Lisin

Dearly Departed Minor Characters

I do not like Ross. His whole need to impress Shepard killed off one of my favorite characters and then he spent the whole season freaking out and it's driving me crazy. 

I can't even think of a nickname for her. I find her very bland. Not terrible, but super boring. 

Yeah, I wish she had been on the case of the garbage disposal girl. Maybe she could have realized how obnoxious she is pining over someone like that and gotten over it.

• Like 1

I think she's been written in to a corner TBH and nothing particularly could come of her staying on the show, although it also wouldn't be the first time I've thought that about a character and they've stayed for several years after. 

I like Leah. I hated that they put her with Arizona, though... and actually, not just due to the fact that I'm a Calzona fan. I just don't think that it was utilized as effectively as it could have been. I feel bad for the actress, because I think she's actually a better fit for Grey's than the one who plays Jo. Jo & Stephanie, for example, don't click as well as Leah & Stephanie. 

• Like 1

I just don't think that it was utilized as effectively as it could have been

This. Like Teddy, Hahn, that Peds doctor that replaced Arizona when she left for Africa, the other residents in Lexie's class...

I really feel that the biggest loss with Leah is that we had a great opportunity to go the Crazed Stalker route with both Alex and Arizona, and they never pulled the trigger. This would have been so much more satisfying than another round of Arizona and Callie trying to work out their relationship, or could have made that relationship story way more interesting.

Edited by Erratic
  • Like 2

I really feel that the biggest loss with Leah is that we had a great opportunity to go the Crazed Stalker route with both Alex and Arizona, and they never pulled the trigger. This would have been so much more satisfying than another round of Arizona and Callie trying to work out their relationship, or could have made that relationship story way more interesting.

Here, we part ways. I do NOT want Leah to go the crazy stalker route. I hate that trope. 

do NOT want Leah to go the crazy stalker route. I hate that trope

It's a soap opera, you're going to get tropes galore. I just think that we have rehashed every single storyline that this show has ever had, and they missed out on the stalker possibilities with Nurse Rose, so why not go there this time with Leah? She hasn't had any other interesting storyline, so what was the point of her if not to be a dramatic clingy mess? Why hint at it, then yank it away and give her some dignity? We don't want to watch people make smart choices, we want hot sweaty messes!

• Like 2

It's a soap opera, you're going to get tropes galore. I just think that we have rehashed every single storyline that this show has ever had, and they missed out on the stalker possibilities with Nurse Rose, so why not go there this time with Leah? She hasn't had any other interesting storyline, so what was the point of her if not to be a dramatic clingy mess? Why hint at it, then yank it away and give her some dignity? We don't want to watch people make smart choices, we want hot sweaty messes!

Honestly? For lots of reasons, not the least of which is that with Sandra Oh leaving, I think the last thing they should do is have us wonder if Sara's coming back.

The "I popped a baby" line is the only time I've ever liked him. I laughed a lot. 

Martin has finished shooting movie Miracles from heaven (per his instagram) and I do believe sooner than later he is off shooting for Greys, as Rhimes said mid-season so he still has some time until Greys though.

I think one has to give Rhimes credit for choosing him, if he should play a man for Meredith after Derek, Shonda only chooses men with perfect hair for Meredith. Martin has damn fine hair.

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan

Rewatching S9 - 11 (currently at 11x12) has reinforced a major belief of mine - Stephanie is the most useless regular character on television. Jerrika Hinton is making the easiest money on TV right now; she pops in, drops some lines of exposition, delivers some generic medical lines related to a case... wash, rinse, repeat. She's not a terrible (or even bad) actress, and her character doesn't annoy me, but she's USELESS. She does nothing but eat up screen time. We don't know a single thing about her, and certainly not anything interesting. She was used as a sounding board for Jo and a prop to put between Jackson and April, and somehow she's stuck around. I really don't understand how or why Shonda has kept her on the show and not given her anything to do.

Grey's is a crazy, over-the-top drama, and yet in 3 years nothing has happened to Stephanie. In 3 years, most other characters on this show endure at least 2 catastrophes, get married, break up, sleep around, are reunited with a family member, find out they have a secret child etc. If Stephanie got shot, no one would care except Jo. She has no real connections to any other doctor. 

Grey's is a crazy, over-the-top drama, and yet in 3 years nothing has happened to Stephanie. In 3 years, most other characters on this show endure at least 2 catastrophes, get married, break up, sleep around, are reunited with a family member, find out they have a secret child etc. If Stephanie got shot, no one would care except Jo. She has no real connections to any other doctor.

This is another reason I don't watch because the actress and her character have never been useless to me. She always had potential which it surely doesn't surprise me, was wasted.  I like the character but they ditched her in favor of annoying ass April and Jackson. After they used her for that pairing there was nothing. Not surprised in the least, now she's going to be the new Bailey, please.  When they decide to really use her and give her an ongoing personal life I might start watching again, because I was watching before, pissed that she was being played by that annoying "pretty boy", but still watching. The actress can act, her character is young, cute and driven I don't need to see her become Bailey 2.0 with romantic interests every season.  But yet watch boring ass Amelia who came after her getting a romantic story front and center. And to me that actress is not as good as JH.  We'll see what they do with the actress who plays Maggie, but I won't hold my breath.

