WendyCR72

Press Conference: The Law & Order Media Thread!

Is TNT still showing L&O? For the last few weeks, it hasn’t been on the times I usually watch - 5 & 6 AM Mon-Fri, mornings until maybe noon or 1 on Saturday and Sunday. I miss it!

They replaced it with NCIS of some sort.  Ruining my morning weekend routine.  I"m recording eps during the week to watch for my lazy morning marathon on the weekends.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mattie0808 said:

Is TNT still showing L&O? For the last few weeks, it hasn’t been on the times I usually watch - 5 & 6 AM Mon-Fri, mornings until maybe noon or 1 on Saturday and Sunday. I miss it!

I believed that the WE ads announcing that they were now the home of all the seasons of L&O was them picking up the seasons they didn't have after TNT didn't renew their deal. Not only have they not shown any episodes lately, but it is no longer listed on the web page with their other dramas. It's all part of their plan to cancel everything I watch on the network - just waiting for the announcement that they are dropping the NBA for a younger, edgier sport with lower ratings, but fewer old people watching...

• Like 2

UGH! I  preferred getting my Law and Order fix from a network other than WE. The advertsisements for the other crappy shows on that network is not worth watching for me.

• Like 2

The one thing I loved about TNT is that they never censored anything, it’s absurd the level of censorship WE does for certain episodes, although I haven’t noticed it on the later episodes that WE just got the rights to, so maybe it’s just something that’s part of the package for earlier episodes. I find it hilarious that WE and Sundance censor certain words and sexually suggestive dialogue but then WE airs ads for trashy, vulgar reality shows as soon as they go to commercial and Sundance shows R rated movies all the time. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Enigma X said:

UGH! I  preferred getting my Law and Order fix from a network other than WE. The advertsisements for the other crappy shows on that network is not worth watching for me.

Honestly, I think the Mothership, L&O: CI, Monk, and CSI: Miami are used to finance the trash. And Lord knows there's a lot of it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The one thing I loved about TNT is that they never censored anything, it’s absurd the level of censorship WE does for certain episodes, although I haven’t noticed it on the later episodes that WE just got the rights to, so maybe it’s just something that’s part of the package for earlier episodes. I find it hilarious that WE and Sundance censor certain words and sexually suggestive dialogue but then WE airs ads for trashy, vulgar reality shows as soon as they go to commercial and Sundance shows R rated movies all the time. 

Ironically enough I was actually watching one of the WE episodes as I was reading this thread and just as I was reading your post the new promo of really crass Dick Wolf name jokes came on! I really hope there is some kind of petty contractual language reason why all of the networks other than TNT seem to have gotten the broadcast syndication cuts and that maybe now that TNT had dropped the show things might change (although I doubt that anybody at the networks or NBCUniversal cares enough to do anything about it.) I really doubt that it's an active decision by the networks since I don't think WE has any broadcast standards and the bleeps actually go against the Sundance brand. The only network I can see caring about it is ION given its PAX TV roots, as far astray from them as they have gone over the years.

• Like 3

I've been watching Sundance's marathon today while going about my morning (I love a lazy Sunday with small chores and L&O as my soundtrack), and I haven't noticed any censorship or bleeps.  Am I just missing them?  I don't recall actually ever hearing them on Sundance, but then it's sort of TV comfort food and I'm not always really paying attention.

• Like 1

It’s funny because I’ve never noticed any censorship of ION Mothership episodes, but WE and Sundance both do it some. I wonder if it has to do with the package of the episodes, since Sundance only shows seasons 1-12 and the only censored episodes I’ve seen on WE are from seasons 1-12, while ION only shows seasons 13-20. 

I have been watching Sundance this morning as well and I haven’t noticed any censorship. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

The only network I can see caring about it is ION given its PAX TV roots, as far astray from them as they have gone over the years.

Except they never censored any of the “damns, ass, hells, godamns” on Psych. Plus I don’t recall any censorship on this channel.

14 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

It’s funny because I’ve never noticed any censorship of ION Mothership episodes, but WE and Sundance both do it some. I wonder if it has to do with the package of the episodes, since Sundance only shows seasons 1-12 and the only censored episodes I’ve seen on WE are from seasons 1-12, while ION only shows seasons 13-20. 

I have been watching Sundance this morning as well and I haven’t noticed any censorship. 

Sundance used to censor words like “crap”, “crapper,” “ass”, “dyke” and the N word. There was one Mothership episode “Good Girl that had Jennifer Esposito call the victim that word and all other networks except for TNT bleeped or silenced it. It is an offensive word, but censoring it took away some of the power for a lack of a better word, from the scene.

• Like 1

Censorship really detracts from the episodes, it is extremely distracting and takes away from the episode, and yes when they censor racial slurs it’s no longer as powerful or disturbing. It’s funny because they are radically inconsistent about censoring slurs, for example “faggot” was censored in Deceit but it wasn’t censored in Pride when it was used several times. 

The worst case of censorship ever is in Fools for Love because it actually takes away from the plot : they censor the word “douche” when ME Rodgers uses it in the technical sense, saying that the killer used a douche to clean up and remove his semen from the victims. It is beyond outrageous to censor that since it’s important to the plot, without it you don’t know how the killer didn’t leave behind DNA. 

• Like 5