Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

Rey is the worst cop ever.  He's not supposed to be involved in the case but he's interviewing a prime suspect?  Way to fuck up the investigation, moron. 

Also, while I can't stand Summer and think she deserves every bit of hate and contempt she receives, Arturo was such a dick about it.  Still, it was funny watching her flounce off in angry silence.

4 hours ago, atiyah9369 said:

I watched the Nikki focused episode and all I could do was focus on the ink pen she was using in jail. I wish they would list items like that somewhere.

Me, three!

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2

I go back with Jordi Vilaluso to Guiding Light  where he was a young actor who was awful... but I figured he would get better...

I was wrong...

...He was bland & emotionless back then & he's even worse now because along with the bland,  there's smug (and a constant 5 o'clock shadow that he has all day)...

IMO, terrible character & terrible actor....

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

It’s a good thing Mia wears wigs at least she won’t leave hair dna evidence at the crime scene. 

Arturo was so rude today 😤

He kissed Lola hard smack dab on her forehead bruise. His smack down of Summer was fine 👌🏼 

Ana is gorgeous and level headed and hardworking without being an asshole about it. I don’t want to hear her sing though. Since Hilary has died I’ve liked Devon. People need to lighten the fuck up and let him breathe damn. Amelia/Victoria has campaigned the show for years to put her with him. Uhhh😬 not sure about that but I do think he has potential if they give him backbone and sarcasm after this. 

Phyllis, Summer and Mia are making this show damn near impossible to watch and I’m slightly annoyed they are playing the same person so it’s like a symphony of the same aggressive egomaniac dialogue and hostile or sexayyy behavior. The writers probably think it’s funny as hell they can cut their work 33% recycling this shit. 

• Like 14

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, Bunnyto4 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic that the trip down memory lane is indicative of the end of the Mal Young era. Now maybe we can expect some decent storytelling. Come on now,  you have to admit that it was fun to watch if only for all that hair!! Even The Mustache had real purty hair. Plus I was glad to have a break from the Rrrrrrosales family!

I didn't mind the Nicki retrospective. I was surprised discussing her friendship with Paul Williams (Good Lord, they were so young!) she didn't mention their son Dylan. I loved the Jack and Nicki scene about the transplant of their baby boy's heart to another needy child. <sniff> Those were golden days; Jack and Nicki were a gorgeous couple.

8 hours ago, BoffoDaWonderSheep said:

While watching the Nikki retrospective, I wondered if they ever did a storyline about the baby who received the heart of Nikki and Jack's son? They could bring him on as an adult character. Or has that already been done?

That would be a fascinating story investing the heartfelt loss of both Nicki and Jack. Victor should be compassionate, being a transplant recipient himself. Because it involves Jagabbott, Victor will play the belligerent heavy.

I couldn't watch Nicki and Mrs. Chancellor. It was too sad.

7 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

If you put your ear up to a conch shell, you can hear the ocean. If you put your eye up to Summer's ear, you can see the ocean. 

A toxic red tide from the looks of it.

Hey Heckle and Jeckle, if your so concerned about Lola than why aren't you there, sitting by her bedside, letting her know you are there for her.  They are keeping away the only one who really should be there but anyone else can visit. 

Another day with a new mission for the Rosales brothers -- I was wondering where Mia was; didn't she make some over-wrought vow about staying by Lola's side or was Mia promising to hang on to Rey Rey for dear life through this ordeal? 

These two assholes are destined to wander the streets of Genoa City, snarling, insulting, interrogating and generally making nuisances of themselves with the legacy characters that are forced to engage with them.

Arturo finally got some wood on the ball reading Dumber for filth. But Det.Rey Rey insists on screwing up another investigation by assuming the guilt of the town pariah -- I don't mind that Dumber nearly made Det.Rey Rey's case (she's an idiot and could use a few hours in GCPD's holding cell), but his presumption of Dumber's guilt is still wrong again, not supported by evidence and is wasting the investigative time the other detective. 

Devon, WTF?  Fen sounds like a thousand other artists and so does Ana.

It's Abraham Maslow's Law of the Instrument: "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Is Rey as dense as Summer?  Why he working Lola's case when he's not suppose to.  Rey loves to throw shit upon the wall just to see how much would stick. Why is there no mention of finding an earring by the pool?

It's one of those sterling moments as each of them step firmly down upon the rake of Maleficent's character development.

FondAdoredJackal-size_restricted.gif 

Det.Rey Rey is quarter a step ahead of Dumber, but fell far behind her when he interrupted Dumber's threat against Kyle's presumed accusation that she had attacked Lola.

They're both morons.

I got news for Summer, I rather be like Sharon than your mother.

Where's Faith while Sharon in jail?