Edited by represent

This is another reason I don't watch because the actress and her character have never been useless to me. She always had potential which it surely doesn't surprise me, was wasted.  I like the character but they ditched her in favor of annoying ass April and Jackson. After they used her for that pairing there was nothing. Not surprised in the least, now she's going to be the new Bailey, please.  When they decide to really use her and give her an ongoing personal life I might start watching again, because I was watching before, pissed that she was being played by that annoying "pretty boy", but still watching. The actress can act, her character is young, cute and driven I don't need to see her become Bailey 2.0 with romantic interests every season.  But yet watch boring ass Amelia who came after her getting a romantic story front and center. And to me that actress is not as good as JH.  We'll see what they do with the actress who plays Maggie, but I won't hold my breath.

I agree with you... I mean, I'd never stop watching Grey's over it, because I watched for 8 years before she came on, and her character has never had much impact on me. But she certainly had potential if they had chosen to develop her. For whatever reason they kept her around, made her a regular, and continued to give her no storylines. I really, really dislike Amelia's character and I don't think her portrayer is a good actress - she's certainly the weakest link in the cast. So while I never really cared for Stephanie, I'd rather her be getting storylines than ever having Amelia join the show. I'm right at the midway point of S11 in my rewatch which is when Amelia really starts to take over... it's easily my least favourite stretch of Grey's episodes. Steph's stuff with her ("We're superheroes") was so awful. 

Edited by BaseOps

I agree with you... I mean, I'd never stop watching Grey's over it, because I watched for 8 years before she came on, and her character has never had much impact on me.

Well I've watched since the beginning as well, but I only tuned in because I saw Sandra Oh in the ads..But my interest in the show was kinda over when Cristina left, so it wasn't Stephanie. But I was willing to keep up with the episodes after Yang left had they put more time into Stephanie, but no. I like Callie but she's not enough to keep me from missing episodes. I just don't identify at all with any of the other characters enough to invest in them. She's a character  I was starting to invest in but they just dropped her so...I completely stopped watching full episodes. I flip to it and can't watch a full episode. I watch for five minutes and just roll my eyes, I can't take it and I miss Yang. But Stephanie would have somewhat filled that void. She ain't Yang but I clicked with that character. Because the medical stories aren't what they use to be IMO so, what else is there except the characters and their personal stuff with a little medical thrown in. But there was a time when the "little" medical was  a lot more interesting than it is now.

Edited by represent
  • Like 1

Edwards is my number 2 of hated characters right after Amelia. However, I felt sorry for her having to endure that nervous wreck that Amelia is.

Yes, Hinton can act.

Well I've watched since the beginning as well, but I only tuned in because I saw Sandra Oh in the ads..But my interest in the show was kinda over when Cristina left, so it wasn't Stephanie. But I was willing to keep up with the episodes after Yang left had they put more time into Stephanie, but no. I like Callie but she's not enough to keep me from missing episodes. I just don't identify at all with any of the other characters enough to invest in them. She's a character  I was starting to invest in but they just dropped her so...I completely stopped watching full episodes. I flip to it and can't watch a full episode. I watch for five minutes and just roll my eyes, I can't take it and I miss Yang. But Stephanie would have somewhat filled that void. She ain't Yang but I clicked with that character. Because the medical stories aren't what they use to be IMO so, what else is there except the characters and their personal stuff with a little medical thrown in. But there was a time when the "little" medical was  a lot more interesting than it is now.

The same problem for me.

According to Greys news in Variety magazine Martin should appear much sooner than it was originally said.  At first Rhimes said mid season, now it should be in episode 7. I think they have table read 1205 this week, so he will come very soon.

Insiders tell Variety that Henderson’s character doesn’t even have a name yet, and is not set to appear until episode seven.

Per Henderson´s words he is starting to film Greys next week  - so definitely 1206. Much sooner than originally planned - mid season. 6 episodes sooner. Interesting indeed. 

I am the only fan here, but it is OK with me. LOL

I like the actor and I am hopeful. He has some manly charisma and hopefully will be believable in the role. I think he has got what it takes to be that actor to make us find his character interesting or captivating to watch. He talks about working hard which I do appreciate.

But I do worry, Shonda screws up all the male characters.

i know she was only on for four episodes, but i really miss charlotte gutterman's character from S5.

that little girl could act. what was her name again ? earlobe? or something?

On 1.6.2018 at 12:10 AM, gutterfan said:

i know she was only on for four episodes, but i really miss charlotte gutterman's character from S5.

that little girl could act. what was her name again ? earlobe? or something?

Who was that? A patient character? What was her character's story? The name doesn't ring a bell at all.

On 6/5/2018 at 12:19 PM, GSMHvisitor said:

Who was that? A patient character? What was her character's story? The name doesn't ring a bell at all.

Yeah, the only earlobe I recall was Sarah, the rugby player from last season with the septal defect.  

The gutterman actress left tv to pursue stage acting. got her autograph after a local production of "shrek the musical" a couple years back

here are my kids enjoying the show

image.png.d2e214935401b321e12e1e1209a69327.png

On 8/3/2018 at 6:17 PM, neverforgutt said:

stage acting. got her autograph after a local production of "shrek the musical" a couple years back

here are my kids enjoying the show

oh right, i'd heard she transitioned to the theatre world after. feel like her talents are wasted a bit on shrek, but hopefully she lands on her feet