Jump to content
SueB

Spoilers With Speculation

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

It's this part that is the biggest problem for me in that scene-the lecturing-like delivery AND that Dean doesn't get to point this very thing out to Sam.

But again, I'd guess that these writers didn't even realize that they did this!

Yup.

It isn't what Sam is saying, it's how and when he's saying it. Especially how. Samsplaining and all-but rolling his eyes at dumb ol' Dean is just comes across so condescending. It's off-putting to the point it makes me want to smack him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yup.

It isn't what Sam is saying, it's how and when he's saying it. Especially how. Samsplaining and all-but rolling his eyes at dumb ol' Dean is just comes across so condescending. It's off-putting to the point it makes me want to smack him.

This, but its also the timing that is giving me the biggest WTF moment.  Not even a week ago, Sam begged Dean to tempt fate.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Could we talk about the Outoboros promo?

I think they want to fool us in thinking Jack goes dark.

My theory is: While Sam and Dean were busy with the box and the prophet, Jack started to research why they failed to safe him in „Unhuman nature“. Somehow he finds out that Rowena betrayed him with the spell she used after Jack drunk Gabriels grace. Rowena doesn‘t trust Jack as he is the son of Lucifer and destoyed the gracewith the spell. In the promo, we see Jack looking for something. He found the archangel grace they took from Michael in „Nihilism“ off-screen. He drank some of it in order to proove his theory. (The scene where he stands by the mirror). It works, and Jack gets some of his powers back.

In the other scene of the promo Jack confronts Rowena and shouts something like „You hate me because I‘m the son of Lucifer“ Then he put her to sleep, because we all know that Sam is the one who will kill Rowena someday.

What do you think?

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, NougatJack said:

Could we talk about the Outoboros promo?

I think they want to fool us in thinking Jack goes dark.

My theory is: While Sam and Dean were busy with the box and the prophet, Jack started to research why they failed to safe him in „Unhuman nature“. Somehow he finds out that Rowena betrayed him with the spell she used after Jack drunk Gabriels grace. Rowena doesn‘t trust Jack as he is the son of Lucifer and destoyed the gracewith the spell. In the promo, we see Jack looking for something. He found the archangel grace they took from Michael in „Nihilism“ off-screen. He drank some of it in order to proove his theory. (The scene where he stands by the mirror). It works, and Jack gets some of his powers back.

In the other scene of the promo Jack confronts Rowena and shouts something like „You hate me because I‘m the son of Lucifer“ Then he put her to sleep, because we all know that Sam is the one who will kill Rowena someday.

What do you think?

Oooh.  I hope so.  That's a great answer.  And why Rowena HAD to be 'surprised' it was Lucifer's son.  Maybe she harbored anger towards him all along?  But yes, the promo sure looks like "Jack went bad".  

Ouroboros - Self-eating snake... that HAS to mean something.   Just the alchemy?  What about Jack 'eating' his own soul?  IDK.  Something.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

With Team Ackles still in Vancouver .. I gotta wonder if Sister Jo makes an appearance.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just realized what is going to happen in "Jack In the Box" -- what happens when you turn the crank on a Jack in the Box?  OUT pops the clown.  I'll bet money right now, Michael is in charge of Dean by the end of "Jack in the Box".  

Suitably creepy reminder for those unfamiliar with the toy:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think you’re right and the title „Jack in the Box“ refers to the toy, and not to our favorite nephil.

If the storyline is that Jack would have to go into the box instead of Dean, they wouldn‘t give it away that early. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think being completely literal about it with the assumption that noone would think they`d actually BE that literal about it, is exactly the thing they would do. They would likely think it`s a great word-play since they have a character named Jack and a plot about a box and obviously everyone would think "that can`t be it" but then... surprise, that is it.   

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

From TVLine:
 

Quote

Question: Do you have any Supernatural scoop? What’s next for Dean? – Angie
Ausiello: Dean’s Michael problem is far from over, especially now that the hunter needs to come up with a new way of dealing with the archangel. For Dean and Sam, “There’s a level of, ‘OK, if things go really bad, you’ve got the box. We’ve got a Plan B. Let’s search for a Plan A,'” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb previews, before adding that the Winchesters will soon discover that “Plan As are hard to find.” Plus, as Dabb warns, the dastardly “Michael has not been idle during his time in Dean’s head. All of that’s going to come to a head very, very quickly.”

Dean/Michael plot -- still the focus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, NougatJack said:

I think you’re right and the title „Jack in the Box“ refers to the toy, and not to our favorite nephil.

Or what about "Jack in the Box" as in, the crappy fast food restaurant?

Sam would love it...

images.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

Sam would love it...

Oh, Man.... two of Sam's nightmares: a clown*** and awful greasy food. : )

*** (or at least a clown like generic something - it's almost creepier that way)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, SueB said:

Jensen tweeting from set.  And maybe Daneel is in an ep?   

1

She doesn't seem to be dressed as Anael though. She looks like herself. I think she possibly only visited Jensen with the kids on set because of Vday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

But she has been in Vancouver for like a week so definitely expecting a Sister Jo/Anael appearance.

