macci

Call The Midwife In The Media

BBC Media Centre Call The Midwife page

It's interviews with the cast about what is going to happen with their characters so obviously somewhat spoilery.  There's also a synopsis of the first episode.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

Doesn't look like there will be any mention of Patsy or Delia although possibly that could happen later.

Edited by Badger · Reason: Added a spoiler
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Badger said:

BBC Media Centre Call The Midwife page

It's interviews with the cast about what is going to happen with their characters so obviously somewhat spoilery.  There's also a synopsis of the first episode.  

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Doesn't look like there will be any mention of Patsy or Delia although possibly that could happen later.

Thanks. I read through it all, figuring I'll probably forget a bunch by the spring when it airs on PBS.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, caitmcg said:

Thanks. I read through it all, figuring I'll probably forget a bunch by the spring when it airs on PBS.

Me, too. And I have no problem with spoilers for the Midwives for some reason.

21 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Since Call the Midwife is basically on loop in my house....spoilers don't matter to me.....I'll watch it over and over again.

Ditto. I just finished another full series rewatch to ready myself for Sunday's premiere!  Too bad the Netflix ones are edited, but I didn't think I'd have time to do the UK airing episodes as well.

9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Too bad the Netflix ones are edited, but I didn't think I'd have time to do the UK airing episodes as well.

How are they edited?  Just curious. I never thought to watch on Netflix.

3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

How are they edited?  Just curious. I never thought to watch on Netflix.

They're shorter; some of the scenes are cut down or removed.  Same for the PBS broadcasts, they aren't the same length as the UK showings.  But the Christmas episodes on Netflix appear to be the full shows.

2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

They're shorter; some of the scenes are cut down or removed.  Same for the PBS broadcasts, they aren't the same length as the UK showings.  But the Christmas episodes on Netflix appear to be the full shows.

Are the Netflix and PBS episodes identical?  Also, would you get the full episodes on the DVD's?

2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Are the Netflix and PBS episodes identical?  Also, would you get the full episodes on the DVD's?

Nope, I think they edit them differently. Oh and the PBS Christmas specials aren't cut for time.  I believe the PBS DVDs are just what aired on PBS, but the BBC DVDs contain the full episodes.

• Like 1

I thought they were edited because I remember Jane marrying that Reverand, but I haven't found an ep that showed her departure or said anything.

4 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

I thought they were edited because I remember Jane marrying that Reverand, but I haven't found an ep that showed her departure or said anything.

I don't remember that at all.  I remember them becoming pen pals once he moved to his new area, but Jane left after Season 3 and I don't recall any on-screen mention or scene about a wedding or anything about her departure (she was there and then just disappeared the following season).

9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I don't remember that at all.  I remember them becoming pen pals once he moved to his new area, but Jane left after Season 3 and I don't recall any on-screen mention or scene about a wedding or anything about her departure (she was there and then just disappeared the following season).

See thats the thing, I thought I remembered something in the show that explained her exit.  If you look on some other sites, they say she married the good Reverand and went to Africa with him.  But I can't place an episode or an exact scene.....its so confusing.

8 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

See thats the thing, I thought I remembered something in the show that explained her exit.  If you look on some other sites, they say she married the good Reverand and went to Africa with him.  But I can't place an episode or an exact scene.....its so confusing.

Because I don't think it ever aired.  Even the actress who played Jane says her exit was left vague.  Maybe the real-life Jane married Applebee-Thornton?

13 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

That’s how my PBS station is airing them.

Every week?  So we're getting all 8 episodes in 4 weeks?

32 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Every week?  So we're getting all 8 episodes in 4 weeks?

Just for the season premiere tonight. Then it'll be one a week.

News about Season 8

Spoiler

Miriam Margolyes will be guesting for the Christmas special and the first episode of Season 8.  Three new permanent cast members have been added: Fenella Woolgar as Sister Hilda, Ella Bruccoleri as Sister Frances, a postulant and Georgie Glenn as Miss Higgins, Dr. Turner's new receptionist. 

• Like 6

That's some great news!

Spoiler

Miriam Maergolyes is always a treat - but I'm especially glad to see that there's new blood for the convent. Now I just hope Sister Hilda and Sister Frances don't get the Sister Winifred treatment! I was about to drop the show  but now I may change my mind.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Badger said:

News about Season 8

Hide contents

Miriam Margolyes will be guesting for the Christmas special and the first episode of Season 8.  Three new permanent cast members have been added: Fenella Woolgar as Sister Hilda, Ella Bruccoleri as Sister Frances, a postulant and Georgie Glenn as Miss Higgins, Dr. Turner's new receptionist. 

How exciting! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Emerald Fennell has been cast as Camilla Parker-Bowles in The Crown!

That is not something I would have thought of, but now that it is a thing, I think it is perfect!

The press has always hated Camilla so much it long ago made me a fan.  Just looking at a story about Emerald Fennell playing her, it shows young beautiful Emerald's face next to an old one of Camilla, even though Camilla was quite pretty when young.

57 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Any word on a the Christmas ep this year?

There will be a Christmas ep, in which they are introducing 3 new nuns.  Not sure when exactly it will air.

1 hour ago, LadyChaos said:

Any word on a the Christmas ep this year?

35 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

There will be a Christmas ep, in which they are introducing 3 new nuns.  Not sure when exactly it will air.

It airs on Christmas day on PBS.  9pm, I think, but check your local listings as they say!

• Like 2

I just looked at my local PBS schedule and we are getting it on Christmas evening.  It said there will be a new nun arriving with 4 Chinese orphans.  

Call the Midwife has been renewed again, for another couple of series/seasons. I think S9 was already announced, and now there will be a S10 and S11 (plus Christmas specials), taking airdates through 2022.

• Like 3