David T. Cole

Favorite Commercials

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

I am perfectly ok with my Verizon service, but I love those AT&T ads too, ESPECIALLY the doctor one.  “Guess who got reinstated!”

Can anyone place the song for me from the Apple multi-color ad?  It’s super catchy.

"Come Along" by Cosmo Sheldrake.  Video

• Like 3

I am perfectly ok with my Verizon service, but I love those AT&T ads too, ESPECIALLY the doctor one.  “Guess who got reinstated!”

"Are you nervous?  I am."

• Like 5

Did not expect to get emotional over a Gillette ad. 

That's awesome. Good on them. I hope it gets a lot of airtime. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

15 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Did not expect to get emotional over a Gillette ad. 

That's awesome. Good on them. I hope it gets a lot of airtime. 

Right to the top of my favorites. It's above the Honey Maid one from a few years ago.

I tear up every time they watch it and  hope they play it during the Super Bowl

• Like 4

I really like the Chevy “little bit country, little bit rock and roll” for the new Silverado.

Part of it is because I find it appealing but it also gives me fond memories of watching “The Osmond Show” with my family when I was little.  Jimmy was my favorite because he was closest to my age, heh.

• Like 3

IMO a home run for TurboTax with this one:

I'm a sucker for horror and dancing bears.

• Like 3

I don't know if this is for any particular commercial, but I will watch any commercial with that blond bearded guy from the Fitbit? AppleWatch? exercise tracking device commercial (the six versions of him getting off the couch and ending up in the ocean) because I think he is YUMMY.  Seems like he is also in a Pizza Hut (?) commercial and an internet privacy/security ad and I will not fast forward through them.  Though I guess since I can't remember the product maybe they should have used someone else.

Goodness, that man is gorgeous!

• Like 1

I like seeing some of the old Geico commercials.  I went to go vote, but I didn't see either of my two favorites:

Kraken The golf announcers wondering if the "9-iron is going to be enough club".

Peter Pan Peter obnoxiously commenting at the reunion: "You don't look a day over 70.  Am I right?"

• Like 10

@Reality Police:

Oh yessss!  You just made me SWOON at work.  I was cold and now I'm all hot and bothered!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

@Reality Police:

Oh yessss!  You just made me SWOON at work.  I was cold and now I'm all hot and bothered!

Glad to be of assistance. Enjoy 

Can anyone place the song for me from the Apple multi-color ad?  It’s super catchy.

I loved that catchy song, too.  I had to go online and find the whole thing.  I love the lyrics.

• Like 3

I love the new Apple commercial!  It's colorful, upbeat, the music is catchy.  Very well done.  I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it.  The song that is, not the phone.  I'm not replacing my iPhone SE until it dies.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

A Walmart ad I actually like! Love the throwbacks. Memories :D.

I like that one, too, but I'm still not going to shop there.

• Like 10

On 1/27/2019 at 2:19 PM, Browncoat said:

I like that one, too, but I'm still not going to shop there.

Some places it's the only place to shop. Where my SIL lives, it's either Walmart or Albertsons for groceries and Albertsons is too expensive. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Some places it's the only place to shop. Where my SIL lives, it's either Walmart or Albertsons for groceries and Albertsons is too expensive. 

I know.  It’s the only place where my parents live to get a lot of things, now that K-Mart is gone.  But they do at least have a decent grocery for fresh produce and meat.  They won’t buy those things from Wal-Mart.  

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, Haleth said:

Is this a new one?  It cracks me up because we have a possum that shows up on the deck occasionally and everyone says we should try to tame it:

For the record, we are not going to try to tame it.

I call the possum who periodically shows up on my porch to eat cat food "Jeff Sessions". 

• Like 15
  • Laugh 1

Superbowl favs? I liked the Jason Bateman as elevator operator/Kia. 