Me too.

As for Jensen's screentime; the note from Jess (ibelieveinthelittletreetopper tumblr ... does all the spoilers) indicated Dean-lite (not Dean-free) in 14.15. She thought it was due to family time (vice a project).

PLUS we have a filming out of order comment where 16 was filmed before 15. Which means that he might have done his work on 16 and 15 and then got like 6 extra days (presuming he shot like 2 days) for a longer family thing before 17.  He's clearly on 17 and right from the jump.

In short, while all the theories about less screen time MIGHT be true, I think it's far more likely that he simply finagled the schedule for a wee break.  I note that it was about this time a few years back that Jensen called down to LA and asked for a wee break because the storyline was so heavy.  This just may have been proactively planningon his part to always take a breather.  Maybe this is a normal 'low energy' time of year for him in the filming season.  In which case, excellent self care on Jensen's part.  This is the kind of planning that makes a longer run (longer than 15 years) of Supernatural possible.

How did it happen?  Could have been an advanced "give me one Dean-light episode in the late Jan/early Feb filming time" condition of his contract.  Jared may have asked for something similar, something different, or not at all.  Or it could have been a natural byproduct of the storyline (especially with the news that the Michael/Dean mental match is going to pop out soon -- like maybe end of EP14?) and Jensen is savvy enough to parly it into an extended family time.

In sum, I think it's a blip fo 14.15 and that's it.  Time will tell.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually kind of glad episode 15 is Dean light given the writer.

Given how juvenile her twitter comes across I can't say I'm looking forward to her writing an ep.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm actually kind of glad episode 15 is Dean light given the writer.

Given how juvenile her twitter comes across I can't say I'm looking forward to her writing an ep.

The Dabb assisstant? Yeah. Though she is writing with Yockey so who knows if he just re-wrote everything she did. I`d rather Jensen or Dean mostly miss a Berens ep because blergh.

However if episode 15 is the episode that somehow plays in the mind or world created by a psychic? That sounded like it could be a cute story and I thought it had potential for neat parallels with what is going on in Dean`s mind. So I`m disappointed on that level.

Episode 16 appears to mark the return of the bland teenagers from episode 300. Almost no chance they get eaten in those woods. Bummer. 

Ep 17, I fear on some level marks the return of Lucifer because spoiler-tumblr has Pellegrino down for it but not as "Nick" but "Lucifer". Maybe it`s a dream or vision or hallucination or something of Nick`s. Best case scenario. I know I won`t get my wish of permanently gone Lucifer but keep him away as long as possible.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

However if episode 15 is the episode that somehow plays in the mind or world created by a psychic? That sounded like it could be a cute story and I thought it had potential for neat parallels with what is going on in Dean`s mind. So I`m disappointed on that level.

This is a good point.

Berens next ep is called Absence.  I wonder that refers to Michael being gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Good to see her back, and looking gorgeous as usual. I just hope her scenes manage to remain intact this time and not cut down to almost nothing, like her scene with Michael in the premiere.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, SueB said:

Me too.

As for Jensen's screentime; the note from Jess (ibelieveinthelittletreetopper tumblr ... does all the spoilers) indicated Dean-lite (not Dean-free) in 14.15. She thought it was due to family time (vice a project).

PLUS we have a filming out of order comment where 16 was filmed before 15. Which means that he might have done his work on 16 and 15 and then got like 6 extra days (presuming he shot like 2 days) for a longer family thing before 17.  He's clearly on 17 and right from the jump.

In short, while all the theories about less screen time MIGHT be true, I think it's far more likely that he simply finagled the schedule for a wee break.  I note that it was about this time a few years back that Jensen called down to LA and asked for a wee break because the storyline was so heavy.  This just may have been proactively planningon his part to always take a breather.  Maybe this is a normal 'low energy' time of year for him in the filming season.  In which case, excellent self care on Jensen's part.  This is the kind of planning that makes a longer run (longer than 15 years) of Supernatural possible.

How did it happen?  Could have been an advanced "give me one Dean-light episode in the late Jan/early Feb filming time" condition of his contract.  Jared may have asked for something similar, something different, or not at all.  Or it could have been a natural byproduct of the storyline (especially with the news that the Michael/Dean mental match is going to pop out soon -- like maybe end of EP14?) and Jensen is savvy enough to parly it into an extended family time.

In sum, I think it's a blip fo 14.15 and that's it.  Time will tell.

I haven’t seen a spoiler blog from Jess in a long time. Is she still doing them? 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Ep 17, I fear on some level marks the return of Lucifer because spoiler-tumblr has Pellegrino down for it but not as "Nick" but "Lucifer". Maybe it`s a dream or vision or hallucination or something of Nick`s. Best case scenario. I know I won`t get my wish of permanently gone Lucifer but keep him away as long as possible.  

At this point I'm honestly not sure which would be less painful. I do really like Pellegrino as an actor. But damn this Nick storyline would be sub-par even for daytime soap opera material! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×