Lisin

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

That house they chose in the Atlanta (Alpharetta) episode was pretty awful. No curb appeal at all. Weird spiral-like staircase. The house seemed so choppy. That indoor terrarium thing? Is that what you call it? I really thought they would go with house number one. 

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

That house they chose in the Atlanta (Alpharetta) episode was pretty awful. No curb appeal at all. Weird spiral-like staircase. The house seemed so choppy. That indoor terrarium thing? Is that what you call it? I really thought they would go with house number one. 

I think the house they bought, based on the view, was in Kennesaw. They did show a Kennesaw water tower at one point. Gorgeous view.

I thought it was in Marietta. In any case I thought it was awful. I find it odd that they couldn't find 3 houses in one area within their budget.

• Like 2

That third house was hideous, so I was sure that would be the one they bought.  Miss Picky-pants had no taste, so i figured it would appeal to her.  

I hope they never get any pets, because that weird planter area under the stairs looked like a great pee spot.

The first house looked like there was a spiral staircase from the kitchen area down to the garage.  I can’t imagine trying to drag grocery bags up that every week.

Edited by Mittengirl
  • Like 2

I don't think anyone has commented on the McKinney, Texas couple from an episode earlier this week.  One of the houses they saw looked like it had been been done by Joanna Gaines on speed.  Barn doors everywhere, ship lap on so many walls I lost count, and that rustic look paint job in every room it seemed.  If a realtor had shown me that house, my first question would have been "When will it be remodeled and finished?"   That look is going to get old fast, but if you have a toddler that likes to draw on walls, you won't be able to see the damage.  I'm glad they did not choose that house.  Now I can't even remember which house they did buy.  

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, Ohwell said:

Not just snakes, but I imagined a serial killer or other criminal hiding from police in that shed.

While I didn't care for any of the houses, I thought the Tallahassee family was very nice.  I missed the first few minutes, so what does she do for a living, and what kinds of DIY projects was she referring to?   

She refinished/restored old furniture and wanted a space to do that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

Ok, thanks.  That's an interesting hobby, which makes me like her even more. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, Ohwell said:

While I didn't care for any of the houses, I thought the Tallahassee family was very nice. 

Me too. When her dad was talking about the tool kit she got as a child, I thought that was so cute - and then when he gave her another one, I thought it was adorable when she teared up. I loved when she likened an open concept floor plan to a studio apartment - IMO she's exactly right. I thought she'd pick the second one since it was in her ideal neighborhood. I wouldn't have wanted a thing to do with that shed with the first house. You could have someone living back there and not know it!

• Like 5

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, Pickles said:

I liked the Tallahassee family too. I would be a little afraid of encountering snakes in that shed/carport area that she was going to use as her workshop. 

I live in N. Central Florida and I can verify the fact that there will be frogs, lizards, albino geckos, armadillos, raccoons, mosquitos, spiders, and worst of all snakes.   What a lovely family.  They were so sweet!

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

29 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

I live in N. Central Florida and I can verify the fact that there will be frogs, lizards, albino geckos, armadillos, raccoons, mosquitos, spiders, and worst of all snakes.  

ABSOLUTELY NOT. No ma'am!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

35 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

live in N. Central Florida and I can verify the fact that there will be frogs, lizards, albino geckos, armadillos, raccoons, mosquitos, spiders, and worst of all snakes.

And I cordially invite you to keep them all in your area.  Although even in far north we have raccoons, frogs, and mosquitoes. And while we have some, we lack the number and variety of nasty spiders and snakes!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I live in N. Central Florida and I can verify the fact that there will be frogs, lizards, albino geckos, armadillos, raccoons, mosquitos, spiders, and worst of all snakes.   What a lovely family.  They were so sweet!

And my personal favorite, the large palmetto bugs (roaches) that fly!  I live in Tallahassee, and was not familiar with the areas she was looking in, but thought those were high prices for those homes.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, Pickles said:

Guess I’m weird because I thought that place was cool. I did love the Time Machine Bathtub/Shower in that other house. I expected a disco ball to drop down from the ceiling! 😆

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 1:09 PM, CruiseDiva said:

That's great that she would want to do that but I don't know if I would want to tackle renovating that space. 

21 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Me too. When her dad was talking about the tool kit she got as a child, I thought that was so cute - and then when he gave her another one, I thought it was adorable when she teared up. I loved when she likened an open concept floor plan to a studio apartment - IMO she's exactly right. I thought she'd pick the second one since it was in her ideal neighborhood. I wouldn't have wanted a thing to do with that shed with the first house. You could have someone living back there and not know it!

I wasn't crazy about the houses too but I really liked that family. They were great to watch.

17 hours ago, Babalooie said:

Yeah that's why I wouldn't want to go into that shed thing as it was.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 12:18 AM, Dewey Decimate said:

Rochester, NY couple: It's great to see Andrea from Beverly Hills 90210 looking so fantastic for her age!

OMG!!! Just watching it now. Hysterical! And, so right. Too funny!

Chesapeake VA couple was grating on all my nerves. He wants shopping and a busy area. She wants something brand new. So, they moved to North Carolina. Okay. I don't care how close it is to the state line, who moves into a construction zone and into new school systems. Ugh. Pretentious guy, annoying wife and bratty teens. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ottis said:

There is a much bigger issue going on for the Chesapeake couple than which house they want to buy. 

Was thinking the same exact thing.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Loving the Rapid City SD wife for never uttering "Where's my white kitchen?". She liked all the non-white kitchens.

That was refreshing. 👏

The textured walls and ceilings in the house they bought were hideous. Who thought that was attractive ever? 😱

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The textured walls and ceilings in the house they bought were hideous. Who thought that was attractive ever

They really were. Did the couple mention getting rid of them? I was kind of dozing off.

When do you think Chesapeake wife realized her husband was gay? She knows.  Those looks and saying her husband was as project,  and he was flamboyantly gay. I think husband wanted closer access to restaurants and shopping to meet up with boyfriends. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Tara1665 said:

When do you think Chesapeake wife realized her husband was gay? She knows.  Those looks and saying her husband was as project,  and he was flamboyantly gay. I think husband wanted closer access to restaurants and shopping to meet up with boyfriends. 

We have watched A LOT of House Hunters episodes, and in our opinions the single mostly important factor for the vast majority of gay couples in choosing their homes has been proximity to night life (which could mean a variety of things, including restaurants). So much so that it has become one of our "HH Rules" as we guess things about any HH couple and their home choices (along with things such as men want modern and "clean lines," while women want "character" and usually craftsman style, and  now more and more healthy, often young, millennial men don't want stairs for some reason). The thing that made us chuckle was that he wanted to be near a mall, which ... are malls even still a thing? He reminded me a lot of one of the characters in the TV show Vice Principals.

• Laugh 1