murder the witness to this kidnapping,extorted and blackmailed both Ned and Olivia to avoid having to get a frikkin job, stalked the woman he is currently engaged to and locked a human being in a dog cage with a shock collar on his neck. He also regularly trespasses on Liz's boundaries.

But I've decided I totally want him to become the patriarch of this show. I want them to give him a world's bestest dad mug and put him in a cardigan have him do nothing but good works - cuz I'm pretty sure RoHo would get really tired of it really quickly. He'd finally leave and TIIC would finally kill off this rancid ass character

On 12/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, statsgirl said:
Edited by Oracle42
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What is the point of Sam hating on Julian still? Even Kristina has come around. Are they afraid that we will forget what a horrible person Julian is if Sam doesn't take Joss' attitude and kick it up to 11?

I don't care if Sam hates Julian, but her attitude when she sees him is so irritating. She goes to Charlie's and gets annoyed he's at the business he owns. So don't go there! She gives him the stink eye for having the nerve to wishing her and her thug date a happy new year. Say thanks and move on! She runs into him at various places around town. Ignore him! Gah.

8 hours ago, Hater said:

Mad about Olivia almost killing her baby?

While Julian has some culpability there for not letting people know Olivia was in town (even if she did threaten his family), that's still all on Olivia. Sam needs to grow the fuck up.

6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Meanwhile, Julian explicitly use Danny as a shield while pursuing his dumb mob war with Sonny,  so I don't know how much mileage that gets him with either Jason or Sam. Because Sam was incredibly grateful when he got tested and when he donated, less so when she learned he was using her kid.

What other leverage does Julian have? Sonny and Jason are itching to get rid of him for good. It's gross Julian is emotionally blackmailing everyone with that, but under the circumstances, I can't really blame Julian. Dude is trying to turn his life around and stay out of trouble. Why is that so hard to everyone to accept? And for Sonny to get on his high horse is the worst. I'm a bit surprised Sonny didn't try to blame Julian for Lauren's death, given that Julian is Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot rolled into one.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam really can't accept a "Happy New Year" from Julian without giving him the stink eye? She's pathetic.

Especially considering she spoke to Olivia and Ned just moments later about her and Jason's gratitude that Danny is a cancer survivor. Umm, without that bone marrow transplant from Julian, Sam, you wouldn't have a healthy son now. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible that this Ryan/Kevin story is actually a DID story and not a return from the dead story?  It just seems odd to me that no one at Ferncliff notices that patient Wilson and Dr Collins are identical.  Is it possible that Kevin did suffer a psychotic break because of the 25th anniversary and it's been him all along?  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On the one hand, I understand where Sam is coming from. Julian's association with Liv nearly got Alexis killed and Sam got thrown off from the bridge while she was pregnant and she had to unforgivably give birth through the her pants. And she got sick from that and they thought Scout might be sick from that. She has reasons to give him the stink eye, but I wish they would just move on from this already.

Julian is not part of Danny or Scout's lives. If she hates him that much, she can stay away from him and if the writers insist that they need to breathe the same air, then the least they can do is make Sam more civil. She isn't a Julian fan, he knows that, but he's turned his life around which is more than what I can say about her thug baby daddy who learned diddly squat from his 5 years of captivity.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

It's so lazy of the writers. It never stops irritating me that this show takes absolutely zero creative chances. Oh, sorry, the handheld camera and the "location" shooting are innovations on this fakakta show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×