BatmanBeatles

The Simpsons Made Me Do It: Moments That Influence Everyday Life

Sometimes, in response to a topic, I will say "I don't see what any of this has to do with Groundskeeper Willie".  It really is the perfect all-purpose non-sequitur.

Edited by Thrifty
  • Like 2

From "Trash of the Titans", whenever someone wants me to opine on some political figure, I say "I don't know Ray Patterson... but he's no Ray Patterson."

• Like 1

I have been watching the revival of The Gong Show, and I keep thinking of when Homer and Barney were on it.  I keep saying "we got more gongs than the breakdancing robot that caught on fire".

I’ve bought a few figures from the World of Simpsons. Selma and Rod & Todd. Don’t judge me!

There are very few things that I can claim I grew up with. I remember this show debuting right after I began 7th grade. I’m 41 years old. I don’t think I’ve missed an episode since the shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show. Watching The Simpsons is like comfort food for me. I hope it never ends.

• Like 3

I was watching an Arizona Diamondbacks game, and I guess one of the players likes to move his arm up and down like a train conductor after big plays, so it has caught on with fans and someone made a sign that said, "I Choo-Choo-Choose You" with the player's name below it.  That reminded me of years ago when outfielder Shin Soo Choo was playing for Cleveland, there was a sign in the crowd that said, "I Choo-Choo-Choose You, Shin Soo."

• Like 1

So I am watching something on PBS tonight and when the part at the beginning  comes on where they say the show is madw possible thanks to contributions fro viewers like you in my mind I instantly hear Betty White call me a common thief (as i have never contributed). The crazy thing is I can't remember the last time I saw that episode but it could easily be more than 7 years ago.

• Like 3

There is a Progressive commercial that runs a lot where the box is a lounge singer.  His first few songs are about insurance, but the last, where he tries to woo a lady, is so embarrassing that it makes me think of Kirk Van Houten singing "Can I Borrow a Feeling?"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1