• Like 9

Elevator operator and NFL 50 were my faves.  I think the NFL one was the best of the night.  I didn’t even know who half of the players were, and still loved the commercial, lol.  It was just so much fun to watch, and you could tell they were having a blast while filming it.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Elevator operator and NFL 50 were my faves.  I think the NFL one was the best of the night.  I didn’t even know who half of the players were, and still loved the commercial, lol.  It was just so much fun to watch, and you could tell they were having a blast while filming it.  

I agree 100%.  Best ad of the night and it looked like everyone was having fun.  I need to watch frame by frame to ID all the past and current players.

• Like 3

I liked the Stella Artois commercial that references Sex in the City, The Dude and The old Most Interesting Man in the World guy. And the Game of Thrones one.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 3

I liked the commercial with Harrison Ford and his dog during the super bowl.  That was funny. And the T-Mobile texts.

Edited by blueray
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, blueray said:

I liked the commercial with Harrison Ford and his dog during the super bowl.  That was funny. And the T-Mobile texts.

That is the only part I liked of that commercial.  If I remember it's a commercial for Alexa and it has about 4 or 5 different celebrities interacting with their Alexa but the only one I liked was Harrison Ford with the Boston Terrier "you better cancel that order!"  HAHAHA

• Like 3

On 2/4/2019 at 12:42 AM, Amethyst said:

I think the NFL one was the best of the night.

Right?  And forget "best of the night."  That ad could be in the "Best Ever" category.  I knew a bunch of the players but I straight-up squealed when I saw Barry Sanders.   And my very favorite?  Ed Reed.  The hair.  The fly jacket.  Perfection.

Well done, NFL.  (A phrase you don't hear every day.)

• Like 5

On 1/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, GenerationX said:

I like seeing some of the old Geico commercials.  I went to go vote, but I didn't see either of my two favorites:

I used to love all of the old Caveman commercials.  I liked the one where the Cavemen were at a party, and one of them says "Tina is here, we're getting back together".  Just because it's so random.

This isn't really a favorite commercial, but I can't stop watching it every time the Burger King "Losing his marbles" comes on.  It distracts me because the girl talks with her eyes closed, and when the king drops the marbles, she covers her entire face with her hand while she's laughing.  Just strikes me as odd.  And the boy says "I think he's lost his marbles" while the King makes some stupid gesture.

I've always liked that bizarre Burger King character though.  I really liked that one where he was watching the guy sleep through the window.  They went out of their way to make him creepy, it was pretty funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Just saw the Cadbury Bunny for the first time this year!

I can't wait for the Easter candy!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I can't wait for the Easter candy!  

Already been in my grocery store for at least a week.

• Like 3

Like migrating robins, one of the first signs of spring is the Cadbury bunny tryouts commercial.  Haven't seen it yet though.

• Like 7

I love the Applebee’s commercial right now with the busy working mom who runs hard all day, picks up dinner and walks in and catches the dad and the two little girls dancing the Floss.  I love the song “Runaround Sue” and think this commercial is a delight.   I literally rewind it to watch it again which I never do with commercials.

I also get a kick out of the Carmax commercial with the guy who has the turtle named Reggie. It is so random and to me, very quirky funny. 

I like the TurboTax commercial where the guy is trying to fake that he’s calling from his yacht and then complains about spending $9 on a coconut. 

• Like 3

On 2/15/2019 at 8:17 PM, smittykins said:

Just saw the Cadbury Bunny for the first time this year!

I love him as much as the Hershey Bell Kisses at Christmas! 

• Like 11

The cotton fabric commercial gets two chuckles everytime the lady in a bright yellow pantsuit walks into the glass wall, followed by her stumbling into the hedge plant when turning to her right to leave. It's cute.

• Like 1

I crack up at the Bubly commercials with Michael Bublé as their spokesman, insisting that the drink should be pronounced like his last name. Him calling the store clerk Dah-vay gives me the giggles. Also him sitting in the fridge section, drawing an é on all the cans with a sharpie.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3