WendyCR72

Hallmark Channel Movies: Our Sap Brings in the Eyeballs!

Just listened to the Deck the Hallmark on Winter Castle. They really ripped the editing in addition to the issues many of us noted with the Other Woman character being likable and correct to think she was the love interest. They blamed the writers for the male lead's actions and the pacing for the relationship.

They liked the ice hotel and got into how it really works, but they ripped the movie's issues harder than we did here..

Interesting

• Like 3

Good for them, but I couldn’t last more than 10 minutes with that movie. Kellie’s voice was grating.

Trying to watch the V day movie with Lacey and Andrew Walker and it’s pretty boring. 

• Like 3

I watched two movies I’ve never had the chance to before, Elevator Girl and All Things Valentine. I really liked them both. The couples were both cute (I like Sam Page the more I see him), and the story lines weren’t typically contrived. I’m glad I finally saw them.

Oh, and Sarah Rafferty is absolutely gorgeous. I’ve seen her in commercials for Suits in the past, but that’s all until today. And she can act. I would love to see her in another Hallmark movie (although she’s probably “graduated” from that now).

• Like 3

On 2/14/2019 at 9:23 PM, kirinan said:

I watched two movies I’ve never had the chance to before, Elevator Girl and All Things Valentine. I really liked them both. The couples were both cute (I like Sam Page the more I see him), and the story lines weren’t typically contrived. I’m glad I finally saw them.

Oh, and Sarah Rafferty is absolutely gorgeous. I’ve seen her in commercials for Suits in the past, but that’s all until today. And she can act. I would love to see her in another Hallmark movie (although she’s probably “graduated” from that now).

I always liked Elevator Girl. Tween stars from my own tweenhood states in it! Lacey Chaubert had just started doing hallmark movies when it came out and the male lead, Ryan Merriman did a lot of Disney channel movies in the late 90s. 

All things Valentine is a favorite of mine too because it’s pretty realistic to life. The fact that she did like the guy in an organic way, and he was dating (but not committed to) another woman when they met and he liked her better- that happens far more than someone having a fiancé and a wedding being stopped mid vows!

Side note- WHY are there Xmas movies every Friday now??? It’s not Christmas time!

• Like 3

Okay, I can't comment on the whole Love, Romance, & Chocolate movie yet because it's not over (although I'm enjoying it so far), but I can comment on the fact that Will Kemp is a whole lotta irresistible. 

• Like 3

I was waiting for this one with interest, because I suspected Will Kemp could do a lot more than he had to do with the Prince character in the Royal Matchmaker one.  He really brought it !   (Don't know if anybody mentioned that of course he was essentially a ballet dancer, and his first notice by the greater public (in England) was a commercial for Levis in which he danced like a maniac -)   The Matchmaker thing really restricted him in every sense, but this one was delightful.  My IMDB says also he did a period thing where he was Lord Darnley -- so he's got range.     

On top of that the backgrounds were really enjoyable.    And, altho they had to use the "love interest mis-interprets seeing lady with other fellow ..", they at least avoided the "bumping into each other and spilling coffee."  Points for that.   My point is -- really enjoyed Will Kemp.    

• Like 4

I didn’t intend to watch Love, Romance and Chocolate because I’m not much of a Lacey Chabert fan, but I decided to give it a shot, knowing I’d change the channel quickly if it didn’t hook me (my standard Hallmark movie MO).  Surprisingly, I stayed with it and really enjoyed it.  I now want to visit Bruges ASAP!  The lovely scenery, the gorgeous chocolate works and behind-the-scenes cookery, the gorgeous hotel and palace, the charming hotel manager/owner, a winning and un-silly Lacey, and the wonderful Will Kemp.  I didn’t know a thing about him so looked him up — not surprised to learn that he’s a very accomplished ballet dancer because I noticed that “walk” from time to time.  I’d definitely watch again.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chippings said:

I was waiting for this one with interest, because I suspected Will Kemp could do a lot more than he had to do with the Prince character in the Royal Matchmaker one.  He really brought it !   (Don't know if anybody mentioned that of course he was essentially a ballet dancer, and his first notice by the greater public (in England) was a commercial for Levis in which he danced like a maniac -)   The Matchmaker thing really restricted him in every sense, but this one was delightful.  My IMDB says also he did a period thing where he was Lord Darnley -- so he's got range.     

On top of that the backgrounds were really enjoyable.    And, altho they had to use the "love interest mis-interprets seeing lady with other fellow ..", they at least avoided the "bumping into each other and spilling coffee."  Points for that.   My point is -- really enjoyed Will Kemp.    

Do you mean this Gap ad?  Or is there another old commercial featuring Will Kemp dancing?

I looked him up and saw that he was in Kristin's Christmas Past, with Shiri Appleby, and he was very cute in that movie.

I haven't watched Love, Romance and Chocolate yet, but I recorded it mainly for the location stuff... so I'm glad to read that at least some people enjoyed it.

I watched A Harvest Wedding, which was from 2017, starring Jill Wagner as a wedding planner... and I loved this rust colored coat she wore in several scenes.  Are there any websites that list clothes worn in Hallmark movies, like they do for wardrobe items in various television shows?  It's probably too late to find that particular item, or anything else Jill wore in that movie (she had a lot of cute outfits!)... but I've been wondering for a while if there are any Hallmark fashion websites.

• Like 1

PRE-cisely !!    Levis, Gap, sorry I mixed 'em up, but glad you recognized it.    That's the one I was thinking of.   Thank you for posting it !  

It really makes you wonder why somebody cast him to meander through the Matchmaker movie when he has so much good energy ..  Thanks again for the video !

