Zalyn

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

49 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Part of me thinks she actually wants the hate. At least then she could say people were paying attention to her. 

I just clicked on her twitter and she tweeted about SA sneezing during filming the day after it happened and I thought, that's a really odd thing to randomly tweet about 24 hours later. She's definitely desperate for some attention. Damn, Olicity baby really took the shine off her big throat slash moment I guess? 😬😂

Edited by Angel12d
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Maybe she was expecting Dinah’s throat slash to get more attention than it did has and thinks the lack of attention is due to haters hating on her personally rather than fans just being more excited about Mia and the Olicity Baby reveals in the episode.

I also wonder if she’s a little bit annoyed that Kat, Ben and Joseph have been so warmly embraced by fandom and she’s struggled to achieve the same thing.  

• Like 9

She's just plain silly if she didn't predict that everyone was going to go mental after the Olicitot reveal.

She's not popular but she's plastered all over the show this season. She should be content with that and accept she's never going to be a thing. 

This just makes her look even more like a passive aggressive snake. 

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I also wonder if she’s a little bit annoyed that Kat, Ben and Joseph have been so warmly embraced by fandom and she’s struggled to achieve the same thing.  

Well we know Rick is bitter that he's not beloved like Oliver or treating like a main so it wouldn't surprise me if Juliana is resentful. Sorry bae 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

There does seem to be some confusion from some of the cast why their super cool canon characters aren't loved more.  Makes me think they got caught up in the hype when of COURSE the character that has brought the most buzz apart from Oliver (and sometimes more) is where the audience's focus is going to be, not some recent addition.  It's not like anyone is fawning over Emiko or Adult Zoe either. 

The one thing fans from both sides seem to agree on is their dislike of DD. I know a lot of people were giddy at her potentially losing her cry. Some people because they just can't stand her (i'm guilty of it & it looks stupid af), and other because they think this is the pathway for E2 LL to become BC again. Don't get me wrong there are fans that like her, but more seem apathetic/annoyed by her character. Even though her mentions were tame, other than those tweets about LL becoming BC now, I bet she vanity searches stuff and that's what she's reacting to.

Edited by JJ928
  • Like 5

I can actually sort of understand that it would be kind of frustrating to be on a show with such a passionate fandom and your reception is at best mostly crickets but tweets like that are not going to help especially when others have received actual threats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I can actually sort of understand that it would be kind of frustrating to be on a show with such a passionate fandom and your reception is at best mostly crickets but tweets like that are not going to help especially when others have received actual threats.

Yeah maybe Emily should tell her story about the time the network personally called her because they were worried about the level of death threats she was receiving. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Yeah maybe Emily should tell her story about the time the network personally called her because they were worried about the level of death threats she was receiving. 

She wouldn't listen to Emily anyway. As JH is a fan and follower of Marc G.