<shrug>

It doesn't matter. Neither woman is Mother of the Year.

Banana Breath really doesn't know why Phyllis has been let out of jail and the other weren't.  I guess Phyllis did fuck his brains out or he overdosed on Banana Cream Pie. 

It's hard to believe Nick has no questions for Phyllis, though I expect he will find out all the gruesome details at the arraignment.  

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 14

One thing I liked about Nikki was her myriad strong friendships and I’m glad the retrospective touched on that. Of course this was in the years when soaps developed friendships and invested in relationships over time. AMC had some great ones too. 😢 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

One thing I liked about Nikki was her myriad strong friendships and I’m glad the retrospective touched on that. Of course this was in the years when soaps developed friendships and invested in relationships over time. AMC had some great ones too. 😢 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I loved Jack and Adam's. Lord most of these people NEED a friend. I like Kyle & Lola with Mariah... 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I couldn't watch Nicki and Mrs. Chancellor. It was too sad.

I did watch, but the tears were streaming. 😭

I've always liked Nikki. We're about the same age and though I was never a stripper, I did marry, at 22, a strong-willed man 20 years older, so I think I kind of identified with her.

• Like 9

OK....if Lola goes into liver failure and Dummer is the only match for her (you can donate a piece of your liver) I'll cut a bitch *looking your direction Mal*.

Grrrrr.......

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

OK....if Lola goes into liver failure and Dummer is the only match for her (you can donate a piece of your liver) I'll cut a bitch *looking your direction Mal*.

And you'll likely have plenty of backup. Ugh, at least go all soapy with it and let Kyle be the one to give Lola a lifesaving piece of himself. Before she actually gets that piece, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 8

I'm tuning in less and less these days but did watch the Nikki anniversary special. 

It was...odd...to have Nikki writing a no-holds-barred letter to her grandchildren, but they have to have some kind of plot contrivance to tie it in. Although Nikki didn't have anything better to do so she could have just sat in her cell and reminisced instead.

I absolutely loved the flashbacks - I started watching as a kid around the time Victor was doing his Henry Higgins on Nikki's Eliza Doostripper. And lord help me, I couldn't help but be charmed by seeing those old scenes again. I'm sure the nostalgia will pass. 

I didn't miss Dull-an but it was weird for him to not warrant a quick clip or mention, especially with soon-to-return DD's Paul featuring quite a bit. 

Nikki and Kay got me in the feels as did her fellow alcoholics tough love scene with KSJ/Neil. But man, seeing her with Jack (and my goodness what a golden, gorgeous couple they were - and STILL could be) and him sharing the news that their lost son's heart lived on in another child. I would LOVE a storyline that featured the now adult recipient. 

This is cheesy, I know, but I was also hoping to hear the Ice Castles theme "Looking Through the Eyes of Love." Especially if they used the scene where Jack was dancing with Nikki to it at the Colonnade Room and it was either Victor or someone standing next to him, watching, remarking something like: "He's not only stolen my woman, he's stolen our song." 

• Like 13

Dear God-is it possible that Rey is going to put 2 & 2 together and NOT get 3?? Hope springs eternal.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 12

10 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I loved Jack and Adam's. 

Adam initially pursued a relationship, a replacement father if you will, with Jack to annoy and anger Victor. Adam saw in Jack an ally against all things Victor Newman, and Jack was all for that having his own ax to grind. Jack occasionally acknowledged that Adam was hell-bent to do his worst creating chaos and mayhem against his father, but often it served a purpose for Jack. He was able to aggravate Victor through a surrogate and keep his hands clean while Adam muddied the waters to undermine his father's life and livelihood. Jack certainly appreciated the comradery with Adam, but he was cruelly used and victimized by Adam just as often as he was a beneficiary of Adam's revenge against the Newman Universe.

MM adult Adam showed up in Genoa City with revenge in mind after his mother's funeral. Though it was never made specifically clear why Adam hated Victor, he blamed him for abandoning him to the tender mercies of Hope, Cliff Wilson and the idyllic farm life in Kansas. Victor was a Bad Dad (Old news, small fry) and Adam was going to make Victor pay. It never registered with Adam that Hope divorced and left Victor, and Genoa City, to protect her son from corruption she felt was endemic in Victor's life. Instead of cosseting her son, Hope insecurity, jealousy and hatred for all things Newman in Adam, very much the same neurotic drive and insecurity created in Victor when orphaned with his brother.

Victor, his step-siblings, Nicki, everyone Newman family-adjacent were victims to Adam's justified personal attacks -- Look at what he did to Ashley, preying on her tenuous mental state to the point that she fell down the stairs while pregnant, and miscarried. Adam burned the fetus in the Ranch fireplace so he could continue tormenting Ashley because he had to crush anyone Victor might love or care about and hurt his father as a byproduct.

