SilverStormm

Documentary Now!

12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Evans did have a memoir movie called The Kid Stays in the Picture.  I saw it once but can't remember if it matches up to this.

The book that the movie is based on is great as well but I highly recommend the audio book version, a rarity for me, because Evans does the narration.

• Like 1

I love both the book and the documentary The Kid Stays In the Picture, but I loved this even more. Every time they psyched us out with Fred's character, I screamed ("the Roman Polanski...of Italy.") And the fake movies were awesome ("Going Steady" lol) 

The Kid Stays In the Picture is streaming on HBO Go, check it out - Evans is a real character. And oddly inspirational, nothing got him down.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Like 2

"When Marlon Brando got the Land O'Lakes butter girl to accept his Oscar for him.." hahahah

I love how many Hader/Mulaney collaborations there were this season. It's good they keep the seasons short too; every episode is just packed with so much detail.

• Like 2

Mr. Runner Up has got to be the funniest mockumentary to come out since Spinal Tap! (Even if it is a lot shorter in duration)... especially the second part. I haven't lol'ed that hard since watching the very first episode of the series, the Gray Gardens ripoff. I personally liked that one mainly because I have always had such a fondness for both the original and the Emmy award-winning remake starring Lange and Barrymore, but boy, this was even more brilliant than that... and it didn't even play homage to any particular documentary as a whole! So many lines that are quote-worthy that I already can't recall. (Am eight months pregnant so my memory has gone in the crapper lately, but I digress). 

All I can say is well played, guys, well played!

• Like 1

On Seth Meyers tonight they mentioned that Fred just finished filming a new episode of Documentary Now, so season three is coming!

• Like 6

Thank God!  There's so little I watch on TV these days (partly because I'm picky and partly because we don't do amazon, hulu, HBO, etc).  Maybe Documentary Now can hold me until Maine Cabinmasters returns.  Sure hope Bill Hader's filming along with Fred.  Those two, in that Grey Gardens spoof and then the episode mocking those murder documentaries, were pure gold (as in, "gold Jerry, pure gold!")  Whenever I see those tall goofy balloon things outside some business, I think of that murder documentary with Fred being interviewed by the detectives.