PreviouslyTV

Harry Shearer Will Not Return To The Simpsons

I'm actually one of those weirdos who didn't watch the show until the FXX marathon. You would not *believe* the number of references that flew over my head in TWoP recaps. (Although I was a Futurama watcher, so I guess I came to it somewhat backwards.)

I think if we can live with the fact that Homer sounds very different in the first 3 seasons then he does in the ensuing 986 (despite being voiced by the same guy), I think we can tolerate sound-alikes for Burns, Skinner, Flanders and all the rest.

Really didn't see this coming. Thought everyone was in for life. (Not seriously, of course, but after 25 years didn't it feel like that?)

Edited by GaryE

Latest news is that Al Jean is still hoping to get something done with Shearer. And if they don't, they'll deal with it.

And I while I am still a fan, and still enjoy a new episode of The Simpsons more than a great deal of my other options on TV, I don't think I'll have a hard time dealing with different voices for his characters at this point.

• Like 2

Considering the amount of work the voice actors have to do compared to what they're paid, you could say they're fairly compensated. On the other hand if you compare it to the amount of revenue the show produces, you can see Shearer's point. So in other words, I don't know.

Related: The Simpsons continued producing new episodes after Season 8.

While 8 is generally considered the last of the golden years, Season 9 still had a lot going for it. (Mainly my affection for Trash of the Titans, which I consider a top 10 episode.)

• Like 1