If Jack had ever known what Adam had done to Ashley to avenge himself on Victor, he would have turned one of Adam's plots against him. 

Lord most of these people NEED a friend.

If they only knew how to be a friend without back-stabbing, cheating and lying to everyone … But then there would be no Soap to speak of and we'd be waxing rhapsodic and clutching our pearls over the human drama of Touched By An Angel.

I like Kyle & Lola with Mariah... 

We have to include Tessa with them being that she's being written less criminal and a more trustworthy lover to Mariah.

Lola's very whiny with Mariah/Tessa, but listens when they make sense or advise.

Kyle's whiny, and ignores all cogent advice Mariah/Tessa have to offer. He spends too much time regretting that he hadn't listened and acted on their counsel.

Under other less-stressful circumstances Kyle/Lola/Mariah/Tessa are entertaining and fun. 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Adam initially pursued a relationship, a replacement father if you will, with Jack to annoy and anger Victor. Adam saw in Jack an ally against all things Victor Newman, and Jack was all for that having his own ax to grind. Jack occasionally acknowledged that Adam was hell-bent to do his worst creating chaos and mayhem against his father, but often it served a purpose for Jack. He was able to aggravate Victor through a surrogate and keep his hands clean while Adam muddied the waters to undermine his father's life and livelihood. Jack certainly appreciated the comradery with Adam, but he was cruelly used and victimized by Adam just as often as he was a beneficiary of Adam's revenge against the Newman Universe.

MM adult Adam showed up in Genoa City with revenge in mind after his mother's funeral. Though it was never made specifically clear why Adam hated Victor, he blamed him for abandoning him to the tender mercies of Hope, Cliff Wilson and the idyllic farm life in Kansas. Victor was a Bad Dad (Old news, small fry) and Adam was going to make Victor pay. It never registered with Adam that Hope divorced and left Victor, and Genoa City, to protect her son from corruption she felt was endemic in Victor's life. Instead of cosseting her son, Hope insecurity, jealousy and hatred for all things Newman in Adam, very much the same neurotic drive and insecurity created in Victor when orphaned with his brother.

Victor, his step-siblings, Nicki, everyone Newman family-adjacent were victims to Adam's justified personal attacks -- Look at what he did to Ashley, preying on her tenuous mental state to the point that she fell down the stairs while pregnant, and miscarried. Adam burned the fetus in the Ranch fireplace so he could continue tormenting Ashley because he had to crush anyone Victor might love or care about and hurt his father as a byproduct.

If Jack had ever known what Adam had done to Ashley to avenge himself on Victor, he would have turned one of Adam's plots against him. 

If they only knew how to be a friend without back-stabbing, cheating and lying to everyone … But then there would be no Soap to speak of and we'd be waxing rhapsodic and clutching our pearls over the human drama of Touched By An Angel.

We have to include Tessa with them being that she's being written less criminal and a more trustworthy lover to Mariah.

Lola's very whiny with Mariah/Tessa, but listens when they make sense or advise.

Kyle's whiny, and ignores all cogent advice Mariah/Tessa have to offer. He spends too much time regretting that he hadn't listened and acted on their counsel.

Under other less-stressful circumstances Kyle/Lola/Mariah/Tessa are entertaining and fun. 

I always had difficulty with Jack and Adam being besties because didn't Jack pretty much throw Adam under the bus and into prison for the whole fake Pricktor diary?  But Adam apparently got past that.

I thought Jack did know about what Adam did to Ash that caused her to miscarry, no?

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Amelia/Victoria has campaigned the show for years to put her with him.

Him, meaning Devon.  I've never heard about that.  Might be odd, given she was engaged to Neil at one time. But since when has that stopped a soap? 😄

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Might be odd, given she was engaged to Neil at one time. But since when has that stopped a soap?

Victoria's engagement to Neil was a joke and a not even a funny one IMO. She was pregnant with another guy's baby and since it was a high-risk situation Neil gallantly (😑) declined to have sex with her. They were even living together! Then they broke up almost the minute she miscarried and the two of them had never consummated their relationship. At least Hilary managed to marry both Neil and Devon and had plenty of sex with both of them, hah, hah.

They were definitely chemistry-testing Victoria with Nate a couple months ago.

They seem to have chem-tested Nate with almost every available woman in GC and none of the potential pairings worked out. He must be made of a substance that doesn't mix well. 🤔

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

You'd think a dim bulb like Summer would understand small words in short sentences like, "I don't want you here," "Leave me alone," and "I love Lola."  Clearly not.  Kyle should start using longer sentences with bigger words like stalking, harassment and restraining order.  She probably still wouldn't get it, but it would make me happy.