• Like 1

Full disclaimer: I don’t like any of Lacey chabert’s acting so any movie of hers is usually a no for me.  But yes, the actor was delightful and charming - now I see he was in matchmaker and I actually like that movie (and that actress) so that makes sense ha!

• Like 6

On 2/11/2015 at 8:13 PM, Irlandesa said:

That's one of my favorites.  If "The Magic of Ordinary Days," "Follow The Stars Home" or "Loving Leah" is on...I usually end up watching.

Not used to the changes and my first reply is somewhere in the lost zone, LOL. You just named 3 of the top 4 movies, the other being "Sarah, plain and tall."  These are such classics and "Magic"cries out for a sequel.

Above several posts dissed the rapid falling in love...At 19, I had a checklist of what I wanted in a man. And a friend asked me to double date with her because she was shy. I was engaged to be engaged to a college friend, away at grad school, he said go ahead. Well, this turned out to be Mr. Right x100. On the second date he proposed and I said yes!  A month later we were married and moved to Europe by his parents. We had two beautifull daughters (one now an MD; the other an Atty) within three years and ten years later he died of cancer. So a good thing we didnt waste time. Seven years later, found the love of my life at my cousins wedding, lightening bolt again and now 35 years of  Happiness. It happens.

• Like 3

Love, Romance, and Chocolate started a little slow for me, particularly regarding the leads' chemistry. And like many here, I am suffering from Lacey Chabert overload and would have preferred another woman. All of that to say that I ultimately enjoyed the movie. It was so nice to have a new setting with them filming in Belgium for real. I'm itching to go there soon after watching the movie. And also wanting to eat all that chocolate. It was nice that most of the background actors were different - I'm assuming they were local to the filming location. Related to that, nice to have them attempting a non-American accent that is not an English accent. Except for Luke. Did they have some sort of explanation for his English accent that I missed? 

• Like 3

Watching Love, Romance and Chocolate off the DVR. The actress playing the B&B owner is from Canada, so nice work with the accent. She is also the most likable character

As commented above, not sure why Luke had an English accent. The meet cute consisted of Luke pretending not to understand Lacey, only to be snarky in their next scene. Then he doubled down by being a dick because Lacey wanted to make the chocolate a little different during the class. Not a great job, script writer.

I know a number of you have expressed Lacey fatigue, the first 20 minutes of the movie she seemed a little tired as well.

Things kicked into gear once the assistant needed to go on baby leave early--except for Lacey wearing drapey white tops to make chocolate.

The stars here are the chocolate and the location shots. The exposition for how different chocolates are made and taste was well handled by the writers and actors. Glad Hallmark sprung for the money to fly the cast and crew out there. 

Side note--they had to give the Other Man/guy with the better chocolate shop bad hair, because otherwise he would have been a better love interest.

Edited by Happywatcher
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Love, Romance and Chocolate - if I see Lacey Chalbert in one more Hallmark movie I’ll scream.  I watched for the Bruges scenery.

Same here.  I loved the Bruges scenery, but the rest of the movie was excruciating.

• Like 1

Alison Sweeney is my favorite of the Hallmark lead actresses so it was great to see her again. I was bummed that the Murder She Baked series stopped filming — loved those movies.  I enjoyed this podcast/small town newspaper reporting set-up and got a kick out of seeing some of the Hallmark regulars in the cast.  For me, it’s just like a comfort blanket and I smile when I see the familiar faces in different roles.  I liked the Editor in Chief and his staffer who was so eager to research (and did it quite well) but always insisted on running things by the “Chief”.  

• Like 1

Love, Chocolate and Romance had a lot of chocolate but not really much love or romance.  I like Will Kemp but I do agree that maybe the romantic rival was a better match for Lacey's character.  Lacey isn't my fave (but not my least fave either) but I do appreciate that she's apparently enough of a draw that Hallmark puts money behind her movies.  Even though the love story was meh, the scenery and chocolate shots/knowledge were great and worth it.

As for Alison Sweeney's Chronicle movie, it was kind of trying to vibe on the old series Cold Case, except they didn't bother to cast different people for the characters they played 20 years ago.  In fact, that was the biggest clue that 

Spoiler

The missing woman was alive since that actress is not a woman just starting out in life.

I see Alison cast the woman who played her sister in Murder She Baked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Thoughts on the Allison Sweeney mystery?

I liked it. I thought Alison Sweeney and Benjamin Ayres had good chemistry, the story was interesting, & they set things up for more story with the uncle.

7 hours ago, GaT said:

I liked it. I thought Alison Sweeney and Benjamin Ayres had good chemistry, the story was interesting, & they set things up for more story with the uncle.

Agreed! I'm the first to admit my attention tends to wander on mysteries, which is why I've never really watched most of the movie series on HMM. But this was another one (Mystery 101 was the first) where I followed from beginning to end. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the chemistry between the leads in both cases (what can I say, I'm shallow, LOL). I think Alison Sweeney and Benjamin Ayres are both appealing actors, and their rapport was very easy and natural. After watching this one I set next week's up as a series recording on my DVR (did the same with M101) so I can be sure to catch any future new airings.

So here's another kudo for you, Hallmark. You've earned several of those from me so far in 2019; keep up the good work!

Edited by kirinan

On February 16, 2019 at 11:12 PM, MerBearHou said:

I now want to visit Bruges ASAP!

My daughter and and I have started going to European Christmas market.  During the movie I google Bruges and found out the they have a big Christmas market.  So I called my daughter halfway through the movie and told her I know where we're going this winter.  Heck, I might just skip those markets and only visit chocolate shops.

• Like 3