SilverStormm

Titans [DC Universe]

3 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Apparently that leak, as well as a few others, came from a set hairdresser who posted them on her own Instagram.  When you get the top-level cast members calling you out on social media, your livelihood may be in danger.

I think it is probably best if they keep this bts instead of calling her out on social media. Leaks like Donna Troy I can get betting annoyed about but a continuity photo from a year ago? That isn't harming anyone. 

I'm three episodes into this on Netflix and it's interesting, so far.

Dick is certainly moodier than even the most moody comic book interpretations of him (I'm thinking Devin Grayson would love this broody, damaged version of him). I don't mind them dancing around without mentioning Batman, and I'm very familiar with Dick's various attempts to get out from under the shadow of that cowl.

Starfire is certainly striking, as she should be, but the hair looks distractingly like a clown wig, and the outfit doesn't help. I remember seeing the promo shots of her, and the backlash against how she looked (though, sadly, I think a lot of that was due to the fact she was black), so hopefully she won't be wearing this outfit permanently. I do wonder just why she has a portable disco soundtrack, though.

The girl playing Rachel is a very expressive young actress. I've been really impressed with her performance so far. Vulnerable but tough, clearly in way over her head and scared stiff of what's happening to her. Where do they keep finding these precocious, 14 year old girls who can act their socks off?

I'm not sure what to make of Hank and Dawn, other than I will always see Minka Kelly as Lyla Garrity, and I will always like her because of that. Clearly she and Dick have a messy history, just as Dick Grayson has had with multiple women in the history of DC.

Beast Boy? Eh, I never cared for him in the comics, and from the little I've seen of him in this show, I'm not going to like him much more here.

The Nuclear Family are freaky as hell, and really cool. I don't know where they fit into the story, or what their agenda is as antagonists, but it all obviously ties into Rachel's 'mysterious' dad.

I know Donna Troy is going to appear, and I'm looking forward to that. But I know that my ultimate crackship of Dick/Donna will again be left disappointed. I've been wanting those two to get together ever since reading Teen Titans comics when I was young, but it's just never going to happen.

I just wish the show wasn't so dark. And I mean, literally dark. Why does DC always seem to think that taking three quarters of the light bulbs out of a set makes a show adult and cool?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I just wish the show wasn't so dark. And I mean, literally dark. Why does DC always seem to think that taking three quarters of the light bulbs out of a set makes a show adult and cool?

Akiva Goldsman used up all the lightbulbs on the 1997 Batmobile and now they won't let him have them anymore.

• Laugh 4