Phyllis is stupid.  Did she really think letting Nick hear about her treachery in court would be better than telling him herself?  Whatever.  At least this idiotic story looks like it's leading to

Spoiler

Jack finally doing something to get his company back.

I'm ready for Rey, Mia and Arturo to leave.

Edited by Kitty Redstone · Reason: spoiler tagging for people who don't get previews
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Oh please, Mia with her crocodile tears. She's just scared her role in Lola's accident will be found out and both Rosales brothers will turn on her permanently.

Nick stays looking like a fool. Before they left home Phyllis was all but confessing she sold out his mom and sister and it apparently went right over his heads--his regular one and the little one.

Summer, stop. Just stop. Kyle does not want you. Did you learn nothing with Billy? (And is there any chance she's pregnant or is that time line too stretched at this point?)

Whee, the judge was kind of snarky with Christine. Yes, Your Honor, we're also wondering why she's still the DA given how incompetent she's been for years.

Gracious Abby and backstabbing Mia hug it out while Rey stands there looking like he's trying to calculate the square root of pi. 🤔

🎶And I am telling you. I'm not going! I'm staying, I'm staying. And you, and you, you're gonna love me🎶  Look at Summer trying to go all Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls on Kyle. Oy.

Wow, those previews looked great! It's gonna be roses and champagne time when some uppance comes for two of the most deserving people.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

You guys are being unfair to Rey. He lacks many of the advantages that Chief Williams had. For example, Rey has not vacuum sealed himself into a pair of jeans, a law enforcement technique that forces blood upward and into the brain. I can’t believe I ever doubted Paul and his tight pockets; it was never about getting his masochistic jollies by using his trousers as a testicular torture device. It was about justice. I’ve also noticed that Detective Rosales fails to employ the Silver Briefcase of Righteous Justice. His razor could be locked inside it right now. 

Gonorrhea. Malarial mosquitos. Ghost pepper shits. A poltergeist. Penis caught in mouse trap. Booger sandwiches. Sandpaper toilet tissue. A drink of orange juice after brushing your teeth. Nipple caught in mouse trap.

I’ll take “Things people would rather have than Summer’s company” for $400, Alex.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 13

2 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Him, meaning Devon.  I've never heard about that.  Might be odd, given she was engaged to Neil at one time. But since when has that stopped a soap? 😄

Yes Amelia Heinle/Victoria has mentioned in interviews asking producers and writers to pair her with Devon multiple occasions and being declined. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Watching Summer walking towards Kyle reminds me of something Susan Sarandon said.  "The thing that is bad about breasts is that you have to choose between having a mind and having breasts.  It'd be nice if you could have both".  One other think Susan said that was quite funny. "I think it's very hard to be nude in a scene and not be upstaged by your nipples".  

Heckle, the coat was in chlorinated water and you actually think there will still be DNA. Could someone please tell me why the coat was not in an evidence bag?  It was just laying in a box that could allow it to be contaminated. Once again I say, where is Mia's earring.  

Mia can spin a story but Phyllis is still the master of masters.  Phyllis has immunity so I guess it won't matter that she was the ringleader of the cover up.  IMHO, Christine didn't need to give Phyllis immunity.  She could have brought the same fucked up charges of 2nd degree Intentional Homeside and Party to Intentional Homeside.  To be slightly fare to Phyllis, her statement was more to self defense than to Intentional Homeside but as usual, Christine has to be over dramatic in her self importance.  

Phyllis, Victor can do a lot worse to you than having a doubleganger invading your privates.  Phyllis disappearing wouldn't be an option.  Victor would be more prown to causing public ruination. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

This is cheesy, I know, but I was also hoping to hear the Ice Castles theme "Looking Through the Eyes of Love." Especially if they used the scene where Jack was dancing with Nikki to it at the Colonnade Room and it was either Victor or someone standing next to him, watching, remarking something like: "He's not only stolen my woman, he's stolen our song."  

I knew they had a song, but I had forgotten what it was. Theme songs for soap couples in the 80s were so popular.

• Like 4

Can someone hit Summer with a truck? I just hate her. According the the best doctor in Genoa city, Lola might die, and Summer can’t stop dangling her  cooch  at Kyle or stop saying mean shit about her.  She’s as bad, if not worse than her skanky mother. Speaking of, Phyllis in the courtroom looks like she’s doing her best Nora Desmond impression.  Did she think Nick was going to be okay with her selling his mom and sister out? How does she recover from this? Whose dick will she fall on?  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I knew they had a song, but I had forgotten what it was. Theme songs for soap couples in the 80s were so popular.

Victor and Nikki had the "Monster Mash".

Victor was a graveyard smash.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4